Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 284933 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #600 on: September 10, 2016, 01:01:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I work for the Forest Service, and my biggest pet peeve right now is assholes who leave their bags of trash on the side of the road. I'm sure someone will come pick it  up right?
[close]

How did you get a job with the forest service?
[close]
https://www.usajobs.gov/

Do I have to be smarter than the average bear?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #601 on: September 10, 2016, 01:08:03 PM »
Most aren't.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2016, 02:01:46 PM »
People that don't carry cash! Don't know if they think they are super cool with their cards or something but most of the time it is just an excuse to be tight. Getting a spot off someone because an ice cream van or something doesn't take cards. They are also the most likely people to stiff a waiter or a cab driver for a tip.

straight

« Reply #603 on: September 13, 2016, 02:48:16 PM »
when my peener dips in the toilet water when I'm pooping

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #604 on: September 14, 2016, 04:43:37 PM »
People that don't carry cash! Don't know if they think they are super cool with their cards or something but most of the time it is just an excuse to be tight. Getting a spot off someone because an ice cream van or something doesn't take cards. They are also the most likely people to stiff a waiter or a cab driver for a tip.

Huh? I don't carry cash because its a hassle to go to an ATM and get it. Also much better to just cancel your cards or report fraud if you lose your wallet than to also be out whatever money you had in there.

And if anything it makes tipping easier cause you can just write the exact amount on the receipt. Like if I pay $10 for food out of a $20 bill and get a $10 bill back, either I don't tip or I have to fuckin go up to the register, give them the 10, and ask for just $8 back. With a card I can just tip $2 no problem.

MeanestCleanestPenis

« Reply #605 on: September 15, 2016, 04:29:01 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Huh? I don't carry cash because its a hassle to go to an ATM and get it. Also much better to just cancel your cards or report fraud if you lose your wallet than to also be out whatever money you had in there.

And if anything it makes tipping easier cause you can just write the exact amount on the receipt. Like if I pay $10 for food out of a $20 bill and get a $10 bill back, either I don't tip or I have to fuckin go up to the register, give them the 10, and ask for just $8 back. With a card I can just tip $2 no problem.

-Going to an atm 2-3 times a week is not a big hassle. You'll likely pass them all the time in your daily life

-Don't lose your wallet

-The person receiving said tip is more likely to receive it if it is cash.

-When the person takes the check and money away just say "Please bring me $8 back". They will know what you are doing.

-Don't be the person that hits up other people for a loan when you are at a small restaurant/cafe that doesn't take card because "I don't carry cash bro". You will be that guy. I don't know how old you are but in certain company you will look like goon. Or is you are younger and they are not willing to stand you you will have to trail to a atm.

Obviously for larger payment cards can make sense sometimes. I just think the sensible thing for most adults to do is carry $50-$300 cash AND their cards. I don't understand this weird mission not to carry cash.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #606 on: September 15, 2016, 05:55:30 AM »
I don't carry cash because it's 2016. Sounds like you're just friends with poor lazy dipshits.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #607 on: September 15, 2016, 06:26:12 AM »
the only time i carry cash is if im going out of town, if im going to a place i know that im going to be tipping a lot (bars, concerts, sporting events), or places i know that dont except cards. its not that hard to figure it out ahead of time whether or not you're going to need cash. otherwise, its all cards for me. i dont even have a real wallet, its juts a small card holder.

the thing i hate is atms that charge you fees for withdrawals. theres is no way in hell im paying a fee for money that is mine. 

MeanestCleanestPenis

« Reply #608 on: September 15, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
I don't carry cash because it's 2016. Sounds like you're just friends with poor lazy dipshits.

Only one of my friends is most are great. I'm not against cards just people who don't carry cash. Despite the fact it is 2016 not even close to 100% of places take cards. There is also the fact you're spending history is completely traceable by the government or whoever else, that may not bother you though. I gamble a fair bit so I like to have cash ready to weigh people in if needed. You don't need to have your whole bank account with just $30-$40. I just think people that have this weird pride in not carrying cash are generally kooks or tight. Where as most of the really good, stand-up people I know keep a few notes handy for any eventuality.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #609 on: September 16, 2016, 12:09:49 PM »
Dude. I work in wild land fire. I go to some of the most remote places there are in this country. Everyone has the ability to take a card.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #610 on: September 16, 2016, 12:21:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Only one of my friends is most are great. I'm not against cards just people who don't carry cash. Despite the fact it is 2016 not even close to 100% of places take cards. There is also the fact you're spending history is completely traceable by the government or whoever else, that may not bother you though. I gamble a fair bit so I like to have cash ready to weigh people in if needed. You don't need to have your whole bank account with just $30-$40. I just think people that have this weird pride in not carrying cash are generally kooks or tight. Where as most of the really good, stand-up people I know keep a few notes handy for any eventuality.

