Author Topic: Thrasher Skate And Destroy  (Read 13685 times)

spare change

Re: Thrasher Skate And Destroy
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 10:27:14 PM »
I don't know how many hours i spent high as fuck playing that game, the china banks level was my favorite.
endless ledge lines and using the bumps top pop onto the roof. so many good wallride spots.
emb was sick too, i never did play the game with anyone else but cyrus. I don't remember a special but i do remember doing impossibles.
actually every level was good, i hated the cab that smashed through on the one level.
i never really played the la river level much, i was always stoked the icecream truck made a noise when you bonked off it.
I think i chose supreme,indy and dvs as my sponsors.
damn im gonna dig my playstation out tomorrow.

Doctor Newton

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 11:34:43 AM »
I started playing this game again.  It took me a bit but I figured out all the specials -
Roach - Double Kickflip
Cyrus - Impossible
Axl - Darkslide
Jasmine - Airwalk
Kahli - Kickflip Casper
Scab - DDP

formeitscrazylike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Been playing this game for about an hour now, always come back to it every couple years and I fucking love it. But holy shit, there must be some programmers out there that can touch this shit up and put it out on xbox live or something. Needs some fixes for sure but this game is so fucking good.

First skate game where grinds slowed you down, illest looking fs heels in video game history, and the best soundtrack of all time.

Think Thrasher/Rockstar would sue if someone tried to rerelease it some way?

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 08:18:09 AM »
That game stole so many hours of my life. I would love for it to be re-released for next-gen consoles.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »
This game was so much fun but tough as nails. The button combinations to do tricks were like a fighting game. nollie backside heels took like six buttons to do haha.

I remember being completely mind fucked playing this for months and then switching back to Tony Hawks. Why aren't my button combinations working? hurr dur hurr...

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »
Nothing like being railed by the subway tram or listening to Rebel Without A Pause by Public Enemy

foureyedjim

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 06:45:03 PM »
If they fixed this game up (dudes look like they're about to take a dump when they're setting up for a trick), maybe make the levels bigger, I would buy it

GZA liquidswords

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 04:18:36 PM »
best game ever, i wish i still had it

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »
unearthed my copy about a week ago. emb and rappers delight is a helluva combination

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 06:02:45 AM »
Fuck yes this games the best. I still play it every few days. Love the courthouse level just such a good set up for runs and everything. I always hated how in the game nollie hardflips are way quicker then hardflips and all the other stuff like how you can't do full cab's but it mentions them when you try.
Did anyone remember the Transworld Skateboarding game that was suppose to come out that had a similar set up as this? It had Brian Anderson and Daewon as the main dudes I guess. http://www.ign.com/images/games/transworld-skateboarding-xbox-16605.
Looked rad but anyways I'm in school for computer programming and one of my main goals once I learn enough code is to make at least just a little park or something with the thrasher controls and gameplay. I don't know how feasible that is but if somehow it works out I'll post it on slap for sure. Probably won't be another year till I can even come close to figuring that shit out though.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 07:01:56 PM »
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 07:59:12 PM »

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 08:56:30 PM »
Ha....I think I just got all pumped up to play a video game by watching a video of someone playing a video game!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »
Quote from: Algar  link=topic=34047.msg1840083#msg1840083 date=1359694590
Ha....I think I just got all pumped up to play a video game by watching a video of someone playing a video game!

and it's all about a game that's old enough to be classified as jailbait.....it it were an attractive gerl..
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 08:39:23 PM »
there is a cheat where you pause it during carear mode and hold L1 & R2 and press O a bunch of times and it gives you lots of points so you can breeze through easily.  i think thats how it works, been a while since i played though

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »
there is a cheat where you pause it during carear mode and hold L1 & R2 and press O a bunch of times and it gives you lots of points so you can breeze through easily.  i think thats how it works, been a while since i played though
hold all four l&r buttons and press circle a bunch; 5k points each

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
Best skateboarding game of all time. This game is basically what got me into hip hop as well. I remember I thought all of my class mates who played THPS instead of this were suckers. Eventually I got some of them to realize what they were missing out on, and they starting playing Thrasher instead. Haha. Good times.

I really liked how the different characters had different skills. I used to get tech as fuck with Roach.

Did you guys read the instruction manual that came with the game? There was like this story in there about the connection between skateboarding and hip hop. I would really like to read that again, but I've lost my copy

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »
That video was rad, getting down that South Bank double set is not easy. I was fucking PSYCHED when I made that, pretty sure Axl is the only one who can do it.

I'm about to film a Thrasher Skate n Destroy video part, how the fuck do you record it though?

Not to toot my own horn or nothin, but I have to be one of the best T S&D players in the world, I'm serious. Bring it!

HIggs Bawson

• Rep: 7
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
Best skateboarding game of all time. This game is basically what got me into hip hop as well. I remember I thought all of my class mates who played THPS instead of this were suckers. Eventually I got some of them to realize what they were missing out on, and they starting playing Thrasher instead. Haha. Good times.

I really liked how the different characters had different skills. I used to get tech as fuck with Roach.

Did you guys read the instruction manual that came with the game? There was like this story in there about the connection between skateboarding and hip hop. I would really like to read that again, but I've lost my copy

It also had a cut out for a free pager ha!

Shredsledder

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 01:04:46 AM »
Just downloaded an emulator for this shit and I'm going to spend the next 4 hours of my shift playing this. so much nostalgia.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »
Just downloaded an emulator for this shit and I'm going to spend the next 4 hours of my shift playing this. so much nostalgia.

link?!

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 07:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

link?!
PLEASE

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
Can I post the link for both on here or does it need to be through a pm?
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 05:01:34 AM »
Yeah, just post it here.
Thanks!!

Shredsledder

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 08:42:27 PM »
This info is easily attainable through google but for your convenience...

Emulator- http://www.get-your-rom.com/download/psx/pcsx15rar-emulator/166354

Trasher game file- http://coolrom.com/roms/psx/40107/Thrasher_-_Skate_and_Destroy.php

I'm at work again. Thank god for this shit

It's kind of strange using a keyboard as a controller, but my copy of this game is long gone so I'm not complaining

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
^^^^^
big thanks! The game runs pretty smoothly, but I've experienced some minor bugs - but that's to be expected.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:58:25 PM by DeputyDoses »

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2013, 04:40:40 PM »
I fuck with bee suit guy
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
This info is easily attainable through google but for your convenience...

Emulator- http://www.get-your-rom.com/download/psx/pcsx15rar-emulator/166354

Trasher game file- http://coolrom.com/roms/psx/40107/Thrasher_-_Skate_and_Destroy.php

I'm at work again. Thank god for this shit

It's kind of strange using a keyboard as a controller, but my copy of this game is long gone so I'm not complaining

Fuck yeah! Thanks dude. Remind me to gnar you in about 150 posts.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »
My bad on spacing it for the response and good job for Shredsledder for helping them out. I use Epsxe  for emulating, it works good, and seems to be the most recently updated ps emulator. A little off topic but if anyone can figure out a way to run parappa the rapper without input lag would be my hero.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2013, 05:26:24 AM »
Thrasher Skate and Destroy - Psx Vol 1 this guys good

i remember trying to do that double set and could never get the speed to do it. It looks like he is playing easy mode though, you can make the grinds look so much better in pro mode because you dont immediately get full pop, you have to charge up
ONTARIO CANADA