Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285005 times)

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #420 on: March 08, 2016, 09:33:27 AM »
Swearing in public so everyone can hear.

5 more points when there are kids around. I fucking hate that shit. Swearing is cool and all, but when you're in public and swearing up a storm, it makes you look like a fucking dick hole. Have some courtesy and respect those sitting around you.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #421 on: March 08, 2016, 10:08:56 AM »
People who bump shitty music on their smartphones without headphones (usually hippies/high school kids bumping Lil Yung G Boy Thug rap) When people use the word "like" constantly (a pretty obvious one, probably has been mentioned)
When people use the term "literally" incorrectly/constantly
Skate related, I hate when people push up to ledges really slow and attempt tricks that they could not possibly land going at such a speed.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #422 on: March 08, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »
People "cool guying" me. Which is basically people who refuse to answer text or calls for days, or even just hours, at a time. How fucking busy can you be unless you're a fucking surgeon.
Waiting for motherfuckers. I try to be on time. You should too.
People who don't recycle. It's so fucking easy. A fucking bottle in the trash can when the recycle bin is right beside it. Asshat!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #423 on: March 08, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
people who dont put the carts away at the store drive me nuts. but thats because i was in the car one night while my fiancee was in the store and a runaway cart got caught by some heavy wind and plowed into the side of my car and left a huge dent. the noise scared the shit out of me too. that wouldn't have happened if some lazy fucker put it away like they were supposed to.

i dont like it either when people are at the store and decide that they dont want something they put in their cart, so they just leave it wherever they want. just go put it away, you dont have to make someones job harder because you're lazy.

Eric ricks

« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2016, 03:04:08 PM »
people who dont put the carts away at the store drive me nuts. but thats because i was in the car one night while my fiancee was in the store and a runaway cart got caught by some heavy wind and plowed into the side of my car and left a huge dent. the noise scared the shit out of me too. that wouldn't have happened if some lazy fucker put it away like they were supposed to.

i dont like it either when people are at the store and decide that they dont want something they put in their cart, so they just leave it wherever they want. just go put it away, you dont have to make someones job harder because you're lazy.

Dood, its not quite the same but i am notoriously bad for setting down my coffee to look at something, then leave my coffee behind.

Employees at those stores probably hate that too and i dont blame them

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2016, 03:42:23 PM »

My fiancée does this and it drives me crazy.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #426 on: March 08, 2016, 03:59:33 PM »
Walking through a crosswalk in front of a car and after clearing the cars path they rev their engines and speed off to show how bad ass their 95' civic is

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #427 on: March 08, 2016, 04:07:37 PM »
people smoking near my kid. Actually just people smoking near children in genereal

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #428 on: March 08, 2016, 06:09:43 PM »
Walking through a crosswalk in front of a car and after clearing the cars path they rev their engines and speed off to show how bad ass their 95' civic is

You live on the east side too?!

people smoking near my kid. Actually just people smoking near children in genereal

This is a big one with me as well. I just moved in to a new apartment and I've got neighbors that smoke in their place and we can smell it in the stairwell. It was pouring rain this weekend and our heater sucked some of it in to our place. It's a non smoking community. I'm not totally unsympathetic, I smoked for almost 20 years. It's just really invasive, and I never realized that until I quit.
you never know about pre-cum 

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #429 on: March 08, 2016, 07:23:36 PM »
when someone rapes a 12 yr old then keeps promoting their youtube channel asking for subs... https://twitter.com/KeelanDadd/status/706273262582378496?lang=en

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #430 on: March 08, 2016, 08:13:08 PM »
This is a big one with me as well. I just moved in to a new apartment and I've got neighbors that smoke in their place and we can smell it in the stairwell. It was pouring rain this weekend and our heater sucked some of it in to our place. It's a non smoking community. I'm not totally unsympathetic, I smoked for almost 20 years. It's just really invasive, and I never realized that until I quit.

I smoked when I was a lot younger too but I still had some sort of awareness (especially around children). I was out the other night and saw a family of four sitting on a bench in front of an ash tray: the mum and dad were both smoking and both holding their ciggies at eye-level to the kids. I don't wish harm upon many people on this earth but I would have no qualms in this case. Those kids are fucking doomed from the get-go.

when someone rapes a 12 yr old then keeps promoting their youtube channel asking for subs... https://twitter.com/KeelanDadd/status/706273262582378496?lang=en

Keelan was a pet peeve of mine from the very beginning (I hated him before it was cool LOL) but this whole issue is just disgusting. #shitgod
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:16:49 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #431 on: March 08, 2016, 10:35:03 PM »
you can be walking on the right hand side....regular pace....straight line....and someone walking in the opposite direction will pull some sort of hasty do-si-do....and then try to somehow flip it....'oh...uh...huh...heh...erm....'

