Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224119 times)

idealhandmades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1170 on: February 24, 2012, 08:35:41 AM »
Caps are fucking blowing it.  I wanna blame Dale Hunter....

oh, yeah, cause porky pig was so much better for them...

@idealhandmades

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1171 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:14 AM »

Well you shouldn't, you should blame Ovechkin and Semin

Unlucky that Backstrom has been injured this long, hes one my favourite Caps

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1172 on: February 24, 2012, 11:21:20 AM »
just wanna give a big FUCK YOU to 89-90 pistons and any other detroit losers, oh yea also u guys should SUCK IT!!

Why?

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #1173 on: February 24, 2012, 12:54:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I know I shouldn't, but I want to.  I was cautiously psyched.  And yes, Ovie's had his worst year and Semin's not playing up to par.  I'd love more responsibility given to Laich and hopefully Backstrom heals up (he's one of my faves too.)

Hamrlik hasn't been paying off either.
team have a short window of oportunity to win the cup...i would say around 4 season. the caps and shark times are done.
tricks are for kids , style is forever

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1174 on: February 24, 2012, 01:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I know I shouldn't, but I want to.  I was cautiously psyched.  And yes, Ovie's had his worst year and Semin's not playing up to par.  I'd love more responsibility given to Laich and hopefully Backstrom heals up (he's one of my faves too.)

Hamrlik hasn't been paying off either.

Fuck forgot how bad Laichs been, all the caps of the caps have been playing like shit with the exception of Perrault and Johanssen, Chimera had a good start but that dried up pretty quick

I wouldnt go as far as to say the Caps time to win the cup are done, they are no where near as old as the Sharks, they need Green and Backstrom to be back 100% and need some goaltending from Vokoun or Neuvirth or Holtby or whoever the hell starts now

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1175 on: February 24, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »
Jets are at the top of their division, holding onto a playoff spot.   albeit... the lowest scoring division. (SE)  but stoked nonetheless.  BIG win last night
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #1176 on: February 24, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
Jets are at the top of their division, holding onto a playoff spot.   albeit... the lowest scoring division. (SE)  but stoked nonetheless.  BIG win last night
jets in playoff? yes please.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1177 on: February 24, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »
The Leafs are blowing it, it's really sad to watch. Wilson needs to be gone, Francois Allaire needs to be gone, and Burke should be busy soon, we need a goalie and a defensemen and a number 1 centre.  And I hope they don't trade Grabovski, but if they do, they better get something good because teams are just getting robbed so far.

In trade news:

New Jersey gets Marek Zidlicky for Kurtis Foster, Nick Palmieri, Stephane Veilleux, a second round pick in 2012 and a conditional third round draft pick in 2013 go to Minnesota. Holy overpayment.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1178 on: February 24, 2012, 07:09:50 PM »
Wow that is an overpayment, I thought it was just Foster for Marek straight up, he can pot some goals but it having a shitty season with Minnesota this year

Leaf fans seem entitled to trading for any player in the league for a combination of Schenn and Kadri. I think Burke could have gotten JVR, if he had traded earlier before Philly stocked up on D, I know JVR's not a centre. Throw Grabovski on the top line, its not like Kulemin Mcaarthur and him are having a sick year or anything, last year yes, this year they suck. They have enough good D, Liles is good and Gardiner will be very good in 3-4 years.

They will finish 9th again

thugnificent

« Reply #1179 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

look at the ducks now. he was never the problem

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1180 on: February 24, 2012, 11:29:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

look at the ducks now. he was never the problem

Well he wasn't exactly the solution either. after seeing that 24/7 last year, I could believe how un-inspiring he came off as a coach. Granted he was dealing with some lazy players, but to me, it didn't seem like he was gonna be the guy to get them to turn it around they way they should be able to. He's a better fit for the ducks, because they don't need the same kind of coach that the Caps do at this point. They (caps) need someone who's gonna throw a chair at Semin's locker and try to get that team actually excited to play hockey. And if the key players aren't going to respond, they need someone who's not going to be afraid to bench, or get rid of, the bad apples, no matter how big their contracts are or how many seats they fill.
Boudreau might be a good strategist, but that ain't worth dick without a well disciplined team.

