Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 284952 times)

shark tits

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #330 on: November 03, 2014, 05:48:10 PM »
what really gets my grundle is people deleting my fb comments. sometimes for reasons of 'offensiveness' and other times for no good reason. censorship is american and that's why france is better than us.

shitsandwich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #331 on: November 03, 2014, 06:28:09 PM »
When my rep goes down, it's like you guys don't get my ingenious observations

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #332 on: November 04, 2014, 06:58:34 AM »
people who dont put the dvds back in their fucking cases. when i play a dvd, i put the case on top of the dvd player, so that way the next person who comes to play a different dvd doesnt have to search for the case when they need to put the one thats in the player away. id say a good 100% of the time, ill come to the dvd player and sitting on top of it will be a case, then on top of that will be the dvd that goes in that case because someone was too fucking lazy to open it and put it away. let alone put the whole fucking package back where it belongs.

dillanharp

« Reply #333 on: November 04, 2014, 07:14:24 AM »
That's a good one JB.

Instead of taking out the trash, or even taking the full bag out of the can, my wife has a tendency to cram even more shit in to and on top of said full can so when I go to take it out the shit spills all over the floor.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #334 on: November 04, 2014, 08:23:49 AM »
-Getting tapped on the shoulder
-when someone leaves an empty box of something in the fridge/freezer

straight

« Reply #335 on: November 04, 2014, 09:28:12 AM »
Wet socks. Stepping in a puddle will ruin my day. Also can't stand people who wear white sunglasses

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #336 on: November 04, 2014, 09:43:17 AM »
Also can't stand people who wear white sunglasses

haha. i love it when i see someone with that kind of kit. white oakleys, monster hoodie, backwards fox racing flex fit and some white puffy DCs. its pretty white trash where i live so i see people like this everywhere. my favorite is when they wear the sunglasses backwards like this.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #337 on: November 04, 2014, 10:32:36 AM »
People who use ground level escalators (i.e. airports, etc.)
Folks who carry around floss picks and pick their teeth in public with said floss pick
Fucking pajama people, it's 3pm put on some fucking clothes. Colleges and stores all the damn time.
Sandals/flip flops
Headphones everywhere
People who play loud music on their phones in public and same goes for really obnoxious ringtones/awful songs
Dudes with long crusty fingernails
Eco/Hippie Jesus Hipsters
People who dress in what they think is classy or representational of having money, but are broke as fuck all the time (think the modern rap dude with a bunch of shit on him but can't buy his newports or cigarillos)
Excessive loud car stereos period
Harry Potter fans
Articles in the form of a list
People who do not own books
Overtly picky eaters
Vegan bacon
Hookah smokers generally the 16 - 23 year old or the college variety
Smart Car drivers aka a motorized roller skate for two
Celebrity worship
Overalls and excessive camo
Jailhouse flamboyancy as a celebrated character achievement

oh and anyone who wears these:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:40:10 AM by Wall of Nausea »

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #338 on: November 04, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »
i fucking HATE jailhouse flamboyancy as a celebrated character achievement

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #339 on: November 04, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »
i fucking HATE jailhouse flamboyancy as a celebrated character achievement
Powerman 420_69_187 RIP Wayne Static

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:56:23 AM by Wall of Nausea »

abudabi

« Reply #340 on: November 04, 2014, 11:20:17 AM »
???

straight

« Reply #341 on: November 04, 2014, 11:37:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
???

Not sure I understand that one either

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 35
« Reply #342 on: November 04, 2014, 12:09:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
???
[close]

Not sure I understand that one either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_walkway

they're pretty useful if you're in a rush, speeds up your pace at least 50%

let's see if i can get some stuff here

- clickbait articles
- people who hesitate to step on an escalator, acting like they're neil armstrong or something
- people not staying in the imaginary lanes when skating flatground
- 100+ page book being $30 and 400+ being $6

some day i'll go full martin luther and post a big list, but not now

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #343 on: November 04, 2014, 12:27:59 PM »
Vegan straightedge hardcore: fuck it, no one cares. Labels are for soup cans (Yeah Pappalardo!) West Philadelphia punks are awful.
Talking aloud about your sexual endeavors in class: Never cared, but your talking aloud so I do care. Eat Glass?.
G Pens: It looks stupid
Wearing Joy Division shirts and not knowing shit. Love Will Tear Us Apart is not on the Unknown Pleasures shirt your wearing.
Nirvana: That band was never good. John Sharkey III of Clockcleaner said it best, "That band is dog shit". How you wore Flipper shirts and liked good music and came out sounding like you did is beyond me.
 Spitfire Formula 4 wheels that have three white wheels and a colored one. I don't get it.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: November 04, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »
food trend hopping people. i swear the majority of people who eat shit like kale, quinoa, anything gluten free, organic, free range or farm raised do it more so because its hip instead of because its good for you. i went 26 years without ever hearing the word quinoa, then one week at work its everyones new staple. same thing with gluten free shit. for years everyone is fine, then the media starts telling people gluten is bad for you and now im hearing tales from 30 something year olds of how theyve recently discovered that theyre gluten intolerant. give me a fucking break.   

craft beer people are fucking ridiculous too. dont get me wrong, it tastes good, but ive seen a lot of people faking the funk when theyre drinking some goofy ass micro brew that costs 9 bucks a glass. maybe im just a cheapass, but i dont need a tulup shaped glass and an inch and a half of foam to enjoy a beer. the people who do know what theyre talking about are even worse because they'll start talking to you like you know the lingo and everything there is to know about brewing and want to talk your ear off about it.

straight

« Reply #345 on: November 04, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
^once you go IPA you never go back

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
Nirvana: That band was never good. John Sharkey III of Clockcleaner said it best, "That band is dog shit". How you wore Flipper shirts and liked good music and came out sounding like you did is beyond me.

