Author Topic: Nike SB Am video  (Read 3659 times)

danker peaches

Re: Nike SB Am video
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 10:11:33 PM »
stupid question, but did anyone actually buy nbtt or at least get a chance to check out the montages in the bonus? they have like 5-10 minute montages of skaters from most regions of the US, and then ones for europe, australia and some "gang related" thing. motta and ryan lay are in the west coast montage, torgerson and nathan fantasia are in the midwest one, can't remember anymore. they're all really good.
why don't you upload it for us because no one is buying it

mini greek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 12:01:31 AM »
all i can say is, and i think i speak for everyone when i say this....
NO MORE SKITS OR OTHER BS!

keep it strictly skating, thanks.  
Yeah Nike, I hope you learned last time, you don't need to spend 4 million plus to make a GREAT skate video.  Let the skating speak for itself.  That being said, can't wait to see Brock, Grant, and David Clark.  And Theotis, best dude ever!
Get litty.....

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 06:58:51 AM »
Expand Quote
stupid question, but did anyone actually buy nbtt or at least get a chance to check out the montages in the bonus? they have like 5-10 minute montages of skaters from most regions of the US, and then ones for europe, australia and some "gang related" thing. motta and ryan lay are in the west coast montage, torgerson and nathan fantasia are in the midwest one, can't remember anymore. they're all really good.
[close]
haha i tried but the ripper i use won't do it because it's got some copyright thing on it.

danker peaches

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 08:31:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
haha i tried but the ripper i use won't do it because it's got some copyright thing on it.
use this
http://elliottback.com/wp/how-to-rip-a-dvd-a-tutorial/

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 08:41:24 AM »
they've definitely done some exclusive filming trips for the nike vid. like, a TON of them. the mexico one was last and grant got hurt pretty bad, and brock hurt his ankle again. i don't think the nike part'll have any effect on grants alien part (or any of the other fellas for that matter) they took separate trips for the footage. greg hunt came and filmed him for that stuff separately. david's been doing some crazy stuff lately and his style is just maturing so much.

this year is going to be the illest for video drops. starting with mindfield. so psyched.

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 08:47:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I hope this shit isn't going to be HD.
[close]

do you know what HD is? it doesnt mean slow motion and dramatic editing, it just means more lines of resolution. its kind of like buying a digital camera with more megapixels. HD footage looks amazing.

He might be mistaken with TD instead of HD.   HD = High Definition.  TD= Ty Definition.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 08:50:30 AM »
I'm quite surprised if this isn't going to be a very straight forward skate video. Definitely looking forward to this.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 09:41:11 AM »

By the way, why did the Brazil team have a part in the actual video, where as all of the rest regional teams were in the bonus section? I've always been wondering about that. They must sell a shitload of Nikes in Brazil.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 03:37:58 PM »
they've definitely done some exclusive filming trips for the nike vid. like, a TON of them. the mexico one was last and grant got hurt pretty bad, and brock hurt his ankle again. i don't think the nike part'll have any effect on grants alien part (or any of the other fellas for that matter) they took separate trips for the footage. greg hunt came and filmed him for that stuff separately. david's been doing some crazy stuff lately and his style is just maturing so much.

this year is going to be the illest for video drops. starting with mindfield. so psyched.

The latest Barcelona clip on the SB site was cool.  The vid's gonna be cool.

gub!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 05:29:08 PM »
ah cool

biggums mcgee

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

By the way, why did the Brazil team have a part in the actual video, where as all of the rest regional teams were in the bonus section? I've always been wondering about that. They must sell a shitload of Nikes in Brazil.

I was just watching this shit last night, and just to re-confirm my thoughts Dan Pensyl FUCKING KILLS. I hope that guy is given his fair share of time in this video.

Jsoeung

• Rep: -1
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 06:09:25 PM »
I remember seeing Daryl Angel in one of them
He had  probaly the most footage in it
Check him out hes really good

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 09:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think it was the only region that didn't have riders in other parts. like they wouldn't put the west coast in the actual video because then you would see two daryl angel sections, etc. i may be wrong but i think that's why. i'll try to rip the west and midwest sections sometime this week, but i'm busy because next week is finals. if not tomorrow or friday, then the weekend. someone remind me though.

frisco

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 10:07:48 PM »
Apparently they are mixing the tricks with the skits this time, so you can't fast forward them or skip them

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 10:58:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i think it was the only region that didn't have riders in other parts. like they wouldn't put the west coast in the actual video because then you would see two daryl angel sections, etc. i may be wrong but i think that's why. i'll try to rip the west and midwest sections sometime this week, but i'm busy because next week is finals. if not tomorrow or friday, then the weekend. someone remind me though.

They could've moved that entire Brazil section over to the bonus features.  That way the "movie" would've been much shorter.

Baby Rabies

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 12:27:39 PM »
I'm hyped for this vid to premiere but I'm gonna be so bummed if it's all full of skits again.