Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 124023 times)

Jollyoli

• Rep: 47
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1140 on: June 21, 2018, 03:42:39 AM »
Having to do the donkey work on projects where the higher ups keep adding "nice to haves" then having to present their stupid off brief ideas to their management and being told to cut all those "nice to haves" that have taken longer to implement than anything else. Very specific but it just happened >:(
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Buckaroo Banzai.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #1141 on: June 21, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
Natural mint choco chip ice cream. If it not green with artificial mint you can fuck right off. Fuckin dicks always ruin shit.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1142 on: June 21, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »
Mint chocolate chip ice cream is trash and I'm not convinced that anyone actually likes it. I think people think it's some type of sophisticated ice cream flavor and that's why they order it.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #1143 on: June 21, 2018, 02:06:36 PM »
Fuck you dude its the best one. It is only for smart people though.

Neapolitan is for retards.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #1144 on: June 21, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
Mint chocolate chip ice cream is trash and I'm not convinced that anyone actually likes it. I think people think it's some type of sophisticated ice cream flavor and that's why they order it.
You're clearly not refined enough for it, you fucking philistine.

JK but honestly I almost think of it as more of a little kid flavor. I've loved mint chip since I first tasted it as maybe a 5 year old. It's definitely not sophisticated.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #1145 on: June 21, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »
My fav is blood orange cardamom in gluten free stevia cone
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:18:05 PM by fulltechnicalskizzy »

calvinsdream

• Rep: 12
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #1146 on: June 21, 2018, 02:24:22 PM »
-When people use “said” to talk about something they just mentioned.  Example:  “So I pay for the coffee and as I’m drinking said coffee I realize it’s not even hot...”.

It’s such a cheap way to try to seem really smart and witty without having to be smart or witty.

-Corporate business talk like “just wanted to close the loop with you on this” or says “reach out” instead of “contact”.

-Using the word “optics” to talk about an appearance.  For example, “This could be bad PR, the optics of the situation aren’t good.”

-The word “calculus” when it’s not about math.  For example, “I’m not sure of the specific calculus that went into making that decision.”

-  When people throw a little rhetorical “right?” when they are talking about something.  “The guy told me he is leasing the building, right?  So the bank thinks he is the property owner, right?  So he asks to speak to their manager, right?”

boo hoo

Isn’t that the point of the thread? 
my pet peeve is people bitching about nothing

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
« Reply #1147 on: June 21, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
even better is peppermint ice cream

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1148 on: June 21, 2018, 04:24:53 PM »
but im spoiled with this place here called sweet republic .. im sure you all got a similar place in your town

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1149 on: June 21, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »
You're clearly not refined enough for it, you fucking philistine.

JK but honestly I almost think of it as more of a little kid flavor. I've loved mint chip since I first tasted it as maybe a 5 year old. It's definitely not sophisticated.

Damn, I'm right there with you and have been chastised with exaggerated gasps that I don't think it's "the best flavor ever!" Ducks fly together.
Irvine-Sucks.com

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1150 on: July 17, 2018, 03:21:48 PM »
when ppl are using their voice text in public and say “period” .. you sound fucking retarded and no one wants to listen to what you are texting

active_shooter

« Reply #1151 on: July 24, 2018, 05:01:54 AM »
The term "pet peeve" is really annoying to me; so that's why I refer to these things as "getting on my main nervers." If you're going to use a stupid sounding term, then let's really go for it.
Now, with skating: the high water/high waisted pants, t-shirt tucked in thing. You're intentionally trying to look the thing you don't like? An old white dude? Mmkay. The thing is, skaters are so influential in terms of whats popping concerning style and trends that soon everyone will be featuring this look.
At work: the "office lady" who thinks it's cool to be overly loud, to yell peoples names across the hall while she remains at her desk, to come in on Fridays and blast Pop Country from her shitty struggling computer speakers like we all want to hear that, (Jesus, pop country; no other music can drive me to open an artery like pop country) I'm talking to an engineer at work about a valve design and she comes in and sits down in the office instead of waiting for us to finish. Who does this? You can always tell where she is anywhere in the building because she has this really cool habit of breathing/sighing excessively loud whenever something isn't going right; copy machine not printing properly? Super loud sighing met with eternal exasperation. Coffee not ready? Excessive loud ass breathing, again. And if all that wasn't enough, she sounds like a damn mini horse when she walks anywhere.
In day to day: slow drivers in the left hand lane. Slow drivers merging onto freeways. 35 mph entering a freeway? You're about to cause a tremendous accident. One that I'll probably be involved in because I managed to be behind you. Thanks. Why don't you just stay on the feeder? What are you looking at on your phone that is causing you to slowly creep over into my lane while I'm right there? And more than anything, you honk at these people and they flip YOU off because they have such privilege and entitlement and should be allowed to play on their phones while operating an automobile.
At fast food restaurants, how do you not have your shit together and know what you want when it's your turn to order? At Panda Express these dirty ass broads got passed 3 times because they were taking up too much time trying to decide what they wanted. My God.

