Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224102 times)

pile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Pool?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 09:12:44 AM »
my good friend gilbert brule got traded to edmonton a while ago, stoked to see him somewhere where he'll play well as opposed to columbus. he used to be an amazing skateboarder before the career took off.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 09:25:54 AM »
my good friend gilbert brule got traded to edmonton a while ago, stoked to see him somewhere where he'll play well as opposed to columbus. he used to be an amazing skateboarder before the career took off.

i hear brent sopel used to skate too...    uh, "skateboard", that is

frisco

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 10:11:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
T.O lost tonight. didnt start playing till like the 3rd period fuckers. and i think gonchar was injured before the game but not sure.

bahaha i heard on sports center i think it was someone was out cause there foot got stuck inbetween the gas peddle and the brake of a golf cart or somethibg along those lines. how does that happen
[close]

yea that was D eric johnson from the St Louis blues, now they're even more fucked than they were before.

Im so bummed the Canucks didnt sign anyone sufficient for scoring. Not to mention Edmonton and Calgary both got fucking stacked, well Edmonton did for sure, im so surprised we beat them twice
[close]

it's just preseason though....edmonton's powerplay is going to be nuts this year....i can't really see how the canucks will make the playoffs.....i'm secretly hoping they tank.....ownership  leaves....and we start all over.....

id almost be up for that as well, i hate this in limbo shit they had last year where they were just scraping by with 1 goal games, its sounds stupid but getting a super star forward for luongo would not be the worst move since schneider is apparently some wonder kid, but we definately need a revamp, i am SO glad we got rid of Naslund, and I hope he has a good season with the Rangers, I like him, he was just so done in vancouver though

sebastian toombs

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »
its going to be sweet playing against bertuzzi and the flames twice a week for the entire season...

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 10:23:36 AM »
My friend was the first round draft pick for the Blues. Probably not enough to make the Blues my favourite team, but it doesn't hurt. I want Ottawa to be good again, but things sort of fell apart last year. J-Spezz is still the man.

frisco

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:03 AM »
My friend was the first round draft pick for the Blues. Probably not enough to make the Blues my favourite team, but it doesn't hurt. I want Ottawa to be good again, but things sort of fell apart last year. J-Spezz is still the man.

hes going to have a really good season, last was probably his weakest, i know anyone who took him was very unstoked, i can still remember that amazing OT goal he scored agaisnt MTL when he deaked out 3 defenders and went backhand topshelf, that was amazing

I saw Milan Lucic downtown on granville, hes my age and i was super stoked to meet him
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lB5jYQSWuak

I also saw Ohlund and shook his hand, didnt want to get in his face because he was obviously getting mauled, he looked super coked out haha

OldDirtyBastardChild

• Rep: 9
  • Im The ODB And I Cant See
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »
im TheAssociates

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=250569

funny how the CTV bros are acting like they're heroes.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 06:43:46 PM »
its going to be sweet playing against bertuzzi and the flames twice a week for the entire season...

i hate the flames...always have.....the jerseys...the city....the stupid hard hats......i think iginla is great...phanuf....but it doesn't matter.... i can't stand the flames....they are the games that i always dread because i hate losing to them.....even when they were in the cup final.... i cheered for tampa.....

w. the canucks....i just see that everyone got better....maybe w. the shake up in the locker room guys will work harder, play the systems better and we'll go back to beating everyone 2-1.....but after watching detroit in the final last year...you see how fast their d was at moving the puck...and how the forwards could just hold onto it forever.....we look like an AHL team....

im a girl

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 06:57:25 PM »

Daniel

5. Posted at 16:17 BRCS 9.25.08

Dang but my furby edit is wayyy better

frisco

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i hate the flames...always have.....the jerseys...the city....the stupid hard hats......i think iginla is great...phanuf....but it doesn't matter.... i can't stand the flames....they are the games that i always dread because i hate losing to them.....even when they were in the cup final.... i cheered for tampa.....

w. the canucks....i just see that everyone got better....maybe w. the shake up in the locker room guys will work harder, play the systems better and we'll go back to beating everyone 2-1.....but after watching detroit in the final last year...you see how fast their d was at moving the puck...and how the forwards could just hold onto it forever.....we look like an AHL team....

thats the "slogan" that sportsnet is trying to run with, a gritty "tough" hard working team. I geuss with the addition of Hordichuck we did get tougher, rather than Cowan getting slugged around, the problem is, and always will be, the canucks cant score. After breaking up the west express line, the sedins had to become the first line which in a division as competititve as ours just cant fly, the addition of Demitra wont help our case much, im just waiting for him to get injured, however, all cynicism aside, I have really high hopes for Bernier, Raymond and Kesler, last season towards the end we started to see what Raymonds capable of, put him on the PP, bring up his confidence and he could be a great player.
bah, thats my canucks rant, i love them but i think they are more frustrating than any sports team i follow, actually jays let me down a lot too

