Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224395 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2580 on: October 03, 2018, 11:40:47 AM »
Also fuck nylander for being a bitch. Your good kid but earn your stripes

I've had this feeling since lindros refusing Quebec. If you refuse to play or have crazy contract ideas, the league should collectively ban you.

Its fuckin hockey. A game. If you make millions per year shut the fuck up and play. The money will increase later

Spoiled fuckin brat
Gentleman ninja warlock

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #2581 on: October 03, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »

I'm down for a slap league
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Mongoloid

« Reply #2582 on: October 03, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »
20 game suspension for Wilson. Goddamn the league was not playing around with this one!

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2583 on: October 03, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
good. i imagine he appeals and still gets 15. maybe now he actually learns something. the dpos video was brutal.

way to fuck my team buddy

Mongoloid

« Reply #2584 on: October 03, 2018, 01:24:11 PM »
good. i imagine he appeals and still gets 15. maybe now he actually learns something. the dpos video was brutal.

way to fuck my team buddy

Thing is, he's such an effective player. Kinda like a Lucic-lite when Lucic was actually good.

If he played physical within the rules he has potential to be one of the better power forwards in the league.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2585 on: October 03, 2018, 02:02:45 PM »
yeah thats what i mean by him fucking us over already. our first line winger and power play guy is missing a quarter of the season.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2586 on: October 03, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
God bless the DOPS. Finally.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2587 on: October 03, 2018, 02:24:27 PM »
Expand Quote
as a caps season ticket holder im so stoked that the pressure is gone and i can just enjoy a damn season.
[close]

Sorry bro, but I hope Tom Wilson is suspended for tonight's game. Don't need any of my guys getting injured in the season opener.

Hell yeah Bruins is my team too, stoked for this season. Also fuck Tom Wilson.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2588 on: October 03, 2018, 06:58:01 PM »
Wilson who?

Mongoloid

« Reply #2589 on: October 03, 2018, 07:03:18 PM »
Dude, Caps playing like the champs.

Kuznetsov is god tier.

Bruins have 0 synergy.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2590 on: October 03, 2018, 07:17:57 PM »
The bruins look terrible though. It’s not just the caps dominating. Boston can’t get out of their own way.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

« Reply #2591 on: October 03, 2018, 09:29:18 PM »

I fuckin hate Marchand. But Damm can he throw em

He's also the guy who goes over board on someone he knows he can take advantage of. So maybe he s jus a fuck in rat

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2592 on: October 03, 2018, 09:39:33 PM »
real classy going after a guy that had never fought before. kind of fitting for him to do something like that in a game that featured tom wilson serving his first game of his suspension.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2593 on: October 03, 2018, 10:42:47 PM »
That shit was gutless, fuck Marchand

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2594 on: October 03, 2018, 10:49:52 PM »
That shit was gutless, fuck Marchand

That's Marchand for you. Hes the modern day Steve avery.

Gentleman ninja warlock

Mongoloid

« Reply #2595 on: October 04, 2018, 07:25:31 AM »
The bruins look terrible though. It’s not just the caps dominating. Boston can’t get out of their own way.

Awful, honestly the worst performance I’ve seen from them since two seasons ago when they were horrific.

The Marchand thing I have zero issues with. It was a blowout game, and Eller was doing his celly skating in front of the Bruins bench. Plus there’s a lot of bad blood from Eller’s Montreal days.

Also, Marchand is a tough little guy. I always loved this fight against supposed sexual predator Mike Ribiero

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2596 on: October 04, 2018, 07:44:09 AM »
I'm just anti fighting and like you mentioned earlier it was Marchand so of course I would get bent over it. It was definitely a very traditional reason for fighting.

Everything I see a fight I think about broken hands and concussions. I remember a few years back downie was just traded back to the flyers and in his first game he picked a fight with a dude on the caps and got smashed right in the face and left with a concussion. So not worth it.

Mongoloid

« Reply #2597 on: October 04, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »
That’s a concern of mine being that it was Marchand that took exception. He’s an elite player, and I’d rather he not bust his hand in a blow out game. Send a message sure, I just don’t know if one of our star players fighting a lesser player is worth it.

