Author Topic: Mind Field Spoilers: The Hour Is Here  (Read 133715 times)

Pavementi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mind Field Spoilers: The Hour Is Here
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2009, 10:24:23 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks Animal Collective are shite?

No. I don't get them (or at least why everyone else does) either.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2009, 10:26:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just realized I'm the only person not hyped for this. Habitat shits on alien workshop as far as I'm concerned.
[close]

get over yourself, COTG

i'm not that excited about it, either. just heath really.
[close]
how can you not be excited for a new arto part?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dinosaur jr.?

hopefully.
[close]

custom made songs

[close]
seriously? custom made songs kill skate videos.
[close]

with the obvious exception of TK/Fly Society and Peter Smolik's horrendous bullshit from Fulfill the Dream.

and of course, the forthcoming Plan B video--100% JR Blastoff. it's truly the "hot fyaaah, son"

Can't forget Get Familier wack ass song. I give a pass to James Craigs song though....
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

norrin radd

• Rep: -1
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just realized I'm the only person not hyped for this. Habitat shits on alien workshop as far as I'm concerned.
[close]

get over yourself, COTG

i'm not that excited about it, either. just heath really.
[close]
how can you not be excited for a new arto part?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dinosaur jr.?

hopefully.
[close]

custom made songs

[close]
seriously? custom made songs kill skate videos.
[close]

with the obvious exception of TK/Fly Society and Peter Smolik's horrendous bullshit from Fulfill the Dream.

and of course, the forthcoming Plan B video--100% JR Blastoff. it's truly the "hot fyaaah, son"
[close]

Can't forget Get Familier wack ass song. I give a pass to James Craigs song though....

i think the majority, if not all, of menikmati was custom songs

ThatOneDude

• Rep: -26
    • My MYSPACE! avatar image
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2009, 10:32:17 AM »
YEAH! 8)
I was going to try to find a reason to talk shit, but then I felt kind of guilty. I mean.... damn..... these kids are trying to skateboard in Utah....
-Dr.Newton

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »
Kalis had my favorite part, he's still bring ing the heat. Other than that I really liked Arto's, Tyler's, and Jake Johnson's part. Heath's was good too, but when the video was over I was the still the  most hyped on the Kalis part.

Se7en

• Rep: 2
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »
Kalis had my favorite part, he's still bring ing the heat. Other than that I really liked Arto's, Tyler's, and Jake Johnson's part. Heath's was good too, but when the video was over I was the still the  most hyped on the Kalis part.

Is there a premiere or release in Barcelona? I picked a bad week to be in Europe...

translations123

• Rep: 0
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
Just some random hungover thoughts after seeing the video last night.....

Overall I really enjoyed the video... I thought end to end there was as much solid and creative skating a video could possibly have and that the music was interesting. If you like Animal Collective and Dinosaur Jr. you are stoked.

It was a bummer that there were so many super short parts from some of the older dudes... i.e. Berra, Rob, Dill(although I actually liked Dill's part).

Omar's part was rad and fun to watch, great way to open the video

Dylan's part was kind of the sleeper banger of the video for me.. Maybe the Elliot Smith song he skated to made his part seem more mellow but the dude has so much flow and solid clean trick selection. His line and single trick in the Griffith Park ditch was sick.

Jake and Tyler are rad. I am a bitter old man but these kids rip hard and are on some next level new shit.

I have always liked Mikey Taylor and his part was solid but it just didn't grab me and got the least claps/props of any part.

Arto is amazing and still one of my all time favs.. wish his part was a tad bit longer but loved it.. Man, he got broke off... as always.

Never been a huge Kalis fan but have always had massive respect for him and it only grew after this part. The guy is still putting it down so hard.

AVE was the surprise of the video for me. I had heard a lot of things about this dude over the last few years and had no idea he was still killing it this hard and pushing his skating forward.

Everyone knows it but Heath is truly a beast among men. His speed and power and level of commitment is unreal. And yes his ender is mind siiick.

