Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics  (Read 223978 times)

ProjectPatrick

Re: Battle at the Berrics
« Reply #570 on: December 11, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
Why no transition though?  I'll guess I'll never understand.
Looks like your only option is to kill yourself...

gravel pitch

« Reply #571 on: December 11, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think the biggest question of all is who even invited Dydrek? Who knows though, maybe he's a cool dude when he's not ruining the image of skateboarding on MTV.
[close]

really, he ruins the "image" of skateboarding?

[close]

Have you seen his show?
[close]

i just never thought there was a particular "image" one had to uphold when portraying skateboarding.
i thought it was solely about the individual. besides, isn't the dude building skateparks left and right across the U.S.? is that a bad "image" for skateboarding?

Not the image we as skateboarders have of ourselves, but the image people outside skateboarding see. You think people who don't skate are ever going to "get" that not everyone who skates cries about their mom's divorce, or thinks they're some kind of rockstar? They see the shit MTV puts out, and they make assumptions. It's cause of this shit I don't bother telling anyone who doesn't already know me that I skate. I'd rather not be instantly associated with Shecks and "Big Black".

guy le douche

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #572 on: December 11, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think the biggest question of all is who even invited Dydrek? Who knows though, maybe he's a cool dude when he's not ruining the image of skateboarding on MTV.
[close]

[close]

Have you seen his show?
[close]

i just never thought there was a particular "image" one had to uphold when portraying skateboarding.
i thought it was solely about the individual. besides, isn't the dude building skateparks left and right across the U.S.? is that a bad "image" for skateboarding?
[close]

Not the image we as skateboarders have of ourselves, but the image people outside skateboarding see. You think people who don't skate are ever going to "get" that not everyone who skates cries about their mom's divorce, or thinks they're some kind of rockstar? They see the shit MTV puts out, and they make assumptions. It's cause of this shit I don't bother telling anyone who doesn't already know me that I skate. I'd rather not be instantly associated with Shecks and "Big Black".
mtv is ruining skateboarding, but thats mainly because of sheckler. rob and big do no wrong.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #573 on: December 11, 2008, 07:19:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you seen his show?
[close]

[close]

[close]
mtv is ruining skateboarding, but thats mainly because of sheckler. rob and big do no wrong.

who should have a show? everyone that comes to mind would probably be like "fuck that gay shit."
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #574 on: December 11, 2008, 07:53:58 PM »
He's building skateparks with no transition.  He basically takes raw street spots and makes them smaller and easier.  Fuck that; I'd rather see the crazy skateparks created by Grindline and Dreamland.

:'(

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #575 on: December 11, 2008, 08:29:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you seen his show?
[close]

[close]

He's building skateparks with no transition.  He basically takes raw street spots and makes them smaller and easier.  Fuck that; I'd rather see the crazy skateparks created by Grindline and Dreamland.
he built skateparks that resemble street spots, so that kids don't have to go to real spots and then get kicked out. isn't there like a 12 stair there or something like that. looked pretty big to me. why would he make a plaza with a bunch of tranny anyway? then that would defeat the purpose of making a place that skaters could skate that resembles street skating.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #576 on: December 11, 2008, 08:35:56 PM »
Street plazas help you progress so much. My homie kickflip crooked the rail at the plaza, one week later BAM! down a real handrail. Transition can't help you do that.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #577 on: December 11, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »
every once and a while im like "hey he's not nearly as stupid as he used to be" but ya, you are

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2008, 12:51:31 PM »
Carroll/Jeron tomorrow and Reynolds/Castillo on Sunday, can't wait. I'll be thinking about those all through finals.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #579 on: December 12, 2008, 12:59:24 PM »
All the games after mike mo and furby are going to be disappointing.

fluffy

• Rep: -12
« Reply #580 on: December 12, 2008, 01:12:07 PM »
You know what i dont want to burst anyones bubble because i enjoy those games just as much as anyone else. But ive heard that when danny supa played billy marks it was thier second game becuase billy skunked  Supa so bad there would be no entertainment value. Think about it, how come everyone gets to letter T and makes a dramatic and very entertaining come back. They most likely edit the order of the tricks to appear more dramatic. Think about all those different angels. I wouldnt be suprised if they played multiple games. Either way i enjoy the games and im sure the winner is the legitamite winner, but they most likely make an effort to make them more entertaining.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #581 on: December 12, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it. They're probably going to have to do it even more seeing as how all the good people aside from mo and donovan lost.