Not saying Eller isn’t a good depth player, but they’re not on equal skill levels.

I’m mixed in fighting. I never wanna see it fully leave the game, as I think it does serve a purpose. I just don’t like staged fights, or goons anymore. I also really don’t wanna see another Paros headsmack incident, or a player’s career end.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2598 on: October 04, 2018, 09:08:39 AM »
Fighting has its place, but I think there's a time for it (dirty plays/rivalries/etc.) I don't condone jumping a guy for saying some shit you don't like.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2599 on: October 04, 2018, 09:36:05 AM »
I didn't watch how that fight started, but I'm going to blindly assume it wasn't warranted because of who was in it. I guess Brad has a concussion coming his way whenever Wilson comes back.

reptar_bar

« Reply #2600 on: October 04, 2018, 02:54:09 PM »
If Eller is gonna pull that shit on a team like Boston when your up 7-0 don't act surprised when somebody tries to fight you, figured he has been in the NHL long enough to know that. I hope Marchand doesn't get suspended for this, he did start the fight like a maniac but in all fairness they did have about 5 seconds of just squaring each other up before the real damage was done by Marchand. Would be different if the dude actually didn't try to fight back whatsoever.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2601 on: October 04, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
boston should probably just try to score and not give up 7 goals instead of fighting someone for celebrating. i guess when you havent beat a team since 2014 and get creamed on opening night thats whats going to happen.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

« Reply #2602 on: October 04, 2018, 05:33:54 PM »
Eller mocked the bench....thats fickin no no. ..kook style..you don't come skate by the other bench after you score a goal and gloat at 7 nothing , I would probably get off the bench and tell him too. Even of he's ony team I'd be like, " come on guy".

Idk what Eller ever did to him to Montreal but fitting that the rat would do this when the goon wasn't playing....I really wish after the Wilson suspension is over they would play Boston. That'd be a great fight cuz I have both, hopefully they knock each other out at same time.

Someone else should've done that shit but that's hockey ego. " Gotta do it for the team". Fighting does belong just like it does in life. The tough can over the weak. Get stronger or get smarter.

The worst isn't even fighting. Homie nopes said  he don't to watch someone get hurt ,me either. I was at a preds pens game where Tanner Glass fought Eric Nystrom and Eric Nystrom laid Tanner Glass out on the , ice cold, bloody eye , everything. That s*** was not really that fun to watch in person. Never been to UFC but really dig mixed martial arts, one of my good friends is a trainer at 10th planet in Ann Arbor but I don't know, that s*** was brutal.  ...but fighting is where the least amount of concussions would take place. Even though the code is a joke, there's not much of a code when it comes to open Ice hitting. And that whiplash effect is worse than a punch to the face for sure. You agree, usually, to fight. Two people. When Jake vorachek is gathering the puck in his own zone with his head down, and he gets kronwalled , that's worse injury than a fight I'd bet. Hockey is a tough one to grasp. At least NHL hockey.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:35:50 PM by Switch_fsflip_noseslide »

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2603 on: October 04, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
ive really grown to appreciate international play a lot more where physicality isnt nearly as much a thing.

Mongoloid

« Reply #2604 on: October 04, 2018, 06:03:37 PM »
Brad Marchand with a 3 point night heading into the 3rd.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2605 on: October 04, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
i hate Mike Sullivan so much

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2606 on: October 04, 2018, 06:55:58 PM »
pens - caps was nuts

reptar_bar

« Reply #2607 on: October 04, 2018, 08:39:54 PM »
4 Assists from Marchy. Chara, Pasta, Donato, and Berg all got goals. 32 save shutout or Halak. Good night for the B's. Fuck last night

Mongoloid

« Reply #2608 on: October 04, 2018, 08:50:41 PM »
I really loved Khudobin in both stints with Boston, but damn Halak is a beauty if this is what we're gonna get from the guy.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

« Reply #2609 on: October 05, 2018, 07:56:39 AM »
Crosby and the cheif are the same person.