Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224199 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1577
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Pool?
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2008, 08:10:22 AM »
canucks score 6 goals?  bizzaro nhl....

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2008, 08:52:43 AM »
rangers home opener tonight! uncles got season tickets but my pops is most likely goin. theyre coming off a HUGE preseason/first two games of season so the crowd should be rowdy. looking forward to coming home from work, drink a few tall boys and watching the game.

wtf? flyers lost to their farm team? yikes

as far as my team goes.. not as bad as i thought it was gonna be considering i missed the draft. got gaborik, hossa, jokinen and a few others. well see how it turns out

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2008, 10:19:45 PM »
so i benched alfredsson....good move yes? 

frisco

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2008, 11:24:23 PM »
so i benched alfredsson....good move yes? 

hes injured for 2 weeks, bummer

Battle

• Rep: 12
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »
what does util and BN mean? i know IR is injured reserve but i dont know what the others mean.

frisco

« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »
what does util and BN mean? i know IR is injured reserve but i dont know what the others mean.

Util means Utility, you can use any forward or defense man to fill that slot, BN means bench, so make sure you switch your players who are playing from BN to their appropriate slots

some nights you wont be able to play all of your players like tonight, when there is lots of games so its a decision in who you think will do well

when a player is on BN you get NO points for that player

sebastian toombs

« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »
so...   bieksa is broken again, as usual.

unlike jsoy, i have no particular gripe with the flames.  however, i hate their game presentation...   lame music selection, bad timing.  waaaay too extreme

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2008, 08:11:23 PM »
so... I'm definitely going to set a league record for least points in the season. I barely get around to watching a game, let alone knowing what's up with different players and then updating my roster.

baxty

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »
Well my dad couldn't pay for all the tickets but so we dropped all the Kings Ducks games at the Staples Center(where the kings play) atleast it was only the kings.

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2008, 08:47:19 PM »
got hammered tonight with some friends and watched the canadiens game. soo good, i cant stand the leafs.

baxty

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2008, 08:52:18 PM »
got hammered tonight with some friends and watched the canadiens game. soo good, i cant stand the leafs.
saw the beginning of it and it looked pretty good.

OldDirtyBastardChild

• Rep: 9
  • Im The ODB And I Cant See
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2008, 09:07:13 PM »

BAN

but in all seriousness that was a great game. but my leafs just aint a good team. i cant front though i didnt expect them to win

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2008, 09:08:50 PM »
so...   bieksa is broken again, as usual.

unlike jsoy, i have no particular gripe with the flames.  however, i hate their game presentation...   lame music selection, bad timing.  waaaay too extreme

I don't really know why but they do everything wrong until the playoffs and then then everything gets better, the music especially.

And speaking of the Canucks-Flames game right now is pretty ridiculous. Lot of goals in the second.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2008, 10:03:49 PM »
that was a pretty good game!   glad it was on tv...    some questionable non-calls in the last 5 or 6 minutes, ha!

and i should clarify:  the saddledome looks great.  way better than gm, where no one ever bothers with the little details that can make a lot of difference.  but i really didnt like the opening ceremony and the in-house announcing, which sounded even more like a monster truck show than most other arenas do...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 10:06:57 PM by sebastian toombs »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2008, 11:18:52 PM »
Whoever that cock was that had that awful dive after Phaneuf pushed him needs a firm punch in the mouth. Shameful.
I've never been inside GM Place but from the outside it's seriously the drabbest looking building I've ever seen. But I can certainly agree with the wackness of the Flames' opening ceremonies. They're always set to awful songs (when the fuck has U2 ever pumped anyone up for sports) and sometimes laughably melodramatic.
Sometimes I wonder what hockey would be like if it was more like soccer and the fans had to generate the atmosphere instead of just blaring crappy rock music at every opportunity and telling you when to cheer.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2008, 11:43:36 PM »
phaneuf? by the pissing and moaning after the call...it was clearly bertuzzi.....

frisco

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2008, 02:31:36 AM »
phaneuf? by the pissing and moaning after the call...it was clearly bertuzzi.....

