Author Topic: how to: art show  (Read 1422 times)

Matze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
how to: art show
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »
since i'm getting a wall in an exhibition in 2 months i question myself how to showcase/present my pictures. i had some pictures hanging at my university this spring, but these big bad looking frames made me wanted to puke.

this time i gonna have about 15 pics with the size 20*30 cm and other 15 with 20*20 cm, so i gonna have to buy more frames that i want to. my first idea was just to use passe-partouts/mounts (?) as frames to save money and do some supersize black and white copies of my pics to keep the stuff interesting. but yeah, that will not work.

my idea is right now to do a collabo (let's pretend i'm still in 2006) with a friend who gonna paint a big moster that eats/pukes my pictures. the pics itself will go with some wooden frames best, i think either white, brown or black ... but yeah, i don't know if i should take thin or big ones, or if even metal ones will do well. actually i know nothing.

these ikea ones would be the cheapest way ... but painting the wood would look cheap too.
http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/products/90109232

these ones are way more expensive but look better - passe-partout is inside
http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/products/40078049

i saw some stuff of romke and vicky so i hope that people can help me out with advices or ideas.
and if somebody got pictures of shows from other people feel free to post. just like this one ...

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
Re: how to: art show
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »
Hit up thrift stores for frames.

RollinonFour

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:40:56 AM »
Yeah, My pops worked in an art gallery for a few years. He always coped his frame from thrift stores, some of those frames are antique and super fresh looking.

I had tried to get my art out around here but I wouldnt know where to start....

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »
dont frame them. use L hooks and plexi glass, it looks nicer and its cheaper
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
fuck frames.  screw some long, thin metal strips to the wall...

then use these to attach the pics:
http://www.magnetsource.com/Consumer%20Pages/SuperMagsEDUC.html