Author Topic: New animal collective album in January  (Read 16829 times)

tonycoxhox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: New animal collective album in January
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »
ok if its easy i might sign up and lurk around midnight.  thx. pray.

edit: shit! they arent letting new people register!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:45:05 PM by tonycoxhox »
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

planet xeno

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2008, 06:42:52 PM »
damn. well, at least we can all check out that crazytown link, haha

crailtapper

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2008, 07:17:39 PM »
trust me man, it was lame.

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
please let us know in around 2 hours how things go
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

crailtapper

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2008, 10:52:50 PM »
said leak was fake. it was chinese democracy (i think) with the following note:

sorry guys

I never had the album. This whole time I've been trying to find someone with the album to just leak their copy, duh. This last attempt was to have Domino possibly jump the gun on their streaming thing. It probably didn't work.

-pinkertonman12

i'll be back

i will kill people. i put off plans tonight just to hear this. i hate the internet.

planet xeno

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2008, 05:45:26 AM »
yea im familiar with crazytown, that was a joke....i swear.  that sucks though, it seemed entirely plausible after the mini-leaks.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 05:47:29 AM by planet xeno »

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2008, 07:39:44 AM »
holy fuck. loving those leaks. anyone come across anything new?

edit: i honestly cant stop listening to bluish
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:02:05 AM by gordon bombay »

planet xeno

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2008, 08:07:10 AM »

are you talking about the sample of this or did the whole track leak? i'm trying to put off listening to those samples again and just wait for the full leak. i'm even trying to not listen to brothersport again (aside from the half dozen times i've already played it)

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2008, 08:15:19 AM »

are you talking about the sample of this or did the whole track leak? i'm trying to put off listening to those samples again and just wait for the full leak. i'm even trying to not listen to brothersport again (aside from the half dozen times i've already played it)

yea just the samples. i just downloaded it about an hour ago so its still fresh hah. im thinking im gonna try and hold off though too

crailtapper

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »
that sucks though, it seemed entirely plausible after the mini-leaks.

exactly. oh well. as for holding off, fuck that. i love this band and even these samples and one track have made my day better! open up your open up your open up your throat MAAAATT!!! goddamn, that's a great song!

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly. oh well. as for holding off, fuck that. i love this band and even these samples and one track have made my day better! open up your open up your open up your throat MAAAATT!!! goddamn, that's a great song!
sport brother SPORT BROTHER sport brother SPORT BROTHER sport brother SPORT BROTHER

how sick is that beat in bluish? they seriously write the catchiest melodies 

planet xeno

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2008, 12:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
sport brother SPORT BROTHER sport brother SPORT BROTHER sport brother SPORT BROTHER

yea and so many of them packed into one song, all the counter melodies and stuff (i don't know music terms that well). it sucks that i don't have big enough speakers here at school to do these beats justice. haha, i just played brothersport one last time, i have to get through this 10 page yeats paper somehow.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2008, 12:33:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

yea and so many of them packed into one song, all the counter melodies and stuff (i don't know music terms that well). it sucks that i don't have big enough speakers here at school to do these beats justice. haha, i just played brothersport one last time, i have to get through this 10 page yeats paper somehow.

hah seriously. cant wait til i get home from work so i can bump this shit! haha. im bummin though, it seems entirely too cold for this song hah. if they released this in the summer this would definitely be the summertime jam...actually nah neva that, it still will be in 09

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »
but the fake leak idea is one that i actually want to try. i was listening to really old merzbow and playing around with my sp-404

how do you like that by the way? ive been thinking of getting a used 202 or 303. just for basic shit and filler stuff. i play keys in my band so it'd be cool to add in some noises/sound here and there

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 676
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2008, 03:00:05 PM »
get a 202. i got one, pretty easy to use and cheap.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2008, 03:28:22 PM »
get a 404, more pads, more effects + features. plus the 404 uses compactflash cards, 202 and 303 use smartmedia cards and those are hard as fuck to find.

crailtapper

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2008, 10:52:57 AM »
my friend djs for "indie night" at a local bar and is a huge ac fan. i sent him brother sport and he's definitely playing it monday night. i will get to hear this shit blaring while getting wasted in public. dudes, it will be awesome.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:04 AM »
my friend djs for "indie night" at a local bar and is a huge ac fan. i sent him brother sport and he's definitely playing it monday night. i will get to hear this shit blaring while getting wasted in public. dudes, it will be awesome.

hah i was just thinking this last night as i was blasting it in my apt. "if i was a dj, id be the shit if i played this during my set"

drink a few during the song for us pals

planet xeno

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2008, 12:30:19 PM »
that sounds so crazy man

planet xeno

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »
hey for anyone who's into black dice, you should really check this out. eric copeland's (black dice member) solo stuff. more on the pop end of the spectrum than his band.  It's a really dememted, sample-laden take on pop music, tho.

i've listened to this record a lot more, it's from '07. 'green burrito' is a choice cut.
hermaphrodite
http://www.mediafire.com/?flgwlmgf115

and here's his brand new record. i've only spun it a couple times, but i've listened to the title track a lot. it's so crazy. one of those tracks that i worry might be bad for my brain.
alien in a garbage dump
http://www.mediafire.com/?yqy0myz2iih

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2008, 01:23:11 PM »
haha it turns out that grizzly bear leaked brothersport

and yeah eric copeland is great! i wonder if there will be a new black dice album any time soon.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:57 PM »
haha it turns out that grizzly bear leaked brothersport

hah wow that's hilarious. hope no legal battles or anything happen, that'd suck

planet xeno

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2008, 02:17:41 PM »
haha weird, i guess lots of labels hire web sheriff or whatever. i remember when strawberry jam half leaked, and they were just like, "we're not really pissed it leaked, just that u only leaked half of it. so please leak the rest so people can get the whole listening experience." they said something along those lines, which was so rad. yea im interested to see where black dice is going, load blown was so messed up. (in a good way.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:22:59 PM by planet xeno »

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »
crailtapper here. i'm using this account until they get that login problem fixed. anyway:
this song is called "my girls".
http://sharebee.com/009c9d77

enjoy

oh fuck yes, great find crailtapper. made my day. anyone else notice how clear their voices sound on this record as opposed to previous ones?

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2008, 11:25:03 AM »
im bummed i dont have an headphones to plug into the computer im at. i didn't like animal collective until i got into strawberry jam. i still dont like their stuff before that, but after hearing that and person pitch i think if the go in that direction i will enjoy their newer stuff. so now tell me, with this new stuff are they around strawberry jam (or better yet person pitch) or is it more like past stuff?
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

crapface

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2008, 11:28:45 AM »
Thank you!

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »
yeah, its definitely a rad song. i can't wait for summertime clothes though. THAT will be epic. i will probably trip balls and put that song on repeat.

oh man for sure. im bumming today though. slept on getting tickets for their nyc show and they announced a secret show at bowery which sold out so quick as well. the craigslist search begins

sven, it'll be very hard for you to not like new animal collective. have you listened to feels yet? theres some stuff on there you'd probably like i think

crailtapper

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2008, 11:49:22 AM »
im bummed i dont have an headphones to plug into the computer im at. i didn't like animal collective until i got into strawberry jam. i still dont like their stuff before that, but after hearing that and person pitch i think if the go in that direction i will enjoy their newer stuff. so now tell me, with this new stuff are they around strawberry jam (or better yet person pitch) or is it more like past stuff?

it's similar to strawberry jam and person pitch, but it's a different thing at the same time. closer two those two albums than any of their older stuff. download that mp3 i posted and check it out. i'll put it this way, this is their most accessible album to date.

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal

crailtapper