Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 284964 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #360 on: November 06, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote
The term "life hack"
[close]

I read a news article titled "10 travel hacks you never knew" the other day, have people just started using the word hack instead of tip?
Seems that way. I can't get on Youtube without seeing the thumbnail of this one dude with a stupid face offering "10 skate hacks"

VHS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #361 on: November 09, 2014, 07:43:34 PM »
- People smoking cigarettes and/or weed at a skatepark with kids around, yah it's america and you can do whatever the fuck you want to do but let's just keep it away from the kids. You don't see me putting your cigarette out on your tongue, do you?
sounds like you're stuck in the 90s. You can see someone smoking most substances almost anywhere in big cities

LloydChristmas

« Reply #362 on: November 10, 2014, 07:19:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The term "life hack"
[close]

I read a news article titled "10 travel hacks you never knew" the other day, have people just started using the word hack instead of tip?
[close]
Seems that way. I can't get on Youtube without seeing the thumbnail of this one dude with a stupid face offering "10 skate hacks"

yeah, that's Chris Chann, you may remember him from Pros Vs Joes.  thanks again, berrics.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #363 on: November 10, 2014, 07:36:45 AM »
Expand Quote
- People smoking cigarettes and/or weed at a skatepark with kids around, yah it's america and you can do whatever the fuck you want to do but let's just keep it away from the kids. You don't see me putting your cigarette out on your tongue, do you?
[close]
sounds like you're stuck in the 90s. You can see someone smoking most substances almost anywhere in big cities

I don't care about people smoking, just not around little kids. I guess it's just the decent thing to do

VHS

• Rep: 13
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2014, 08:49:58 AM »

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #365 on: November 10, 2014, 09:15:51 AM »
I know this has been a discussed topic a lot on SLAP, but people asking money through crowd-funding sites is getting ridiculous. I saw a guy on instagram asking for 600 for a new lens because his broke. What the hell is going on? So it's ok if you need something new to just ask for money? I understand certain scenarios for big projects, but just because your camera got hit doesn't mean people should give you money for it. I feel like an old man saying how it used to be different back in the day and this new generation of kids are fucked.

Irvine-Sucks.com

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2014, 09:59:06 AM »
- Roy Choi
- tattooed chefs in general / the idea of the "rebel outlaw chef"
- open faced sandwiches
- the slick hair, beard, ray ban glass frames, flannel, tat look (it's tired guys - give it a rest)
- people pushing strollers who assume that you should get out of their way
- people who use the word "delish"
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

straight

« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2015, 03:52:50 PM »
Watching those that take pictures with their iPad

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2015, 06:23:58 PM »
Anti-Social Justice Warriors. Maybe it's just because of the sites that I frequent but I find that the blowback against SJWs is larger than the social justice movement in the first place. It's to the point that it's a popular belief that white male privilege doesn't exist at all. Of course there's a lot of SWJs saying the stupidest shit you could imagine in the name of equality, but when men's rights chauvinists and outright racists are getting praised for the hate they spew, it cuts me deep. Whatever though. It's not like I'm doing anything to make it any better.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #369 on: March 09, 2015, 02:41:11 PM »
Anti-Social Justice Warriors. Maybe it's just because of the sites that I frequent but I find that the blowback against SJWs is larger than the social justice movement in the first place. It's to the point that it's a popular belief that white male privilege doesn't exist at all. Of course there's a lot of SWJs saying the stupidest shit you could imagine in the name of equality, but when men's rights chauvinists and outright racists are getting praised for the hate they spew, it cuts me deep. Whatever though. It's not like I'm doing anything to make it any better.

Just don't read the comments and just succeed at life without concern.
Wait, shit I'm white and possess a cock.

Sorry man, I tried.

There is a skate shop that just opened two blocks from house in the historic district of my city. They carry a ton of NHS and bones shit, which is tight.
They are also a roller derby shop.
roller skates.
roller
fucking
skates.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #370 on: March 09, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »
The rent-raising yuppie fuckfaces who moved into the house behind me and decided to go all "rustic" and "sustainable" or whatever and get a fucking rooster. Hearing this thing go off every 2 minutes ALL DAY is driving me bananas.

Make a choice: go live in the sticks and farm and realize there is absolutely nothing cutesy and olde-timey about your hard, unglamorous life, or continue to ruin cities by simply existing and living your boring, worthless, culture sucking, app-developing life. You can't have both.

Bottom line, if you live in a city and decide to buy a rooster, consider your rooster fucking murdered.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2015, 04:49:01 PM »
Social media has been putting me in a rage lately. Here are some choice nuggets.

"dat ____ doe", especially people who throw that shit around on social media all day but I know would sound so unforgivably stupid saying it in real life

"bae" and all its variations

People who take a photo of their mom, dad, girlfriend, boyfriend, friend, kid, whatever, and put it on instagram in black and white and write a super long caption about how much that person means to them. It's great you feel this way about this person but just call them and tell them that, you self-centered fuck. Don't make it about you.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2015, 07:31:45 AM »
The rent-raising yuppie fuckfaces who moved into the house behind me and decided to go all "rustic" and "sustainable" or whatever and get a fucking rooster. Hearing this thing go off every 2 minutes ALL DAY is driving me bananas.

