Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 284993 times)

professional

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »
people who don't stick up for themselves. push overs.

burn outs saying stuff like "man, you're so lucky" when really it's hard work that got you there and you know they don't do anything to help themselves.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »
My panties are in a bunch over shitty predictions of the weather.

the worst is telling someone your plans and them telling you its gonna rain. it just bums me out so much, especially if you decide to not go out and its beautiful all day

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2011, 11:35:03 AM »
I went to a party of all hippies last night (didn't know it was a hippy party until I got there). They all act like they are these 'free spirits' but the level of pretentiousness, pompousness and self-consciousness was through the roof. I didn't stay long, so yeah, hippies suck.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2011, 02:33:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
people who take for fucking ever at the sugar / creamer section of the coffee shop.  how many times do you need to stir your coffee before you feel it's sufficiently blended?  10,000?

[close]

people that use cream or sugar in coffee. 

Women kind of get a pass, but if you are a man, and do not drink coffee black... I have no respect for you.
[close]

Oh get off your high horse you pompous fuck.

Fuck.

that. 

IF I WANT TO COME UP WITH ARBITRARY RULES AS TO WHAT MAKES A "REAL MAN", THEN THAT'S WHAT I AM GOING TO DO. 

THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »

-people who say "must be nice"

must be nice to be up on your high horse, looking down on people who say that
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2011, 06:49:13 PM »
Expand Quote
when people assume you're upset/pissed off just because you're being quiet - not everyone is loud and extroverted 24/7
(related is what someone else mentioned about people talking to you when you're reading/have headphones in)
[close]
If you know the person well that can be a sign they're not feeling normal. If they are quiet in class, movie, or something then it's understandable.

On a related note, I hate my classmates at college. They assume I'm so quiet and never talk because I sit there a listen to what the professor has to say. I may not even say a word the entire class, unless someone ask me something or I have a question. I believe there's a time and place for everything.  I'll be myself outside of class and be serious in class.

When parents name their kid a name, like Johnathan, but call the them John. Why the fuck didn't they just name him John if they're going to call him that.

People that live and breath texting.

Girls that are too flirty

This happened at my last job, where everyone assumed I was some anti-social weirdo for keeping to myself and doing my fucking job. They were freaky and I didn't want to be friends with most of them.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #276 on: November 04, 2011, 06:05:42 AM »
ive been moved to the front desk at work, which means that i have to answer the phone among other things.

something thats been anoying me since i started is this conversation that happnes all the time

me: hello magna carta college
them:hello...
me: yes hello how can i help you?
them: uum... sorry?
me: this is magna carta college, how can i help you
them: uum is this magna carta college?
me: yes, who would you like to speak to?
etc...

all the fucking time

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #277 on: November 04, 2011, 08:09:52 PM »
Expand Quote
My panties are in a bunch over shitty predictions of the weather.
[close]

the worst is telling someone your plans and them telling you its gonna rain. it just bums me out so much, especially if you decide to not go out and its beautiful all day

Totally agree.

I think it spawned from when I was little and would wake up and see snow on the ground and ask my mom if it might be a snow day and she'd say "no".

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #278 on: November 04, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »
- People who ask me what's wrong, or why are you so quiet? What if I don't feel like running my mouth all the time?
- The girls/guys who put emotional life/Look at me i'm hard quotes on Facebook.
- My phone not being in my front right pocket, if it's anywhere else I just can't get on with my day.
- People without good smokers etiquette
- Females who act like straight up trash
- That one person who takes forever to order something to eat when inside the place. It's like they've never been there before and have to scan over the whole entire menu 2 times to just think of one thing to get.

degobra

• Rep: -2
    • Flickr. avatar image
« Reply #279 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:57 PM »
moving to california and getting bad looks and vibes from the locals at skateparks

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2011, 02:32:08 AM »
and the having to shit after the shower thing is the worst of the worst.  

dude, every single time!! whats the deal with that!

- People who ask me what's wrong, or why are you so quiet? What if I don't feel like running my mouth all the time?

i get the same thing. to quote eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
"constantly talking is not necessarily communicating"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:37:24 AM by landCow »

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »
People who clip their toe nails in front of me.

