Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285010 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #450 on: March 11, 2016, 06:39:57 PM »
bicyclists playing air drums

It bugs me when I see them riding with no hands in general. Mr. Cool over there doesn't need hands to ride his bike. They're no better than unicyclists.

Also things like juggling, clownery, unicycling, etc. I have zero respect for and think is stupid.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #451 on: March 11, 2016, 07:26:21 PM »
Remember before 9/11 when the only conspiracy theory was that they secretly knew how to make gum flavor last forever? Life is so complicated sometimes

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #452 on: March 12, 2016, 05:09:13 PM »
People who move around really loudly. I have a neighbor whose footsteps are really loud and he always slams his door. It's very startling and it pisses me off. People like that have really poor motor skills and zero consideration for others around them.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #453 on: March 12, 2016, 06:45:36 PM »
Getting someone's perfume or cologne on me. Hugs at family events suck for that. Same with scented hand lotion and hand shakes. Shit's annoying.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #454 on: March 12, 2016, 09:11:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It bugs me when I see them riding with no hands in general. Mr. Cool over there doesn't need hands to ride his bike. They're no better than unicyclists.

Also things like juggling, clownery, unicycling, etc. I have zero respect for and think is stupid.

Every Wednesday the juggling club on campus meets outside my building. It's the same 2 or 3 sad virgins and some faculty member. One day a dude brought a whip and was cracking it like Indy. I drink my coffee and watch, it looks like they're having fun. People probably think the same thing when they see a 33 year old man on a skateboard though.
you never know about pre-cum 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #455 on: March 12, 2016, 09:28:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Every Wednesday the juggling club on campus meets outside my building. It's the same 2 or 3 sad virgins and some faculty member. One day a dude brought a whip and was cracking it like Indy. I drink my coffee and watch, it looks like they're having fun. People probably think the same thing when they see a 33 year old man on a skateboard though.

Oh for sure. I don't think I'm right or anything, and I know I'm the asshole not them, but fuck those guys.

7 year old

« Reply #456 on: March 15, 2016, 01:35:53 PM »
people who feel like they have to make fake plans with you that you know neither of you are gonna follow up on

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #457 on: March 15, 2016, 03:29:50 PM »
People who move around really loudly. I have a neighbor whose footsteps are really loud and he always slams his door. It's very startling and it pisses me off. People like that have really poor motor skills and zero consideration for others around them.

there are a few alpha male type douchbags that work in my building that do this shit in the bathroom. like slam down the handle when the flush or grunt really loud when theyre taking a piss.

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #458 on: March 15, 2016, 03:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there are a few alpha male type douchbags that work in my building that do this shit in the bathroom. like slam down the handle when the flush or grunt really loud when theyre taking a piss.

yeah a general lack of awareness is pretty irritating. people who play their snapchat stories with volume on high in quiet public places, it's like dude..
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #459 on: March 15, 2016, 04:49:16 PM »
I don't know if it's normal, but there's 2 sit down bathroom stalls at my work, and if I have to poop and see someone is in one of them, I come back in a bit. When I'm pooping and someone sits in the stall next to me, I become infuriated. I can't deal with listening to another human farting and shitting 5 feet from me, and I don't want them to hear me, so I have to just leave. People just rip the gnarliest farts too like it's normal. And there's no hiding who it is because I can see your shoes, Greg.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #460 on: March 15, 2016, 07:24:49 PM »
I don't know if it's normal, but there's 2 sit down bathroom stalls at my work, and if I have to poop and see someone is in one of them, I come back in a bit. When I'm pooping and someone sits in the stall next to me, I become infuriated. I can't deal with listening to another human farting and shitting 5 feet from me, and I don't want them to hear me, so I have to just leave. People just rip the gnarliest farts too like it's normal. And there's no hiding who it is because I can see your shoes, Greg.
I was once like you but at a point I just said fuck it because that's the world we live in. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. You can count me among the "don't give a fuck" group of public shitters nowadays. It's not like someone's going to call me out about it in public even if they do recognize my shoes.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #461 on: March 15, 2016, 07:40:22 PM »

You're office needs one of these
Japan high tech toilet ( toilet plays Music )

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #462 on: March 15, 2016, 08:41:44 PM »
Super neurotic and not necessarily recommended but you can train your body to follow a shit schedule so you never have to take a dump at work.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #463 on: March 15, 2016, 09:35:11 PM »
I knew a guy super paranoid about that and he took shits in a plastic bag out in the yard.

Why do you care if someone uses a restroom right next to you? You obviously haven't worked in busy workplaces

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #464 on: March 15, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »
I'm sure everyone feels a certain way about them, but those hover board things.

I get infuriated every time I see someone riding one. I don't know why. It's not that big of a deal but I can't stand it. I live in Hollywood area and I see people on them all the time. Mostly rapper type kids who are always also on their phone. They also try to get up the curb cut and always look pathetic like they are gonna go down at anytime.

It drives me crazy.

Also when I see people at the park skating with ear buds.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #465 on: March 16, 2016, 12:05:45 AM »
I don't think this gripe deserves a post in the older dudes' thread seeing as I'm in my mid-twenties but I've become increasingly annoyed by the fact that a new plaza opened up near my hometown about a year ago and, to the date, all I've seen footage from it has been down a stair-set flatbar and tricks down the stairs themselves. I don't know why it annoys the living shit out of me that that's all that everyone is skating at that place. It has perfect tranny and great ledges from the footage I've seen but nope, just stairs.

