Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 284987 times)

behavioralguide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #810 on: April 30, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »
people who ollie over the handrail to grind (showoff to fifty or whatever u want to call it)
 when the rail is not fixed on the top step (wich feels to me like wanting to be cool enough to showoff but  not having the ability to do so on a normal rail)
it annoys me even though the trick usualy is gnarly anyways

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #811 on: April 30, 2017, 12:14:12 PM »
Expand Quote
people who are incapable of being on time.

i have a bunch of habitually late friends and i want to murder them all.
I asked one dude why he is always late and his response was ' if i leave at the time im supposed to meet you, youll definitely be there when i arrive.. i hate waiting for people who are late.'

PURE UNFILTERED RAGE
[close]

this kills me. Regardless if im picking up a friend or a friend is picking me up, somehow im always waiting. It pisses me off so much. This one dude i know does the same thing every time, texts me saying "be at yours in 5 minutes" so ill go outside and wait, 20 minutes later he rolls in, i hate the idea of people waiting on me so im always pretty good with being on time so it annoys me when other people cant.

im glad someone understands! it really boils my piss

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #812 on: April 30, 2017, 02:57:19 PM »
If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. If you're late, don't bother showing up.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #813 on: April 30, 2017, 03:25:33 PM »
The early bird gets the worm, and the best waves.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #814 on: April 30, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »
If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. If you're late, don't bother showing up.

for business, dates, 1:1 link ups, trips etc yes.

when people think punctuality is a cultural construct, fair enough, it is. but when you think about business, love it or hate it how far we've come in the western world elevating the human quality of life via adhering to commitments etc...DEAL WITH IT AS AN EXPECTATION.

i've thought about this recently after hearing interviews on NPR focused on immigrants that don't understand time as a billable unit of commerce in some industries and having a difficult time assimilating which must really suck, like back home it's about the job being done within a general time period. then i thought about the stereotype of "colored people time" or whatever as a cultural heritage from unindustrialized nations. i guess if that works for you fine, but don't be thinking it's ok in a business setting showing up late on the regs which unfortunately i have to deal with at work and the "cultural sensitivities" involved.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #815 on: April 30, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When people think they are so unique because they have tattoos but don't like shots.

"Oh cool you have tattoos, how many do you have?"

"Oh like 10 but its so crazy because i hate shots though lol"

^The new vegans
[close]
::) cool logic there brah
[close]

Another pet peeve, vegans don't know how to take a joke

EDIT: Actually not all vegans, just you bro
[close]

you can switch back lip so I'll let it slide, just this once (your comparison still sucks though) :-*
[close]

No it doesn't. The point i made was people think they are so unique because they have tattoos but hate shots but in reality everyone basically hates shots. I never heard someone get excited because they have a doctors appointment lined and they cant wait to get a shot. Kind of like vegans, they think they are so unique because they only eat plants but basically everyone eats plants but just dont sniff their own farts doing but basically thats just you because you absolutely give normal vegans a bad name. You see other vegans on this forum that know how to take a joke but not you though, you are basically every meme that makes fun of vegans
[close]
k mate, you sure seem to "think" you know a lot about this topic 8) your pet peeve sucks btw, why would that even bother you?
p.s. I still like your switch back lips
[close]

I dont know, why does the last thing you posted in the things you are not stoked on thread make you not stoked?

p.s. your constant use of emojis make you look like a 14 year old
I think we're gunna have to agree to disagree here mate:
a) because you have a skewed and extremely shallow understanding of  (ethical) veganism
b) I don't want to become the next gipper on here
c) if we keep this up we may just have to get a room/ rim job each other
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:12:42 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #816 on: April 30, 2017, 11:43:16 PM »
When people want to have full blown conversations in-between goes on a session.
Small talk is understandable but I've had to warm up again on several occasions.

this
give me a beer if you want to say more than 2 words

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #817 on: May 01, 2017, 06:13:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When people think they are so unique because they have tattoos but don't like shots.

"Oh cool you have tattoos, how many do you have?"