Much respect to the Workshop

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »
is there a reason no one's mentioning grants part? i read the whole thread and maybe two mentions. no specifics. i haven't seen it yet, but i will soon, just wanted to hear an objective opinion or two or three first as he's my friend and i tend to be biased on shit like that. any reactions?

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »
is there a reason no one's mentioning grants part? i read the whole thread and maybe two mentions. no specifics. i haven't seen it yet, but i will soon, just wanted to hear an objective opinion or two or three first as he's my friend and i tend to be biased on shit like that. any reactions?

k

No kidding.  I thought for sure Grantlanta would have the opener and just destroy everything.

sal23

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
Thought this would be useful in here...

MareVitals

« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2009, 12:21:51 PM »
-van engelen's skates to 'kids of the black hole'

that song was used in emerica yellow weird they would use it again especially that there are so many other songs by that band
I'm hyped on this
perfect fit
yellow sucked anyway

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »
Which Elliott Smith song did Dylan use, and how short was Dills part?

In other news: Someone give a better Jake Johnson rundown...

I'm stoked on Omar opening and heath closing. I felt for sure one of them would close it, so it makes sense the other gets the opener...

shredorbread

• Rep: -12
  • bring back the manchester
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »
cant wait for this shit. another fully flared level of excitement.

alienlurkshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2009, 12:29:28 PM »
jake fakie heel banks 9?
what dino jr songs?
cant wait till tuesday fuuuck
RIP Van

sweatloaf

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »
-van engelen's skates to 'kids of the black hole'

that song was used in emerica yellow weird they would use it again especially that there are so many other songs by that band

Jason Adams had it in the Scarecrow video, too

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2009, 12:43:19 PM »
people need to stop using that shit dinosaur jr band. there shit sucks
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
people need to stop using that shit dinosaur jr band. there shit sucks
HAHAHAHAH Lurk daddy is the best poster. After me, of course.

Nibbler

• Rep: 8
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2009, 12:45:42 PM »
grant is a little bastard in the best possible way. he skates fast and mean. does big airs, gaps, rails. dude kills everything. not the most technical shit ever, but dude is raw. one of my favorite parts for sure.

arto, kirchart and ave all had slams that were fucking incredible. heath gets so pissed, it's awesome. workshop always knows how to throw falls into a part and somehow even though they'd be day enders for me or my buddies, those dudes just get up and handle shit. it rules.

jake's got a lot of new york footage. pretty raw street shit but he throws in some technical mindfucks too. dude's got pop and isn't afraid to use it. he hit a couple ledges off stairs that looked about hip high off the top step. his part made me say goddamn repeatedly. glad skating is producing people like him.

like someone said, wish arto's part was longer, but he wasn't fucking around. no bullshit clips in his part whatsoever. strictly business.

kirchart is a manimal. if his emerica part is half as good as his workshop part there's no way he's not going to get skater of the year or a bunch of tws awards.

COMMUNITYPACK

« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »
grant is a little bastard in the best possible way. he skates fast and mean. does big airs, gaps, rails. dude kills everything. not the most technical shit ever, but dude is raw. one of my favorite parts for sure.

arto, kirchart and ave all had slams that were fucking incredible. heath gets so pissed, it's awesome. workshop always knows how to throw falls into a part and somehow even though they'd be day enders for me or my buddies, those dudes just get up and handle shit. it rules.

jake's got a lot of new york footage. pretty raw street shit but he throws in some technical mindfucks too. dude's got pop and isn't afraid to use it. he hit a couple ledges off stairs that looked about hip high off the top step. his part made me say goddamn repeatedly. glad skating is producing people like him.

like someone said, wish arto's part was longer, but he wasn't fucking around. no bullshit clips in his part whatsoever. strictly business.

kirchart is a manimal. if his emerica part is half as good as his workshop part there's no way he's not going to get skater of the year or a bunch of tws awards.

good to hear!

jake fakie heel banks 9?
what dino jr songs?
cant wait till tuesday fuuuck

I love that your name, picture and general excitement all combine into the ultimate fan boy NYCentric hype! I mean that in a good way too. Good taste goes a long way.