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #582 on: December 12, 2008, 02:28:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you seen his show?
[close]

[close]

Personally I'm proud to tell people that i skate, as much as i suck at it. Fuck assumptions. Why would you let that get to you anyway?
KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #583 on: December 13, 2008, 12:14:13 AM »
Mike carroll and jeron wasn't as bad as i expected it to be. Still pretty bad though.

danker peaches

« Reply #584 on: December 13, 2008, 12:19:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you seen his show?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Personally I'm proud to tell people that i skate, as much as i suck at it. Fuck assumptions. Why would you let that get to you anyway?
I tell people i mountain bike normally

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #585 on: December 13, 2008, 12:22:12 AM »
koston made that game way more entertaining than any of them have been so far.

directed at ghetto kid: im not trying to hate here, im simply trying to understand your comments on everything sucking, what exactly are you expecting from a flatground game of skate?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #586 on: December 13, 2008, 12:39:25 AM »
Mike carroll is and always will be one of my favorite skaters, and not bad for J dubs he's sick too
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #587 on: December 13, 2008, 12:46:53 AM »

directed at ghetto kid: im not trying to hate here, im simply trying to understand your comments on everything sucking, what exactly are you expecting from a flatground game of skate?
People to actually look like they are professional skateboarders. Look at mike mo and furby then look at everyone else.
Another thing, how could anyone honestly find eric koston funny?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:50:48 AM by ChildoftheGhetto »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
« Reply #588 on: December 13, 2008, 01:08:16 AM »
i could watch carroll do fs bigspins all day long....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #589 on: December 13, 2008, 01:16:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
People to actually look like they are professional skateboarders. Look at mike mo and furby then look at everyone else.

not one thing in the mikemo/furbis game indicated professional quality. unsponsored kids at local skateparks do those tricks with the same forced style as that furber guy. what flatground trick is considered "professional" exactly? would you have to wear a suit and tie? loafers? a suitcase? i like you ghettoguy, you're my new favorite.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #590 on: December 13, 2008, 01:26:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

not one thing in the mikemo/furbis game indicated professional quality. unsponsored kids at local skateparks do those tricks with the same forced style as that furber guy. what flatground trick is considered "professional" exactly? would you have to wear a suit and tie? loafers? a suitcase? i like you ghettoguy, you're my new favorite.
Mike carroll's tricks should not look worse than a regular ass kid's at a skatepark.  I don't know though, I could be placing some unreal and unattainable standards as to how professional skateboarders should skate. Maybe mike mo and furby are just ultra amazing, and everyone else is just weak.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:29:57 AM by ChildoftheGhetto »

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: December 13, 2008, 01:36:52 AM »
answer this seriously and ill stop bothering you: are you infact veganshawn or mike robertson?

DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #592 on: December 13, 2008, 01:38:49 AM »
Hell no.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #593 on: December 13, 2008, 03:19:08 AM »
mike carroll has really good hair.
javier mendizabal is his long lost brother

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #594 on: December 13, 2008, 03:19:20 AM »
You know what i dont want to burst anyones bubble because i enjoy those games just as much as anyone else. But ive heard that when danny supa played billy marks it was thier second game becuase billy skunked  Supa so bad there would be no entertainment value. Think about it, how come everyone gets to letter T and makes a dramatic and very entertaining come back. They most likely edit the order of the tricks to appear more dramatic. Think about all those different angels. I wouldnt be suprised if they played multiple games. Either way i enjoy the games and im sure the winner is the legitamite winner, but they most likely make an effort to make them more entertaining.
you can spot like 4 different filmers. look at the jeron vs. carrol game of skate.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #595 on: December 13, 2008, 07:09:43 AM »

[/quote]

who should have a show? everyone that comes to mind would probably be like "fuck that gay shit."
[/quote]

I would love to see shecks type shows from:  Carroll, Howard, Heath, Staba, Worrest, Gonz, Gino, Dollin, Tony T., Fred Gall, Ellington, etc.  I know thats basically an epicly later'd line up, but lots of pro skaters lead interesting and eccentric lives that would be better to watch than shecks/dyrdek/BAM drama.  Imagine what some of those guys could put out with a shecks type budget?

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #596 on: December 13, 2008, 07:12:03 AM »
Expand Quote
mike carroll has really good hair.
[close]
javier mendizabal is his long lost brother

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #597 on: December 13, 2008, 07:16:10 AM »
Carroll's switch f/s bigspin heel was nice.  Just any of his bigspins at all actually.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #598 on: December 13, 2008, 07:19:44 AM »
Was Berra rolling on ecstasy or something?  Dude seemed like he was going crazy....

And yeah, Carrol's hair really is great.

Tobias Funke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • Oh, come on. Don't leave your uncle T-bag hanging.
« Reply #599 on: December 13, 2008, 07:44:53 AM »

[/quote]

I would love to see shecks type shows from:  Carroll, Howard, Heath, Staba, Worrest, Gonz, Gino, Dollin, Tony T., Fred Gall, Ellington, etc.  I know thats basically an epicly later'd line up, but lots of pro skaters lead interesting and eccentric lives that would be better to watch than shecks/dyrdek/BAM drama.  Imagine what some of those guys could put out with a shecks type budget?
[/quote]

The only person that should have a show that doesn't is Frank Gerwer. Just follow him around. No script, skits, acting at all. Just Frank. Fuck that could be the title of the show. "Just Frank."

My friend was in SF last winter and he was sitting in a ledge eating a slice of Pizza and Frank came walking along and saw him (he'd never met him before at all) and said "Hey is that Pizza from ________". My friend said "yeah, I've never had it before because I'm just here on vacation skating". Frank- Well I have 60 cold beers in my fridge at home and nothing goes better than pizza than cold beer.