"Oh like 10 but its so crazy because i hate shots though lol"

^The new vegans
[close]
::) cool logic there brah
[close]

Another pet peeve, vegans don't know how to take a joke

EDIT: Actually not all vegans, just you bro
[close]

you can switch back lip so I'll let it slide, just this once (your comparison still sucks though) :-*
[close]

No it doesn't. The point i made was people think they are so unique because they have tattoos but hate shots but in reality everyone basically hates shots. I never heard someone get excited because they have a doctors appointment lined and they cant wait to get a shot. Kind of like vegans, they think they are so unique because they only eat plants but basically everyone eats plants but just dont sniff their own farts doing but basically thats just you because you absolutely give normal vegans a bad name. You see other vegans on this forum that know how to take a joke but not you though, you are basically every meme that makes fun of vegans
[close]
k mate, you sure seem to "think" you know a lot about this topic 8) your pet peeve sucks btw, why would that even bother you?
p.s. I still like your switch back lips
[close]

I dont know, why does the last thing you posted in the things you are not stoked on thread make you not stoked?

p.s. your constant use of emojis make you look like a 14 year old
[close]
I think we're gunna have to agree to disagree here mate:
a) because you have a skewed and extremely shallow understanding of  (ethical) veganism
b) I don't want to become the next gipper on here
c) if we keep this up we may just have to get a room/ rim job each other

True, my bad. Having a shitty week and haven't been able to take my anger out with my skating. Ill still take that rim job offer though

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #818 on: May 01, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »
people that take their anger out on others just because they're having a shitty week

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #819 on: May 01, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »
Damn now i really feel the pain that gipper goes through on here. Like you know when you serve someone so badly then they keep chasing you around in each thread to try to redeem themselves

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #820 on: May 01, 2017, 02:18:51 PM »
Damn now i really feel the pain that gipper goes through on here. Like you know when you serve someone so badly then they keep chasing you around in each thread to try to redeem themselves
tobey you don't have the thinking ability to actually roast anyone lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #821 on: May 01, 2017, 03:26:05 PM »
I have worse grammar than you but you still end up looking like the bigger idiot

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #822 on: May 01, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »
Tobey kills it at life.

Plus he's not vegan
Gentleman ninja warlock

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #823 on: June 03, 2017, 11:27:21 AM »
getting that first sheet going off a new paper towel roll
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • dog stuff
« Reply #824 on: June 04, 2017, 03:16:55 AM »
i get annoyed by the whole cool guy schtick of not caring about things or denouncing them

saw that new part? meeh he sucks, i know others who do it better
vegans are annoying,
ethical production of goods? you homo
did you read the news? lolno I dont read the news
try to buy as little big corpo stuff as possible/ who cares
doing stuff for free < you (personnaly) have to gain atleast something

its not the nineties anymore, if you dont care you suck

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #825 on: June 04, 2017, 05:24:25 AM »
i get annoyed by the whole cool guy schtick of not caring about things or denouncing them

saw that new part? meeh he sucks, i know others who do it better
vegans are annoying,
ethical production of goods? you homo
did you read the news? lolno I dont read the news
try to buy as little big corpo stuff as possible/ who cares
doing stuff for free < you (personnaly) have to gain atleast something

its not the nineties anymore, if you dont care you suck

"I don't know that shit......Keepin' it real."- Chris Rock from Bigger and Blacker

There is a line between being a socially conscious, informed human being and caring way too much about little things and being in everyone's face about it. 

People want to be vegan, cool, but don't talk about it all the time or denounce people and spit your facts when they are just trying to grab a slice of pizza.  Everyone knows someone who is always getting into the current "cool" cause and treats it like it's the most important thing on earth.  Until the next "cool" cause comes around.  That's lame.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • dog stuff
« Reply #826 on: June 04, 2017, 06:07:18 AM »
"I don't know that shit......Keepin' it real."- Chris Rock from Bigger and Blacker

There is a line between being a socially conscious, informed human being and caring way too much about little things and being in everyone's face about it. 

