Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224088 times)

Nick..

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1200 on: February 28, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »
Vancouver got that big winger they needed, Sabres got a desperately needed centre. Vancouver also made a solid move on picking up Sami Pahlsson, guy`s such as fast and good shutdown centre.

Oh and Chris Tanev is my cousin. His parents came over just last week.

Nick..

« Reply #1201 on: February 28, 2012, 06:30:55 PM »
And one more thing...........

FIRE WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1202 on: February 28, 2012, 06:54:40 PM »
First cousins? Tanev is the shit, works so hard. Also so awkward its funny in interviews.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #1203 on: February 28, 2012, 10:50:23 PM »

FIRE WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could grab any coach out of the AHL and Im pretty sure theyd do better.....Wison sticking around is the best/worst thing since Gretzky and the Coyotes.....

Nick..

« Reply #1204 on: February 29, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You could grab any coach out of the AHL and Im pretty sure theyd do better.....Wison sticking around is the best/worst thing since Gretzky and the Coyotes.....
Dallas Eakins, The Marlies coach is doing great, the Marlies are one of the best teams in the AHL, there is also assistant coach Scott Gordon, and Burke's old buddy from Anaheim, Randy Carlyle. All would be better options then Wilson. They lost tonight due to Wilson's poor ass line matching. Lets put the Brown-Steckel-Armstrong line against the Kane line, good fucking idea.....

First cousins? Tanev is the shit, works so hard. Also so awkward its funny in interviews.
Third or fourth cousins, and his parents told me that as well. He's a quiet guy who doesn't really say much, and he's all hell of a player though. I'm getting a bunch of autographed stuff from him soon too.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1205 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »
There's space for him too....Salo will retire....hopefully Ballard will be gone...he's really the best up and coming d man we got...

No way the leafs should bring in Carlyle which is all the reason they will..

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1206 on: March 01, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
Yeah Tanev is fucking awesome. Sort of came out of nowhere last year. Everyone was hyped on Kevin Connaughton and Tanev sort of flew under the radar into our bottom pairing.

Ballards gone in the summer, Schneider too, which I'm very excited but also bummed about, were going to get some amazing stuff back for Cory

Nick..

« Reply #1207 on: March 01, 2012, 01:43:47 PM »
Please send Schneider to the Leafs, we need all the help we could get and Gustavsson is a UFA. However, I think Eddie Lack is ready, he's a great prospect and I've heard nothing but great things from him from Tanev's parents.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1208 on: March 01, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »
Outside of Kessel. The leafs dont really have any prospects I'd really want. Schenn and Kadri are so overrated by leaf fans. Colbourne (sp?) seems legit but I doubt Toronto would part with him. It would be a tough sell to pry anyone from Burke, even it it was for Schneider.

Schneider is going to Tampa. Stevie Y has 2 1st and something like 3 2nds stockpiled

You heard it hear first

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1209 on: March 01, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »
There's a bunch of rumours goin around that part of the reason hodgson was traded was because him and tanev were so tight and tanev's heavy coke use was spreading to cody and so his agent and family requested a trade to basically save his life.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1210 on: March 02, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »
Went to the game last night.....people seemed pretty stoked on Kassian....him playing w. Lapierre looked good.  First time in awhile where you saw more than one hit in a shift for a line.

Nick..

« Reply #1211 on: March 02, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
The Toronto Maple Leafs' slide out of a playoff position has cost head coach Ron Wilson his job. The club let Wilson go on Friday evening, and have replaced him with former Anaheim Ducks coach Randy Carlyle.

Thank god.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1212 on: March 02, 2012, 10:51:01 PM »
Wicked....instead of plummeting further they can now clinch 9th....

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1213 on: March 04, 2012, 04:10:18 AM »
Very stoked on Kassian after tonight, MAG not as much. The one benefit is Gragnani is still decently young and he has more upside than downside. He seems like he'll get caught up ice a lot though because of pinches. 

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1214 on: March 05, 2012, 05:29:19 AM »
can we at least acknowledge the sabres lighting up the canucks on saturday night, the yhave gone from last in the east 3 weeks ago to two points ou tof 8th.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1215 on: March 05, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »
That wasnt the sabres.....that was Bad Louie.....

thugnificent

« Reply #1216 on: March 05, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »
that might make sense if the canucks ended up winning, or coming close, but thats not the case

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1217 on: March 05, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »
They were 1 goal down with 2 minutes to go, I'd say thats coming close, especially after giving up 3 goals something like 7 minutes in.

