Author Topic: Mexican Drug War  (Read 2795 times)

Canuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Mexican Drug War
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:38 AM »
Hello internet highway web users,

Has anyone been following this? It is unbelievably violent. In the past two years about 8,000 people (civilians, police, government officals and cartel members) have been murdered. And now the US is concerned this type of violence may spill over the boarder and in a worse case scenario it may cause the Mexican government to fail. The great irony is that North Americans weekend party activities are providing the money to fuel this battle.

On top of that, Forbes Magazine included Sinaloa Cartel head Joaquin Guzman Loera as 701 on their list of billionaires. The whole thing is extremely complex.

This video shows the immense brutality involved:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-monterrey7-2008dec07,0,5447755.story

Some articles:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7961670.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7457153.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7422870.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7393443.stm

EDIT. The reason I post this is because its been getting a lot coverage in the news recently.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:28:22 AM by Canuck »

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
Re: Mexican Drug War
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »
that's why i buy canadian weed and don't do blow (well that and it's disgusting)
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:31:54 AM »
holy shit that first link is fucked up

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »
hopefully they come here so i can get some drugs lol
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »
that first video is pretty gnarly

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »
Excessive yuppies and frat boys, ruining the world, one country at a time.
As far as weed goes, I buy American! Its cheaper, better, and less morally questionable.
The U.S. should get involved in this, it will directly effect our safety, and our citizens are responsible for it. I believe in non-intervention for the most part, but there is a major geographical difference between Mexico and every other country we have ever invaded.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 01:00:30 PM »
I won't believe any of it until some random Fox News pundits sit around in a studio discussing it in depth.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 01:09:26 PM »
Excessive yuppies and frat boys, ruining the world, one country at a time.
As far as weed goes, I buy American! Its cheaper, better, and less morally questionable.
The U.S. should get involved in this, it will directly effect our safety, and our citizens are responsible for it. I believe in non-intervention for the most part, but there is a major geographical difference between Mexico and every other country we have ever invaded.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7949665.stm

THAT PUNTA

• Rep: -7
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 01:20:50 PM »
was the group that got shot up part of a gang or something? looks like the guy tries to go for a gun before he got shot. 

regardless i agree its out of control and already spilling into the u.s.   i was watching some special on it and they had a guy in arizona maybe - the guy was holding another guy hostage and had his wife on the phone and was saying ''were cutting off his hand - which one do you want - right or left ? ''  the lady started yelling and the guy just kept saying  '' right or left right or left ''  they put the guy on the phone and he tells his wife  '' they are going to kill me ''  i guess he owed alot of money to mexican drug lords and wasnt paying.... luckily there was a swat team already watching the house and the guy got saved.

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »
there was an off duty police officer (i think high ranking) and his wife, an unarmed security guard, and one other person.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 01:37:23 PM »
that shit was just straight brutal. why the fuck that guy have to put the finishing shots on the lady and the security guard like that. the security guard apparently just took that job because it made a little more and he was saving up for her 15th bday.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 01:47:23 PM »
Wow Monterrey has gotten harsh since I was last there. I didn't read the article, did something happen in the last 2 years for them them to dredge up that footy?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 01:53:55 PM »
Wow Monterrey has gotten harsh since I was last there. I didn't read the article, did something happen in the last 2 years for them them to dredge up that footy?

MAJOR DRUG WAR. Mexico is no longer safe. Don't go there. You'll get kidnapped or killed.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

MAJOR DRUG WAR. Mexico is no longer safe. Don't go there. You'll get kidnapped or killed.
I'm not too sure Mexico has ever been safe, but I didn't want to read 8 pages of that, is there a reason they were using 2 year old footy?

DICK RIDER

• Rep: -1
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 08:57:43 PM »
mexico was never safe..... shakedown by cops, taxi drivers, lurkers.  you step over the border and anything goes...... those five dollar endless lobster dinners dont seem so worth it anymore but ill always remember the donkey show.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 09:27:51 PM »
I remember reading a skate tour article in some magazine years back that described them all getting arrested and taken to separate places, being interrogated by police who claim the others had confessed to something ridiculous, who then extorted bribes from everyone involved. Kinda spooked me then, now realizing the full extent of the corruption there, it's ridiculous.

Shit is pretty much Iraq status right there. Craziness.

Dr. Newton 2.0

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 10:24:55 PM »
I told you scrubs this weeks ago... not one of you listened. I hope you all get arrested and deported to Mexico.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »
mexico was never safe..... shakedown by cops, taxi drivers, lurkers.  you step over the border and anything goes...... those five dollar endless lobster dinners dont seem so worth it anymore but ill always remember the donkey show.
No, mexico was sketchy, and unsafe for suckers. Now it is dangerous for anybody. They'll kidnap any tourist off the street now.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 10:51:40 PM »
Buy American drugs.  There ain't no kush coming from Mexico.  If it looks like it spent a few days being crushed in the shoe of a Mexican and is full of seeds, don't buy it.
do more yoga!

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 12:14:16 AM »
regarding the Sinaloa Cartel....

this article was taken from the dea website. there was a huge bust last month that made a dent in the cartel. check out how much shit the feds got!