Oh, yes! The government cannot wait to get their hands on those juicy millions of grocery store transactions.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #611 on: September 16, 2016, 12:29:27 PM »
you mean the hot dog venders in nyc been hiding their card readers this whole time?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:40:00 PM by Iceman »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #612 on: September 16, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »
I like to have $20-$40 cash on me, just in case. I don't really handle the money in the house so it's nice to not get grilled about why I spent $12 at Burger King 2 days in a row...
you never know about pre-cum 

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #613 on: September 16, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How often do those fucking machines go down? You got 3 people infront of the grocery store telling everyone cash only, or that printout at the drive thru window. Cards are pushed on us because you spend more with the convenience.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: September 16, 2016, 12:37:07 PM »
going to see if my card fits in the parking meter.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #615 on: September 16, 2016, 12:43:19 PM »
going to try to hand my drug dealer american express.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #616 on: September 16, 2016, 12:46:21 PM »
does she swipe it in......her vaj?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #617 on: September 16, 2016, 12:48:50 PM »
mrs. smith's garage sale takes plastic?

straight

« Reply #618 on: September 16, 2016, 12:51:53 PM »

Yo these take cards now

straight

« Reply #619 on: September 16, 2016, 12:55:45 PM »

I think you have to insert your chip

shit_for_brains

« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2016, 12:57:04 PM »
Okay for real when's the last time one of you bought parking or a hot dog? Did you not see either of these things?

They're everywhere. More common than not.

And if your drug dealer doesn't accept paypal you should trade up.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2016, 12:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo these take cards now

only some do

Expand Quote

[close]

I think you have to insert your chip

don't wanna catch the hiv.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:00:10 PM by Iceman »

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »
I like to have $20-$40 cash on me, just in case. I don't really handle the money in the house so it's nice to not get grilled about why I spent $12 at Burger King 2 days in a row...

damn dude what are you ordering?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: September 16, 2016, 12:59:45 PM »
Okay for real when's the last time one of you bought parking or a hot dog? Did you not see either of these things?

i guess nyc is behind on the street vendor thing. plenty of nearby nyc outskirts don't have parking meters that take card. and good thing i don't do drugs. pay pal'ing the drug dealer would make things much to easy for the dea.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #624 on: September 16, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i guess nyc is behind on the street vendor thing. plenty of nearby nyc outskirts don't have parking meters that take card. and good thing i don't do drugs. pay pal'ing the drug dealer would make things much to easy for the dea.

The DEA doesn't give a shit about any of us they wouldn't even approve overtime to investigate some guy smoking weed in his living room.

NYC is leading the charge on "paperless" food vendors. In 2015 alone they pushed out 500 new eco-friendly carts. I bet if you asked any regular hot dog slinger on the street they'd begrudgingly accept a card because they know they'll lose business otherwise.

The new parking meters will make their way to your neighborhood soon enough. As cities privatize their parking authority after seeing how much money it brings in for Philadelphia, they rip out old city owned meters and install these things because they don't require pensions and aren't in a union.

You guys got me on the hookers though. You always want to pay them in cash so you can keep the option of killing them.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: September 16, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »
the point stands that there are still enough services/vendors that only take cash that the best combo is $50 + card at all times. mrs. smith will thank you.

swag nollies

« Reply #626 on: September 16, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
Just keep a 20 on you fuck it... I just want to mention fuck wallets. I might could go velcro, but no. Ill just pay 15 every 6 mo. for a new license.

I like carry cash though, 1k and up makes you feel kinda safe and ballin.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #627 on: September 16, 2016, 02:53:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Whatever number the tendercrisp chicken sandwich, with cheese, medium sized, nuggets. I have a night class that runs from 5-8:30 once a week and I can't eat dinner before 5, that's insane. By the time I get out I'm starving and Burger King is down the street. Don't judge me.
you never know about pre-cum 

MeanestCleanestPenis

« Reply #628 on: September 16, 2016, 03:00:26 PM »

Why the fuck would you want to pay your drug dealer via paypal haha

I think you can pay for high end hookers with a card but I'll guess most don't.

Just seems weird you guys are desperate to only carry cards when cash is 100% anywhere outside internet shopping

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #629 on: September 16, 2016, 04:07:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Whatever number the tendercrisp chicken sandwich, with cheese, medium sized, nuggets. I have a night class that runs from 5-8:30 once a week and I can't eat dinner before 5, that's insane. By the time I get out I'm starving and Burger King is down the street. Don't judge me.

No judgement, i'm in the same boat with school. My ticket usually only gets up to like 8 or something though