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #282 on: November 05, 2011, 01:49:58 PM »
people who go on a rant about facebook when i say i dont have it

people getting in your way on purpose when youre skating sidewalk

people who give you a dirty look when you pay with a coupon

when someone rips the label off a bottle a little bit, either fully off or fully on

people shouting EAST COAST when we live in a town in england miles away from any fucking coast
when people try to get into arguments about terminology, fakie manual bieng switch nose manual etc.

when my socks are different lengths

when im trying a trick and someone says "come on man its easy"

im from california and i hear that shit all the time.

the same dudes who say that also talk down to dudes who actually go out and skate because they have this "im more core than you"
mentality... these are also the same dudes who call everyone "hipsters" but they are actually the "hippest" faggots around.

fuck all of you and go skate
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »
People that smoke weed and glorify it in the most annoying way possible. A shiver went down my spine when I heard this chick say "420 dude!!" and then went on to talk about how awesome 420 is. It's usually just teenagers.

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
People that smoke weed and glorify it in the most annoying way possible. A shiver went down my spine when I heard this chick say "420 dude!!" and then went on to talk about how awesome 420 is. It's usually just teenagers.

THIS^!

That also reminds me how I hate when people act like doing hard drugs is some type of game. I have a friend who would think this is some type of competition, you kidding me? Go keep doing that and see how fast you lose you're life asshole.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »
limp handshakes, just feels horrable

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »
limp handshakes, just feels horrable

That and nothing worse than an awkward/ ill-performed handshake with someone you dont know that well

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
I hate when people just stop walking in the middle of a walking area.
Especially when they are talking to each other but they dot face each other which makes me think they are going to keep walking and then I end up uncomfortably close to them.
And when they stop in front of the escalator.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #288 on: November 09, 2011, 04:26:57 AM »
everything my fat fuck asshole british housemate does.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2011, 05:01:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When people bitch about cigarette smoke. If you don't like it just move ten feet away and you'll be fine.
[close]

Fuck this one pisses me off. I am not even a consistent smoker but people are just pussies these days. I live in Berkeley and people are hardcore anti-cigarettes here. I had a woman holding her nose and waving her hands in front of her face staring at me while she was at the bus stop... and no joke, she was at least 60 feet away from me.
[close]
I don't smoke either but people need to chill the fuck out. Yeah smoking causes cancerblahblah but you don't need to ban it from places.
[close]
how about people who got asthma ? or like myself trigger alergie ? smoke bother some person really bad. it ruined countless outdoor rock show to the point i just gave up on them. people who where perfume and smoke in public places or either ignorant or asshole
[close]
If it's a legitimate thing like that then I would gladly not smoke around you but just the people that bitch and moan then no, I'll do it wherever I please.�
[close]
if a fucking sheltering suburban mom would give me crap for smoking on my doorstep i would do the sames as you.

but i was talking about public places. a place that i have to stand there and endure, like bus stop for example. if i,m at the skatepark and someone light a cigarette i just stfu and go away. i don't care, i don't need the skatepark. but i need to stay to fucking bus stop or ill miss it and there is like 6 people smoking. JUST FUCKING WAIT LATER gawdamn
yeah, why can't all those ignorant assholes cater their lives to your shitty lungs and bad genes? WHAT A BUNCH OF DICKS
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2011, 06:59:21 AM »
Ridiculously loud car stereos.

You loves you? Megatron.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2011, 07:13:03 AM »
Ridiculously loud car stereos.
Agreed, some dumb ass a few houses down always has his car stereo on max when he drives.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »
Zombie thread.

I like hearing about pet peeves because it's always good to find new things to be irrationally angry about.

This one is pretty specific. I bring it up because I was watching some astronomy show and they often imply a logical fallacy when talking about the goldilocks zone of habitable planets within a solar system in order to appeal to laymen. It's a pet peeve of mine. On these programs they'll often have the narrator or guest speaker say something like, "How lucky are we that our planet is in the goldilocks zone?" or, "Imagine if we didn't live in the goldilocks zone." The thing is, living in a habitable region of space isn't some fortuitous circumstance. We exist because we are where we are, not in spite of it. And if some extraterrestrial creatures originated on some celestial body that was not in what we'd deem a goldilocks zone then where they came from would be their own habitable zone wherein they came into existence because of the various factors present on their home. You know, like a place that was perfect for their brand of life. Luck has nothing to do with anything. Come on scientists, you're fucking scientist, speak like fucking goddamn scientist!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
When people say "like, literally..."

