Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics  (Read 224052 times)

Corey Quinn

Re: Battle at the Berrics
« Reply #600 on: December 13, 2008, 08:02:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

who should have a show? everyone that comes to mind would probably be like "fuck that gay shit."

I would love to see shecks type shows from:  Carroll, Howard, Heath, Staba, Worrest, Gonz, Gino, Dollin, Tony T., Fred Gall, Ellington, etc.  I know thats basically an epicly later'd line up, but lots of pro skaters lead interesting and eccentric lives that would be better to watch than shecks/dyrdek/BAM drama.  Imagine what some of those guys could put out with a shecks type budget?
[/quote]

The only person that should have a show that doesn't is Frank Gerwer. Just follow him around. No script, skits, acting at all. Just Frank. Fuck that could be the title of the show. "Just Frank."

My friend was in SF last winter and he was sitting in a ledge eating a slice of Pizza and Frank came walking along and saw him (he'd never met him before at all) and said "Hey is that Pizza from ________". My friend said "yeah, I've never had it before because I'm just here on vacation skating". Frank- Well I have 60 cold beers in my fridge at home and nothing goes better than pizza than cold beer.

[/quote]fucking dope

gravel pitch

« Reply #601 on: December 13, 2008, 08:25:13 AM »
Was Berra rolling on ecstasy or something?  Dude seemed like he was going crazy....

And yeah, Carrol's hair really is great.

I think the pheromones lizard king left behind from the time he wore the jersey were getting to him. Oh, and I love how baggy that ref shirt looks on everyone, but when Zack was wearing it it fit him snugly... what a fat peice of shit.

This game was really good, but anything involving Carroll tends to be good.

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #602 on: December 13, 2008, 09:12:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

who should have a show? everyone that comes to mind would probably be like "fuck that gay shit."

I would love to see shecks type shows from:  Carroll, Howard, Heath, Staba, Worrest, Gonz, Gino, Dollin, Tony T., Fred Gall, Ellington, etc.  I know thats basically an epicly later'd line up, but lots of pro skaters lead interesting and eccentric lives that would be better to watch than shecks/dyrdek/BAM drama.  Imagine what some of those guys could put out with a shecks type budget?
[/quote]

The only person that should have a show that doesn't is Frank Gerwer. Just follow him around. No script, skits, acting at all. Just Frank. Fuck that could be the title of the show. "Just Frank."

My friend was in SF last winter and he was sitting in a ledge eating a slice of Pizza and Frank came walking along and saw him (he'd never met him before at all) and said "Hey is that Pizza from ________". My friend said "yeah, I've never had it before because I'm just here on vacation skating". Frank- Well I have 60 cold beers in my fridge at home and nothing goes better than pizza than cold beer.

[/quote]

A gerwer show would be awesome. 

gravel pitch

« Reply #603 on: December 13, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »
How about no fucking TV shows for anyone and stick to skateboarding.

Mark Snappleyard

• Rep: 11
  • Tre flip noseslides!
« Reply #604 on: December 13, 2008, 09:21:34 AM »
I'm going to enjoy watching how they try to keep the stating of the rules entertaining in coming weeks.  They clearly know that everyone is bitching about how tired they are of seeing Steve Berra saying the same stupid rules every week.  Now they've already pulled out the big guns and had Eric Koston (who might be a natural on a skateboard, but is certainly forcing his humor steeze) announce the rules.  

That game was alright, I expected Mike Carrol to not give a shit and blow it.  The Donovan/Malto game is the only game I've been really stoked on so far.  Everyone's just doing the same basic tricks.  Koston/Donovan'll probably be the sickest game though.  They both have some crazy tricks, and I hope they utilize all of them.

Ps. Worrest would most likely accept a TV show deal, and his show would be sick...  atleast for a few weeks before he's written off as a sell-out, and everyone starts saying stuff like, "He has talent on a skateboard, it just sucks he's so shitty off one."