Preach.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #347 on: November 05, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »
Wearing Joy Division shirts and not knowing shit. Love Will Tear Us Apart is not on the Unknown Pleasures shirt your wearing.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #348 on: November 05, 2014, 05:41:12 AM »
food trend hopping people. i swear the majority of people who eat shit like kale, quinoa, anything gluten free, organic, free range or farm raised do it more so because its hip instead of because its good for you. i went 26 years without ever hearing the word quinoa, then one week at work its everyones new staple. same thing with gluten free shit. for years everyone is fine, then the media starts telling people gluten is bad for you and now im hearing tales from 30 something year olds of how theyve recently discovered that theyre gluten intolerant. give me a fucking break.?  ? 

craft beer people are fucking ridiculous too. dont get me wrong, it tastes good, but ive seen a lot of people faking the funk when theyre drinking some goofy ass micro brew that costs 9 bucks a glass. maybe im just a cheapass, but i dont need a tulup shaped glass and an inch and a half of foam to enjoy a beer. the people who do know what theyre talking about are even worse because they'll start talking to you like you know the lingo and everything there is to know about brewing and want to talk your ear off about it.

Nailed it!! Craft beer people do my fucking nut in! everything you said is pretty on point

even though I quite like the music of Nirvana

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #349 on: November 05, 2014, 07:45:39 AM »
people walking slow in front of me
playing music/game from your mobile without earphones
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

LloydChristmas

« Reply #350 on: November 05, 2014, 08:25:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

similarly, college freshman girls wearing that one Ramones shirt.  always looks like the wardrobe they pick for the cranky teen daughter in movies where the family has to uproot and move to a new town.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #351 on: November 05, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »

yes, yes, yes. agreed 100%. I used to live with a kid who was super into craft beer and tried brewing his own from time to time. Kid was an idiot. drinking oatmeal stout out of a brandy snifter and trying to preach about the fucking aroma of chocolate coming from his glass. Also tried to fill a keg with his homebrew (nothing from the brew kit was ever sterilized), forgot about pressure, and the thing burst from the top one night, coating the ceiling with partially fermented lager.

Coffee snobs are also incredibly annoying. I work at a third wave coffee shop because I was tired of cooking and wanted a new skill set. I constantly have people asking me if our seasonal espresso has flavor notes of raspberry or stonefruit. If you want the flavor of raspberry, eat a fucking raspberry.

Also, the joy division comment made earlier is spot on.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #352 on: November 05, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »
jb you sound like a passive aggressive asshole, wall of nasuea ur def one
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #353 on: November 05, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »
when amateur youtube video makers ruin perfectly good videos by putting really over the top, heavy handed music that's supposed to tug the heart strings more.  like an AT&T commercial or something

like this

http://gawker.com/baby-celebrates-first-crawl-with-a-little-dog-kiss-o-1654983947

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: November 05, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
jb you sound like a passive aggressive asshole, wall of nasuea ur def one

probably. i know im being whiny and dramatic in this thread, so that probably boosts the assholeness.
passive aggressive, sure, ill own up to that. im definitely not an outspoken asshole.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #355 on: November 05, 2014, 01:15:33 PM »
people who dont put the dvds back in their fucking cases. when i play a dvd, i put the case on top of the dvd player, so that way the next person who comes to play a different dvd doesnt have to search for the case when they need to put the one thats in the player away. id say a good 100% of the time, ill come to the dvd player and sitting on top of it will be a case, then on top of that will be the dvd that goes in that case because someone was too fucking lazy to open it and put it away. let alone put the whole fucking package back where it belongs.

Fuck those people!

What the fuck are you going to college for if you don't want to be there? This shit is expensive and you're wasting my fucking time coming in here, fucking around on your phone all day, and then saying "wait what was that part about..." I want to choke the life out of you.

Fair play but if you're a shitty teacher and not engaging your students with interesting material then you're wasting our time by standing up there. One example, I was taking history of graphic design in Philly and the class was 4 hours long (normal for my school, met once a week for four hours for each class) and this class was at 8am in a room with no windows and the teacher had a monotone and turned off the lights for four hours of slides. I think a few people passed the class and many people didn't bother showing up to the final.

Expand Quote
people who take for fucking ever at the sugar / creamer section of the coffee shop.  how many times do you need to stir your coffee before you feel it's sufficiently blended?  10,000?

[close]

people that use cream or sugar in coffee. 

Women kind of get a pass, but if you are a man, and do not drink coffee black... I have no respect for you.

I have no respect for people who like pugs, except Joey Brezinksi but he's got those manual tricks down solid

also on the list
- people who don't clean up after themselves
- asshats who sit right at the spot I'm skating
- Longboarders who see me and give me a nod or something because I'm skating too. Fuck you! Get off your board
- People smoking cigarettes and/or weed at a skatepark with kids around, yah it's america and you can do whatever the fuck you want to do but let's just keep it away from the kids. You don't see me putting your cigarette out on your tongue, do you?
- skaters who snake tricks and then try to high five you
- non skaters wearing skate gear
- magazines and pros like Thrasher, Transworld, Shuriken Shannon, etc. giving people like Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber attention because they skate
- park heros

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1534
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #356 on: November 05, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
"I have no respect for people who like pugs, except Joey Brezinksi but he's got those manual tricks down solid"

-Natek the pederast

[/quote]

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:56:46 PM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #357 on: November 05, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »
The term "life hack"

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #358 on: November 06, 2014, 02:43:53 AM »
the word epic

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #359 on: November 06, 2014, 02:55:20 AM »
The term "life hack"

I read a news article titled "10 travel hacks you never knew" the other day, have people just started using the word hack instead of tip?