Yu Dum

« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2014, 09:28:43 PM »
Elitist group-think within forums and sites such as these. It's a topic that's been beaten to death and, yes, I'm beating a dead horse. I'm just tired of seeing posters on here, especially ones that have been around for a while, give newer posters shit for having a differing opinion (one that isn't some moronic non sequitur) on brands, pros, etc. that are in high regards on this site. There's a reason this is a forum and we, as humans, have the ability to form our own opinions. Now, I'm just rambling from lack of sleep, so I'm done.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2014, 09:58:29 AM »
i dont know if these count as pet peeves or just mild annoyances, but whatever.

i hate it when people take about the weather EVERY SINGLE DAY like its huge news. yeah, its cold and there is snow on the ground and the roads are icy. its been that way for two straight months now. theres no reason to talk about it anymore.

i work in an open office with 3 or 4 others depending on the day, so if someone its talking, or doing anything loud, everyone can hear it. it drives me crazy that two of those people think its totally fine to blare their music, or whatever theyre listening to/watching online. i listen to music sometimes when i work, and i watch plenty of youtube videos when im not busy, but i have the courtesy to put headphones in because i know that nobody else wants to listen to whatever im playing. its not a party here, so we dont need a DJ. and i dont want to be the asshole who has to go tell the boss that so and so's music is driving me crazy, or that so and so is watching the news at full volume and i cant hear myself think. or when someone from another office comes into ours because they want to "chit-chat". most of the time, especially if im busy, i dont want to talk to anyone, so when someone comes in our office and starts chatting about something stupid like the weather or what the fuck happened on american idol i get pissed.

i hate when people fuck with my settings on shit. like my computer, my stereo, my phone, whatever it may be. just leave it alone if its not yours.

theres a ton of things my girlfriend does that drive me crazy, but theyre all stupid things about how she cooks, or that she makes us dinner and we have to share the plate. its awesome that she makes me dinner, but sharing meals on the same plate is not my thing. i dont want to have to worry if im leaning over too much, or if im eating more than my share. i dont know if she doesnt it so that we eat small portions, or if its more intimate for her, but drives me crazy when she does that shit.

she doesnt set the timer on the microwave or on the oven, so she constantly burns shit. she also does too much multi tasking while cooking, which leads to burning shit. its not that hard to set timers, i dont know why she doesnt. i tell her too all the time, but for some reason shes very anti timer. she doesnt like the ding or the buzzing noise.

she also tends to over season the shit out of everything. when we first started dating we started cooking a lot, and i think i payed attention and she didnt really get it. i also follow recipes where she just looks at the ingredients and makes it up, thinking its going to be better because she put her own spin on it. so she really doenst have a decent understanding of what seasonings go well with different foods, or the different ways to prepare different things. she just grabs all the shit and loads it up with spices. she also insists a lot on having dinner done when i come home, which means she ruins more meals then she would if i were there. dont get me wrong, its great having someone who cooks for you and has dinner ready when you come home, but a lot of times i cant help but think that i couldve made it better if she wouldve just waited for me to get there and help.

sorry for my shitty post. im working on a big project at work that i hate and its got me kind of pissed off and stressed.

Not a Fotograph

• Rep: 2
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2014, 11:51:16 AM »
......or that she makes us dinner and we have to share the plate. its awesome that she makes me dinner, but sharing meals on the same plate is not my thing. i dont want to have to worry if im leaning over too much, or if im eating more than my share. i dont know if she doesnt it so that we eat small portions, or if its more intimate for her, but drives me crazy when she does that shit...... 

I might be missing something here. But unless you only own one plate, that's got to get frustrating and annoying.
I would swing the other way and keep eating the whole fucking plate until she agrees that having separate plates is probably the way to go.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2014, 12:56:16 PM »
I complain a lot

Dudes who bring chicks to the skate park and try to show off.

People who drink at the skate park and can't handle there alcohol/ act a fool (couple dudes guilty at that around here)

People who call everybody a hipster for doing something out of the norm.

Adults who dress like they're still highschool

Shitty vibes at skate parks/ shops

Dudes at parks who think they get a pass at snaking people because they're filming

Trashy titty tattoos on hot girls

People constantly who have their eyes glued to their phone screens

And saying "we out here"

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »
she doesnt set the timer on the microwave or on the oven, so she constantly burns shit. she also does too much multi tasking while cooking, which leads to burning shit. its not that hard to set timers, i dont know why she doesnt. i tell her too all the time, but for some reason shes very anti timer. she doesnt like the ding or the buzzing noise.
This right here. This right here is the shit I hate. All my goddamn family members do that shit. Set the goddamn timer, morons! Also, my drunk ass, loud mouth, food smacking uncle who never closes doors/cabinets behind himself always leaves the fucking lights on in every room he leaves. He never shuts up either. I love you, Uncle D, but you're so annoying.

All my family members love shitty television too. They wonder why I don't hang out with them in the living room. I'm not trying to watch the latest episode of "Starving Models", "Rap Wives", "Redneck Towing", or "Judge Angry Black".
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2014, 06:39:40 PM »
When people put the fucking toilet paper roll on so that it rolls under instead of over.