Author Topic: Zeitgeist 2: Addendum  (Read 3995 times)

cliff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Zeitgeist 2: Addendum
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 08:31:11 AM »
i can't decide what position i'm on with this. either they're right and there's loads of people who find it too different to believe it's possible, or the people who made it just want to believe something that's so different thus (in their minds) must be possible.

i felt a little pressured when the whole either-you're-with-us-or-you're-not bit came up, ordering me to change my life, and it's something i feel i've been warned against my entire life. like joining a commune. but either they're crazy, or the higherups want us to think they are.

so- am i with it, against it, or indifferent to the situation?

to be honest, although i'd like to say i'm indifferent, i feel like im leaning towards them on some matters. especially when it comes to gas companies suppressing electric cars, and all the other such cases, because i've looked into those before, and it makes sense. however, they made nuclear energy look like a big cloud of evil, which it isn't exactly- it's just really expensive.

i really don't know. i think i'll let it settle for a while, and then see where i stand.

Expand Quote
The Venus project would suck balls.
[close]
see, now i think it would be really amazing. i doubt it will happen in our lifetime, but if it did, it would be rad. it makes a lot of sense to me.

Questioning this shit is the point of the movie IMO, to not take what is fed to you but find out what you think about why shit is fucked and getting worse. Jaque says it wouldn't be perfect but would but a lot better so, infallible....no.

I was also conflicted Loop and always try my be to be objective about this stuff but I kinda felt they were giving people a real action that if they don't want to support that which seems mandatory these days. I'm sure there is another side to the story but it might just be more fucked than what's currently going on in the world and would those people tell us? If it increased the margin's enough I'm sure they would make into a mini series.

I liked the overall message of it's starts with you, not god, money, not politics. The change is just a choice and as a whole I think we as humans are seeing the effects that our civilization has on the earth and like they say "we NOW have the technology" to start thinking of the earth first so our generations to come won't have a harsher way of life than us.

haha Ive had to change 5 spelling mistakes, dont listen to me... :)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:46:47 AM by cliff »

biggums mcgee

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 09:14:01 AM »
I was thinking about the Venus Project last night and I'm not too sold on it yet. Everyone is self-suffieceint? The way I see money now, its buying power to help with skills you don't have. You wouldn't be able to walk into a bar and buy a beer, or order some awesome japanese food. we pay those people for their skills because thats what they're specialized in. I can't see myself, even with a certain level of ambition, wanting to learn how to brew my own brew or cut up some obscure fish. I guess there are a few perks to the monitary system? Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture...

loophole

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
if i'm getting it right, it makes sense. say there's enough food for everyone (and water and air, naturally). and given that there's a nice slice of punani for us, there's technically nothing else you need. then, given that an infrastructure has been created (of course with a lot of money, ironically), all you would need is resources to continue technological developments, as social advancements solely require minds.
if the venus project became large enough to obtain/create these resources within their own system, (say the venus project idea becomes the whole world's basis in a millenia, for an extreme example), then you wouldn't have to pay for shit anyway. people don't need the money to live. and it would be mechanised, too.
pretty much all you'll have to worry about is to make sure you keep the crops growing, and the kids educated. (im assuming that due to lack of jobs, adults will just keep learning, too, while having sex and smoking hallucenogenics.)

it's a bit of a fantasy world... or is it?

of course shit could go wrong. but it'd be nice to live in a place like that. you'd want to help rectify the situation.

but i don't think it would or could go ungoverned.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »
*cue Rawbertson to give his regular take on things*

Gatoraids

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 10:51:01 AM »
Loophole thanks for posting that, I tried to watch it last night but couldn't due to having to share the computer with my family, hope to finish it later.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 07:47:34 PM »
The Venus Project kind of creeps me out for some reason. Maybe I'm just comfortable living in a fucked up place.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon