Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics  (Read 223982 times)

sal23

Re: Battle at the Berrics
« Reply #1080 on: January 18, 2009, 02:10:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Poor Donnovan. I wonder why he was so nervous, it's not like he's never skated with those dudes before. Maybe he's been lurking the internet and was feeling the pressure kids put on him.
[close]

I think it's safe to say that all of us here take these games way more seriously than any of the participants do. I doubt any of the dudes at the berrics give much of a shit. They mostly just look like they're just having fun to me. 

agreed
but
i wonder if tommorrow will be buttery ass excuses ?

fluffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1081 on: January 18, 2009, 02:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
dude there needs to be a rule that you at least give it one solid push, billy didnt look like he was rolling in most of those tricks, He has a horrible style too by the way. Brandon is legit on a board on the other hand.
[close]

do a flips fs flip on a handrail with good style please, cos billy does, his styles sick, see his first try friday? smooth half cab flip.

Your writting skills are similar to your knowledge on proper skateboarding. How many times has it been talked about on this board that Billy does Illusion flip board slides not switch flip boards, and they look like shit.  You want to see the trick done right, watch Eric Ellington now he can do a proper switch flip into a boardslide. . 

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1082 on: January 18, 2009, 02:42:36 PM »
why's everyone saying "oh poor donovan" and trying to make up excuses?
this is a flat ground game of skate.. from what i've seen donovan pretty much only skate flat..
dude just fucked up and if people didn't see it coming from the last game you must be blind
the dude never got his basics consistant but whatever still a fun game to watch

THANK YOU SAL 23

do you seriously think that he cant kickflip but he can double hardflip? dude whats nervous

dude froze up so bad he wasnt even bending his knees, go recreate that game of skate yourself in -35 weather and you can see why he didnt land half his stuff - not to say he should have been that mindfucked over it.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1083 on: January 18, 2009, 02:44:33 PM »
beilbel/marks game was great, beiibel was going faster than anyone so far bummed he didn't win, actually berra was skating pretty fast too in his game

donovan was shook, it's too bad cuz that would have been a good game, i wanted to see koston try those double hardflips and grapeflips

oh well

I'm still predicting koston to win the whole thing

mmmboh

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1084 on: January 18, 2009, 03:19:28 PM »
Expand Quote
why's everyone saying "oh poor donovan" and trying to make up excuses?
this is a flat ground game of skate.. from what i've seen donovan pretty much only skate flat..
dude just fucked up and if people didn't see it coming from the last game you must be blind
the dude never got his basics consistant but whatever still a fun game to watch

[close]

THANK YOU SAL 23

do you seriously think that he cant kickflip but he can double hardflip? dude whats nervous

dude froze up so bad he wasnt even bending his knees, go recreate that game of skate yourself in -35 weather and you can see why he didnt land half his stuff - not to say he should have been that mindfucked over it.

Donovan did look nervous, he put his hand over his stomach and looked like he took a breath right before the game started. I don't think people should have been so surprised he lost though, he almost lost to Malto and everyone knows Koston >>> Malto at flatground.

And I still think Koston would have won even if Donovan wasn't nervous. In both games he landed swtich tre and missed switch flip, so I don't think it can all be blamed on him being nervous. I guess all those double flip do mess up your regular tricks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 03:22:30 PM by mmmboh »

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #1085 on: January 18, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
donovan was shook, it's too bad cuz that would have been a good game, i wanted to see koston try those double hardflips and grapeflips

yeah thats what I was waiting to see too

kinda let down but oh well.

Se7en

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1086 on: January 18, 2009, 03:35:55 PM »
Dude has nothing to be ashamed about given how far he has come in the past 4-6 months

Hatechild

« Reply #1087 on: January 18, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »
Stoked on the Koston win. I couldn't see him losing to Donovan.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #1088 on: January 18, 2009, 03:53:54 PM »
Expand Quote
If you can't tell he was nervous as fuck, then you're an idiot, or mildly autistic.
[close]

ya who wouldent be a wreck skating against koston
agreed. Even Dyrdek fell apart playing Frost.
ableSkateMag.com

Se7en

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1089 on: January 18, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you can't tell he was nervous as fuck, then you're an idiot, or mildly autistic.
[close]

ya who wouldent be a wreck skating against koston
[close]
agreed. Even Dyrdek fell apart playing Frost.

Mike Mo held his own against him, but I guess its easier when its for fun

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1090 on: January 18, 2009, 04:35:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dude there needs to be a rule that you at least give it one solid push, billy didnt look like he was rolling in most of those tricks, He has a horrible style too by the way. Brandon is legit on a board on the other hand.
[close]

do a flips fs flip on a handrail with good style please, cos billy does, his styles sick, see his first try friday? smooth half cab flip.
[close]

Your writting skills are similar to your knowledge on proper skateboarding. How many times has it been talked about on this board that Billy does Illusion flip board slides not switch flip boards, and they look like shit.  You want to see the trick done right, watch Eric Ellington now he can do a proper switch flip into a boardslide. . 

not to interfere with your argument cuz i havent really been reading this topic till recently - but how can you illusion flip boardslide?
it seems you don't know what you are talking about either.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:37:08 PM by 7777777 »

A Rolled Ankle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
    • http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/mindhead84/rza_1455.jpg avatar image
« Reply #1091 on: January 18, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »
Billy Marks needs to skate faster and shave the caterpillar off of his face..Hyped Koston won

cool spot

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1092 on: January 18, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »
nice to see koston do that hardflip at the end

i laughed out loud at the "see, no one believes me"

ribbons

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1093 on: January 18, 2009, 06:53:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i meant to type "flip fs lip" on a handrail, not boardslides, and i dont know how many times its been talked about on this message board that he does "illusion flip boardslides" (which he completley doesnt)

fluffy

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1094 on: January 18, 2009, 06:58:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

not to interfere with your argument cuz i havent really been reading this topic till recently - but how can you illusion flip boardslide?

