Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224342 times)

FROTHY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2610 on: October 05, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »
pens - caps was nuts

Great entertainment, but not very well-played.

And I don't know how you could hate Sullivan that much. I'm biased bc I like the pens and met him in real life. I see that he gets in the refs' ears a lot, but rightfully so. I listened to the first 2 periods of caps-pens on the radio so maybe I missed something but I saw when he was pissed off about the non high stick call. The call on the ice was an emphatic "no goal", then the refs huddle and announce "The call on the ice stands; we have a good goal!". It was correct in the end but completely bent the rules of how that's supposed to go.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2611 on: October 05, 2018, 09:34:56 AM »
he just comes off like such a prick in press conferences. he has that typical coaches condescension towards the media thats been all the rage the last decade or so. it just annoys the shit out of me. 

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2612 on: October 05, 2018, 10:10:31 AM »
I see. I guess he has a rep for being a drill sargent. That reminds me, I should watch some Tortorella press conferences.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2613 on: October 05, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »
Fuck Marchand all day....suddenly he gives a shit about 'the code' when it's Lars Eller....he'd normally rather kiss a guy than fight em.....

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2614 on: October 05, 2018, 08:32:40 PM »
i had been waiting my entire life for a team i support to win something and now that the caps have im just like ...........

i cant bring myself to half care about the league all of the sudden. hopefully that changes as the season progresses.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2615 on: October 06, 2018, 09:06:48 AM »
Fuck Marchand all day....suddenly he gives a shit about 'the code' when it's Lars Eller....he'd normally rather kiss a guy than fight em.....

Marchand is    E L I T E
                        L
                        I
                        T
                        E

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2616 on: October 06, 2018, 11:22:31 AM »
i had been waiting my entire life for a team i support to win something and now that the caps have im just like ...........

i cant bring myself to half care about the league all of the sudden. hopefully that changes as the season progresses.

Hockey is the best. Get psyched. Go skate on a pond this winter and get the soul back

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2617 on: October 06, 2018, 12:52:51 PM »

follow the sharks/preds maybe, they dont rival the caps, are super fun to watch, and both cup contenders. might suck depending on your time zone though.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2618 on: November 06, 2018, 08:44:49 AM »
Hawks management must not want to field a competitive team anymore. No clue why they'd fire Quenneville when they're only .500 a month into the season. The only reason I can think of is the bad blood between Stan Bowman and Q. He's really just the fall guy for the all the shitty decisions Bowman's made over the years, and Q was one hell of a coach to keep working around them and still field what was one of the absolute best teams in the league until last season.

I'm a Wild fan though, so it just makes the Central Division easier for us.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #2619 on: November 06, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »
You hit exactly why Q was fired. It’s Bowman covering himself after making a bunch of terrible trades and decisions these past few years.

That said, Q is known for being loyal and stubborn, hence his hesitancy around moving away from people he knows even if they’re not keeping up as much any more (although he’s been forced to do better lately and will incorporate you people he likes).

Reading a few articles about him being let go this morning, someone mentioned that the Hawks and Q spoke about it and I got the impression he wasn’t too broken up over it and it was more mutual than a lot of pieces are makin it seem. He’s got his Cups, can go wherever he wants basically, and no longer has to butt heads with Bowman so I doubt he’s upset.

As a Hawks fan, it’ll be weird not seeing him on the bench and it will be nerve wracking to see what happens to the Hawks after this.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2620 on: November 06, 2018, 10:20:43 AM »
Yeah, the guy was definitely stubborn, his one fault was that he was probably a bit too loyal to the older guys on the team. If he wants to keep coaching, he'll be unemployed for a month max. I'm sure he's bummed but also relieved to not have to deal with losing great players like Panarin and Darling or having to force guys who probably should be in an AHL second or third-line role into an NHL second and third-line role. Not to mention aside from Seabrook and Keith, the blue line was really becoming a revolving door of mediocrity. It's honestly amazing how long he was able to keep up the facade that the Hawks were a complete team when they really only had a handful of players who were producing consistently, especially after all the cap issues that came in the years after the second cup.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2621 on: November 07, 2018, 05:35:52 PM »
I'm sure he'll take a bit of a break but he would have fit in LA nicely.  bowman is stuck with his core and Toews and Kane are having a good season so I bet he figured now is the time and they might have a winning season.  I'm sure he must have checked with the key players....

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2622 on: November 07, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »
Guess I'm the lowly leafs fan?
Gentleman ninja warlock

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2623 on: November 20, 2018, 10:01:15 PM »
I was thinking it was some sort of honorary nite or something but nope.....Edmonton hired Hitch.... It guarantees Cherelli will be fired and they may improve.....but it ends bad....