Also, when people skate bowls as drops to flat.

I'm annoyed just typing this out.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #466 on: March 16, 2016, 05:10:06 AM »
I'm sure everyone feels a certain way about them, but those hover board things.

I get infuriated every time I see someone riding one. I don't know why. It's not that big of a deal but I can't stand it. I live in Hollywood area and I see people on them all the time. Mostly rapper type kids who are always also on their phone. They also try to get up the curb cut and always look pathetic like they are gonna go down at anytime.

It drives me crazy.

This little kid rolled up to me on one the other day and started giving me tips on how to land the trick I was trying. I couldn't get too upset 'cause it was just a little kid but it was still pretty annoying.

manute bol

• Rep: 5
« Reply #467 on: March 16, 2016, 05:54:16 AM »
I work in a really busy restaurant so most of my peeves are related to work.  I could go on for fucking days on this one but SLAP doesn't care where I think the brooms should be stored. (hint: it's the broom closet)

Also, when people fake laugh at something (usually on their phones) to try to bait you into a useless conversation. Just tell me or show me if you have something interesting.

Eric ricks

« Reply #468 on: March 16, 2016, 07:54:47 AM »
Ive got a new rule in my house.

If you eat my oatmeal and dont rinse your bowl, your never coming over again.

Shit turn into cement ffs

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #469 on: March 16, 2016, 08:23:32 AM »

Fuck I guess I'm never coming over.

I think dried oatmeal is actually harder then cement, I fucking do this to myself all the time

Eric ricks

« Reply #470 on: March 16, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think dried oatmeal is actually harder then cement, I fucking do this to myself all the time

Hahahaha fuck that made me laugh!

Id rather just throw out the bowls and guy a new set haha.

Im pretty sure with some solid research, dried oatmeql might have some real world value.  Like make a scrubbing sponge covered in dry oatmeal to clean dry oatmeal out of a bowl lol, or would that start a fire???

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #471 on: March 16, 2016, 12:07:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hahahaha fuck that made me laugh!

Id rather just throw out the bowls and guy a new set haha.

Im pretty sure with some solid research, dried oatmeql might have some real world value.  Like make a scrubbing sponge covered in dry oatmeal to clean dry oatmeal out of a bowl lol, or would that start a fire???

Wonder if dry oatmeal is more or less expensive than cement? Thinking about building a DIY quarterpipe and using dry oatmeal.

Eric ricks

« Reply #472 on: March 16, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »
In bulk im sure its cheaper lol.

Post the results, probably turn out awesome hahahaha

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #473 on: March 17, 2016, 08:21:04 PM »
Managers eat their staff meal at my station. It's bad enough I'm staring into a crazy hot open fire pit, but then I get to hear their lips smacking and complaining about food I'm not even allowed to eat.

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #474 on: March 17, 2016, 10:01:28 PM »
100% of all people, including me.

I'm a blast to be around.

7 year old

« Reply #475 on: March 23, 2016, 11:31:46 AM »
people that think washing your hands or using the toilet lid is a personal choice.

if you dont wash your hands, youre deciding for everyone else that they should basically have to touch your gross bathroom hands when they open the door.

and if you dont use the toilet lid, youre blasting particles of piss/and or shit juice all over the room.

seriously, fuck you if you do this. stop it. you suck.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:59:01 AM by 7 year old »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #476 on: March 23, 2016, 06:06:13 PM »
Germaphobes. You've got an immune system, use it.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #477 on: March 25, 2016, 05:21:29 PM »
Also, when people fake laugh at something (usually on their phones) to try to bait you into a useless conversation. Just tell me or show me if you have something interesting.

This is my roommate. The guy walks like a goddamn cartoon, flicking his feet out in front of them and whacking them on the ground and is always whistling. And if we're ever both in the living room, he's laughing at memes on his phone.

Also, people who are cluelessly inconsiderate/assholes. Like the type of guy who you let borrow your car and the first thing they say when they come back is "man your cars really slow"... you're welcome, dude... and then you get in your car and they didn't put gas in it, not because they were intentionally being a dick, but because they didn't know that you're supposed to say "thanks" and replace the gas you used.

Fuckkk I just want to live alone

Super neurotic and not necessarily recommended but you can train your body to follow a shit schedule so you never have to take a dump at work.

Nooo don't do it. I did it and now I can only poop at home. Traveling seriously fucks with my digestive system

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #478 on: March 26, 2016, 05:31:40 AM »
Germaphobes. You've got an immune system, use it.

Well, technically you don't even have to do anything to use it.

I have some OCD tendencies and know how hard it is to fight this. I try to control the mania and not freak out by daily things many people never even think about. It's hard. Germaphobes have the same amount of irrational fear as you and I have for snakes. I can confess that I have avoided situations that had about 0.001 chance of running into snakes. I try not to let the fuckers win. You can't avoild filth and germs. God, I hate people. Meatbags full of diseases.

Back to Pet Peeves: Patriotism. Oh, you are super pround of being born within arbitrary drawn lines? Amazing, not like EVERY SINGLE person to ever exist has done this. This especially bothers me when people from useless countries are proud of their heritage. Last time I checked, your country was irrelevant.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #479 on: March 26, 2016, 05:25:51 PM »
When you text or call someone and they don't reply, then five minutes later you see them liking something on instagram or posting shit on Snapchat.