Are you looking for me to say Illusion flip lipslide? Because that would mean recognizing an illusion flip as a frontside flip, and its not. Idiot. And besides my argument was based on saying hes not switch flipping into a boardslide because that actually takes skill.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #1095 on: January 18, 2009, 07:13:18 PM »
why would donovan be nervous? doesnt he skate with these guys like everyday?
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1096 on: January 18, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »
why would donovan be nervous? doesnt he skate with these guys like everyday?
Because being on camera in a "competition" is way different than just skateboarding. Well for some people it isn't, but a lot people are affected by shit like that.

mmmboh

« Reply #1097 on: January 18, 2009, 07:31:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you looking for me to say Illusion flip lipslide? Because that would mean recognizing an illusion flip as a frontside flip, and its not. Idiot. And besides my argument was based on saying hes not switch flipping into a boardslide because that actually takes skill.

Wtf are you saying? I must be reading this wrong, because it appears that you do not understand the difference between a boardslide and lipslide...it doesn't matter how a board flips, if the rail is in front of you and you slide on your board facing forward it is a lipslide....so what you would mean is "illusion flip" lipslide.....but what I think you really mean is flip fs lipslide...

And what are you talking about billy does illusion flip board slides not switch flip boardslides? are you saying you don't like how he switch flips into them? because you can't "illusion flip" into a boardslide...do you know what an illusion flip is?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:33:43 PM by mmmboh »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1098 on: January 18, 2009, 08:21:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Wtf are you saying? I must be reading this wrong, because it appears that you do not understand the difference between a boardslide and lipslide...it doesn't matter how a board flips, if the rail is in front of you and you slide on your board facing forward it is a lipslide....so what you would mean is "illusion flip" lipslide.....but what I think you really mean is flip fs lipslide...

And what are you talking about billy does illusion flip board slides not switch flip boardslides? are you saying you don't like how he switch flips into them? because you can't "illusion flip" into a boardslide...do you know what an illusion flip is?

you're not reading it wrong, the guy (fluffy) is a fucking idiot. you don't say fs flip lipslide because you aren't doing a full fs flip. if you were, then you wouldn't be going into lip. i know people say tre flip lip when they aren't doing a tre flip lip, but regardless, it's a kickflip front lip. also, it would be impossible to do an illusion flip front lip because how could the board flip through your legs, yet land 90? and even if this was possible, billy's don't do that.
3:55 you fucktard. pause it on his catch, it's a kickflip, then he turns it to a front lip. illusion flips go through your legs. i'm letting you know because you've made it very clear that you don't mind talking about a trick even if you don't know what it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXpzZpwuYcY

Poor Folk

« Reply #1099 on: January 18, 2009, 08:28:22 PM »
beilbel/marks game was great, beiibel was going faster than anyone so far bummed he didn't win, actually berra was skating pretty fast too in his game

Maaan, what about Arto!?

« Reply #1100 on: January 18, 2009, 09:04:47 PM »
i want fluffy to show us video proof of billy marks' "illusion flip boardslides"
hahah he clearly doesn't know what is going when it comes to recognizing tricks.

just so it's clear an illusion flip is an attempted hardflip that doesn't flip. i.e. justin eldridge in this eS commercial at 0:17 (the second angle is better for this example):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGONLo_Tz-M

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #1101 on: January 18, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »
i don't understand the hate for billy

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1102 on: January 18, 2009, 10:18:34 PM »
i want fluffy to show us video proof of billy marks' "illusion flip boardslides"
hahah he clearly doesn't know what is going when it comes to recognizing tricks.

just so it's clear an illusion flip is an attempted hardflip that doesn't flip. i.e. justin eldridge in this eS commercial at 0:17 (the second angle is better for this example):
also fs flips that don't flip.

Stunts

« Reply #1103 on: January 18, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »
Aka phantoms and swanys. Statistics show they are one of the greatest causes of an early carender if one is in your section.

General Cornrow Wallace

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1104 on: January 19, 2009, 12:09:47 AM »
Donovan couldn't have really thought he was going to beat Koston

Sodesu

« Reply #1105 on: January 19, 2009, 02:00:49 AM »
It showed on his face, whatever that is. 

ribbons

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1106 on: January 19, 2009, 04:24:29 AM »
thank god for providing the aul video proof etc there, theres no way u can illusion flip into a fs lipslide, and how the FUCK you think billy can do it in switch flip boardslides is beyond me, also is the fact you think this has something to do with the battle at the berrics

Batman

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1107 on: January 19, 2009, 07:34:22 AM »

That's a hardflip. Illusion flips are fs shove its going between the legs and that makes an illusion of the "between the legs hardflip". Thereby the name, some kids don't see the difference..

clifford the big red dog

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1108 on: January 19, 2009, 09:06:27 AM »
i got my money on chico to win this whole damn thing

« Reply #1109 on: January 19, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a hardflip. Illusion flips are fs shove its going between the legs and that makes an illusion of the "between the legs hardflip". Thereby the name, some kids don't see the difference..

look at his board on the second angle. shit doesn't flip at all
its still an illusion.