hmmmokay

• Rep: 1
  • content nausea
« Reply #1152 on: July 24, 2018, 08:43:23 AM »
In day to day: slow drivers in the left hand lane. Slow drivers merging onto freeways. 35 mph entering a freeway? You're about to cause a tremendous accident. One that I'll probably be involved in because I managed to be behind you. Thanks. Why don't you just stay on the feeder? What are you looking at on your phone that is causing you to slowly creep over into my lane while I'm right there? And more than anything, you honk at these people and they flip YOU off because they have such privilege and entitlement and should be allowed to play on their phones while operating an automobile.

right! but on the flip side of that kind of, people that tailgate you when you're already going 5-10mph over the speed limit, drives me insane. lately it feels like everyone is in such a rush, for no reason, on the road.
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

active_shooter

« Reply #1153 on: July 24, 2018, 09:39:47 AM »

right! but on the flip side of that kind of, people that tailgate you when you're already going 5-10mph over the speed limit, drives me insane. lately it feels like everyone is in such a rush, for no reason, on the road.

Seriously! Now, another thing, if the speed limit is 65, and I'm in the left lane going maybe 77 or some shit, plenty fast enough, right, and here comes some doosh going about 83? Use that precious little extra speed to carry your ass right on around me and into the next universe and beyond, don't tailgate me, and especially for fucks sake don't flash your high beams. I'll never move over then.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1154 on: July 24, 2018, 09:56:20 AM »
You should only be in the left lane if you are the fastest guy on the road. The second someone’s coming up behind you faster, get the fuck over.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1155 on: August 28, 2018, 04:39:31 PM »
people that speak or text in military time

chicks that wear super long basketball shorts (you look lesbian)

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1156 on: August 29, 2018, 07:27:33 AM »
You should only be in the left lane if you are the fastest guy on the road. The second someone’s coming up behind you faster, get the fuck over.

this. and if you're going to pass someone, don't take two miles to do it. smash the gas and get back over because im trying to be the fastest guy on the road and you're in my way.

lately whats been pissing me off is old dudes saying "rock and roll is dead" or "there hasn't been good music since i was a kid". there is tons of good music being made right now and its easier to find and listen to than ever.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #1157 on: August 29, 2018, 08:53:51 AM »

It's a 24 hour clock, and it's way more practical than the 12 hour clock.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -155
« Reply #1158 on: August 29, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »
this

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1159 on: August 29, 2018, 10:36:25 AM »

do you say “copy that” too

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #1160 on: August 29, 2018, 10:41:28 AM »

this. and if you're going to pass someone, don't take two miles to do it. smash the gas and get back over because im trying to be the fastest guy on the road and you're in my way.

lately whats been pissing me off is old dudes saying "rock and roll is dead" or "there hasn't been good music since i was a kid". there is tons of good music being made right now and its easier to find and listen to than ever.

I almost posted a driving list here but didn’t. since the ball is rolling. people who:
-merge onto the freeway about 20 mph below freeway speed
-are obviously doing something on their phone and drive all slow and erratically
-walk down the middle of the parking lot really fucking slowly and don’t move when a car is coming; you just drove here too - move to the side
-tailgate on the freeway when you’re in the middle or right lane and going at or even above the speed limit
-and a bunch more I’ll spare you guys

calvinsdream

• Rep: 12
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #1161 on: August 29, 2018, 10:41:52 AM »

Same, except it's older hip hop fans bitching and moaning constantly about "mumble rappers" and "bars and lyricism". Just admit you haven't listened to anything new since you were in high school

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1162 on: August 29, 2018, 10:50:18 AM »

Same, except it's older hip hop fans bitching and moaning constantly about "mumble rappers" and "bars and lyricism". Just admit you haven't listened to anything new since you were in high school

yep, same thing applies. pick any era and im sure there was just as many garbage artists back then as there are now. same can be said about good ones. it all boils down to how active of a listener you are.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1163 on: August 29, 2018, 01:58:58 PM »

Yes, because fire fighting.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1164 on: August 29, 2018, 02:05:59 PM »
Ill call Denny’s and make a reservation for oh nine hundred on Veterans Day.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #1165 on: August 29, 2018, 02:06:07 PM »

errrrogeroger

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1166 on: August 30, 2018, 02:01:41 PM »

errrrogeroger
My pet peeve is people saying roger on the radio.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1167 on: August 30, 2018, 02:04:11 PM »

errrrogeroger
My pet peeve is people saying roger on the radio.

you would have a cb

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1168 on: August 30, 2018, 02:08:10 PM »
I don't have a cb.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1169 on: August 30, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »
But you would