Author Topic: Who's the biggest alcoholic on slap?  (Read 34125 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Who's the biggest alcoholic on slap?
« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2018, 07:29:57 AM »
i had to go to court ordered outpatient rehab when i was 19 for a weed charge. they pretty much said if you enjoy drinking alcohol, youre an alcoholic.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2018, 08:56:19 AM »
A few thoughts from the thread title:

- Is drinking "too much" partly dependent on the culture/geography? As in, would people from Russia/Germany/USA collectively giver higher/lower numbers as to what's acceptable? Leaving places out where it's against their views and/or religion because they'd obviously say one is too many.

- Are there studies that give a definite number on what's "too much"? I'm sure that varies on the persons size + the type of alcohol but am curious. Is one or two 5% beers every night too much? At what point is it really affecting your health long term.

Obviously if you're drinking to the point of blacking out every night and ruining relationships/jobs I think most would agree you're probably drinking too much there.

Canada is absurd too. Perfectly normal to drink 15 beers a day here, every day. Plus lots of whisky
Gentleman ninja warlock

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2018, 09:01:58 AM »
Holy fuck. Where do you live? 1800s Upper Canada Village where alcoholic beverages are the only potable liquid?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2018, 09:46:57 AM »
Basically. You just described not only upper canada, but 76.33% of canada
Gentleman ninja warlock

baroque_0bama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2018, 11:29:10 AM »
A buddy of mine used to manage a bar near my apartment, so I used to hang back after close with the employees and a few more regulars, get hammered, sleep on the bar, and then go to work the next day still half in the bag. Good times.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2018, 07:39:37 PM »
My drinking problem in 2014 was legendary. Wake up shaking having panic attacks and horrible existential dread hangovers every morning, then slam 3 "nips" or "airplane bottles" of 100 proof peppermint schnapps to feel normal. That kept me feeling good for maybe an hour or two, and then I would continue to drink those little bottles or Bud Light ___-A-Ritas until around mid afternoon. From there, I would pass out wasted in bed until early evening and continue the process all over again. Then I'd pass out at night and repeat the process yet again in the morning. Would eat about 1 slice of pizza and 1 cheap leftover pastry from roomie's workplace per day and that was all I ate every day.

I stopped that drinking habit cold turkey in August of said 2014 hell year, and the abrupt shock to my system gave me a permanent anxiety and depression disorder. I was pretty anxious and sadboi to begin with, but after the shock to my system from going cold turkey, it got amplified like 1000x and now I can hardly hold a conversation or leave the house unless I'm on drugs or something. To this day! 4 years later! GOOD STUFF, drinking is great & life is but a dream @_@

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2018, 07:45:51 PM »
therapist joe says quitting booze didn't give you those issues goku, they were there already and you used drinking to cover them up.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2018, 08:03:38 PM »
My drinking problem in 2014 was legendary. Wake up shaking having panic attacks and horrible existential dread hangovers every morning, then slam 3 "nips" or "airplane bottles" of 100 proof peppermint schnapps to feel normal. That kept me feeling good for maybe an hour or two, and then I would continue to drink those little bottles or Bud Light ___-A-Ritas until around mid afternoon. From there, I would pass out wasted in bed until early evening and continue the process all over again. Then I'd pass out at night and repeat the process yet again in the morning. Would eat about 1 slice of pizza and 1 cheap leftover pastry from roomie's workplace per day and that was all I ate every day.

I stopped that drinking habit cold turkey in August of said 2014 hell year, and the abrupt shock to my system gave me a permanent anxiety and depression disorder. I was pretty anxious and sadboi to begin with, but after the shock to my system from going cold turkey, it got amplified like 1000x and now I can hardly hold a conversation or leave the house unless I'm on drugs or something. To this day! 4 years later! GOOD STUFF, drinking is great & life is but a dream @_@

A hate to keep saying this but try rso oil and or CBD
Gentleman ninja warlock

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2018, 09:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

CBD rules! Will look into "rso oil", I have never heard of it!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2018, 09:44:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

CBD rules! Will look into "rso oil", I have never heard of it!