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #605 on: December 13, 2008, 10:01:52 AM »
That hair was just too distracting...McDreamy-like.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #606 on: December 13, 2008, 10:14:10 AM »
Carroll's last three tricks made me very happy.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #607 on: December 13, 2008, 10:33:46 AM »
If koston is at the berrics then I think that Robs game will come on soon.

sal23

« Reply #608 on: December 13, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »

you do realize... koston part owns the berrics right?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #609 on: December 13, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »
Carroll's last three tricks made me very happy.
his 360 flip looked amazing.

Hatechild

« Reply #610 on: December 13, 2008, 12:53:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
koston made that game way more entertaining than any of them have been so far.

directed at ghetto kid: im not trying to hate here, im simply trying to understand your comments on everything sucking, what exactly are you expecting from a flatground game of skate?
[close]
People to actually look like they are professional skateboarders. Look at mike mo and furby then look at everyone else.
Another thing, how could anyone honestly find eric koston funny?
[close]

not one thing in the mikemo/furbis game indicated professional quality. unsponsored kids at local skateparks do those tricks with the same forced style as that furber guy. what flatground trick is considered "professional" exactly? would you have to wear a suit and tie? loafers? a suitcase? i like you ghettoguy, you're my new favorite.
[close]
Mike carroll's tricks should not look worse than a regular ass kid's at a skatepark.  I don't know though, I could be placing some unreal and unattainable standards as to how professional skateboarders should skate. Maybe mike mo and furby are just ultra amazing, and everyone else is just weak.

With your logic COTG, I assume there should only be around 10 sponsored or professional skateboarder in world?

no one you know

« Reply #611 on: December 13, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »
^COTG the ONLY professional skateboarder in the world.
This is my observation from years of skateboarding,maybe you agree:
Being a professional skateboarder does not mean you should pop your shit hella high. Besides being able to do pretty much all the flip tricks, grinds, and obstacles, you gotta be able to sit in the van or chill at some dude's apartment or whatever and not act like a pill. You can't be all kobe bryant and show up to practice or the game and fucking leave as soon as its done, fuck that bull shit. I think getting hooked up, part of it is the skills, but the other part is how you present yourself and hang out with everybody, I think a lot of dudes throw crap into their videos just to fuck with people like COTG, when the rest of us find that shit entertaining. Skateboarding is a rebellious activity, it has a lot to do with pissing people off and looking good while doing it. Which basically might sum up Eric Koston's sense of humor?!?!?! maybe

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #612 on: December 13, 2008, 03:27:07 PM »
ahaha berra

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #613 on: December 13, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you do realize... koston part owns the berrics right?

Yes, but i don't realize what that has to do with my post.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #614 on: December 13, 2008, 03:50:29 PM »
love carroll
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
« Reply #615 on: December 13, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »
no high five for berra hahah

no one you know

« Reply #616 on: December 13, 2008, 04:51:42 PM »

haha, YEAH BRAH! You just cured my hangover, fucking STOKED!!!!!!!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #617 on: December 13, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
koston made that game way more entertaining than any of them have been so far.

directed at ghetto kid: im not trying to hate here, im simply trying to understand your comments on everything sucking, what exactly are you expecting from a flatground game of skate?
[close]
People to actually look like they are professional skateboarders. Look at mike mo and furby then look at everyone else.
Another thing, how could anyone honestly find eric koston funny?
[close]

not one thing in the mikemo/furbis game indicated professional quality. unsponsored kids at local skateparks do those tricks with the same forced style as that furber guy. what flatground trick is considered "professional" exactly? would you have to wear a suit and tie? loafers? a suitcase? i like you ghettoguy, you're my new favorite.
[close]
Mike carroll's tricks should not look worse than a regular ass kid's at a skatepark.  I don't know though, I could be placing some unreal and unattainable standards as to how professional skateboarders should skate. Maybe mike mo and furby are just ultra amazing, and everyone else is just weak.
[close]

With your logic COTG, I assume there should only be around 10 sponsored or professional skateboarder in world?
Nah, I Like way more people than i dislike, I think. It's just that all the people i dislike are slap favorites and come up frequently on here.

