Author Topic: Who's the biggest alcoholic on slap?  (Read 34228 times)

EricLogan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Who's the biggest alcoholic on slap?
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2009, 02:42:49 AM »
since this has become slap's AA, I'll throw out that I haven't had a drink since the 2nd, tomorow will be 14 days. I know "resolutions" are bullshit but I'm trying to cut drinking back to once a month. Maybe completely except for real special occasions if I actually feel any better at the end of the month.

Instead of consumption of food, I've been skating a lot. I'm sore all the time, but at least I don't feel I've pissed a whole day away in 2 weeks like I've done so many times.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2009, 08:07:01 AM »
ive only gone a few days in the new year without drinking. gotta watch that

eseholmes

• Rep: 0
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2009, 08:55:05 AM »
im drinking a couple nights during the week shits gotta stop. id rather skate in the morn than sleeep. i told my self after these 2 12 packs are done im gonna stop plus i start school next week so that motivation to stop drinking and hit the books. i dunno if it will help considering the fact i work at a fuckin liquor store. but then again im saving money for nyc with the girl friend so thats more motivation , we also started to no go out to the bars its been like 2 months, we also dont go out to eat as much we cook for each other like someone said in a earlier response our wallets are starting to talk and ive seen my bank account grow in the past 2 months.

beeda weeda

« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2009, 09:49:20 AM »
my Dad is an actual alcoholic, but has been sober for almost 5 years, he did the whole rehab thing and everything. shits gnarly.
It helped me get a good perspective on how serious alcohol.
he doesn't do teh AA, he says the shits gay as fuck, surrendering himself powerless, he just doesnt drink cause he understands he can't control it.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2009, 10:17:27 AM »
Everything in moderation is key.

Some people just have to put the bottle down because they suck at drinking. Like beeda said, some people just have no control with alcohol. All the demons come out when they drink, and they turn into a totally different person. Sometimes it takes a case, and sometimes just a bottle or two. When I see this happen to someone, I say they're going "to the dark side".

Others, it's for health concerns. The liver needs time to relax, and eventually gets beat up to the a point you get a weak immune system. The 30 days of not drinking is a common thing for a lot of people I know. Although, I haven't tried it just yet, so I'm really going to have to find my substitute. I swear, booze it's the only common thing I have with the rest of the world.

kevbo999

« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »
Are there any pills/supplements/vitamins you can take to help save your liver?

Inbred Jed

« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
I heard if you drink you own sperm it cleans and replenishes your liver.

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »
Are there any pills/supplements/vitamins you can take to help save your liver?

Milk thistle.

kevbo999

« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2010, 06:14:50 PM »
Thanks friend, 8 bucks a month may help save my life.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2010, 02:43:44 AM »
Where the fuck is this thread ?

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2010, 03:45:09 AM »
Bump. I am fucked up. Lets destroy the government.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2010, 03:50:56 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2010, 06:57:23 AM »
i was doing great cutting back but had to stop smoking for a month due to an upcoming life insurance blood test. if my blood has cotine in it then i'll be paying an extra bill a month for my policy. it really sucks because a nice fade after work gets me movtivated to go ride my bike or skate and now instead i get off after 12 hours and all i want to do is drink beer and wine and have some food.

for you guys trying to cut back, perrier scratchs the beer itch for me pretty nicely.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »
So. How's the drinking going guys?

I managed to stop drinking pretty much all together.  I am amazed I kept my job during those years.
After some blood tests my doctor told me I had damaged my liver but it should be ok seeings I'm only 36.

Good thing is I don't miss it at all. But it is hard sometimes being out and everyone's drinking. Harder when it gets to the later hours at people are shit faced and talking to you about 3cm from you.

Sorry for the epic bump.  Just interested.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2014, 04:47:25 PM »
i am 93 days sober. if i were to continue to drink id be dead before 40. the bug runs in my family.

shark tits

« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
i'm sober of drinking since november 2010. i don't miss it but when i'm around everyone drinking i either get annoyed [dry drunk syndrome?] or kinda sad. i skate better and ain't got no local warrants or wonder what happened after i blacked out and sure enough, i pissed someone's couch/bed/floor again. i can still fuck w/ other shit cause alcohol was my problem and that's worked out well although asides atavan i'm pretty much all the time sober as a judge.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »
i used to be bad. I'm good now though. Be safe out there dudes

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »
I've cut back. After I turned 21 I was just buying beer because I was able to. So i kept it in the house, and going through a six pack in a week turned into 2-4 beers every night after a while and I just felt shitty and was wasting money. So I don't keep any liquor bottles or anything more than a tall bottle of Kirin in my house. Feeling better and my moneys are looking good.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2014, 09:34:03 PM »
Biggest alcoholic is either Beerkegpegleg or the 5 posters that frequent the Beer Thread.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2014, 11:41:44 PM »
I don't understand how someone could like alcohol to the point where it controls there life. But then again, I don't drink, I cannot stand alcohol, I hate the way it makes me feel. Props to everyone on here who has turned there life around though. I've had alcoholism in my family and I see what it does.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2014, 12:16:01 AM »
i don't miss it but when i'm around everyone drinking i either get annoyed [dry drunk syndrome?] or kinda sad.

I think you're just realizing how annoying most people are when drunk.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2014, 08:35:48 AM »
Biggest alcoholic is either Beerkegpegleg or the 5 posters that frequent the Beer Thread.

tracer top 5 poster

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2014, 11:35:17 AM »
I had to cut myself off 6 weeks ago when I started drinking Bullseye whiskey at 1 in the morning,

finished a bottle and started drinking beer. by 9 am I was a bottle and six pack deep. Decided to 'borrow' my roommates car and dog and go for a 40 mile joy ride, throwing back brews the entire time.

