Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224092 times)

svilleantigo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1350 on: April 15, 2012, 08:32:31 PM »
The past three games were horrible.  Seriously, this last game must have been the 2nd worst game I've seen in about 3 years.  Hair pulling was unintentional because Hartnell has a faggot ginger fro that goes over his shoulders, but everything else was a disappointment.  Yeah, I think Pens need some regrouping.

here's hoping cory schneider pulls another groin and luongo gets shelled for a dozen or so goals.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:34:47 PM by svilleantigo »

penguin meat

« Reply #1351 on: April 15, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
the 3 games have been great, sounds like your just a little salty that hartnell and the boys have been stuntin on the pens
Reread my comment, I'm fuckin bummed on my team.  You must be like many other Philly fans who are too used to talking shit.  Pretty funny you take offense.

thugnificent

« Reply #1352 on: April 15, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
how am i taking offense? im neutral on both teams, but hartnells a beauty and the games have been very entertaining

penguin meat

« Reply #1353 on: April 15, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »
how am i taking offense? im neutral on both teams, but hartnells a beauty and the games have been very entertaining
Sorry, I took you as a philly douche.  Yeah Hartnell is a beauty, if by that you mean a goon-ginger who needs a haircut

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1354 on: April 15, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »
Looks like I'm going to be skating a bit more.....f'n nucks....come on....if we don't score on the power play....we lose.  We're like 2 for 40 or some dumb shit.....

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1355 on: April 15, 2012, 11:24:30 PM »
Wow Edler was an All-Star this year? Did that actually happen?

I was so stoked on the Flyers Pens game, honestly that kind of raw scoring ability throughout the lineup is something the Canucks desperately lack. Not to mention sick rookies. Phillys team is unreal, Coutourier, Schenn and Read. Canucks have who? Kassian? Schroeder? This is obviously me venting after a crushing loss but really I'm so sick of the way this team plays. Booth had a fucking awful playoffs, he looked so promising this regular season with some actual signs of being a "power" forward, although undersized. You think we would change our cycle game? You think we would fucking go after Brown instead of bear hugging him for nearly decapitating our captain? No. We sit back, make regular dump-ins and lose the game.

This is going to be a big off season. Im honestly in favour of trading Lou if we can, I can't imagine the thought of losing Schneider just to see him progress and Lou regress with our aging team. Schneider had a solid game, he wasn't tested as much as Quick but was dependable and had zero chance on the goal against.

We are a regular season team. And it helps that we play in the easiest division in sports. I want there to be a conference re alignment, maybe the Canucks can be tested and come together as a unit. So are we going to "flip the switch" now? Kesler looks like Ovechkin of last years playoffs, cruise in on the wing, load up a wrist shot from 30 feet out and either rifle it into shinpads or miss the net, those shots were going in against Nashville last year, and he was actually playing with some sandpaper, not flopping everywhere.

I feel sick.

/rant

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1356 on: April 16, 2012, 12:10:59 AM »

I was so stoked on the Flyers Pens game, honestly that kind of raw scoring ability throughout the lineup is something the Canucks desperately lack. Not to mention sick rookies. Phillys team is unreal, Coutourier, Schenn and Read. Canucks have who? Kassian? Schroeder? This is obviously me venting after a crushing loss but really I'm so sick of the way this team plays. Booth had a fucking awful playoffs, he looked so promising this regular season with some actual signs of being a "power" forward, although undersized. You think we would change our cycle game? You think we would fucking go after Brown instead of bear hugging him for nearly decapitating our captain? No. We sit back, make regular dump-ins and lose the game.

This is going to be a big off season. Im honestly in favour of trading Lou if we can, I can't imagine the thought of losing Schneider just to see him progress and Lou regress with our aging team. Schneider had a solid game, he wasn't tested as much as Quick but was dependable and had zero chance on the goal against.

We are a regular season team. And it helps that we play in the easiest division in sports. I want there to be a conference re alignment, maybe the Canucks can be tested and come together as a unit. So are we going to "flip the switch" now? Kesler looks like Ovechkin of last years playoffs, cruise in on the wing, load up a wrist shot from 30 feet out and either rifle it into shinpads or miss the net, those shots were going in against Nashville last year, and he was actually playing with some sandpaper, not flopping everywhere.

I feel sick.

/rant

I enjoyed that rant. I'm not a Canucks fan at all, but it was painful watching them. You summed it up pretty nicely. I hope Gregor Robertson bet something ridiculous with LA's mayor. Like the mayor whose team loses has to publicly give fellatio to the other dude. I'm sorry but Vancouver's mayor is a cocky son of a bitch when it comes to his city and even more cocky when it comes to his sports teams.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1357 on: April 16, 2012, 07:08:34 AM »
I watched the end of that canucks game last night. 3 in a row for the kings and flyers haha shit's getting crazy.

Is it just me or do all the canucks players whine to the refs after EVERY SINGLE CALL. Your argument gets a bit watered down when you cry wolf.

