Author Topic: newnews.  (Read 11891 times)

clientele.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
newnews.
« on: July 19, 2006, 02:41:13 PM »
Bastien officially off Flip. Kenny Hughes off Zoo York. Bobby Worrest fully on eS. Altamont Clothing is a new clothes company through Sole Tech, fronted by Andrew Reynolds with Bryan Herman on the team and art by Heroin Skateboard's founder, Fos- here's a video link. Kyle Berard on Bueno. Matt Bennet on Fallen shoes. Cooper Wilt pro at Almost. Erik Ellington and Jim Greco starting sunglasses company. After being on the Colbert Report; Tony Hawk will be on NPR's "all things considered" this coming monday.

uhh kyle berard on bueno? kenny huge off zoo?

what are your guys' thoughts?

SLAP is for the haters.

liquid swords

• Rep: 6
Re: newnews.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »
zoo yorks new vid: FORE and friends 2

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »
im holding my breath for the greco/ellington handbag line coming out next spring
hardly art, hardly starving

Mizzark

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »
kyle berard ugh sunglasses gross tony hawk who cares

worrest should be sick on es, I have no idea where hughes will go

fuckingvegan

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »
Hughes is one of those dudes who kills it but never put out a full part so most people have no clue.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 03:17:31 PM »
Bastien off flip - CONFIRMED

Danny

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 03:31:54 PM »
more like FORE and 2 Friends

mbl88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • gyno doing a skaterz trcik
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 03:52:39 PM »
zing
Jeff Baldwin is the next Guy Mariano

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 03:54:39 PM »
the word play boggles my mind.
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

sleeeping

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 05:38:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

YOU ARE THE NEW GUB
no but really that was the first time ive laughed out loud on slap in a while.

Mizzark

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 06:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahahha

mesh

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 07:05:13 PM »
Hughes is one of those dudes who kills it but never put out a full part so most people have no clue.

Element Third Eye View... Or are you talking about in the past  5 years.

Vauxhall

• Rep: 0
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 07:09:55 PM »
Wow, I never knew they had Bastien under the axe.  Kinda shocking. He's an ass and all but a damned good skater.  Cruel but a proper move I guess

I missed the thread...d'oh
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:19:26 PM by Vauxhall »

bon jovi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 07:37:45 PM »
Kenny killed the dirty south seek/destroy.

mbl88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • gyno doing a skaterz trcik
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 10:09:21 PM »
word
Jeff Baldwin is the next Guy Mariano

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 10:55:10 PM »
Man  ZOO is goin down the drain, Been a while since i seen somebody skate one.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 03:33:27 AM »
don't worry there's still enough dirtbags buying their t-shirts to keep em afloat

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 04:06:24 AM »
Hmmm, not sure where Hughes will go, what about something like Popwar due to his flat mate ? or Bueno i could see that, maybe a Santa Curz potential as well

Or not, he's been wondering around in the ether of not sponsered/no coverage for a while

Greco and Ellingtons sunglasses range - seriosuly how fucking cares

Same with Reynolds clothing line

(2 more things in skateboarding not to care about)

Bastien - he's go enough comp money for him and his brother to retire, actually now he's not on Flip it'll be interesting to see if his brother actually try's to get a real sponser as he didn't need to before as Batien just sent him packages from Flip. . . .

Interesting

So what's up with York is he on or off Chocolate, that's never been confirmed
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Self-Educated

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 05:31:41 AM »
Bastien could be totally sponsoreless and still live off of skating because when he skate's a contest, he usually pulls out a top 3 finish. So I dunno which way he'll go.

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 07:12:43 AM »
Is Bastien's brother good at skating or is he just leeching off his brother's talents?

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 07:38:29 AM »
Is Bastien's brother good at skating or is he just leeching off his brother's talents?

No his brother is seriously rad, skated with in Barca pertty much for a straight 4 months, really nice guy, super chilled, the best fakie flips i've seen, totally decent guy, i didn't know who he was, till Milan (one a Croation local MACBA kid i hung out with alot) was speaking to him about his brother, the is sort of clicked, but, yeah he basically said he wasn't interested in being sponsered as Bastian was paying for a flat in Barca for them, and sent him packages from Flip and Vans.