It's just a crude term for "rick Simpson's oil".

There are other cleaner options but if you want cannabis main health benefits its def. The way to go
Gentleman ninja warlock

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »
Oh and I forgot to mention, despite my insane drinking problem in 2014, nowadays I can drink like a normal person. It's pretty cool. Got other fuckin' problems, though!

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2018, 01:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I generally start drinking by 2 or so in the afternoon and end up somewhere between 6-10 tall cans each day. Then when I go out/hang out with friends I'll get activated and drink way more.  Longest (by far) I've gone without it in ten years was around 9 months. I'm at that point where I'm feeling weird physically and anxious all the time and then repeating the cycle to make myself feel better.  My financial situation is always fucked and skating is feeling worse and worse.  I'm gonna try to do two weeks off then see if I can hold myself to 3 days a week but based on the past I don't know if I can balance it out.  I'll keep checking in on this thread to see how dudes are doing.
[close]

The longest I've been able to do is 11 days. For whatever reason, day 3 is always the hardest.  Weird thing was last night I had a dream I was trying to get beer from a store before they closed and I succeeded.  Then I woke out all bummed on myself.  After I realized it was a dream I was pretty psyched.  Then later today I started trying to rationalize having a desire.  "Well it's been three days, I should celebrate." 
I left work a little early and drove home before I could do anything stupid.

I'm glad I was not bad enough to where I had to worry about DTs or anything.

Way to make it through.  Still holding up?

On day 3 right now and I definitely want a beer.  Trying to use money-saving and "getting in shape" for motivation.  Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while which was nice.  Was hoping for a boost in energy right away but have still just been feeling lethargic, anxious and bummed. 

wheee!

calvinsdream

« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »
I don't know if it's considered as an alcoholic, but I was definitely a problem drinker for more years than not. When I worked as a bouncer 10-12 drinks a night was considered pretty normal, and when I moved and got a different job I still was pounding 3-6 a night, sometimes in replacement of dinner (a poorly thought out plan to lose weight, although it worked). It generally made me over emotional, moody, and looking like shit, plus usually vomiting 1-2 a month.

After I got out of a bad relationship I actually toned down my alcohol use to once a week about a year ago, if that. I've been really cautious about drinking in excess. I'm realizing that since I'm in a better mood overall now it doesn't have the same affect on me now maybe?

According to my lady the only couple of times I've been real drunk I started speaking only in spanish, which seems pretty harmless.

Now I'm just making sure not to drink to try and escape reality (that's what weed is for) and I've only had one actual hangover in the last year, and that was from a trip to New Orleans.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2018, 02:54:48 PM »
damn calvinsdream, 12 beers and you're bouncing? you're prolly more wasted than the gentlemen you're dragging outside.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1535
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2018, 04:00:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I generally start drinking by 2 or so in the afternoon and end up somewhere between 6-10 tall cans each day. Then when I go out/hang out with friends I'll get activated and drink way more.  Longest (by far) I've gone without it in ten years was around 9 months. I'm at that point where I'm feeling weird physically and anxious all the time and then repeating the cycle to make myself feel better.  My financial situation is always fucked and skating is feeling worse and worse.  I'm gonna try to do two weeks off then see if I can hold myself to 3 days a week but based on the past I don't know if I can balance it out.  I'll keep checking in on this thread to see how dudes are doing.
[close]

The longest I've been able to do is 11 days. For whatever reason, day 3 is always the hardest.  Weird thing was last night I had a dream I was trying to get beer from a store before they closed and I succeeded.  Then I woke out all bummed on myself.  After I realized it was a dream I was pretty psyched.  Then later today I started trying to rationalize having a desire.  "Well it's been three days, I should celebrate." 
I left work a little early and drove home before I could do anything stupid.

I'm glad I was not bad enough to where I had to worry about DTs or anything.
[close]

Way to make it through.  Still holding up?

On day 3 right now and I definitely want a beer.  Trying to use money-saving and "getting in shape" for motivation.  Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while which was nice.  Was hoping for a boost in energy right away but have still just been feeling lethargic, anxious and bummed.