Fuck the canucks haha, fuck the sens too I want all canadian teams to loose since I'm a bitter leafs fan.

I wanted the pens to go far, but glad it's the flyers who are taking it from them, those were the 2 teams I wanted to see win.

dude

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1358 on: April 16, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
I'm looking forward to the Caps/Bruins game tonight. Tim Thomas is gonna really hear it from the Washington crowd after denying the White House.

Also, for those who missed it

All the fights between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh

And Crosby's post-game reaction

Sidney Crosby Post Game Reaction (Game 3 vs. Philadelphia)

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1359 on: April 16, 2012, 03:34:05 PM »

Dustin Brown crushes Henrik Sedin 4/15/12

Dustin Brown is a hell of a hockey player.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:36:26 PM by Nick.. »

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1360 on: April 16, 2012, 03:34:35 PM »
incredible

thugnificent

« Reply #1361 on: April 16, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »

they gave these shirts out at the game yesterday, i need one

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1362 on: April 16, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »

And Crosby's post-game reaction

Sidney Crosby Post Game Reaction (Game 3 vs. Philadelphia)

I spit out my drink at work holy was not expecting that

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1363 on: April 16, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
hahhahahhaha!  im showing everybody that
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1364 on: April 17, 2012, 05:27:19 AM »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1365 on: April 17, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote

I feel sick.

/rant
[close]

I enjoyed that rant. I'm not a Canucks fan at all, but it was painful watching them. You summed it up pretty nicely. I hope Gregor Robertson bet something ridiculous with LA's mayor. Like the mayor whose team loses has to publicly give fellatio to the other dude. I'm sorry but Vancouver's mayor is a cocky son of a bitch when it comes to his city and even more cocky when it comes to his sports teams.

No argument here, Canucks fans are very cocky

Shaw got 3 games, Hagelin got 3 games. Weber got..a fine? Wait that really happened? Fuck still can't believe that, Shanahans afraid to suspend any stars and just saves the discipline for the role guys. Watch Neal not get anything

dude

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1366 on: April 18, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »
This is completely fucked. No call from the officials? Quenneville's reaction speaks for everyone. Torres is such a piece of shit. Needless to say, he's suspended now.

Coach Quenneville on Torres hit. Phoenix Coyotes vs Chicago Blackhawks 4/17/12 NHL Hockey

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #1367 on: April 18, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »
Pens/Flyers game 3 was just embarrassing for the Penguins. Played like shit. Acted like shit. Neal and Asham get suspended. The only two positive things were Letang beating the shit out of Timonen and Crosby batting Giroux's glove away.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #1368 on: April 18, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »
can't wait to watch the games tonight. as for all of this suspending and head shot shit being in the headlines, it boggles my mind that hockey has come to this. i don't condone complete goonery but growing up watching hockey in the 90's, you wouldn't really be too blown away by some of the hits that people are getting banned for these days. generally a fight would just ensue after a gnarly hit and that was that.

Nick..

« Reply #1369 on: April 18, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »
Schneider starting tonight, the other Sedin is playing tonight. Bye bye Luongo?

And I thought this was funny

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:01:27 PM by Nick.. »

Nick..

« Reply #1370 on: April 18, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
9-3 Pittsburgh..... holy fucking fuck.

frisco

• SLAP Pal

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1372 on: April 19, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
Sweet baby jeebus that series is getting crazy. If it goes to a game 7 they are projecting 100+ goals in a series lol.

Go Pens. I would love to see them come back now, if only to shut up the obnoxious philly fans. Oh what Crosby's crying again? Well he's also scoring goals again, deal with it.

penguin meat

« Reply #1373 on: April 19, 2012, 08:21:39 AM »
Sweet baby jeebus that series is getting crazy. If it goes to a game 7 they are projecting 100+ goals in a series lol.

Go Pens. I would love to see them come back now, if only to shut up the obnoxious philly fans. Oh what Crosby's crying again? Well he's also scoring goals again, deal with it.

My math doesn't really agree with that.

But the Pens comeback is underway and I'm psyched I finally got to see a playoff win.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1374 on: April 19, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My math doesn't really agree with that.

But the Pens comeback is underway and I'm psyched I finally got to see a playoff win.

With the way the Goalies are playing I wouldn't put it past them.

Fuck why couldnt the Canucks win last night been game 3 instead of game 4. I have little faith, even after a solid showing like that

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1375 on: April 19, 2012, 08:30:23 AM »
in the first 4 games there was 45 goals. 100 is a bit of an exaggeration but 75 is possible.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1376 on: April 19, 2012, 09:21:32 AM »
seriously, i dont care about any other teams, defense or anything, i just wanna watch the pens flyers play over and over and over.

i

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #1377 on: April 19, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »
Came into work this morning to find this...

The ad agency I work for does business with the NHL, so they gave us the Cup for the day!

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #1378 on: April 19, 2012, 09:53:02 AM »

The ad agency I work for does business with the NHL, so they gave us the Cup for the day!

that's awesome.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1379 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's awesome.

gnarrred