Their problem is players, but thats sometimes fixable with the right coach...and while I don't think hunter is the right guy for that....neither was porky.
@idealhandmades

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #1181 on: February 25, 2012, 04:39:36 AM »

this is how it feels being a habs fan

penguin meat

« Reply #1182 on: February 25, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »
The incredible Malk unleashed his fury today against the bolts while I wore my new 90's era Penguins jersey.  Say hello to my new favorite sweater.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1183 on: February 25, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »
The incredible Malk unleashed his fury today against the bolts while I wore my new 90's era Penguins jersey.  Say hello to my new favorite sweater.

gotta say, even as a bruins fan, that was pretty awesome to watch.
@idealhandmades

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1184 on: February 25, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
Goal of the year.

Shades of

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1185 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
It's a good thing I cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs. They're a real winner of a hockey team with solid goaltending and will definitely make the playoffs this year, as they have nearly every year in the last decade.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #1186 on: February 26, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »
I hated the leafs for so long but prior to this year I started easing up on them...now that they have a couple players that are panning out, I"m going back to hating them....still don't hate 'em more than the two teams in Alberta....which I now hate equally....

Good to see the Leafs suck bad enough to miss the play offs and good enough to not get a decent draft pick....looking forward to see them plug the holes up with have nots.....how many canadian teams fall into this category....it's a vicious circle....

Not sure why I don't hate the Habs...

Nick..

« Reply #1187 on: February 26, 2012, 03:51:42 PM »
Expand Quote
It's a good thing I cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs. They're a real winner of a hockey team with solid goaltending and will definitely make the playoffs this year, as they have nearly every year in the last decade.
[close]

I loved watching the Caps just beat them.

;)
I sure did not. That fuckwad behind the Leafs bench needs to go, it shouldn't matter if Burke is friends with him or not. And trades better happen tomorrow, the deadline usually sucks though.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1188 on: February 26, 2012, 07:15:04 PM »
I hated the leafs for so long but prior to this year I started easing up on them...now that they have a couple players that are panning out, I"m going back to hating them....still don't hate 'em more than the two teams in Alberta....which I now hate equally....

Good to see the Leafs suck bad enough to miss the play offs and good enough to not get a decent draft pick....looking forward to see them plug the holes up with have nots.....how many canadian teams fall into this category....it's a vicious circle....

Not sure why I don't hate the Habs...

What's to hate about the Oilers? Horcoff's kind of a piece of shit but it's pretty hard to hate any of their young guns and everyone else is pretty anonymous. I'm also kind of surprised you don't hate the Habs, fuck every part of that team besides Subban and Price.

The Flames have been pissing me off, but that's nothing new. It's gotten to the point where I figure we've got a shot in close games, but any time we go 2-3 goals up I know they're bound to choke. I'm still hopeful we can snag 7th or 8th if we go on a good run, but then even if we make it we're just going to bomb out in the first round. It's really hard to get excited about this team, but at least the young nobodies we've been calling on have been doing the job.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:17:19 PM by Mooley »

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • 4Q
« Reply #1189 on: February 26, 2012, 07:45:44 PM »
Goal of the year.

Shades of
he deserve to be capitain

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1190 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
So my buddy just showed me his screener copy of that movie called Goon
and holy fuck, it was 20 times better than I thought it was gonna be.
Some really fucking funny moments in there, but also just an all around awesome movie. Instant classic I'd say.
I never thought I'd say that about a sean william scott movie
@idealhandmades

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1191 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
Leafs just traded Keith Aulie for Carter Ashton (Tampa Bay). Minor trade, but it's good they are stocking up on a forward.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

;)
[close]
I sure did not. That fuckwad behind the Leafs bench needs to go, it shouldn't matter if Burke is friends with him or not. And trades better happen tomorrow, the deadline usually sucks though.

I still have faith in Ron Wilson... I mean if they don't make the playoffs he should definatly be fired, but I'm giving him until then.