When Bastien turned up he'd just won a shit load of comps, he was actually pretty mellow, skated so fucking consitent, his brother hadn't seen him in like 9 months or something and was freaking about how much he'd improved, then his brother got all amped and him and Bastien started trying shit loads of stuff it was really funny watching them skate together - it's all in the shoulders for those backside flips hahaha (that had to be the quote of the night)

Anyway point was his borther fucking rad, and wasn't interested in sponsership at all, he was happy with what his borther sent him, got a few Flip boards off his bro super cheap to, basically for a smoke and some booze, which was rad

sleeeping

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »

Interesting

York and gino are 100% off  chocolate. Confirmed by the rep. New wallride catalog is out next week, no boards or mention of either.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 08:29:57 AM »
Expand Quote

Interesting

[close]

York and gino are 100% off  chocolate. Confirmed by the rep. New wallride catalog is out next week, no boards or mention of either.

Ahh so the 20 pages of Gino were worth it ?

And that one about York ?

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 12:22:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No his brother is seriously rad, skated with in Barca pertty much for a straight 4 months, really nice guy, super chilled, the best fakie flips i've seen, totally decent guy, i didn't know who he was, till Milan (one a Croation local MACBA kid i hung out with alot) was speaking to him about his brother, the is sort of clicked, but, yeah he basically said he wasn't interested in being sponsered as Bastian was paying for a flat in Barca for them, and sent him packages from Flip and Vans.

When Bastien turned up he'd just won a shit load of comps, he was actually pretty mellow, skated so fucking consitent, his brother hadn't seen him in like 9 months or something and was freaking about how much he'd improved, then his brother got all amped and him and Bastien started trying shit loads of stuff it was really funny watching them skate together - it's all in the shoulders for those backside flips hahaha (that had to be the quote of the night)

Anyway point was his borther fucking rad, and wasn't interested in sponsership at all, he was happy with what his borther sent him, got a few Flip boards off his bro super cheap to, basically for a smoke and some booze, which was rad

Thats so rad man I bet it was gnarly to watch those two just skating and hanging. Must be something in their genes, but they definitely have the talent. I can only imagine how easily they were throwing tricks down.

relaxedmoon

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 12:45:29 PM »
Zoo York SUCKS. Its funny how a Company that used to have the dopest skaters from NY now has the wackest ones, Anthony Shetler ewwwwwww. There new team will be gone in no Time and we can all make way For SHUT and Official

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 01:45:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thats so rad man I bet it was gnarly to watch those two just skating and hanging. Must be something in their genes, but they definitely have the talent. I can only imagine how easily they were throwing tricks down.

HA - yeah it was funny to watch, you can see his brother "learns" trick and then practices them till he's got them down, Bastien just did them then explained how to do them (like that helps)

But seriously next time you do a backside flip, keep your shoulders over your nose and tail, and swing them, it's in the shoulders, it's hard to type what i actually mean hahaha, but yeah the shoulders

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »
Zoo York SUCKS. Its funny how a Company that used to have the dopest skaters from NY now has the wackest ones, Anthony Shetler ewwwwwww. There new team will be gone in no Time and we can all make way For SHUT and Official

damn dude, im backing the Official, and the SHUT, but your not even gonna throw 5-Boro in there, fist thing i think when i hear or think NYC skating is 5-BORO, all those dudes at 5 are shredders
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

mikefork

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 07:01:02 PM »
hus might not be going to adidas after all from what fos was talking about when he was here a month and a half ago, thought it was only proper to put it in this

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 08:01:08 AM »
5boro Is a sick company for sure, But I wouldnt really consider them an NYC company, Though thats the main image. There team has two people from NY, Bryon Winfrey and Danny Falla, The rest are from all over the place.  Steve Rodriguez is rad
They may not be from but with the exception of Charlie Wilkins they all live there and skate ther on the daily, and yes Rodriguez is rad, Pensyl kills it, and Barnes is underated nobody knows but they should!
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

soonbanned

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 01:28:48 PM »
Bump