^COTG the ONLY professional skateboarder in the world.
This is my observation from years of skateboarding,maybe you agree:
Being a professional skateboarder does not mean you should pop your shit hella high. Besides being able to do pretty much all the flip tricks, grinds, and obstacles, you gotta be able to sit in the van or chill at some dude's apartment or whatever and not act like a pill. You can't be all kobe bryant and show up to practice or the game and fucking leave as soon as its done, fuck that bull shit. I think getting hooked up, part of it is the skills, but the other part is how you present yourself and hang out with everybody, I think a lot of dudes throw crap into their videos just to fuck with people like COTG, when the rest of us find that shit entertaining. Skateboarding is a rebellious activity, it has a lot to do with pissing people off and looking good while doing it. Which basically might sum up Eric Koston's sense of humor?!?!?! maybe
What in the hell are you talking about man? 

gravel pitch

« Reply #618 on: December 13, 2008, 07:30:32 PM »

I saw that too. So funny...

Hatechild

« Reply #619 on: December 13, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »
^ I'm just amazed you dislike Carroll. He's still pushing the progression of skateboarding and pretty much invented or made popular a handful of tricks everyone does these days. I understand style is based on opinion, but it's safe to say the majority of the skate-world think MC has one the best.  Maybe I'm reading you wrong?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: December 13, 2008, 07:35:43 PM »
^ I'm just amazed you dislike Carroll. He's still pushing the progression of skateboarding and pretty much invented or made popular a handful of tricks everyone does these days. I understand style is based on opinion, but it's safe to say the majority of the skate-world think MC has one the best.  Maybe I'm reading you wrong?
I don't dislike carroll. His style isn't as amazing as everyone says it is though.

Hatechild

« Reply #621 on: December 13, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »
Expand Quote
^ I'm just amazed you dislike Carroll. He's still pushing the progression of skateboarding and pretty much invented or made popular a handful of tricks everyone does these days. I understand style is based on opinion, but it's safe to say the majority of the skate-world think MC has one the best.  Maybe I'm reading you wrong?
[close]
I don't dislike carroll. His style isn't as amazing as everyone says it is though.

Fair Enough. Just curious who you think has a better style than MC, cause I think he probably has the one of best next to Gino or Julian of course.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #622 on: December 13, 2008, 07:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Fair Enough. Just curious who you think has a better style than MC, cause I think he probably has the one of best next to Gino or Julian of course.
You already know all the answers.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #623 on: December 13, 2008, 08:00:11 PM »
solid game, carol + fs bigspins = what skateboarding is about... so good.

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #624 on: December 13, 2008, 09:43:25 PM »
great game, stoked that carroll won.

Expand Quote
[close]
What are you fahkin stupid?    Of course it is.

Bwhahah!!!

bandini

« Reply #625 on: December 14, 2008, 12:12:06 AM »
Mike carroll's tricks should not look worse than a regular ass kid's at a skatepark."

Playing a game of SKATE with your bro at the local park is one thing - playing it at the berrics when you know it's being filmed for the whole world is another.

I think there are very few people on the planet who could muster the consistency we've seen so far given that kind of pressure. THAT is what being a pro is all about - doing it on command, when everyone's watching.

Anyway, when Carroll's style is being questioned you know you've entered the twilight zone...

fuktup

• Rep: 1
« Reply #626 on: December 14, 2008, 12:18:14 AM »
ANDREW REYNOLDS WHOOPED THAT ASS!!!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #627 on: December 14, 2008, 12:19:32 AM »
Damn the boss is tall anyways I'm still down for Lil D. Do you think he would have gave drew a letter if he went first?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:21:49 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

frankallen

« Reply #628 on: December 14, 2008, 12:24:19 AM »
that was wierd and fast

Mark Snappleyard

• Rep: 11
  • Tre flip noseslides!
« Reply #629 on: December 14, 2008, 12:32:36 AM »
No way that tall motherfucker was about to lose to some shorty!  It's all tallitics baby!  Tall about the Benjamins!  Tall-qaeda terrorizin' that shorty's shit and suicide bombing his shortress!  Height FTW!