Kumiko

« Reply #2624 on: April 06, 2019, 11:01:59 AM »
Who y'all got for the playoffs? I'm going for Hurricanes because I love Justin Williams from his time with the Kings.

Compl(i)ements

« Reply #2625 on: April 06, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »
Just saw this thread, obligatory FUCK KERRY FRAISER for costing Montreal the cup when Gretzky obviously high sticked Gilmour. Fucker go fix your perm. Still hate that dude. The league was so rigged for 99 to win.

Compl(i)ements

« Reply #2626 on: April 06, 2019, 11:34:48 AM »
Naw I'm a leafs fan but only by birth. Habs fan by heart. This is the 20th straight "rebuilding" year for us leafs fans. I still wait for the excitement of a round two playoffs L I think I've had three in my lifetime. At least it's playoff hockey though, this year's really gonna be the year just you wait.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:38:15 AM by Compl(i)ements »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2627 on: April 06, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Naw I'm a leafs fan but only by birth. Habs fan by heart. This is the 20th straight "rebuilding" year for us leafs fans. I still wait for the excitement of a round two playoffs L I think I've had three in my lifetime. At least it's playoff hockey though, this year's really gonna be the year just you wait.

Lol so true.

Crazy thing is I didnt really get to watch many games this season which was a total bummer.

But yes! Playoff hockey here we come!

And I called it way back, mitch marner's is easily our best player. Reminds me of a young stevie yzerman. Hes got a VERY well rounded game
Gentleman ninja warlock

wiggitywiggity

• Rep: 25
  • You Don't Gnome Me Man!
« Reply #2628 on: April 06, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »
I’m a Flyers fan, so needless to say it’s been painful this year. Excited for some of these first round matchups, some serious heat.

The west seems up for grabs and the East is Tampa’s to lose. What potential upsets do you guys think might happen??

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2629 on: April 06, 2019, 05:18:27 PM »
I'll make the prediction which hopefull turns into a jinx....Boston coming out of the East...

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #2630 on: April 06, 2019, 05:42:32 PM »
Im looking forward to Seattle getting a team. Hockey is probably my favorite sport to watch but up until now I havent had the time/ability to follow.

wiggitywiggity

• Rep: 25
  • You Don't Gnome Me Man!
« Reply #2631 on: April 07, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »
Goddamnit, looking like the Panthers are gunna land Quenneville  :-\

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2632 on: April 07, 2019, 07:23:25 PM »
Yep. Don’t blame them - they’re on the cusp of the playoffs and there’s no other coach that’s free right now that’s more capable of pushing them over the edge.

Plus, they’ve been making a big push to get Panarin and Q was his first coach in the US so I think they’re hoping that they can use him as a selling point.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2633 on: April 07, 2019, 08:04:24 PM »
Yep. Don’t blame them - they’re on the cusp of the playoffs and there’s no other coach that’s free right now that’s more capable of pushing them over the edge.

Plus, they’ve been making a big push to get Panarin and Q was his first coach in the US so I think they’re hoping that they can use him as a selling point.
Panarin wants to live in South Florida so, it shouldn't be hard. Especially with the lack of state taxes.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2634 on: April 07, 2019, 11:26:19 PM »
Biz? 

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2635 on: April 08, 2019, 07:08:41 AM »
Lol fuck. Of course we play Boston in the first round.

I fuckin hate Boston

Anyhow, at this point who's gonna take down this years giant, tampa bay???

Also, q is officially hired
Gentleman ninja warlock

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #2636 on: April 09, 2019, 07:13:49 AM »

I fuckin hate Boston

Betting on a first round upset against Columbus.

Boston will absolutely wreck the Leafs' young stars, and Washington goes on to win the cup again. Although I'm rooting for Carolina and could see Caps fucking up against them

West is hard to think about, could maybe see Dallas taking it all the way to the finals

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2637 on: April 09, 2019, 09:18:48 AM »

I fuckin hate Boston

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2638 on: April 09, 2019, 09:21:53 AM »
Expand Quote

I fuckin hate Boston

[close]

Betting on a first round upset against Columbus.

Boston will absolutely wreck the Leafs' young stars, and Washington goes on to win the cup again. Although I'm rooting for Carolina and could see Caps fucking up against them

West is hard to think about, could maybe see Dallas taking it all the way to the finals

I’d love to see Columbus, Carolina, Nashville, or some other dark horse win. As long as it’s not the Penguins or Blues, I’m good.

Kumiko

« Reply #2639 on: April 09, 2019, 09:29:10 AM »
Draft lottery is tonight. I'm hoping Kings get the 2nd pick since it's hard to decide whether Kakko or Hughes is the true #1 pick. It's bonkers that Colorado is in a situation to win the cup and the draft lottery in the same season. I think Blues are going to saw through the west though.