Author Topic: Paradox Grip  (Read 41660 times)

grimcity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Paradox Grip
« Reply #480 on: June 24, 2009, 10:01:16 PM »
Review:

Ok, so I didn't try Paradox to prove anything wrong and I put it on as if it were any other grip tape. I didn't ride around with it on expecting to be able to skate any better than usual either, i had my standard positive mindset that I get when I get the chance to skate. And the griptape doesn't make a difference. I don't think that comes as a surprise to anyone here. It wasn't bad grip tape, it just wasn't "magic" (what a shocker). It skates like everyother grip tape you have ever tried, but at least it was free so no complaints.

After I skated it I looked into the alleged technology behind it and it's not even remotely credible. I say someone should give this thread the Simpson's treatment and let it die or something because this guy shouldn't be getting any more publicity.
I'm working on a deck/paradox board review and my experience with the grip is the same. It's griptape. It does things that griptape normally does. So far the only unique thing about it are the holograms embedded in the adhesive side.

I can honestly say that this is the first time I've ever skated griptape that had holograms in it. They're there all right. Anyway, should have footy up in another week and a half or two.

Trickskatin

• Rep: 53
« Reply #481 on: June 25, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »
I tried out a sheet on my last deck and really liked it. Like everyone else, I didn't notice any "magic," BUT as far as griptape is concerned, it is a very good product. As far as being unique, the holograms made me laugh a bit, but the 70/80 grit combination was really effective. It seemed like a good balance between standard jessup and shoe destroying mob, black magic, etc. As a plus the stuff cuts like butter and I didn't have any edges peeling up even after 3 or 4 weeks.

As far as the "thinking positive" aspect of the grip tape, all this positive energy effecting the grip thing might be a stretch, but looking down at the Paradox logo and the story behind it and imagining Ari talking about ancient Chinese zen shit on SLAP would always make me laugh at the absurdity of all this. So I guess in some weird way the grip made me more positive when I was skating it.

Lastly, I don't understand all this hate. I'd like to think this powerbalance, magic technology is sort of a joke. But even if it the makers actually believe in all that, the bottom line is that this is a small up-and-coming company that's making a product that's superior to the competitors at the same price. What's not to like?

I know its just grip tape, and I was skeptical before I tried it, but Paradox is definitely an improvement from Mob and Jessup.

My name is Ari Penis-Gold and my penis is also in my mouth.

• Rep: -3658
« Reply #482 on: June 29, 2009, 04:25:50 AM »
 What's not to like?

I know its just grip tape, and I was skeptical before I tried it, but Paradox is definitely an improvement from Mob and Jessup.[/quote]

Another good review, hmm i sense a pattern here.

ari, if i get a sheet, can i change the ionization and positive charge of the grip by telling it that it's parents don't love it and it will continue making poor decisions in life?  will this effect the fun-to-magic ratio of my grip performance?  will this enhance my griptapes performance because it will now be eager to prove me wrong?

also does it come in green?

Black only, sorry bruddah. No, your energy cannot overide the circuits, just make them less effective.
GRim: Looking forward to your review

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #483 on: July 05, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »
Ok, I apologize in advance if I'm talking in a kind of "Skateboarding 101"way at times. A lot of the people that subscribe to my channel are groms, s I try to explain what I can.

Anyway, the review is partly about the deck that was sent to me by a little crew out of Connecticut, the rest is PARADOX. It might help to view the video info on each one for more opining.

This part is the boring overview, prelude and setup (no skating, just talking):

This is part two, with some skating and a summary:

I doubt you'd miss much by skipping the first video. Glad it's done 'cause it's been fucking hot.

WWD4D?

« Reply #484 on: July 05, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »
Good review man.

I'd write a little about what I thought about the grip, but sadly I didn't even get to try it out. I was sent a sample in the mail and as I was trying to apply it onto my board that shit would not stick on at all. Everytime I'd try to trim the sides the grip would move out of place because it just wouldn't stick to the top of my board. I ended up just peeling it off. I dunno if it was a bad batch of adhesives used on my sheet, but it just would not stay on. I ended up buying a sheet of jessup instead.

Trickskatin

• Rep: 53
« Reply #485 on: July 05, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »
This is part two, with some skating and a summary:

I doubt you'd miss much by skipping the first video. Glad it's done 'cause it's been fucking hot.

Well obviously the grip was irreparably  damaged when you cut out not only the Paradox logo, but also at least one of the PowerBalance holograms on the bottom. It can only work at its full potential when the space-time-marketing continuum is intact.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #486 on: July 05, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »
Ari said you could cut them, but still, I had like five intact holomagics in there. I should have been able to change physics at will.

Jack Hoffe

« Reply #487 on: May 13, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #488 on: May 13, 2013, 08:43:16 PM »
wow are you fucking serious??

skate361

« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2013, 09:52:26 PM »
I don't care about the whole hologram thing or whatever but i just ordered a sheet of this with my board because it was cheaper than mob and the site had no jessup. for those that tried it, is it as tough as mob? does it destroy your shoes? or is it more mellow

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #490 on: June 22, 2013, 10:28:35 PM »
I don't care about the whole hologram thing or whatever but i just ordered a sheet of this with my board because it was cheaper than mob and the site had no jessup. for those that tried it, is it as tough as mob? does it destroy your shoes? or is it more mellow
i kno u must b really worried bout the performance of the grip u r gettin , ok ,i've been there trust me, very nerve racking i kno. but basically the grip is unbelievably good . like sometiems when i skate my shoe laces come untied n while i was sk8ing paradox the grip actually tied my shoes for me on 3 different occasions. i can't explain this shit but it is so sik, enjoy. oh and also it makes your kickflips flick so good, but kind of hard to do ollie norths for the first couple weeks. peace

skate361

« Reply #491 on: June 22, 2013, 10:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i kno u must b really worried bout the performance of the grip u r gettin , ok ,i've been there trust me, very nerve racking i kno. but basically the grip is unbelievably good . like sometiems when i skate my shoe laces come untied n while i was sk8ing paradox the grip actually tied my shoes for me on 3 different occasions. i can't explain this shit but it is so sik, enjoy. oh and also it makes your kickflips flick so good, but kind of hard to do ollie norths for the first couple weeks. peace

sick my shoelaces get untied all the time