Author Topic: Mexican Drug War  (Read 2790 times)

Canuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mexican Drug War
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »
Mexico isn't really that bad when  you compare it to other countries. This upsurge in violence though is due to both governments cutting down on their profits, right now it's so bad that they have begun pushing drugs on the population in Mexico to make up for what they lost in the U.S. I find it really surprising that people are scared of whats going on there jumping into the United States since drug violence has always been here in the U.S. Does anyone remember the crack epidemic that ravaged the U.S. in the 80's? Supposedly America was going to have a humongous murder rate that was going to spread into the affluent white suburbs, but stopped after major cocaine producers in Columbia were ravaged by internal greed, paranoia and U.S. intelligence. If you ask me this problem would be solved if people just stopped buying Mexican drugs.

Exactly.

But, when's that gonna happen?

RicoTron

• Rep: 5
  • Beers, Boards, Bombs
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 12:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Mexico isn't really that bad when  you compare it to other countries. This upsurge in violence though is due to both governments cutting down on their profits, right now it's so bad that they have begun pushing drugs on the population in Mexico to make up for what they lost in the U.S. I find it really surprising that people are scared of whats going on there jumping into the United States since drug violence has always been here in the U.S. Does anyone remember the crack epidemic that ravaged the U.S. in the 80's? Supposedly America was going to have a humongous murder rate that was going to spread into the affluent white suburbs, but stopped after major cocaine producers in Columbia were ravaged by internal greed, paranoia and U.S. intelligence. If you ask me this problem would be solved if people just stopped buying Mexican drugs.
[close]

Exactly.

But, when's that gonna happen?
When Canada starts stepping up on their distribution routes! lol

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »
Unbridled brutality. Gunmen enter a party and fire indiscriminately. 13 dead. Fucking horrible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8490366.stm

Looking at some stuff on Mexican websites it's pretty insane. The house is real small and there's just blood everywhere. There were supposed to be something like 60 people there, so I guess it could have been worse. I can't imagine living in that kind of environment.