Author Topic: wORST INJURIES?  (Read 7096 times)

yoyoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
  • MFS's daughter
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
wORST INJURIES?
« on: July 21, 2006, 08:52:49 PM »
Dont lie cause frankly I'm trying to find out if it's just me or are my injuries common. Despite wanting to prove something to your virtual buddies and growing (INTERNET BALLS) please be honest. Rolled ankles of course but then I had a torn ACL, ligement inside of the knee I was out for 8 months and the worst part is I also streched the graft (replacment) and shattered most of the cartilige (buffer between bones) surrounding the knee, might have another surgerie on it later if it starts to hurt again. Also I broke my scafloid in my wrist falling backwards a friend of mine also broke his scafloid but IT SERIOSLY ISNT HEALING so im gona do something, but your history or thoughts...
slap heads did not get pete eldridge on mystery.
I am a cultereelist not a racist.

SixofSeven

• Rep: -7
Re: wORST INJURIES?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 08:56:20 PM »
how many threads have you made in this short amount of time?
how many of them have to do with asking people about how long shoes last?
Have a glass of shut the fuck up

mbl88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • gyno doing a skaterz trcik
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 09:02:11 PM »
fuck
Jeff Baldwin is the next Guy Mariano

frizz

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »
Have a glass of shut the fuck up
i read that and instantly ran to grab a glass of milk. what the fuck is that?

Mizzark

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 03:04:34 PM »
the worst injury will be when I find you and snap your neck with a shovel

mikefork

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 06:26:22 PM »
the worst injury will be when I find you and snap your neck with a shovel
not if i find him and punch a hole through his chest and rip his heart out first

yoyoyo

• Rep: -64
  • MFS's daughter
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 06:28:24 PM »
There will be plenty of that when the time is right
slap heads did not get pete eldridge on mystery.
I am a cultereelist not a racist.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 09:46:08 PM »
fucked up my kidney once, bones broken, ankles rolled. ooh, gnarly fluid sack in my hip, that wasn't bad, but when it exploded I almost threw up.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »
I tore my ACL, that one hurt more emotionally. My other injury was my board jumped up and my tail sliced my nose(the one on my face, not board) open. I used to bomb a bridge a ton of times on the way to a friends house almost every day which resulted in a sharp tail. I got like 11 stitches and it happened the first week of summer which blew.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 06:21:09 PM »
dislocated shoulder.  didn't seem so bad after the initial pain, but it becomes chronic and gets worse everytime.  still dealing with it almost 20 years after having surgery to correct it. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
Birth.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 08:16:06 PM »
A curb bit my bottom, now my bottom is big.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 08:50:37 PM »
I'm not sure if this is common but when I broke my ribs I could baaarrelly breath for over ten minutes, I could get enough air in to not die but it felt like it was game over.

Yu Dum

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »
Torn ACL when I was 16. I’m going to be 24 in August, and I am very grateful to have been on my parents’ insurance when this shit happened; otherwise, I would’ve never skated again.

Recently, slammed while pushing and slid four feet on my shoulder and hand. Bloody gash on the hand and road rash for my shoulder. Good time.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 09:55:05 PM »
How long shoes last?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 10:17:04 PM »
I fractured my hip joint a few years ago. Done two years worth of physical therapy but it doesn’t seem to be getting any better, still daily pain. On the bright side I’m not inhibited in the activities I can do but it’s started to cause knee and foot pain, too.

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 08:27:28 AM »
I’m 7 weeks into a high ankle sprain... Turns out my fibula was fractured and they missed it on the initial set of X-rays. 3 more weeks to go in a walking boot.

Not the worst injury, but it will be 10 weeks out of action- once it’s all said and done.

All this because of slipping out of a back50 on a tiny park hubba. Being 40+ sucks.

Heavy Lurk

• Rep: 3
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 08:37:48 AM »
I herniated a disc in my back, and had some intense sciatic pain down my right leg, which was painful, and made it extremely weak. Took about 8 months to heal, and about a year before I was skating at somewhat proficient level again. The book, "the bad back book" by Jerry Wayne saved me. 

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 08:46:28 AM »
dislocated shoulder.  didn't seem so bad after the initial pain, but it becomes chronic and gets worse everytime.  still dealing with it almost 20 years after having surgery to correct it.