When I got home, I noticed a big rubber kid's ball had gotten picked up and found its self stuck in the icy creek behind my porch. Like an idiot I tried to walk out onto the ice to grab the ball, I heard the ice start to crack so I tried to back up slowly, slipped up onto my back and went ass-end first into the freezing creek.

After that night/morning I haven't touched any alcohol. Definitely feel like I have way more energy. Its been almost 50 days sober now
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »
It runs deep in both my mothers and fathers side.  Suicied too.

I just really wanted to break that. 

Wine was my drink of choice. Cheap and instant high. I would keep empty powerade bottles in my car and fill it up with wine so it was easy to slam fast having a bigger mouth piece. Drinking 2 bottles of $4 white in 5 minutes would get you where you needed to go. Or at home with a 4 litre goon bag.

It got to the point where I thought I would die.  Did A.A, detox, rehab over and over but I never stopped. One time I spent a successful stint in rehab and felt awesome. When I left I got a taxi straight to the bottle shop with hospital wrist tags and IV tracks showing while I was paying. Not a proud moment.

Normally it would take me ending up in hospital to stop me drinking for a few days but one day I woke up and thought "this is weak. I'm taking the cowards way out" and stopped. Not really that easy but you get the picture.

Sorry for the novel I just wrote.  It really stokes me out to read other pals kicking it too.

Hats off to you gents.

shark tits

« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »
It runs deep in both my mothers and fathers side.  Suicied too.

I just really wanted to break that. 

Wine was my drink of choice. Cheap and instant high. I would keep empty powerade bottles in my car and fill it up with wine so it was easy to slam fast having a bigger mouth piece. Drinking 2 bottles of $4 white in 5 minutes would get you where you needed to go. Or at home with a 4 litre goon bag.

It got to the point where I thought I would die.  Did A.A, detox, rehab over and over but I never stopped. One time I spent a successful stint in rehab and felt awesome. When I left I got a taxi straight to the bottle shop with hospital wrist tags and IV tracks showing while I was paying. Not a proud moment.

Normally it would take me ending up in hospital to stop me drinking for a few days but one day I woke up and thought "this is weak. I'm taking the cowards way out" and stopped. Not really that easy but you get the picture.

Sorry for the novel I just wrote.  It really stokes me out to read other pals kicking it too.

Hats off to you gents.

i was bad like that too. i'd dry out in jails for a wkend or sometimes longer, once in portland i puked into my own lungs and aspirated. got treated for pneumonia and hit the ground running. every time i've been arrested on a freight train unit it's cause i was too drunk to wake up at crew change so they had cops do it. all but one or 2 of my heron OD's were as a result of being drunk first [double digits].
aspirated at the carlottaween 2010 party in BR and they did an MRI. i woke up in the ICU and they told me i was drinking away my frontal lobes [atrophic encephalopathy] to which i argued 'how come i'm still good at jeopardy? what about bukowski?' but another 10 or so days of drinking and i tapered down to 2 40s and some benzos then got back on board. to each their own but i am certainly more stable w/out it even though i don't talk my way into pussy too much anymore but for honest i had to stay drunk to tolerate the girls attached to said pussies.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2014, 06:52:54 PM »
^^ crazy times hey man.  Benzos for sure. CWE the codiene out of a heap of tablets was good for the whole body aches too.

My hands still shake a little to this day. Permanent nerve damage maybe. And gout!! Had it in both big toes at the same time once and had to walk like a penguin haha.

This dude I know was drinking metho and hand sanitizer.  He was my age but looked 55.

shark tits

« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »
^^ crazy times hey man.  Benzos for sure. CWE the codiene out of a heap of tablets was good for the whole body aches too.

My hands still shake a little to this day. Permanent nerve damage maybe. And gout!! Had it in both big toes at the same time once and had to walk like a penguin haha.

This dude I know was drinking metho and hand sanitizer.  He was my age but looked 55.
yikes! some of the street kids i met in my traipsing days drank mouthwash or 'warsh' as they called it. one is in europe bumming around, one just got charged w/ murder and another had his girlfriend pass away and i haven't heard word from him in a long time. that gout sounds gnarly!

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2014, 02:11:11 AM »
i was doing great cutting back but had to stop smoking for a month due to an upcoming life insurance blood test. if my blood has cotine in it then i'll be paying an extra bill a month for my policy. it really sucks because a nice fade after work gets me movtivated to go ride my bike or skate and now instead i get off after 12 hours and all i want to do is drink beer and wine and have some food.

for you guys trying to cut back, perrier scratchs the beer itch for me pretty nicely.
Be carful with that. If you passed away the insurance company does a post-mortem blood test. If you test positive for substances that you didn't disclose on your policy they can void your coverage and they won't pay out. 

get gnarly

• Rep: 9
« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2014, 10:47:47 AM »
i am 93 days sober. if i were to continue to drink id be dead before 40. the bug runs in my family.

Congrats, dude! 3 months was tough for me, obsessed hard. Tomorrow I got 10 months.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »
I've cut back a lot. From 22-25 was pretty much going out with friends every night and getting hammered. Had a ton of good times and did a lot of dumb shit, but now I've got a book of good stories.

Nowadays I still go out with friends on Friday or Saturday but during the week its just a couple casual beers after work with dinner. I drink a ton of water and have never had soda, so I don't think of a few beers after work as a problem at all. Nothing wrong with having a beer on a nice afternoon on the porch either. I think keeping liquor out of the house is nice too, beer doesnt make me feel like shit the next day.