Author Topic: Thrift store scores  (Read 12737 times)

bongboarder420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Thrift store scores
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2018, 01:35:46 AM »
Found a copy of transworld outliers for $5

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »
Bought these on a whim yesterday for 8 bucks

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
Recently found a nice fleece Timberland jacket for $10, also found a copy of Charles Bronson-Complete Discocrappy on CD, I was stoked on that.

I go pretty regularly, usually leave with a couple shirts for work, some books. Not often that I find something really cool. One time I did find a pair of brand new of MJ 3 Lakai/Chocolate collab shoes. They still had the little sticker on the insole. When I tried them on I felt a lump under the insole and when I pulled it out I found someone had stuck an e-cigarette under it. That was weird.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2018, 11:28:33 AM »
Recently found a nice fleece Timberland jacket for $10, also found a copy of Charles Bronson-Complete Discocrappy on CD, I was stoked on that.

I go pretty regularly, usually leave with a couple shirts for work, some books. Not often that I find something really cool. One time I did find a pair of brand new of MJ 3 Lakai/Chocolate collab shoes. They still had the little sticker on the insole. When I tried them on I felt a lump under the insole and when I pulled it out I found someone had stuck an e-cigarette under it. That was weird.

That kids gonna be pissed when he finds out his mom donated his stash shoes. Hahah

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
Didn't cop but

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2018, 01:11:12 AM »
Didn't cop but

Did not cop them loafers? Why not?

playemright

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2018, 03:54:00 AM »
Shoulda copped for the mantle piece.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2018, 06:27:34 AM »
few pairs of old skools for under a tenner
pair of airmax 90s £15
some blue coach jacket £7
xl discharge tee £10
a few old gpus i have no use for but like the aesthetics and keep them as set pieces

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2018, 07:36:15 AM »
I got a pair of Pro Authentics brand-new for 9.99, and I got a brand new Hugo Montenegro western vinyl for 50 cents.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2018, 08:36:55 AM »
got an old boom box at a flea market for $12 - the guy wanted $20 but i talked him down saying i had to put $8 of batteries in it -- i googled it and the model was going for 250ish on ebay but I kept it and eventually someone knocked it off a shelf at a house party and destroyed the thing

one of the goodwill here gets damaged box goods from target, they had a brand new PS4 for $125 a few years ago

haven't been thrifting enough lately.. i love hunting through peoples junk but my wife hates it. im slowly working in the angle of antique furniture to get her interested

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2018, 03:06:52 PM »
Probably my best find was a banjolele from the 1930s that I got for next to nothing at a Salvation Army second hand store. A well built instrument in good shape, and with a hard case.
I also once found a really cheap Hammond spinet organ, with a built in Leslie speaker, that was cool. I had to get rid of the organ when I moved to a smaller apartment in a new town though.

There are often decent analog cameras at thrift stores and flea markets too, my favorites that I've gotten are a Pentax ME Super and a few nice lenses to go with it, an Olympus XA4, and a Meopta Flexaret II for medium format film.