Our biggest problem is goaltending by far. In retrospective analysis they should have never traded Giguere. His numbers are great now as a backup and Riemer could have used some veteran influence instead of this mess of two #1 goalies (or two #2 goalies depending how you look at it)  between Gustavson and Riemer.

Riemer needs to prove his worth, last year he had no pressure on him since they were basically already out of the playoffs. This year they had a good chance and now they are blowing it and making me loose 20$ to my brother.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:13:09 AM by Choad Muskrat »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1192 on: February 27, 2012, 04:13:41 PM »
Well fuck.

See you later Cody

Hoping Kassian can pan out, although in the long run, bad deal
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:15:31 PM by frisco »

Nick..

« Reply #1193 on: February 27, 2012, 04:51:31 PM »
Leafs just traded Keith Aulie for Carter Ashton (Tampa Bay). Minor trade, but it's good they are stocking up on a forward.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

;)
[close]
[close]

I still have faith in Ron Wilson... I mean if they don't make the playoffs he should definatly be fired, but I'm giving him until then.

Our biggest problem is goaltending by far. In retrospective analysis they should have never traded Giguere. His numbers are great now as a backup and Riemer could have used some veteran influence instead of this mess of two #1 goalies (or two #2 goalies depending how you look at it)  between Gustavson and Riemer.

Riemer needs to prove his worth, last year he had no pressure on him since they were basically already out of the playoffs. This year they had a good chance and now they are blowing it and making me loose 20$ to my brother.

I agree, Burke definately made a mistake analyzing the goaltending situation. Hell, I wouldn't have even minded Khabibulin for the right price. I just think it's time for a fresh face behind that bench, Eakins has done a hell of a great job with the Marlies this season.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1194 on: February 27, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
Vancouvers top two centers aren't going anywhere, so I think the deal makes sense...It sucks seeing him go because at this point in time he's the best player in the deal, but getting pahlsson who's an experienced checker, I think the Canucks got better....

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1195 on: February 27, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »
stoked to see the sabres address a need, kassian has alot of potential.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1196 on: February 27, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »
I'm hopeful it will work out, but if kassian isn't good enough to play with the sabres, how is he good enough to play on the canucks? I dunno shit about him though. Still bummed from the shitty loss to dallas.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1197 on: February 27, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »
I've been saying for awhile the Canucks need a big crazy winger...I guess the scouting staff really liked those two players...I thought they could have waited until the off season to ditch him.  Pretty sur the Canucks hated Cody's camp from the get go.. It sounds dumb but I think coach V would way rather have Pahlson around than Cody.

The one I wanna see is what Vancouver does in the off season with our goalies...?  I'd be so stoked to see Nonis reenact the Louie deal in TO.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1198 on: February 28, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
I was in shock when I got the news. Im still very torn about it and I'm sure most fans will feel this way until we start to see some good play from Kassian. I agree jsoy Canucks have needed a big winger for the longest time, Backes was always on the radar, clearly hes not going anywhere.

The most painful thing about the trade is it was hard to not like this kid, everyone was so down on him after he was drafted, AV with those comments about him being "medically cleared" to play, even though he had a herniated disk in his back. He had a rough start here. When he came up, everyone wanted him to do well, and when he started playing well, I was so stoked. It wasnt that he was just a third line Center who happened to chip in some goals. He scored BIG goals. Boston game winner, Chicago tying goal, SJ.

I don't think a team has ever traded a Calder Candidate mid season. Hodgson will be a future captain in Buffalo if Meyers is not.

Im still pretty bummed on the trade but it makes a lot of sense. Kesler and Hank aren't going anywhere and Cody just didn't fit on the wing. Its just a lose lose situation this Kassian has so much pressure on him now with huge shoes to fill.

Just really really hoping Kassian doesnt turn out like Bernier. Highly touted, drafted in the top 20, both 6'3 both 220 lbs. Bernier started out with some scraps and hits but fell off so hard.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1199 on: February 28, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
kassian has lots of potential, he was lost in a sea of wingers in buffalo, and was called up due ot need and put into a situation he wasnot ready for yet
i think this is a very good trade for both parties
the sabres are a much better team than their record shows, but again, you are only as good as your record shows.