yea the "hit" was on ryan johnson, if it was agaisnt us id be pissed cause he sold it hard

i was in the middle of downtown watching the game from outside of a bar and screamed in the middle of the street when we scored in o.t

i was super bummed no one else cheered

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
Sometimes I wonder what hockey would be like if it was more like soccer and the fans had to generate the atmosphere instead of just blaring crappy rock music at every opportunity and telling you when to cheer.

yea dude, that would be so sick. the pre season game the rangers played in switzerland looked so fun. everyone was constantly chanting and cheering

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2008, 03:26:53 PM »
i brought one of my irish friends to a canucks game.....during the 'go canucks go' chant he was like...'we have a song for every player on the team....the best you have is 'go canucks go?'

sebastian toombs

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2008, 04:15:55 PM »
na na na nah, na na na nah, hey ay ay, goodbyyyyyye...    seriously, im sure i lost 20 IQ points working there

frisco

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2008, 07:55:08 PM »
i apporved that trade

i geuss it was between bombay and "god was one of us"?

who is that?

that trade was a little lop sided but dubinskys killing it and backstrom plays with ovechkin

baxty

« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2008, 08:14:33 PM »
i apporved that trade

i geuss it was between bombay and "god was one of us"?

who is that?

that trade was a little lop sided but dubinskys killing it and backstrom plays with ovechkin
im if god was one of us, from this song vvv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epow4VXhnW0

pretty rad huh.

Pretty bummed about the canucks tonight.

baxty

« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »
Just found out Teemu Salanne lives in the town next to mine, my dad says he goes to Finland in the off season but he's seen him around a few times.

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2008, 12:08:08 PM »
i'm bummed that my avs lost another game. we kept coming back, but goaltending is seriously going to be to death of them this year.

also, i know there are some leafs fans, but honestly, whats the deal with hollweg? that checking from behind shit two games in a row? uncalled for.

frisco

« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2008, 06:56:08 AM »
i'm bummed that my avs lost another game. we kept coming back, but goaltending is seriously going to be to death of them this year.

also, i know there are some leafs fans, but honestly, whats the deal with hollweg? that checking from behind shit two games in a row? uncalled for.

budaj and raycroft combo just wont cut it

hollwegs a piece of shit

someone will die or be paralyzed from a hit or stick within 2 years, garaunteed, not by him though

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2008, 07:43:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

budaj and raycroft combo just wont cut it

hollwegs a piece of shit

someone will die or be paralyzed from a hit or stick within 2 years, garaunteed, not by him though

yea he wasnt really liked when he was a ranger for these exact things. he can hit but hes also excessive and dumb sometimes

frisco

« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »
i cant believe you dropped gaborik dude, i still cant believe it

do you really think aaron voros? is that his name, will get more points than gabby

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2008, 01:23:19 PM »
hah yea dumb move on my part. shouldve dropped hossa instead. i donno though, voros on the same line as zherdev and dubi has been looking pretty good so well see. and its fun when you have guys who are on the same team that you follow on your fantasy team.

nevertheless, yes, im an idiot

frisco

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2008, 10:32:24 PM »
hah yea dumb move on my part. shouldve dropped hossa instead. i donno though, voros on the same line as zherdev and dubi has been looking pretty good so well see. and its fun when you have guys who are on the same team that you follow on your fantasy team.

nevertheless, yes, im an idiot

no its definately a good line, im just suprised you didnt have anyone else on your team you could have dropped instead, i would have been MORE shocked with a hossa drop for a 2nd line checking center on a hot streak

nevertheless, your beating me in the pool so i cant pass any judgement until i pass you think weekend which i will   ;D

on a seperate note though .

BURROWS, fuck he did it again.

Ill predict now that when the canucks DO make the playoffs it will be because of our third line checking forwards

Im scared at the thought of re-signing Kesler long term, apparently every team wants him right now

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »
probably why they gave him the A...and why they gave captain lou the C.....we want to keep them....

that goal burrows got....if that was naslund last year, he would have peeled off into the corner...not gone to the net....my point total of 'really..how many goals do you expect burrows to get??" is slowly going up....I think I now have him conservatively pegged at 21....

gaborik's a good pick up with this sort of pool cause you can insert him in and out....it's his final year and I think minni's going to sack the coach and sign him long  term or he's gone....mid season....