Author Topic: Ululation (Stereo : A Visual Sound)  (Read 25488 times)

carayol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Ululation (Stereo : A Visual Sound)
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »
Thanks man.
I feel kinda bad that my first post on Slap is like a 411-style Commercial Break, but oh well...

bandini

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »
Great news! Seb, I assume the reissue will be on CD, right? Dumb question probably, but when I hear "double LP" I think vinyl...:)

carayol

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »
No CD, remember this is WAX poetics mag ha ha for all the old farts out ther who still rock the turntable thing. So yup it will be on vynil, BUT available in digital download format as well.

IDAREYOU

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 09:47:35 PM »
wow, I loved that shit, I'd be willing to lay some dollars down for those CDs. props to the OP, whitley, pastras and highlyann for taking time to do all this. you guys are all awesome. Slap is blowing minds.

Gest

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 10:00:18 PM »
things like these are the reason i stay here

carayol

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:38 AM »
Hey IDAREYOU : just to make things clear and again, they won't be a CD. Just vinyl and download.

_Seb

IDAREYOU

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 08:06:11 AM »
my bad, sorry about that. thanks again.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 08:26:22 AM »
Hey IDAREYOU : just to make things clear and again, they won't be a CD. Just vinyl and download.

_Seb

noce oneeee! i'm all over that vinyl. I'll do my own digi-encoding though. analog FTW!

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

carayol

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 03:53:08 PM »
Actually, the album won't be reissued before the end of the year, but I'll post when it's ready for sure...

Schwiggyz

• Rep: -2
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 02:11:23 AM »
forgive the digging up of ancient threads, but did the Ululation reissue ever happen?

bandini

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
I've been trying to find out what happened to the Ululation re-release plan since it seems to have never happened. I've sent out a few e-mails, but if anyone checking this thread has any info, give a holla,

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 11:27:15 PM »
this is one of my holy grails of skateboard video soundtracks

bandini

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
If I can get confirmation from Highlyann that the reissue thing fell through, I can just post the record for everybody, but I don't want to do that if it still is going to be for sale in some way. Stay tuned...

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 01:15:02 PM »
If I can get confirmation from Highlyann that the reissue thing fell through, I can just post the record for everybody, but I don't want to do that if it still is going to be for sale in some way. Stay tuned...
If they aren't doing the reissue that'd be amazing.

bandini

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 11:38:36 AM »
Well, I can't seem to get ahold of Highlyann or anybody from wax poetics about this, & since it's been a few years now, I'm going to assume the reissue isn't happening. If anyone gets ahold of me & tells me the records will still be released somehow I'll take this link down right away, but lots of dudes have been clamoring for this record for a long time now & the music is just too damn good to stay hidden away forever. So, for now, I give you Ululation, ripped direct from my vinyl copy. Get it while you can, & be sure and support the reissue project - if it ever happens - by buying a legit copy.

[link removed for time being]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 03:45:07 PM by bandini »

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
Thank yoooooooouuuuuu bandini!

BeardyBeard

• Rep: 1
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »
Wow, thanks so much Bandini. Enjoying it right now!

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
Well, I can't seem to get ahold of Highlyann or anybody from wax poetics about this, & since it's been a few years now, I'm going to assume the reissue isn't happening. If anyone gets ahold of me & tells me the records will still be released somehow I'll take this link down right away, but lots of dudes have been clamoring for this record for a long time now & the music is just too damn good to stay hidden away forever. So, for now, I give you Ululation, ripped direct from my vinyl copy. Get it while you can, & be sure and support the reissue project - if it ever happens - by buying a legit copy.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GA7EZWWY

so gnarred.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

carayol

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2011, 03:19:49 PM »
Hey bandini : super lame.
Sure the reissue is taking for ever to come out and trust me, I REALLY can't wait (as I wrote the Wax Po article/put Highlyann and wax Po in contact to reissue it/wrote the reissue liner notes), but what gives you the right to just ruin Highlyann and Krasnow's family right to actually get a chunk of what's theirs (meaning : money)? Oh yeah, impatience. That's great. It's just sort of direspectful to Krasnow's legacy, and Ululation in general that you claim to love so much, I'd say. But again I'm an old fart who still BUYS music i love to give back so I'm probably wrong, right?
Not to those who will go ahead and purchase the reissue, whenever it comes out : it will contain a whole unreleased LP of songs (some from A Visual Sound;s soundtrack) that werern't on the original LP that came out. Just saying.

bandini

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »
Hey Seb - There's no need to be a dick about it - I said I'd gladly remove the link if the reissue was still happening. I made a concerted effort to get some info about it (including sending multiple e-mails to Wax Po) and could not turn up a single bit of info anywhere, which led me to believe the project is dead.

If that's not the case, can you give us any info on what's happening with the reissue? That would be a lot more helpful than sarcasm and insults - especially directed at the few people on the planet who are really interested in supporting this music.

carayol

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 03:55:34 PM »
bandini
You 'll remove the link sure, but how many people that downloaded it will actually buy it after that? Again, I'm old.
And i still think it's disrespectful, it's not an insult or sarcasm. I just don't see what's point you're making when you know a reissue project is in the works -besides to be perceived as the hero who saved the day? I don't know you and i'm sure you did it with the best intentions but I just can judge from the outcome. Actually that second, never-heard LP was never pressed at all, so these tracks, at east, will escape the internet voracity until it's out.