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 08:10:42 AM »
fuck. its only preseason and im already yelling at my tv. very psyched for the new season though. any of you guys on the east coast? im assuming everyone here is from the west (or into western conference teams)?

frisco

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »
fuck. its only preseason and im already yelling at my tv. very psyched for the new season though. any of you guys on the east coast? im assuming everyone here is from the west (or into western conference teams)?

i like to follow Washington, Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh and Vancouver

sebastian toombs

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »
i only pay attention to the canucks...    and i guess edmonton and calgary too, given how the canucks play them 20 times each per season.     demitra has been almost a point-per-game man his whole career, ill be interested to see how he works out.   i hope to god that sundin retires, if the canucks get saddled with him theyll be fiscally fucked for years to come...

baxty

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 07:44:12 PM »
i only pay attention to the canucks...    and i guess edmonton and calgary too, given how the canucks play them 20 times each per season.     demitra has been almost a point-per-game man his whole career, ill be interested to see how he works out.   i hope to god that sundin retires, if the canucks get saddled with him theyll be fiscally fucked for years to come...
Im kinda in shock you spelled a word wrong, maybe its a totally different word and I might be really stupid.

frisco

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 07:45:53 PM »

i was really looking forward to him, all those doors are closed now, i hate how fucking dramatic they make the offseason, however, Sundin can make our team nothing but better, I honestly believe we would make the playoffs if he signed with us.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »
hm, should it be just one "L"?   i often use english spelling:  travelled, cheque, neighbour...

whats this shit i see on tsn where ohlund might not come back to the canucks?   the guy is still a top defenceman in the league...    like the bluth company: "solid as a rock"

baxty

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »
physically??

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 11:17:05 PM »
the game has gotten quicker and ohlund's slowed a bit....he's still a top two guy but i don't know for how much longer........he doesn't skate that well....doesn't move the puck that great either....but he's still solid defensively and can step in offensively at times....he always seems to get the OT winners.... i'd hate to see him go though....i'm pretty sure he's the longest standing canuck.....remember when we almost lost him to the leafs?

i think though he might want to take a crack at another team if something comes up.....i think gillis too might just let him go just cause he's still getting his act together....

frisco

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2008, 08:03:25 PM »
for drafting theres going to be a live online draft, i included the times at the beginning of the thread, however, we still need to order of the draft, its a snake draft for those who dont know it goes from 1-7 but then continues backwards so the last guy gets the 7th and 8th pick, meaning the first guy gets the 1st and 14th pick.

im going to wait a few more days before closing new teams because we have to figure out the draft order, like picking names from a hat or something

edit: i meant 1-7 because we have 7 teams

OldDirtyBastardChild

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 04:16:51 PM »
im not the most intelligent person ever. whats 7 pacific in central times. is that 6 or 8? or 5 or 9? im seriously dumb, its sad. no wonder i like the leafs

frisco

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 05:18:43 PM »
im not the most intelligent person ever. whats 7 pacific in central times. is that 6 or 8? or 5 or 9? im seriously dumb, its sad. no wonder i like the leafs

I believe its 2 hours difference so 7 Pacific is 9 Central and 10 Eastern

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »

i watched him absolutely rule it here in vancouver when he played on the giants....edmonton will be better for him....a more open game... not like what hitchcock was doing in columbus....

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2008, 09:07:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was really looking forward to him, all those doors are closed now, i hate how fucking dramatic they make the offseason, however, Sundin can make our team nothing but better, I honestly believe we would make the playoffs if he signed with us.

there were rumors of him coming to the rangers too, but given their cap space i dont think it was ever realistic. But, if he did sign with the rangers it'd make sense. we have a history of spending money on super stars who are past their prime

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2008, 01:52:49 PM »
Okay, my team is 'les nordiques redux'.  I might change the name.

Also, we have a strict no Rawbertson policy in this league, right?

frisco

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »
Okay, my team is 'les nordiques redux'.  I might change the name.

Also, we have a strict no Rawbertson policy in this league, right?

oh you got that right, im gonna lock the teams now

edit: PM me if you guys still want a team
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 03:15:26 PM by frisco »

frisco

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2008, 01:52:03 AM »
Luongo is captain

I called it this summer, I said either him or Ohlund, apparently he cant have the C cause hes a goalie, cant do ceremonial faceoffs, and cant talk to the refs to dispute calls Mitchels gonna do that, hes definately the leader of the team this just makes it formal

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »
has anyone been following any of the games in europe? the rangers beat some swiss team 8-1 yesterday and they play the league champs today. although that swiss team was definitely not on the same level as the rangers it was nice to see them scoring some goals and working together.

i know ottowa, pittsburgh, and tampa bay are playing out there, any other teams? its pretty fun to see games from out there, the fans are so into it, much like soccer.

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
montreal - detroit game last night was pretty sick. price batting the puck out of the air, so awesome.

OldDirtyBastardChild

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2008, 04:03:42 PM »
ugh cujo.. hopefully you play good tonight. at least luke is still playing before they send him back