Author Topic: Moving to SF  (Read 1873 times)

adumb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Moving to SF
« on: February 03, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »
Planning a move to SF this coming summer/fall. Im still in the early part of the plan, what areas are pretty dope to live in, which ones suck?

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Moving to SF
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »
Don't live in bay view/hunters point.

What's your price range for rents?

Twitch247

• Administrator
  • Rep: 18009
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:01:56 AM »
Don't live in bay view/hunters point.

What's your price range for rents?
Dude it's ghetto in the HP, but then again this is where Thrasher and SLAP are located, I drive here everyday, not too bad, and I know people who live here, I live in the Upper Richmond Area.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
the eastern part of the Mission district/Bernal heights/ potrero hill area. Kind of out of the way of mainstream SF living, so its cheap, but its right in the middle of where a lot is going on right now skatewise- Potrero Park, the mission skateshop, and Pop's are all right nearby. Bernal and Potrero have some sick hill shit.
No offense to twitch or anybody else living in the area, but I would recommend against the sunset and richmond, kind of far out there, constantly foggy and shitty. Its cheap, but its kind of disconnected from a lot of the city.
Oh, and I can understand the drive to live in SF proper, but a good chunk of living there outside of skating is a huge pain in the ass. I moved to SF despite it because I didn't grow up dreaming of moving to the bay, I dreamed of SF. But recently I moved to West Oakland, and although its not the safest place in the world, its so much less of a hassle
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Twitch247

• Administrator
  • Rep: 18009
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »
the eastern part of the Mission district/Bernal heights/ potrero hill area. Kind of out of the way of mainstream SF living, so its cheap, but its right in the middle of where a lot is going on right now skatewise- Potrero Park, the mission skateshop, and Pop's are all right nearby. Bernal and Potrero have some sick hill shit.
No offense to twitch or anybody else living in the area, but I would recommend against the sunset and richmond, kind of far out there, constantly foggy and shitty. Its cheap, but its kind of disconnected from a lot of the city.
Oh, and I can understand the drive to live in SF proper, but a good chunk of living there outside of skating is a huge pain in the ass. I moved to SF despite it because I didn't grow up dreaming of moving to the bay, I dreamed of SF. But recently I moved to West Oakland, and although its not the safest place in the world, its so much less of a hassle
No offense taken haha, it is fucking far from everything about the only good thing is there is good food out there, but yeah it is away from everything.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 05:43:04 PM »
Yeah, its got clement street, some cool hill route/ sidewalk spots, the presidio and golden gate park going for it, its just out there still. I like richmond better than sunset.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

era

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 01:24:04 PM »
Try to live right beside golden boys pizza.

HGDhero

• Rep: 32
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 03:00:34 PM »

Yeah for sure outter mission, bernal, potero best areas to live. I live off mission and college, so super close to everything but also chill safe neighborhood, prety low key, and lots of dog parks, little stores etc...Castro is pretty safe but expensive and ya know. but all good. Lower haight, Western areas good spots to look as well. SF like any major city is pretty pricey, but good deals to be had.
Stay up on craigslist, usually good stuff pops up, but can get snagged pretty quick. Best to save as much money as possible on moving out here, cause alot of landlords, want huge depo, plus 1st and last sometimes.  My last place(which sucked and was pretty ghetto) wanted to see my bank statements and also gave me a hard time about not having a job lined up before i even moved here from the East coast? Luckly just stayed off the lease and my girlfriend was out here, and handle it. Anyway man good luck on moving here, its a great city.