Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 284938 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1110 on: June 19, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
People who take themselves seriously but treat basic grammar like a cumrag.

too*
you're*
they're*

and for some reason, this one really gets under my skin - "fucken"

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1111 on: June 19, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »
It’s annoying but the online your/you’re correctors are even worse. They think their so fucken smart

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1112 on: June 19, 2018, 12:46:03 PM »
ur so mean dude

shark tits

« Reply #1113 on: June 19, 2018, 12:51:12 PM »
I hate when I can't nut while jerk in off in the shower
i hated when it would stick to my hand after. like the clear prostate jelly or whatever goes away and you're left w/ stark white schmegma that doesn't wash away.
'shower babies' in jail parlance.
i read somewhere cold water doesn't do that so if you're gonna jerk in water, use cold? sounds great for the old erection.......

ungzilla

« Reply #1114 on: June 19, 2018, 07:42:46 PM »
the sound of people walking in flip flops drives me into a homicidal rage

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1115 on: June 20, 2018, 09:08:06 AM »
Presentations that start like this:

"Good morning everyone."
"Good morning."
"You can do better than that. I said GOOD MORNING!"

Fuck you. Get on with the show.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1116 on: June 20, 2018, 09:45:48 AM »
Presentations that start like this:

"Good morning everyone."
"Good morning."
"You can do better than that. I said GOOD MORNING!"

Fuck you. Get on with the show.
Uhhh, those people are literally Hitler

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1117 on: June 20, 2018, 10:57:01 AM »
-When people use “said” to talk about something they just mentioned.  Example:  “So I pay for the coffee and as I’m drinking said coffee I realize it’s not even hot...”.

It’s such a cheap way to try to seem really smart and witty without having to be smart or witty.

-Corporate business talk like “just wanted to close the loop with you on this” or says “reach out” instead of “contact”.

-Using the word “optics” to talk about an appearance.  For example, “This could be bad PR, the optics of the situation aren’t good.”

-The word “calculus” when it’s not about math.  For example, “I’m not sure of the specific calculus that went into making that decision.”

-  When people throw a little rhetorical “right?” when they are talking about something.  “The guy told me he is leasing the building, right?  So the bank thinks he is the property owner, right?  So he asks to speak to their manager, right?”

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #1118 on: June 20, 2018, 11:18:30 AM »
i resemble said post^

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #1119 on: June 20, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »
-When people use “said” to talk about something they just mentioned.  Example:  “So I pay for the coffee and as I’m drinking said coffee I realize it’s not even hot...”.

It’s such a cheap way to try to seem really smart and witty without having to be smart or witty.

-Corporate business talk like “just wanted to close the loop with you on this” or says “reach out” instead of “contact”.

-Using the word “optics” to talk about an appearance.  For example, “This could be bad PR, the optics of the situation aren’t good.”

-The word “calculus” when it’s not about math.  For example, “I’m not sure of the specific calculus that went into making that decision.”

-  When people throw a little rhetorical “right?” when they are talking about something.  “The guy told me he is leasing the building, right?  So the bank thinks he is the property owner, right?  So he asks to speak to their manager, right?”
Wherever you are, you need to leave.

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1120 on: June 20, 2018, 12:12:46 PM »

Douchebag

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #1121 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »
Micromanagement, especially by people who don't outrank you.

Roommates not doing their fucking dishes

Customers making stupid shitty jokes you have to smile at, especially in a rush situation. I'm transitioning to just responding "yeah..." and just moving on.

People haggling over fixed prices. I fucking hate hagglers
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #1122 on: June 20, 2018, 02:12:03 PM »
Micromanagement, especially by people who don't outrank you.

Roommates not doing their fucking dishes

Customers making stupid shitty jokes you have to smile at, especially in a rush situation. I'm transitioning to just responding "yeah..." and just moving on.

People haggling over fixed prices. I fucking hate hagglers
definitely backing this list
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #1123 on: June 20, 2018, 02:18:47 PM »
i hate hagglers the worst even though i've been known to go to skateshop w/ X amount of dollars and see if they can't finagel a bagel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIhyVRuIbNM

calvinsdream

« Reply #1124 on: June 20, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »

boo hoo

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1125 on: June 20, 2018, 03:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

boo hoo

Isn’t that the point of the thread? 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1126 on: June 20, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

boo hoo
[close]

I back everything on this list.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1127 on: June 20, 2018, 04:22:06 PM »
I'll sneak in a super fast, "i dunno, wasn't there", to that kind of rhetorical "right?".
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1128 on: June 20, 2018, 04:28:01 PM »
I also don't like "per usual" or "per so-and-so's request".

I don't care if it's correct, the only people who talk like that are people trying to sound smart. 

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #1129 on: June 20, 2018, 04:30:16 PM »
People on planes and airports have endless things that drive me crazy, but one that happens frequently that pisses me off so much is when the plane lands and finally comes to a stop, someone immediately stands up, gets their bag, and then walks up towards the fronts. Bitch, we go aisle by aisle and you're not better than everyone else.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #1130 on: June 20, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
my pet peeve is people bitching about nothing

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #1131 on: June 20, 2018, 10:16:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

boo hoo
[close]

[close]

I back everything on this list.

Me too, I also cringe at jargon and unnecessary phrases. I give it more of a pass if it's conversational and isn't used too much, but still. I think I even mentioned it before, but I can't stand the countless, pointless "that said" phrases either.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #1132 on: June 21, 2018, 03:42:39 AM »
Having to do the donkey work on projects where the higher ups keep adding "nice to haves" then having to present their stupid off brief ideas to their management and being told to cut all those "nice to haves" that have taken longer to implement than anything else. Very specific but it just happened >:(
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #1133 on: June 21, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
Natural mint choco chip ice cream. If it not green with artificial mint you can fuck right off. Fuckin dicks always ruin shit.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1134 on: June 21, 2018, 02:02:30 PM »
Mint chocolate chip ice cream is trash and I'm not convinced that anyone actually likes it. I think people think it's some type of sophisticated ice cream flavor and that's why they order it.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #1135 on: June 21, 2018, 02:06:36 PM »
Fuck you dude its the best one. It is only for smart people though.

Neapolitan is for retards.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #1136 on: June 21, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
Mint chocolate chip ice cream is trash and I'm not convinced that anyone actually likes it. I think people think it's some type of sophisticated ice cream flavor and that's why they order it.
You're clearly not refined enough for it, you fucking philistine.

JK but honestly I almost think of it as more of a little kid flavor. I've loved mint chip since I first tasted it as maybe a 5 year old. It's definitely not sophisticated.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1137 on: June 21, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »
My fav is blood orange cardamom in gluten free stevia cone
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:18:05 PM by fulltechnicalskizzy »

calvinsdream

« Reply #1138 on: June 21, 2018, 02:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

boo hoo
[close]

my pet peeve is people bitching about nothing

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1139 on: June 21, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
even better is peppermint ice cream
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?