The same.  I had a full reconstruction.  Four tiny screws put in.  It's come out between 20-30 times since.  I know all the tricks to put it back in myself.  My father pitched baseball in college and taught me stuff like curves and sliders way too young.  The Doctor said that was part of the issue. 

Beside that just normal stuff like hippers and sprained ankles and wrists.  One time I bailed a kickflip, landed on the tail and the board came up, hit me in the face, and split my face/lip open. 

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
I tried to skate a handrail after a few beers too many. Sacked it straight away, my jeans burst and the pull tab on there zipper pierced my dick. ruptured urethra, mad internal bleeding and a gnarled up foreskin. it was brutal, I was pissing blood for a week afterwards.. when the cuts healed the hole was way smaller than it used to be so i couldn't peel back, had to sit down to pee because the way it had healed was like holding a thumb over a running tap.. piss everywhere. now im Jewish ;)

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 12:39:46 PM »
Torn spinal ligament..
The silver lining is that it would make a really edgy band name.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 01:12:46 AM »
Broke my ankle doing a wallie the day before my birthday last year. Broken fibula, dislocated tibia, disconnected ligament. Had a plate and eight screws with the one holding my ligament in place {so it could heal) eventually being taken out. Wasn't able to start walking until the end of May that year and wasn't even able to pop ollies until the end of August. Still a little stiff, plus now my opposite knee is fucked from hopping around on it for six months and now I often have to wear a brace on it.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 04:41:22 AM »
Sacked myself on a rail that was decent sized but board zipped forward instead of jumping off like dudes sometimes can do I credit carded myself slammed frank and beans in one go, my dick was a bit jammed up but my Perineum and sac were def out of commission I pooped blood and couldn't wipe with normal shit tickets for a longtime. ever since then I have a newer deeper appreciation for baby wipes they are the best hands down, 
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 04:46:06 AM »
I tried to skate a handrail after a few beers too many. Sacked it straight away, my jeans burst and the pull tab on there zipper pierced my dick. ruptured urethra, mad internal bleeding and a gnarled up foreskin. it was brutal, I was pissing blood for a week afterwards.. when the cuts healed the hole was way smaller than it used to be so i couldn't peel back, had to sit down to pee because the way it had healed was like holding a thumb over a running tap.. piss everywhere. now im Jewish ;)
I leaned a wee bit too far back and my gooch and sac took the full force yeah my dong got clipped but was bruised vs the brunt force of asshole gooch area had to walk around like that dude from American history X my shit was jacked for months, wasn't feeling it.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

GinosGroceries

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 07:59:28 AM »
I herniated a disc in my back, and had some intense sciatic pain down my right leg, which was painful, and made it extremely weak. Took about 8 months to heal, and about a year before I was skating at somewhat proficient level again. The book, "the bad back book" by Jerry Wayne saved me.

Same here except mine wouldn't heal. Had to have surgery after a year of chronic pain. I'll have to check that book out

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 08:02:51 AM »
broken foot 3 times and one required surgery...was out almost a year. I'm battling a bunion right now on my left foot and it is some of the worst pain I've had. The worst part is I have a pallet of shoes that don't fit right any more :'(

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 07:44:58 PM »
I'm an emotionally stunted man child

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 11:33:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here except mine wouldn't heal. Had to have surgery after a year of chronic pain. I'll have to check that book out
[close]

I broke my left leg twice (at 17 and 27). Had a plate installed both times. Still have the second plate. Was out 6-8 months both times. Almost lost my spleen at 30 when I fell stomach first on my closed fist. Was in the hospital for 5 days.

However, I am really worried that sciatic pain is going to be the death nail on my skateboarding career. I am regular footed and when I ollie I get an shooting pain in my left hip that is unbelievable. My back is fine but my hip is tight and when I move it too quick I see stars. Can someone provide suggestions/help that worked for you? I hate just rolling around with no ability to ollie or kickflip. Thanks.

there's not much you can do in my experience Sciatica is a bitch. a good stretch, some anti inflammatory's and CBD might help..

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 11:59:38 PM »
i had one hell of credit card once. ollieing off a trailer over a little guard rail. clipped the back truck and board fucked me right up the ass. walked around like Ellington after his big spin down carlsbad for a week.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 12:22:49 AM »
I'm an emotionally stunted man child
Which pro are you, who do you ride for?