Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224284 times)

macgruber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1410 on: May 24, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »
No matter what happens, there will be an American captain raising the Cup. That's pretty rad.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1411 on: May 25, 2012, 10:15:28 PM »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1412 on: July 23, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »
About time we dusted this old baby off

Has your team got better/worse this offseason?

The Jackets just got raped by the Rangers, they traded their captain Rick Nash for Dubinsky, Anisimov and Erixon, and a 1st

Been a pretty fucking boring offseason, The Staal and Schenn trades were rad to see, not feeling the Parise and Suter deals. Im thinking Nashville will match the Weber offersheet but they could take the 4 1sts, then flip them to Philly for Couturier or some other young talent

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1413 on: July 23, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »
we let our teaparty supporting goober Timmy Tommy take a year (pfftt....right, just a year...like youre not gonna retire for goods 3 months in) off, and picked up PK Subban's lil bro as a bLack-up goalie.

Other than that, not many moves made for the Bruins.
I'm not as hopeful this season as I was last.
@idealhandmades

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1414 on: July 23, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »
But you guys have Dougie Hamilton to look forward too. Poor Leafs fans. Jeez that deal looks worse and worse every year.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1415 on: July 23, 2012, 03:43:26 PM »
But you guys have Dougie Hamilton to look forward too. Poor Leafs fans. Jeez that deal looks worse and worse every year.

OH YEAH! I forgot about Doug.
yeah leafs are fucked, and Nashville is probably gonna be fucked this go around too
I was just thinking the other day, how shitty would that be if they DID delay the season (or shit, outright canceled it due to a strike) for Winnipeg.
You wait so damn long, and spend so much damn money to finally get a team again
and then get fucked over the next season after having such a promising start back as a franchise.
And what the fuck are you gonna do in Winnipeg during the winter? it's like 60 below on a GOOD day there.
@idealhandmades

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1416 on: July 23, 2012, 04:37:44 PM »
I think it'll be similar to the NBA last year, shortned season, probably 60-65 games instead of 82.

They can't afford to have another lockout. And neither could my mental well being

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #1417 on: July 23, 2012, 11:05:30 PM »
i just read that rick nash went to the rangers, they gave up quite a bit for him and his cap hit will be big and maybe not woth it when he gets older but with richards, gaborik and nash the rangers will be the team in the east to beat,thats saying alot w the flyers and penguins being in the mix.i am glad i am a blues fan and we play them once maybe twice a year

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1418 on: July 24, 2012, 05:28:40 AM »
Being a Leaf fan and all, you really have no idea how I tired I am of hearing about the Kessel trade. Leafs got a sniper who can pot 30+ every year (would have hit 40 if Lupul didn't get injured) and they would have been worse off with Seguin and Hamilton. Burke still had two first round picks in 2011, got one for Versteeg and one for Kaberle. Anyhow, McClement was a much needed signing and the JVR trade was a good one, maybe that Nash finally got moved more moves can start happening.

thugnificent

« Reply #1419 on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:54 AM »
this talk of a shortened or cancelled season best be a joke, i just copped center ice

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1420 on: July 24, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »
Expand Quote
this talk of a shortened or cancelled season best be a joke, i just copped center ice
[close]

Whooo, that would be a rough hit.  Can you get a refund if this nonsense happens?

I'm sure they'll refund part of it or give you some package for the next season. That would be fucked.

Expand Quote
[close]
Being a Leaf fan and all, you really have no idea how I tired I am of hearing about the Kessel trade. Leafs got a sniper who can pot 30+ every year (would have hit 40 if Lupul didn't get injured) and they would have been worse off with Seguin and Hamilton. Burke still had two first round picks in 2011, got one for Versteeg and one for Kaberle. Anyhow, McClement was a much needed signing and the JVR trade was a good one, maybe that Nash finally got moved more moves can start happening.

I think Kessel gets too much hate because of that trade. He seems like a classy guy, evidence by that All Star draft. A seriously awkward situation and he comes back and rips it up.

However, I disagree. I think Seguin is better player than Kessel and will continue to get better.

I am feeling the JVR trade for you guys, if he can stay healthy. Schenn was not what Leafs fans hyped him to be, he's a 3-4 defenceman but maybe he'll be sick in Philly

Nick..

« Reply #1421 on: July 24, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »
Schenn has great character and all much like Armstrong did, but they were both so expensive and just so shitty so they were shown the door. I'm very happy the Leafs they got Jay McClement. They definitely miss Tim Brent, and this guy is the closest thing to him.

Bigger news......

The Nashville Predators announced Tuesday that they have matched the Philadelphia Flyers' 14-year, $110 million offer sheet for defenceman Shea Weber.

The Flyers signed Weber to the offer sheet - which includes $68 million in bonus money in the first six years - last week. In total, Weber will make $14 million in each of the first four years; $12 million in years five and six; $6 million in each of the next four seasons; $3 million in year 11; and $1 million in each of the remaining years.