People want to be vegan, cool, but don't talk about it all the time or denounce people and spit your facts when they are just trying to grab a slice of pizza.  Everyone knows someone who is always getting into the current "cool" cause and treats it like it's the most important thing on earth.  Until the next "cool" cause comes around.  That's lame.

I'm not a vegan, i dont know any 'in your face' vegans, I only encounter
  'who hate those in your face vegans'.
  'I dont have a problem with gay people but dont be too gay near me please'
  'My friends are black'

ofc its whack to critizing anyone else diet, but the fact that veganism is an educated* choice combined with the fact that knoledge is based in 'doing something right/different/better' then what is the dietary concesus in a world where they, therefor, often have to explain themselves makes for a combination that other people find offensive...

*FUCKING DISCLAIMER BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE WILL OFC ZOOM INTO THIS BIT, WHEN I SAY EDUCATED I MEAN ACTUALLY KNOWING WHY, NOT JUST INNIT FOR THE LOOKS AND 'BECAUSE ALL THE HOT GIRLS GO TO THIS VEGAN BAR AND I WANNA HOOK UP' TYPE OF VEGANS

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #827 on: June 04, 2017, 10:07:28 PM »
there's a big trend at the moment on youtube for "SJW debunkers" (or whatever the fuck you want to call them?) to try and attack/ debate with vegans over their ethics and it's absolutely cringe-inducing to watch.
That's all I really have to say about the topic. People tend to have this sort of irrational hate for vegans because of the internet and not because of any real life interaction they've actually had with them.
*coughs* roaming millennial *coughs*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #828 on: June 05, 2017, 06:29:29 AM »
there's a big trend at the moment on youtube for "SJW debunkers" (or whatever the fuck you want to call them?) to try and attack/ debate with vegans over their ethics and it's absolutely cringe-inducing to watch.
That's all I really have to say about the topic. People tend to have this sort of irrational hate for vegans because of the internet and not because of any real life interaction they've actually had with them.
*coughs* roaming millennial *coughs*
This is so on point, I think many people base their "hate" for vegans on buzzfeed lists or someshit. For some context, now imagine someone who only knows skating from "10 reasons why skaters are annoying" lists talking to you about why skating is stupid, with the devastating combination of utter condescension and COMPLETE lack of knowledge

Pigeon

« Reply #829 on: June 06, 2017, 12:32:39 PM »
when someone's alarm goes off but it takes nearly an hour to turn it off

dirty ol man

« Reply #830 on: June 12, 2017, 05:22:06 PM »
when someone says you're being defensive when you're even toned and clarifying your POV.

chicks HATE that shit and it's sabotaged relationships for me, likely my recent breakup. i guess i have a psychological disorder that helping someone to understand or clarify if there's a misinterpretation, seems better than just leaving a misunderstanding unresolved.

the "victory" so to speak is just letting time pass and let bitches trip.

shit's never going to be "fair" with jawns, but choosing your battles is clearly the key to longevity. it just fucks my mind that someone can say "you're being defensive or argumentative" when you say (x) someone completely understands it as (y) and you're like oh, no this is what i meant. i'm not trying to be right or have the last word, believe me.

i refuse to be beaten down like some of my sorry ass friends that are married that just stop talking and probably fap in the shower every morning on some american beauty shit.

i'm fucked.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #831 on: June 12, 2017, 08:12:49 PM »
when someone says you're being defensive when you're even toned and clarifying your POV.

chicks HATE that shit and it's sabotaged relationships for me, likely my recent breakup. i guess i have a psychological disorder that helping someone to understand or clarify if there's a misinterpretation, seems better than just leaving a misunderstanding unresolved.

shit's never going to be "fair" with jawns, but choosing your battles is clearly the key to longevity. it just fucks my mind that someone can say "you're being defensive or argumentative" when you say (x) someone completely understands it as (y) and you're like oh, no this is what i meant. i'm not trying to be right or have the last word, believe me.

i refuse to be beaten down like some of my sorry ass friends that are married that just stop talking and probably fap in the shower every morning on some american beauty shit.

i'm fucked.

