Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224383 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Pool?
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »
saw aquilini at the gym today....never heard anyone say anything good about the guy....i'm not too stoked on our ownership group...... he kinda seemed like a goon....good to see him use a community centre  though....

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
i just checked my roster today, and half of my forwards are injured or have some other complication.

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2008, 12:57:29 PM »
when you add a player, do you get points for him for the very next game? I noticed that on the add a player list, it automatically shows what games the players have tomorrow instead of today.

frisco

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2008, 05:37:37 PM »
Anyone who is near a tv WATCH TSN, there is such a crazy world junior championship game with Canada against the States, so many dirty sticks, brutal hits and pretty crazy goals, havent been this stoked on a hockey game for a while

Battle

• Rep: 12
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »
yeah i dont usually watch these tournaments but i randomly put this on and its a great game. it was  3-1 for the us when i started watching and now its 5-4 canada in the second.

Battle

• Rep: 12
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2008, 06:17:23 PM »
yeah im battles in the pool, i blew it and missed the draft so ive been trying to make good trades but you've been owning it so far

frisco

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2009, 02:28:39 AM »
Well this year was a real hit and miss pool, should have made it without the bench players, should have realized people dont have time everyday to switch up their roster, was planning on creating a slap playoff pool but never got around to it

Next year itll be better, hopefully we get a few more people

frisco

« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2009, 02:34:54 AM »
Expand Quote
hah yea dumb move on my part. shouldve dropped hossa instead. i donno though, voros on the same line as zherdev and dubi has been looking pretty good so well see. and its fun when you have guys who are on the same team that you follow on your fantasy team.

nevertheless, yes, im an idiot
[close]

no its definately a good line, im just suprised you didnt have anyone else on your team you could have dropped instead, i would have been MORE shocked with a hossa drop for a 2nd line checking center on a hot streak

nevertheless, your beating me in the pool so i cant pass any judgement until i pass you think weekend which i will   

on a seperate note though .

BURROWS, fuck he did it again.

Ill predict now that when the canucks DO make the playoffs it will be because of our third line checking forwards

Im scared at the thought of re-signing Kesler long term, apparently every team wants him right now

^^Quoted from October 2008   ;D

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2009, 06:55:29 AM »
ha i came into work today with intentions of posting in this thread. yea it turns out i didnt really have time to keep up with my team. it started getting too hard to do shit like that at work, and at home the last thing i wanna see is a computer.

but, playoffs start today. the rangers play washington and im hoping they can keep a hold on ovechkin. we've had a rocky season but theyve been playing better since tortorella came on board. we'll see. what are your thoughts on your teams?

MOSAIC!

• Rep: 11
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2009, 08:39:13 AM »
Here's my predictions
Boston vs. Montreal: Montreal's done in 5 they don't stand a chance with Markov injured.
Washington vs. NYR: The Rangers can't keep up with WSH's offense, also the Rangers have been brutal on the road, Caps sweep
NJ vs Carolina: This one could go either way but I'm gonna go with Carolina in 7 they were to good in the last part of the season to not pick them
Pittsburgh vs. Philly: Pittsburgh has been amazing in the last part of the season but I'm gonna say Philly in seven because of how balanced there offense is
San Jose vs. Anaheim: San Jose in 6, this looks like it could be the year for San Jose they have everything you need to win a cup
Detroit vs. Columbus: Even with Steve Mason the Jackets don't stand a chance with Detroit's offense and Columbus doesn't have enough experience to pull an upset, Wings in 5
Vancouver vs. St Louis: I almost want to take St Louis because of how strong they were at the end but it would be hard to for the nucks to loose with Luongo in net, Vancouver in 6
Chicago vs. Calgary: Chicago because of how banged up the Flames are and I think Jokinen and Cammalari will play real bad, Chicago in 6

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2009, 11:44:40 AM »
i'm choked i missed this thread till just now. oh well, maybe next time. i can't wait to see my team spank those stupid cowboy hick fucks. god i fuckin hate calgary. i hate them more than i hate gravel in the skatepark.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

MOSAIC!

« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »
flames fans are almost as bad as pens fans, there both morons though

frisco

« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »
i'm choked i missed this thread till just now. oh well, maybe next time. i can't wait to see my team spank those stupid cowboy hick fucks. god i fuckin hate calgary. i hate them more than i hate gravel in the skatepark.

welcome friend, no team do i despise more than calgary

MOSAIC!

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2009, 02:25:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

welcome friend, no team do i despise more than calgary
Good thing they'll be out soon enough

MOSAIC!

« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2009, 05:28:55 PM »
God I feel stupid looking at my old post.

I've been in hawaii the last week and a half and I haven't been able to update my team. Next year if I make the draft date i'll be a lot better.

God, I hope the kings have a big off season, fucking christ I hope we get a star player. We did a lot this year and I bet we make the playoffs next season.

Go to the hockeyfuture.com forum if you want a good hockey message board.

They should trade for Kovalchuk and sign him long term, the kings will make the playoffs next year, there defense will be to good not to

frisco

« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2009, 05:32:50 PM »
They have a superstar in Kopitar but need better secondary scoring and a Goalie, I think they've gone through more goalies since the lockout then any team

MOSAIC!

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2009, 06:01:06 PM »
They have a superstar in Kopitar but need better secondary scoring and a Goalie, I think they've gone through more goalies since the lockout then any team
They need more than Kopitar, and there goaltending got a lot better at the end of the year

frisco

« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2009, 06:35:48 PM »
I cant believe Washingtons gonna lose, I fucking hate theodore he blows games for them so badly, I want these guys to do well Ovie and Green are way too sick

MOSAIC!

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »
Ya Theodore was incredibly shaky, Ovechkins my favorite for sure he had like 15 shots tonight

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2009, 07:07:37 AM »
very surprised the rangers won last night. its gonna be a tough series for them to keep up with washington. we just need to get the puck on net more, theodore isn't looking too good. thank god we have lundqvist, we probably wouldnt've made the playoffs without him

MOSAIC!

« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2009, 08:09:43 AM »
Ya Rangers played a perfect game last night, they knew the Caps weakness
Lundqvist was incredible in the first he kept them in it 

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2009, 09:47:59 AM »
"you watch the caps rangers game?"
"yeh"
"what happened?"
"Teeodore happened"
"stoooops..."
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

Snarf

• Rep: 3
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2009, 01:20:43 PM »
There is nothing more I love than watching the Devils beat the shit outta the gay ass canes. I fucking love playoffs.
Be considerate to others, or i will bite your torso and give you a disease.

Pug Life

• Rep: 22
  • Steady puggin'
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »
There is nothing more I love than watching the Devils beat the shit outta the gay ass canes. I fucking love playoffs.

I will always hate Carolina because they killed the Whale.  Long live Hartford!

MOSAIC!

« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »
I hate the penguins so much god damn phillys gotta step it up
I dont know how anyone thinks Crosby is better than Ovechkin, Crosbys so overated

frisco

« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2009, 09:48:09 PM »
Ive been good with with my predictions with the exception of Washington losing and SJ probably losing, they're down 1-0, I fucking hate Anaheim, so fucking much

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2009, 10:40:11 PM »
i'm going all favourites in the west....in the east one of the middle teams will upset...washington will win....boston will win...not sure about the other two....

i got to go to the canucks game last night...and tomorrow...stoked...

frisco

« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2009, 11:32:42 PM »
Im going to go in a week if there's a game 5, never though i'd say this but  almost want them to lose one just so i can see them play

damian

« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2009, 11:45:30 PM »
let's just talk about the the eastern conference, and ignore detroit. a series with the fucking blue jackets...

MOSAIC!

« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2009, 07:18:14 AM »
I think detroit could repeat