Author Topic: going to nyc in june  (Read 1052 times)

eseholmes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
going to nyc in june
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »
im going to nyc with the girl in june for 5 days. gonna try to not do the usual tourist shit, with some exceptions. was wondering if anyone can kick down a good spot to catch a sick jazz show, good food, a good bar with no jersey boys, or douchebags.whats a sick skate shop to go check out. and for my brother i wanna take pics of some sick graffiti any cool spots to go check that shit out?and also some cool shopping spots for both guys/girls maybe. thanks.

Tomkins Square Park Bench

• Rep: 2
  • I'm Green. Sometimes I have wet paint on me.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: going to nyc in june
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 03:02:49 PM »
Charlestons on Bedford and North 7th in Brooklyn.

Free personal pie of pizza a drink order.

Check out KCDC thats 5 blocks away.

Take the 7 train from Bryant park into Queens and once you get over into around Queensbridge you'll see some sick rooftop stuff.

Uniqlo on Spring and Broadway

Beacon's Closet next to KCDC for your chick.

Yuppies are worst then Jersey Boys.  You'll eat your words on that.

Epsteins on Monday for 25 cent wings. Skater crowds hangs out there.  Stanton and Allen street.  Walk down on first avenue from Tomkins area and its under Delancey.

enjoy.

eseholmes

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 03:14:16 PM »
thanks for that man.any deals for subways.like passes for a couple days? how much they running?also any cool neighborhoods to scope out? like chinatowns, lil havanas, cuba etc? and we wanna see this and1 street steez ball playing go down where  can we see that?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:31:58 PM by eseholmes »

Tomkins Square Park Bench

• Rep: 2
  • I'm Green. Sometimes I have wet paint on me.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 05:14:13 PM »
i dont know what you mean about steez ball. But if you mean basketball then go to Rucker park on 155th and frederick douglass blvd.

and i forgot to mention uni qlo is a japanese plained clothes american apparel type bullshit. so if your thug, probably just go to the Ecko warhouse on 21st and 6th ave.

Subway cost 7 a day is 25

14 day is 47.    Both these will get you unlimeted bus and subway swipes, 15 minute wait until you can swipe again though.

neighborhoods.- Little Italy and Chinatown near Canal street.  Harlem i guess over abovee 110th . The Cotton Club was still up last time i was there.  Williamsburg - Hipster nieghborhood. Greenpoint is down the road. Its little Poland.....if your down for perogies or some rad bakeries.

Financial district is touristy, as is 5th ave and Central park . An apple store and FAO Schwartz are there. I think the piano is up from the movie Big.

LES is where you can blow lots of your money on drinks.

If you like getting trippy go to The Musuem of Natural History and get tickets to the Planetarium to see Cosmic Collisions. I'm going saturday to get mind blown. That place is fucking rad.

eseholmes

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:42:15 AM »
how was the cosmic collisions shit? how much is it by the way? damn cant wait to go nyc

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 05:58:52 AM »
Charlestons on Bedford and North 7th in Brooklyn.

Free personal pie of pizza a drink order.

this place rules. good crowd