Pretty good.  The anxiety/lethargy/depression is very normal.  I've been taking CBD to chill me out.  I also took 2 sleeping pills the first week just so I could go to sleep easy.  If you go to bed at 9 and get up at 5 or 5:30, you'll be tired naturally then you don't have to take sleeping pills. This is especially true if you are hitting the gym.  I like these too (see below).

https://www.hy-vee.com/grocery/PD45443883/Hy-Vee-HealthMarket-Stress-B-Dietary-Supplement-Caplets

I have also been doing intermittent fasting each day.  I eat a big meal at 12, then another one at like 6 or 7.  Eating 1000 calories at 7 makes you too damn full to even want to drink beer.

Also, watching youtube videos that show people really drunk or going through alcoholism can be helpful too.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
I got a cold and am drinking Emergen-C vodkas

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2018, 04:25:15 PM »
^^^sounds great for a cold haha.  I usually like to run a bunch of hot toddys when I'm sick

Thanks for the tips Pugmaster.  Been wanting to sleep in as late as possible the last few days but I'm gonna try and force myself to get up by 7 tomorrow.  Also bought some of that magnesium calm drink for tonight.  I suck at sleeping

wheee!

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »
I got a cold and am drinking Emergen-C vodkas

I rarely get sick, I think it's from fire-bombing my system with booze every night.

Staying at my mom's tonight, need to find a way to discreetly crack tallboys to put myself to sleep
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »
Made it 5 days without drinking then blacked out last night and ended up throwing up.  Gonna try to go light today then get back on track tomorrow.

wheee!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2018, 03:21:52 PM »
Made it 5 days without drinking then blacked out last night and ended up throwing up.  Gonna try to go light today then get back on track tomorrow.

Progress!
Gentleman ninja warlock

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2018, 08:12:01 PM »
Turns out I got too loaded last night, fell asleep in an awkward position, pinched a nerve in my leg, and now my right foot is temporarily paralyzed for a few weeks.

Naturally, now that I can't skate, I've spent all day in bed drinking.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2018, 08:19:40 PM »
The depression/anxiety and the fucking ~ anhedonia ~ from abstaining from substances is the hardest part, man. You feel like you can't ever have fun again! The "PAWS" (post-acute withdrawal syndrome) can go suck a fucking egg. Any other things you guys like to combat it, besides CBD and the obvious (yet insanely difficult) exercise & healthy eating?

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Progress!

Never forget:

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2018, 08:43:41 PM »
The depression/anxiety and the fucking ~ anhedonia ~ from abstaining from substances is the hardest part, man. You feel like you can't ever have fun again! The "PAWS" (post-acute withdrawal syndrome) can go suck a fucking egg. Any other things you guys like to combat it, besides CBD and the obvious (yet insanely difficult) exercise & healthy eating?

Kratom isn't bad.  I highly recommend buying the empty gelatin capsules to put it in, because it tastes fucking terrible.

Never forget:

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2018, 10:41:36 PM »

High dose thc/CBD  tinctures. Just fuckin sleep it of.

Dmt or mushrooms in full play here as well
Gentleman ninja warlock

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2018, 04:07:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kratom isn't bad.  I highly recommend buying the empty gelatin capsules to put it in, because it tastes fucking terrible.

Oh I've been taking kratom for like 4 years, it doesn't do much for me anymore haha.

Expand Quote
[close]

You can't just sleep PAWS off, it lasts for at least a couple weeks but usually several months :(

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh I've been taking kratom for like 4 years, it doesn't do much for me anymore haha.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You can't just sleep PAWS off, it lasts for at least a couple weeks but usually several months :(

Sleep if of
Gentleman ninja warlock

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »
I enjoyed my PAWS for 2+ years.

Anxiety was so bad I pretty much cried a couple of times. To cope with that shit I developed som OCD-esque tendencies, which led to another set of problems.

Any way, just hang in there and try to do things that are positive to your health and mental state. I'm, by no means, a fanatic of being 100% sober but I had no choice. I'd rather suffer hard than go back to that shit. If you feel like switching to oils and kratom is the only thing preventing you from suicide, go ahead.