I do credit the sabres though, their bums (Leino, Boyes) showed up for one game, usually though, thats not the case.

thugnificent

« Reply #1218 on: March 05, 2012, 11:04:36 AM »
coming close is going to a shoot out

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1219 on: March 05, 2012, 11:10:26 AM »
i was just really hyped that buffalo showed up on saturday night, the team was soo godo on paper to start the season and we have just had such a let down of a year, leno especially.

the canucks are obviously a pretty amazing and well rounded team, i am stoked tha tmy team had a godo game against them on the cbc.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1220 on: March 05, 2012, 07:50:07 PM »
that might make sense if the canucks ended up winning, or coming close, but thats not the case

Or if the sabres had a history of scoring goals and the Canucks goalie didn't have a history of letting in 3 goals at a time.....

Bad louie strikes again....good Louie lets one bad goal early on then fights back....bad Louie lets in 3 in the first five minutes.....

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1221 on: March 05, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »
I was nervous as fuck before the Jets game tonight. Last game in an eight-game home stand with about five teams in the running for eighth spot in the East. Buffalo's been on a bit of a tear as of late, but the boys pulled out the win! Big third period. Blake Wheeler is playing like a fucking All-Star.

*Edit
I was absolutely pumped to get a ticket to the Jets and Florida game last Thursday. It's the only game I'll see live all season and it was a 7-0 demolition. The crowd here is fucking crazy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:22:21 PM by brownjenkin »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1222 on: March 05, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
Im really pulling for the Jets to make the playoffs, Im thinking they will, the east is tough, playoff fringe teams are super close

Leafs clinch 9th, Jets and Caps make it. Don't really see the Islanders making the playoffs as sick as Tavares is
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:51:05 AM by frisco »

Nick..

« Reply #1223 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »
Leafs sign Grabovski to a 5 year, $27.5 million contract extension. I'm really happy, Grabovski is a hell of a player that the Leafs need, he takes the pressure off Lupul and Kessel, and the 3rd best player on the team. He loves the city, the team, and we are the place that gave him a chance to play and has been an amazing player for us. He's all heart, energetic, hard-working and smart. He would have made $6 million plus easily on the open market. I'm happy he's going to be back.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1224 on: March 06, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »
Leafs overpaid, I think its pretty unanimous amongst writers and fans.

That being said, I think Grabovskis one of the best players on the team, how he recovered from that Chara then scored later in the game is a testament to that

Zdeno Chara hits Mikhail Grabovski from behind Twice

But a serious overpayment, and he has a limited NTC, pretty sure this will bite them in the ass down the line, hes too streaky a player

Nick..

« Reply #1225 on: March 06, 2012, 04:57:14 PM »
Leafs overpaid, I think its pretty unanimous amongst writers and fans.

That being said, I think Grabovskis one of the best players on the team, how he recovered from that Chara then scored later in the game is a testament to that

Zdeno Chara hits Mikhail Grabovski from behind Twice

But a serious overpayment, and he has a limited NTC, pretty sure this will bite them in the ass down the line, hes too streaky a player
Overpayment? Sure, but 90% of the league is overpaid. The market has changed, thus why Kessel makes $5.4 million and Lupul $4.25 Grabovski is getting less than market value, and he's overpaid slightly, by about $500 000 or so, but Grabovski is the least of the Leafs concerns. it's what they are going to do with their other overpaid players (Connolly, Armstrong, Lombardi, and Komisarek), and what to do with their goaltending. At least Connolly and Armstrong have a year left, but no doubt in my mind Burke will move one of the four in the off season.

Grabovski would probably have been the best UFA centre available next to Olli Jokinen. This year's free agency period for centres is weak. Might as well overpay him by $500 000, or risk losing him and trying to fill that spot in. He's the best centre they got, you have to do what you have to do to keep him.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:59:13 PM by Nick.. »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1226 on: March 06, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
Yea he had the leafs up against the wall, they need him and he knows it. Still a terrible deal for the leafs. He now makes a million less than the sedin twins. Plus you can't justify a shitty contract with other shitty contracts. Otherwise you're just perpetuating that shit.

Nick..

« Reply #1227 on: March 06, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »
Yea he had the leafs up against the wall, they need him and he knows it. Still a terrible deal for the leafs. He now makes a million less than the sedin twins. Plus you can't justify a shitty contract with other shitty contracts. Otherwise you're just perpetuating that shit.
At least he scored tonight in a close game. You can't compared a recently signed contract to a contract signed years ago. The market has changed. The salary cap is going up year by years and player salaries are going up and they're demanding more. Grabovski got less than market value. I'm not trying to justify his contract with the four I mentioned, I mentioned that the Leafs have to be and are more concerned with those four than Grabovski. Why? because they are not that good, they're overpaid. Grabovski is overpaid by $500 000, it helps that the cap is going up and most of those four will be gone.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1228 on: March 28, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »
Playoffs

Whose down for a pool

Nick..

« Reply #1229 on: March 28, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
I'm down. Plus, I'm glad the Leafs have a chance to get a pick in the top 5 in this year's draft. Made up for fucking blowing it hard. Go Blues!