Are you new to sidewalks? 

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2016, 06:13:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My fianc�e does this and it drives me crazy.

so does mine, but shes gotten a lot better because she knows i hate it.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2016, 08:39:41 AM »
Ehh tracer I think there is some bylaw that says the bartender has to open it or sumshit, it annoys me too.

Being slow at work is petting my peeves. I feel like a frog getting paid for nothing

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2016, 12:11:35 PM »
Ehh tracer I think there is some bylaw that says the bartender has to open it or sumshit, it annoys me too.

I can understand why they would open bottles just so they wouldnt have to clean up hundreds of bottle caps off the floor every night. plus if you order a beer thats not a twist off and you dont have an opener on you, youve got to barrow one from somebody. why not just have the bartender open it for you?

i feel like the only time i get served a canned beer at a bar is in trashy bars and its usually a pbr. not really the situation to be complaining about anything stupid like a can being opened by someone else if you ask me.

only thing that gets me peeved in bars is if i order a G&T or a tequila and it comes with a lemon instead of a lime. not a huge deal, but everyone knows limes are made for those drinks.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2016, 12:39:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can understand why they would open bottles just so they wouldnt have to clean up hundreds of bottle caps off the floor every night. plus if you order a beer thats not a twist off and you dont have an opener on you, youve got to barrow one from somebody. why not just have the bartender open it for you?

You don't drink the beer, you use it as a pointing device, like "hey dave" hand it off to someone else when you're ready to leave. Try it sometime, are you there to socialize or get drunk?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #436 on: March 09, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You don't drink the beer, you use it as a pointing device, like "hey dave" hand it off to someone else when you're ready to leave. Try it sometime, are you there to socialize or get drunk?

should i open it for them right before i hand it off? what if they don't have an opener?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #437 on: March 09, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My fianc�e does this and it drives me crazy.
When I was 16 and working in a grocery store, I loved having any excuse to walk around/not be crouched over/lifting heavy shit.  Not that I do it often, and I'd never leave something where it would go bad.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #438 on: March 09, 2016, 09:44:19 PM »
I watch Jeopardy like it was a chronic illness. Two things about it piss me off. When the contestants don't clear the board,and when trebek tries to pass himself off as an American.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #439 on: March 09, 2016, 09:47:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

should i open it for them right before i hand it off? what if they don't have an opener?
Listen you cocksucker, that's all the free advice I'm giving you today.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2016, 02:40:22 AM »
A very short version of my list:

People that litter even the tiniest amount. Should be castrated.

Assholes that bring food to university library. Really that busy?

Employers looking for "outgoing" accountants. Im in accounting to avoid social interactions.

People that talk too loud. Just shut your piehole, you have nothing to say.

People that expect me to talk to them. No, thanks...

Fat people. Slobs.

7 year old

« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2016, 07:36:35 AM »
when someone does you a favor you didnt ask for and dont care about, and then uses it against you later.

people who refer to other people as 'normal people' or 'normies'. see erica yary thread.
odds are very high anyone saying this is worth less than the average person.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2016, 07:42:07 AM »

Employers looking for "outgoing" accountants. Im in accounting to avoid social interactions.

There's too much of this in general these days. Overemphasis on "emotional intelligence." It comes from people who aren't smart but "good with people" being in positions of power. So they think being a "people person" means someone is intelligent and good at their job, which isn't necessarily the case.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #443 on: March 10, 2016, 09:57:13 AM »
A very short version of my list:

People that litter even the tiniest amount. Should be castrated murdered .

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #444 on: March 10, 2016, 11:14:33 AM »
People who play Magic The Gathering in a public place i.e. a Tim Hortons
I don't know how common it is, but I see it all the time where I am. I just want to arm-Zamboni everything off the table, one clean sweep. Cards everywhere.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #445 on: March 10, 2016, 11:29:44 AM »
People who play Magic The Gathering in a public place i.e. a Tim Hortons
I don't know how common it is, but I see it all the time where I am. I just want to arm-Zamboni everything off the table, one clean sweep. Cards everywhere.

Magic kids have claimed the entire second floor where I went to college. Dirty smelly neckbeards

satandrinksforties

• Rep: 1
« Reply #446 on: March 10, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
anyone wearing shoes like these or osiris bronx

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #447 on: March 10, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »
Quote from: satandrinksforties  link=topic=33760.msg2462123#msg2462123 date=1457665320
anyone wearing shoes like these or osiris bronx

good point!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #448 on: March 10, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »
Roomates who don't rinse their dishes.

straight

« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »
bicyclists playing air drums