Make a choice: go live in the sticks and farm and realize there is absolutely nothing cutesy and olde-timey about your hard, unglamorous life, or continue to ruin cities by simply existing and living your boring, worthless, culture sucking, app-developing life. You can't have both.

Bottom line, if you live in a city and decide to buy a rooster, consider your rooster fucking murdered.

i laughed really hard at this. but i agree, roosters, or any farm animals for that matter, belong on farms and not in the city or the suburbs.

what bugs me? people who talk to themselves at their desks so that everyone else around them can hear them.

LloydChristmas

« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2015, 04:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i laughed really hard at this. but i agree, roosters, or any farm animals for that matter, belong on farms and not in the city or the suburbs.

what bugs me? people who talk to themselves at their desks so that everyone else around them can hear them.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2015, 05:28:45 PM »
I know this has been a discussed topic a lot on SLAP, but people asking money through crowd-funding sites is getting ridiculous. I saw a guy on instagram asking for 600 for a new lens because his broke. What the hell is going on? So it's ok if you need something new to just ask for money? I understand certain scenarios for big projects, but just because your camera got hit doesn't mean people should give you money for it. I feel like an old man saying how it used to be different back in the day and this new generation of kids are fucked.

this. a fucking kid from my hometown crowdfunded moving expenses to California to "pursue his dream of being a professional skateboarder". pretty sure he ended up with like 1g and is now filming with nigel alexander. make your own fucking money

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2015, 10:01:00 PM »
people that feel the need to start every single one of their posts with
y'all
  ::)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

dillanharp

« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2015, 10:08:37 PM »
There is a skate shop that just opened two blocks from house in the historic district of my city. They carry a ton of NHS and bones shit, which is tight.
roller skates.
roller
fucking
skates.
Those roller derby girls have thick legs and fat asses. Like angrier softball or volleyball girls. This is a good thing.

Fuck that's funny. Not a lot of mexicans in your neighborhood? Growing up it was normal to hear that shit. Pretty sure there's ordinances about farm animals within city limits, might want to check in to it before you kill it. If you do decide to kill it though, shoot the fucker, because a pissed off rooster will fuck you up.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: March 13, 2015, 12:17:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this. a fucking kid from my hometown crowdfunded moving expenses to California to "pursue his dream of being a professional skateboarder". pretty sure he ended up with like 1g and is now filming with nigel alexander. make your own fucking money
pine?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #378 on: March 14, 2015, 06:16:48 AM »
When people say "open your eyes" when talking about things like government or pollution problems or whatever.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #379 on: March 14, 2015, 01:06:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
pine?

nah

Greg Road

« Reply #380 on: March 14, 2015, 01:20:57 PM »
People that chew with their mouths open. You make me sick.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #381 on: March 14, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »
Moms.  Not just any mom in particular, and definitely not MY mom... just moms.  something about when you get a bunch of them together, their "mom" small talk and their "mom" chit chat really grates my nerves.  blocking up the sidewalk by lining up 3 strollers next to each other.

Mom small talk.  "how old?" "omg baby gap has these" "his little polo looks so cute!" "OMG are those baby uggs???".  being all passive as people say "how cuuuuuuuute". 

I hate MOMS

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #382 on: March 18, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »
Fuck these assholes walking their dogs at night wearing dark clothes. I live in a poorly lit neighborhood. I only see them when they're like 5 feet away from my car

Crybaby Shithead

• Rep: -44
« Reply #383 on: March 18, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »
in some "more progressive" areas of the US more people have started to identify as genderqueer, which is something that doesn't bother me, but people who wear it as a badge really bug me

abudabi

« Reply #384 on: March 18, 2015, 09:26:58 PM »
what does that mean?

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #385 on: March 19, 2015, 04:33:54 AM »
People that chew with their mouths open. You make me sick.

YES! fuck I hate that one, I was going to write it down as well. One of my friends does it and I don't have the heart to tell him

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #386 on: March 19, 2015, 04:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
roller skates.
roller
fucking
skates.
[close]
Those roller derby girls have thick legs and fat asses. Like angrier softball or volleyball girls. This is a good thing.

Expand Quote

[close]

Fuck that's funny. Not a lot of mexicans in your neighborhood? Growing up it was normal to hear that shit. Pretty sure there's ordinances about farm animals within city limits, might want to check in to it before you kill it. If you do decide to kill it though, shoot the fucker, because a pissed off rooster will fuck you up.

Yes I agree a rooster is dumb as shit. I live in a city and I overheard some couple talking about getting a pig while I was at the vet with my dog.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #387 on: March 20, 2015, 07:09:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
roller skates.
roller
fucking
skates.
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yes I agree a rooster is dumb as shit. I live in a city and I overheard some couple talking about getting a pig while I was at the vet with my dog.

Shit, that was probably me and my girlfriend.  I've been dying to get a pet pig.  i knew somebody who lived in an apartment in Portland who had one...it's possible.

PET PEEVE- seeing Kanye West's fucking square face.  I'm sick of seeing it EVERYWHERE i go, every time i go online... i see it a hundred times every time I check out Slap, check my email, etc..  FUCK THAT GUY and fuck you for having him in your sig.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: March 20, 2015, 01:37:58 PM »
The rampant overuse of "Keep Calm and _____" posters

straight

« Reply #389 on: March 20, 2015, 02:05:37 PM »
The rampant overuse of "Keep Calm and _____" posters

"keep calm and stop gagging"