On the more informative side :
What's happening is that basically the mag/label almost closed doors when the crisis hit in 2009 -what sucks is that Ulu was gonna be the next reissue to come out when they had to postpone all their reissue projects, it pretty much missed the cut by, like, three weeks. And since then, they've needed a financial partner/sponsor for it to come out but nobody in the skate industry that I tried to help them hook up with seems ready to cough up the remaining money for the LPs to actually be pressed. There was one at some point in the Spring of 2011, but they backed down, which brought the reissue to square one. That's all I know for now.
And mind you that I've benn DYING for this to come out, as you imagine.

bandini

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »
You 'll remove the link sure, but how many people that downloaded it will actually buy it after that?

Well, since you yourself just informed us that the reissue will contain a bunch of music NOT included in the original LP, I would assume all 3 of the people who downloaded it from here will probably be extremely interested in buying the reissue.

I just don't see what's point you're making when you know a reissue project is in the works

As I already stated numerous times, it certainly looked to me like the project was dead, & I wouldn't have posted the link otherwise. If that ISN'T the case, maybe you & WP might consider taking a little responsibility for that misconception? When years roll by & we hear NOTHING from you, we tend to assume nothing's in the works.

Anyway, all that aside, I appreciate the info you've shared here - keeping the fans in the loop is ALWAYS a good idea, particularly if you're interested in keeping them from sharing their copies of the music.: ) It sounds like, while the deal isn't dead, it's pretty damn close, & at this point there's not a lot of reason to think we'll be seeing the reissues any time soon.

HOWEVER, out of respect to Highlyann, I have gone ahead & removed the link & deleted the file. I hope the folks at WP get their shit together, because this music deserves to be heard, and at a certain point, the few people who have it are just going to start sharing it amongst themselves (I'm amazed no one else has posted it online up till now - just goes to show how few people have it, I guess).

Anyway, for now, we'll keep our fingers crossed & hope things come together.

thanks -

bort.

• Rep: 53
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »
bandini
You 'll remove the link sure, but how many people that downloaded it will actually buy it after that? Again, I'm old.
And i still think it's disrespectful, it's not an insult or sarcasm. I just don't see what's point you're making when you know a reissue project is in the works -besides to be perceived as the hero who saved the day? I don't know you and i'm sure you did it with the best intentions but I just can judge from the outcome. Actually that second, never-heard LP was never pressed at all, so these tracks, at east, will escape the internet voracity until it's out.

On the more informative side :
What's happening is that basically the mag/label almost closed doors when the crisis hit in 2009 -what sucks is that Ulu was gonna be the next reissue to come out when they had to postpone all their reissue projects, it pretty much missed the cut by, like, three weeks. And since then, they've needed a financial partner/sponsor for it to come out but nobody in the skate industry that I tried to help them hook up with seems ready to cough up the remaining money for the LPs to actually be pressed. There was one at some point in the Spring of 2011, but they backed down, which brought the reissue to square one. That's all I know for now.
And mind you that I've benn DYING for this to come out, as you imagine.

I don't know about anyone else who made it in time for that link, but I definitely WILL be buying the reissue now (if it ever comes out). Quality music like this just shouldn't be hidden away.

Its a real tragedy that nobody in the skate world is willing to put up the money for this. If you start up a paypal or something I'm sure people on here (including me) would chip in. Wheres Pastras at??

bandini

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
If you start up a paypal or something I'm sure people on here (including me) would chip in.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Releasing a handful of tracks for free, to drum up interest, would also be a good idea. There's not even a single mention of the project on WP's website.

It's kind of silly, in a way, to imagine that there's really much money to be made on this to begin with. The goal should just be to get the stuff OUT THERE. Dump the whole goofy vinyl plan & release the stuff as digital downloads. That wouldn't require any further money to make happen, and the music could start generating some money for the label and the family, as well as getting distributed.

Who knows what would happen from there?

carayol

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
bandini, I totally understand now what you mean : I know it's still in the works, but not everybody does -sorry if my response came out a bit harsh, it's just the weird surprise effect to see something that you worked so hard on kind of comes out of left field like that. definitely no beef, and to tell you the truth it gets a bit nerve-racking for me too : every so often I get an email saying it's coming out and that I should send updated liner notes cause THE new sponsor is coming in, then the new sponsor backs out for a reason or another. Super-frustrating on my end too. So, yeahm, touchy subject over here to huh huh.

I'm definitely forwarding them this little conversation thingy so they know riots are ahead in the skate world if that album is not coming out soon!  

I will too propose that subscription thing for sure. Even though quite a chunk of money is still missing, that might work, you never know.

bandini

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 04:24:22 PM »
Cool, Seb.:)

Yeah, I can imagine it's super frustrating for you, having put so much effort into this thing.

I'm definitely forwarding them this little conversation thingy so they know riots are ahead in the skate world if that album is not coming out soon! 

Ha - now, we're talking! Ululation fans are gettin uppity... beware!: )

carayol

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
For real !
I'll try to think up a plan as far as a subscription thing is going. Feel free to email me though, for updates and whatnot: [email protected]

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2013, 09:04:38 PM »
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but does anyone have any information regarding the re-release of that Ululation album?

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »
It's definitely dead and no one is ever gonna hear it because of caroyal. Harsh toke.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
bummer. I'd pay good money to get a copy of that.