I relate to this. I usually get to far in before i realise its a losing battle and not worth my time

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #832 on: June 13, 2017, 02:14:20 AM »
Expand Quote

i'm fucked.

[close]

I relate to this. I usually get to far in before i realise its a losing battle and not worth my time
You can be right or you can be happy.......marraige in a nutshell
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #833 on: June 13, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »
Hahahah marriage stories can be hilarious/horrific.

Im Pretty lucky that my wife is extremely chill. We fight maybe once or twice a year, and it's not even really fighting. She just won't talk to me for a few days.

She was pissed yesterday though when I yelled at my brother in law. I was being an asshole though. He legit deserved it but he had just gotten back from a funeral, so my bad.
Gentleman ninja warlock

dirty ol man

« Reply #834 on: June 13, 2017, 07:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote

i'm fucked.

[close]

by then it's much too late. nobody cares about who is in the right or in the wrong, it's about who handles themselves more "maturely". there has to be a winner. that's why 50/50 modern relationships grate each other down, while less "progressive" traditional relationships with the male being the winner works longer at the cost of the female, so long as she can brag about how he made her feel special with objects.

to that reality it's no wonder people realize that interaction with anyone but your true friends and your soul mate(s) are a mere calculated game to get the upper hand. you also have a window of 20 years to accomplish this 18-38, otherwise if you don't life in a cosmopolitan city you are a tired fuck.

it's why we're DOOMED.

kook nukem

« Reply #835 on: June 13, 2017, 10:22:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

i'm fucked.

[close]

[close]

by then it's much too late. nobody cares about who is in the right or in the wrong, it's about who handles themselves more "maturely". there has to be a winner. that's why 50/50 modern relationships grate each other down, while less "progressive" traditional relationships with the male being the winner works longer at the cost of the female, so long as she can brag about how he made her feel special with objects.

to that reality it's no wonder people realize that interaction with anyone but your true friends and your soul mate(s) are a mere calculated game to get the upper hand. you also have a window of 20 years to accomplish this 18-38, otherwise if you don't life in a cosmopolitan city you are a tired fuck.

it's why we're DOOMED.
Please elaborate.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #836 on: June 14, 2017, 10:17:17 AM »
you have to pick your battles and know who youre trying to "explain" things to. a lot of people out there are thick skulled and have their feet buried so far into their own beliefs that there is nothing you can do to even make them consider your side of things. i know that letting people get away with their bullshit all the time isnt fair, but arguing with those people is like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. save yourself the frustration and try to pick better company.

and fights over misunderstandings are guaranteed in any relationship. i think the key to making it work has to do with how easily you can forgive the other person for their faults. if you cant forgive them, or if theyre crossing the line too frequently, then you shouldnt be with that person.

MadPanda

• Rep: -5
  • "Don't give up on your dream. Keep sleeping."
« Reply #837 on: June 17, 2017, 10:25:25 PM »
Extroverts especially when they force me to talk. Like, fuck you. Mind your business.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #838 on: June 29, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
when my favorite cable channels get new numbers
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #839 on: July 01, 2017, 06:00:08 AM »
you have to pick your battles and know who youre trying to "explain" things to. a lot of people out there are thick skulled and have their feet buried so far into their own beliefs that there is nothing you can do to even make them consider your side of things. i know that letting people get away with their bullshit all the time isnt fair, but arguing with those people is like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. save yourself the frustration and try to pick better company.

and fights over misunderstandings are guaranteed in any relationship. i think the key to making it work has to do with how easily you can forgive the other person for their faults. if you cant forgive them, or if theyre crossing the line too frequently, then you shouldnt be with that person.
This is the key. You're all mad if you think logic, reasoning or being "right" is gonna get you anywhere. Pick your battles, most of them are not worth fighting because you can't win no matter what. I'm just happy my wife puts up with me so in exchange I put up with her even when she's "wrong".