Author Topic: Final Flare easter eggs, let's go  (Read 8863 times)

no one you know

Re: Final Flare easter eggs, let's go
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
I haven't put it in my computer yet, but I don't know about you guys, the documentary has tons of alternate angles and all of the slow mo shit in regular motion, there is a huge montage at the beginning of the fucking documentary of all the slow mo shit in regular motion. All the clips in the documentary are alternate angels and there is no slow mo. Basically every trick they filmed, they had 2-3 other cameras at the spot, so you can figure it out. The unused section was sick, one trick in it is carroll doing some super fast bs feeble grind up some slanted metal edge of a truck or loading dock some shit it is fucking bonkers, in a line. I'm pretty sure there is no blu ray cut of fully flared, the blu ray shit is a whole new video that has other footage besides the documentary and unused footage, and is super stoney and sick, like guy's bs tailslide on some brick bank to curve ledge underneath a freeway, it was in an interview. This box set is perfect for getting drunk/stoned watching skate videos, get it.

Corey Quinn

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »
so the blue ray disk has a bunch of other shit on it and isnt just a blue ray copy of the video? weak that means i have to go to a friends house and watch it if i get it

no one you know

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 04:42:53 PM »
so the blue ray disk has a bunch of other shit on it and isnt just a blue ray copy of the video? weak that means i have to go to a friends house and watch it if i get it

Theres an SD version of whats on the blu ray disk on disk 2. But the blu ray is so sick. About the price, this is kind of random, but I was at best buy last night, and the only 3 disc DVD box set that was under $50 was Star Wars. So for 3 discs its a good deal, but disc 1 is just the og version of fully flared, so I can see why you might not want to get it, but blu rays are $30 anyways, so to me it seems fine. If you have a blu ray player go get it for sure.

lurk daddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 06:19:29 PM »
i feel dumb asking this question, but wtf is blue ray. whats the difference between a regular dvd and blue ray?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 07:47:20 AM by lurk daddy »
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »
blu ray is the new platform that you need a new player for. I feel the DVD was worth my $50, mind you i live in canada and most videos are around $30 anyway. but, its got beware of the flare and all the other tour vids theyve made. theyre probably all on the internet, but i like having them on dvd. the unused footage was really sick and the booklet were sick too, but i thought the documentary was kinda boring. saying you already own the video is a weak argument against the price. everyone knew its was gonna happen when there were only 3 or 4 shitty bonus features on the dvd

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 07:40:30 AM »
chocolate needs to quit fucking slacking and put jesus on series status.

they already did that.

wait...what exactly does "series status" mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJWRPaKHxQ
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

no one you know

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 10:40:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Theres an SD version of whats on the blu ray disk on disk 2. But the blu ray is so sick. About the price, this is kind of random, but I was at best buy last night, and the only 3 disc DVD box set that was under $50 was Star Wars. So for 3 discs its a good deal, but disc 1 is just the og version of fully flared, so I can see why you might not want to get it, but blu rays are $30 anyways, so to me it seems fine. If you have a blu ray player go get it for sure.
[close]
Does the blue ray disc have any exclusive shit that isn't in the SD discs? And you said theres an SD version of:
Expand Quote
the blu ray shit is a whole new video that has other footage besides the documentary and unused footage, and is super stoney and sick, like guy's bs tailslide on some brick bank to curve ledge underneath a freeway, it was in an interview. This box set is perfect for getting drunk/stoned watching skate videos, get it.
[close]
Will you please tell me what the title of this video is? Are you talking about the "HD feature to SD" video?

^Yes thats the one I'm pretty sure. The Blu Ray has the weekend at biebels, guys mediacl leave of absents, and a few other things, that aren't new but just uploaded to blu ray. Yeah I don't know why they put all the crap from the internet in the box set, and I don't know why they put in fully flared either. It should have been a 2 disc set. But overall there is a ton of skating in it, you can spend the whole fucking day watching all of it if you like, And your Drehobl sig is super sick by the way. Yeah, I guess those would be my only complaints, them just putting in shit thats already on the web and fully flared, you only buy the box set for the documentary, unused footage, blu ray if you have one, and beware of the flare, and/or if you're stoked on all the web shit in dvd format. So to me disc 1 is completely worthless because everyone either bought fully flared or watches it online, what the fuck then are you suppose to do with disc 1 then of final flare?!?!?! Fucking frisbee?

Anyone know if theres hidden clips? Besides guy's fucking x-ray/skeleton, lol. Wow! Look at his xrays, omg.  ::)

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 06:34:55 PM »
I didn't pay full price, but the Final Flare is pretty fucking good. The HD to SD (aka what is on the Blue Ray disc) is fun to watch. Its all in slo-mo for the most part and there are lots of lifestyle shots. And for what it is that isn't a bad thing. The unused footage is also an hours worth of sick skating. As for the documentary it is what you think it is. Some interesting things about lakai as a company in there and overall enjoyable. Once my buddy in LA gets his blue ray and fancy TV I'll be sure to bring this on the next visit.

So hate all you want, but the Final Flare is good.

Edit: Wow, I just realized how in inconclusive and inarticulate that was. Sorry I am high as fuck and on these awesome muscle relaxers for my back.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 06:41:43 PM by RightCoastBiased »

bandini

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »
I think it's cool having all the tour videos, etc. on one disk. So much of that stuff I've only seen in shitty compressed google video quality. Plus, I dig having carroll's modus part in flawless digital. Major bonus points for that one.

The documentary is awesome, the unused footage is amazing, the "SD to HD" or whatever is great - that's a measly $34 for what is one hellofa lot of skate content.

I suppose I'd probably feel differently if I was a broke-ass high school kid, but it seems like pretty good bang for the buck to me. And given the obscene amount of money was pumped into the making of a video we all enjoyed the hell out of, it seems regular to bitch about them trying to make a few bucks on it.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »
anyone found the easter eggs the legit way? is it easy enough to just start trying shit?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

og.milk

• Rep: 2
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »
I really really liked the documentary, and the unused footage was fucking rad, loved some of the songs they used for that.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 10:59:52 PM »
the carroll modus part is on the first page of the second disc. highlight the second thing down, i think its beware of the flarre and go right and it should highlight carroll's earlobe. the mike mo old footy is the same thing but on the 4th(?) page

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 08:00:59 AM »
Expand Quote
chocolate needs to quit fucking slacking and put jesus on series status.
[close]

they already did that.

wait...what exactly does "series status" mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJWRPaKHxQ

as in you get a board on each series and not just one-offs.

Hatechild

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 12:02:09 PM »
Since were on Final Flare, this is pretty sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4e_QlmpovU

net lurk

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 01:58:44 PM »
Since were on Final Flare, this is pretty sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4e_QlmpovU
am i a loser because i recognized every clip and knew who each one was?

biggums mcgee

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »
I'm just as happy that I stole Fully Flared from zumiez a year ago, and lent it around to all my friends. I wonder if these companys realize, NO average high school dude has the money to drop on a video, let alone a $50 skateboard.       

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 11:57:54 AM »
anyone found any more easter eggs? or is it just the modus part and mike mo's old footage?