"The decision to enter into the largest contract in franchise history was made by all parts of the organization, including ownership, hockey operations and business operations," read a team statement issued on Tuesday afternoon.

"As the organization analyzed the overall situation and worked toward a conclusion, the decision boiled down to three questions: Was Shea Weber the individual that this franchise wanted to lead our team, a team that would compete for the Stanley Cup every year, for the next 14 years? Would matching the offer sheet be in the best long-term interest of the team and organization? Would a decision not to match the offer sheet send a negative message to current Predators players and other NHL organizations, a message that the Predators would only go so far to protect its best players and be pushed around by teams with 'deep pockets?' The answer to each of the above questions is clearly yes."

The 26-year-old remained a restricted free agent after failing to come to an agreement with the Predators when his one-year, $7.5 million contract - awarded through arbitration - expired after the season.

The native of Sicamous, BC is coming off back-to-back first team NHL All-Star selections. He finished the 2011-12 season with 19 goals and 49 points. The captain of the Predators has spent seven seasons in Nashville, recording 99 goals and 263 points in 480 career NHL games.

The Predators, who had 104 points last season and finished fourth in the Western Conference, already lost free agent defenceman Ryan Suter to the Minnesota Wild this month.

Speculation was that Weber would have filled the void left by defenceman Chris Pronger, who has been battling concussion problems and could retire. The Flyers also lost defenceman Matt Carle via free agency. He signed a six-year, $33 million deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning.

More to follow.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1422 on: July 24, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »
Surprised but also relieved that Poile and Nashville matched. There would have been hell to pay had they not matched and Gillis let Weber just go to Philly.

thugnificent

« Reply #1423 on: July 24, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
i was really hoping he would go to philly, i cant see nashville being a serious contender again

dankradschwag

« Reply #1424 on: July 25, 2012, 06:02:27 AM »
NASH TO RANGERS!!! RANGERS WIN THE CUP!!!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1425 on: July 25, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »
columbus is a joke.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #1426 on: July 25, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »

Nick..

« Reply #1427 on: July 27, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »
Alex Semin signs in Carolina.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1428 on: July 27, 2012, 10:03:01 AM »
Im glad he didn't go to the KHL, I like watching his highlights, he has the best wrist shot in the league.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1429 on: July 27, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »
Expand Quote
columbus is a joke.
[close]

a bad one
As a fan of their ahl affiliate, Springfield falcons, I have to say this is true.. They do have Cam Atkinson though, it was awesome to see him play in Springfield for so long before he got his NHL call up.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1430 on: July 27, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
Tim Thomas just took Chik-fil-a's side on their whole anti-gay marriage plight in MA.
He never did know when to stay in the net.
Now I hope he doesn't come back. fucking tea party hate monger.
@idealhandmades

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #1431 on: July 27, 2012, 04:30:04 PM »
It was easy to like that guy while Louie was digging himself into a pit, but now I say fuck em....what a dummy.  He's acting like he's in Canada where people give two shits about hockey players and what they say.

I think Kessel is a better fit for the leafs...if they had seguin....they couldn't have brought him in the same way the Bruins did.

Now my favorite team is the coyotes... They have the perfect formula, retool with old guys, have fans that don't give a shit...

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1432 on: July 27, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »
Fuuuuck, New York is gonna straight MURK this year.  My home team (Jets) made a wise by adding Jolkinen, I think.  If I can attend just one playoff game next season I will be a happy man.
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1433 on: July 27, 2012, 06:47:04 PM »
Fuuuuck, New York is gonna straight MURK this year.  My home team (Jets) made a wise by adding Jolkinen, I think.  If I can attend just one playoff game next season I will be a happy man.

They made an even better decision today locking down Tobias Enstrom for 5 years

One of the top offensive defensemen in the game

Nick..

« Reply #1434 on: July 31, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
Shane Doan will go to whatever team who would give him $7.5 million per......... fuck that.

And Cristobal Huet and ALEXEI YASHIN want to make NHL comebacks. Huet can do it. Yashin? Get the fuck out of here...

raunchyrick

« Reply #1435 on: September 16, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »
So fellas whats your thoughts on the lockout? Suprised nobody has brought it up yet.

raunchyrick

« Reply #1436 on: September 16, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »
YA ITS LIKE... OBAMA Y U NO FIX NHL

thugnificent

« Reply #1437 on: September 16, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »
the players are idiots, they could have started negotiations way earlier. and they will lose more money by being in a lock out than if they had just accepted the leagues offer

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1438 on: September 16, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
The players would play under the existing cba, while negotiations are ongoing for a new one.the owners said no, and now have locked the players out.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #1439 on: September 17, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »
I don't really follow hockey, but it always bums me out when rich people complain about not making enough money.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.