WASHINGTON – DEA Acting Administrator Michele Leonhart and Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. today announced the arrest of more than 750 individuals on narcotics-related charges and the seizure of more than 23 tons of narcotics as part of a 21-month multi-agency law enforcement investigation known as “Operation Xcellerator.”

Today, 52 individuals in California, Minnesota and Maryland were arrested as part of Operation Xcellerator, which targeted the Sinaloa Cartel, a major Mexican drug trafficking organization, through coordination between federal, state and local law enforcement, as well as cooperation with authorities in Mexico and Canada.

The Sinaloa Cartel is responsible for bringing multi-ton quantities of narcotics, including cocaine and marijuana, from Mexico into the United States through an enterprise of distribution cells in the United States and Canada. The Sinaloa Cartel is also believed to be responsible for laundering millions of dollars in criminal proceeds from illegal drug trafficking activities. Individuals indicted in the cases are charged with a variety of crimes, including: engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise by violating various felony provisions of the Controlled Substances Act; conspiracy to import controlled substances; money laundering; and possession of an unregistered firearm.

“We successfully concluded the largest and hardest hitting operation to ever target the very violent and dangerously powerful Sinaloa drug cartel,” said DEA Acting Administrator Michele M. Leonhart. “From Washington to Maine, we have disrupted this cartel’s domestic operations—arresting U.S. cell heads and stripping them of more than $59 million in cash—and seriously impacted their Canadian drug operations as well. DEA will continue to work with our domestic and international partners to shut down the operations of the Sinaloa cartel and stop the ruthless violence the traffickers inflict on innocent citizens in the U.S., Mexico and Canada.”

“International drug trafficking organizations pose a sustained, serious threat to the safety and security of our communities,” said Attorney General Holder. “As the world grows smaller and international criminals step up their efforts to operate inside our borders, the Department of Justice will confront them head on to keep our communities safe.”

To date, Operation Xcellerator has led to the arrest of 755 individuals and the seizure of approximately

- $59.1 million in U.S. currency,
- more than 12,000 kilograms of cocaine
- more than 16,000 pounds of marijuana
- more than 1,200 pounds of methamphetamine
- more than 8 kilograms of heroin
- approximately 1.3 million pills of Ecstasy
- more than $6.5 million in other assets
- 149 vehicles,
- 3 aircraft,
- 3 maritime vessels
- 169 weapons.

The 21-month investigation began shortly after the culmination of Operation Imperial Emperor, an investigation which resulted in the indictment of Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF)-designated Consolidated Priority Organizational Target (CPOT) Victor Emilio Cazarez-Salazar, believed to be a command and control leader within the Sinaloa Cartel. CPOT Victor Cazarez-Salazar remains a fugitive.

As a result of today’s arrests, federal charges were unsealed against numerous individuals in California, Minnesota and Maryland. Cases resulting from Operation Xcellerator are being handled by prosecutors in 11 judicial districts, including the: Central District of California; Southern District of California, District of Minnesota; District of Maryland; Southern District of New York; District of Arizona; District of Massachusetts; Middle District of Pennsylvania; Northern District of Ohio; Western District of Texas; and Eastern District of California. Assistance for Operation Xcellerator was provided by the Criminal Division’s Narcotic and Dangerous Drug Section and Office of International Affairs. Additionally, local prosecutions will occur in Los Angeles, Orange County, Calif., and Riverside, Calif.

The investigative efforts in Operation Xcellerator were coordinated by the multi-agency Special Operations Division, comprised of agents and analysts from the DEA, FBI, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Marshals Service, as well as attorneys from the Criminal Division’s Narcotic and Dangerous Drug Section. More than 200 federal, state, local and foreign law enforcement agencies contributed investigative and prosecutorial resources to Operation Xcellerator through OCEDTF.

An indictment is merely an allegation and is not evidence of guilt. A defendant is entitled to a fair trial in which it will be the government’s burden to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:43:49 PM by realitycontrol »
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 06:40:45 AM »
reagrding the Sinaloa Cartel....

this article was taken from the dea website. there was a huge bust last month that made a dent in the cartel. check out how much shit the feds got!

WASHINGTON – DEA Acting Administrator Michele Leonhart and Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. today announced the arrest of more than 750 individuals on narcotics-related charges and the seizure of more than 23 tons of narcotics as part of a 21-month multi-agency law enforcement investigation known as “Operation Xcellerator.”

Today, 52 individuals in California, Minnesota and Maryland were arrested as part of Operation Xcellerator, which targeted the Sinaloa Cartel, a major Mexican drug trafficking organization, through coordination between federal, state and local law enforcement, as well as cooperation with authorities in Mexico and Canada.

The Sinaloa Cartel is responsible for bringing multi-ton quantities of narcotics, including cocaine and marijuana, from Mexico into the United States through an enterprise of distribution cells in the United States and Canada. The Sinaloa Cartel is also believed to be responsible for laundering millions of dollars in criminal proceeds from illegal drug trafficking activities. Individuals indicted in the cases are charged with a variety of crimes, including: engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise by violating various felony provisions of the Controlled Substances Act; conspiracy to import controlled substances; money laundering; and possession of an unregistered firearm.