And I hear you on the 3rd... should be amazing.

FranklinSt4Ever

• Rep: 5
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2009, 01:00:39 PM »
what song did kalis skate to?

scumalot

• Rep: -14
  • kook away bro
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »
does anyone know if the premier version is the same version that will be for sale. super siked to get it should be at the shop friday. mostly want to see ave & omars part but doesnt sound like theres a bad part in the whole thing. more details without major spoilers anyone?

COMMUNITYPACK

« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »
WARNING: Some spoilers in this:

(From Transworld)

"As the lights start dimming and video began to play, the first thing I remember hearings was that J Mascis guitar riff that Alien has become synonymous for from back in the day. And then Omar’s part. Amazing. His last trick is the monstrous 50-50 from his Analog ad, but he had to pop out mid-ledge and then ollie the last set of stairs. Skating to a Dinosuar Jr. song, and some incidental appearances of J Mascis, made for the perfect intro to what we were about to witness.

Here’s a little more of what I can remember for last night and what made for some good Civic talk on the way home. In no particular order…

The ams literally killed it. I must have heard Jake Johnson’s name mentioned a hundred times while walking out the theater. Tyler Bledsoe’s gap to back tail kickflip out a second gap from his Fourstar ad was in there too as well as some over seriously solid and all-bolts skating. And Grant Taylor is skating bumps to the top of chain link fence doors. Wow.

Arto Saari got one of the heaviest crowd reactions when his name appeared on screen. He took one of the gnarliest slams I’ve seen in a long time right at the beginning of his part and then just straight bangers from there on out, including that back lip down the double set kinker.

It’s always good to see Steve Berra and Rob Dyrdek putting out parts with everything else they’ve been doing for skateboarding off the board. They were a tad short, but they still got it. They really do.

Josh Kalis was another still putting out a solid part. Pushing to a hip hop song, it was a good mix up from the Dinosaur Jr./Animal Collective-ish sounds. Still with one of the best 360 flips you’ll ever witness, Kalis came through once again. A nollie big-spin back noseblnt anybody?

Mikey Taylor had a lot of footage. A lot of good footage. He only gets better with time, still holds on to his style of skateboarding, but the spots are bigger and the tricks are harder. I still love how he sits on his grinds. Like a crooks. Like in this video. You’ll see what I mean.

Dylan Rieder. So much style, obviously, and so much talent. The way to catches and puts down his last trick is unreal. I coulda had that one on repeat for hours.

So who’s left? AVE and Heath. Both completely annihilate everything and anything. I felt like a 12 year old boy after getting slapped in the face by these two. Words can’t even do these two parts justice. AVE skating and doing tricks with some Guy Mariano influence, but still doing them like a beast on big ass ledges and rails. And Heath, skating to Morrissey I might add, kept it classic Heath in all the right ways. Everything he does just gets gnarlier and gnarlier as the part goes on and how does he end it? Well, I’m not going to tell you.

And yes. Heath has last part."

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2009, 01:33:03 PM »
tws forget dill?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

sal23

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
heaths ender is on youtube :(
luckily its horrid quality

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2009, 01:38:53 PM »
What Morrissey did heath skate to?

the_knife_song

• Rep: 28
  • !!!
    • Adrenalin Shop avatar image
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2009, 01:45:38 PM »
What Morrissey did heath skate to?

hahahahaha!!!

when dvd is coming out?

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »
heath's opening park hip alley oop leans (fs and bs) must be like 10 feet out. insane.
his gap slam reminded me of the kf slam he had on that jamie welcome to hell set.
shakka...
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »
Some of those transworld pics are epic

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2009, 01:57:48 PM »
i want that hat!
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

qbert

• Rep: 5
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2009, 01:58:48 PM »