“We successfully concluded the largest and hardest hitting operation to ever target the very violent and dangerously powerful Sinaloa drug cartel,” said DEA Acting Administrator Michele M. Leonhart. “From Washington to Maine, we have disrupted this cartel’s domestic operations—arresting U.S. cell heads and stripping them of more than $59 million in cash—and seriously impacted their Canadian drug operations as well. DEA will continue to work with our domestic and international partners to shut down the operations of the Sinaloa cartel and stop the ruthless violence the traffickers inflict on innocent citizens in the U.S., Mexico and Canada.”

“International drug trafficking organizations pose a sustained, serious threat to the safety and security of our communities,” said Attorney General Holder. “As the world grows smaller and international criminals step up their efforts to operate inside our borders, the Department of Justice will confront them head on to keep our communities safe.”

To date, Operation Xcellerator has led to the arrest of 755 individuals and the seizure of approximately

- $59.1 million in U.S. currency,
- more than 12,000 kilograms of cocaine
- more than 16,000 pounds of marijuana
- more than 1,200 pounds of methamphetamine
- more than 8 kilograms of heroin
- approximately 1.3 million pills of Ecstasy
- more than $6.5 million in other assets
- 149 vehicles,
- 3 aircraft,
- 3 maritime vessels
- 169 weapons.

The 21-month investigation began shortly after the culmination of Operation Imperial Emperor, an investigation which resulted in the indictment of Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF)-designated Consolidated Priority Organizational Target (CPOT) Victor Emilio Cazarez-Salazar, believed to be a command and control leader within the Sinaloa Cartel. CPOT Victor Cazarez-Salazar remains a fugitive.

As a result of today’s arrests, federal charges were unsealed against numerous individuals in California, Minnesota and Maryland. Cases resulting from Operation Xcellerator are being handled by prosecutors in 11 judicial districts, including the: Central District of California; Southern District of California, District of Minnesota; District of Maryland; Southern District of New York; District of Arizona; District of Massachusetts; Middle District of Pennsylvania; Northern District of Ohio; Western District of Texas; and Eastern District of California. Assistance for Operation Xcellerator was provided by the Criminal Division’s Narcotic and Dangerous Drug Section and Office of International Affairs. Additionally, local prosecutions will occur in Los Angeles, Orange County, Calif., and Riverside, Calif.

The investigative efforts in Operation Xcellerator were coordinated by the multi-agency Special Operations Division, comprised of agents and analysts from the DEA, FBI, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Marshals Service, as well as attorneys from the Criminal Division’s Narcotic and Dangerous Drug Section. More than 200 federal, state, local and foreign law enforcement agencies contributed investigative and prosecutorial resources to Operation Xcellerator through OCEDTF.

An indictment is merely an allegation and is not evidence of guilt. A defendant is entitled to a fair trial in which it will be the government’s burden to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

yeah, but how much of that was swag?

damian

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 06:51:37 AM »
in order for mexico to get its swag back, we need to sendover my favorite skateboarders to skate for peace.
jason dill, brian anderson, and dennis busenitz, with guests tony manfre and reese forbes. together we can ollie narco-terrorism.
amirite?

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 06:56:24 AM »
That might help, but the only thing that can really stabilize this whole mexico situation is if they bring back Zorlac.  When they got rid of that, the mexican everyman had nothing to live for and his world spiraled into a haze of prophylactic wonderwall.

damian

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 07:48:13 AM »
alex parker-olson ollied the entire macba street, this may be his territory. with his father, i know he has the necessary experience with drugs and mexicans alike.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 06:14:30 PM »

This is what 205 million dollars looks like. It was taken out of the walls of a home in Mexico City.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »
tortas sina loa is a cover up for heroin trafficking.

they dont even make tortas in sina loa.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

WonkaBar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 09:00:35 PM »
this stuff is starting to spill over into AZ and TX. the billions we spend on the "war on drugs" is divided between so many agencies but we have to start tightening down the border as far as trafficking goes.

illegal drugs are a $400 billion a year market and the heads we cut off grow back twice. the shit gets discouraging but we need to worry about here before we start crusading into Mexico

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 05:50:39 PM »
Unbridled brutality. Gunmen enter a party and fire indiscriminately. 13 dead. Fucking horrible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8490366.stm

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 05:38:37 AM »
all over schwag

RicoTron

• Rep: 5
  • Beers, Boards, Bombs
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 08:54:48 AM »
Mexico isn't really that bad when  you compare it to other countries. This upsurge in violence though is due to both governments cutting down on their profits, right now it's so bad that they have begun pushing drugs on the population in Mexico to make up for what they lost in the U.S. I find it really surprising that people are scared of whats going on there jumping into the United States since drug violence has always been here in the U.S. Does anyone remember the crack epidemic that ravaged the U.S. in the 80's? Supposedly America was going to have a humongous murder rate that was going to spread into the affluent white suburbs, but stopped after major cocaine producers in Columbia were ravaged by internal greed, paranoia and U.S. intelligence. If you ask me this problem would be solved if people just stopped buying Mexican drugs.