Author Topic: Thrasher Skate And Destroy  (Read 13682 times)

Ben Throttle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Thrasher Skate And Destroy
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
Recently went back to Thrasher Skate And Destroy while i'm waiting for my Xbox to come back and fuck this shit is fun. Anyone remember the L.A. river level and the dope soundtrack? great game
i thought i was the only one who bruised people with my cum, save it up for about two weeks and release the blast.

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
Re: Thrasher Skate And Destroy
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »
the washington square and courthouse levels were the best

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:44:21 PM »
double post

anyone ever play as the guy in the bee suit?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:47:31 PM by EastCoastLove »

Sarmiento Subs

• Rep: -36
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 05:01:25 PM »
double post

anyone ever play as the guy in the bee suit?

hell yeah!  what was the code for that i cant remember i might break this game out tonight i loved it

soundtrack was the best video game soundtrack eva

i remember being so pumped when i made the big transfer on the last level from the lil mini (the 2 smaller qp's setting across from each other) to the bowl, doing it from one side was effortless but the other was gnarly and i thought i was awesome even though it gave me like 100 points haha

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »
I was liked how it said "Nollie flip" instead of "Nollie + Kickflip"
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 08:00:10 PM »
I was liked how it said "Nollie flip" instead of "Nollie + Kickflip"

i really liked how it wouldnt let you do infinite late flip tricks, and how on pro mode you had to hit square before you hit the ground and land that shit bolts

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:20:36 PM »
this game was the shit!
i had it and lost it, but thanks to ebay i found that game again.
remember the videos on it?
and the dog chasing you.

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »
this game was the shit!
i had it and lost it, but thanks to ebay i found that game again.
remember the videos on it?
and the dog chasing you.

that dog was vicious...remember how cyrus could nollie bigflip up the courthouse 5 stairs but couldnt do a lot of other tricks cause the nollie bigflip flipped (and thus was caught) faster haha

anyone ever go on top of the courthouse level? you could get up on certain places then jump off the level and it would put you on the top and crap

Ben Throttle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
I remember the intro had some Vinnie Ponte tricks with high-socks
i thought i was the only one who bruised people with my cum, save it up for about two weeks and release the blast.

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -682
  • I have way too many accounts.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:47 PM »
Sounds like the original EA skate

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 09:10:40 PM »
Sounds like the original EA skate

this game came out before your time, but you should still know more about it than any ea skate game, it is awesome i promise, best soundtrack, no lazer flip late disco flip airwalk 540 manual grind manual 180 manual to fakie ollie + 360 flips + crooks

only beef with it is the generic video game character names but thats not much to bitch about

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 12:48:13 AM »
that game was awesome, having work by gang starr as the song during the embarcadero level was amazing.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 07:27:43 AM »
only beef with it is the generic video game character names but thats not much to bitch about
What Thrasher game had Daewon as a character? I never did a lot f console gaming, but I remember a demo game or something that had him as a charcter and Thrasher all over. It was around the time the first Tony Hawk game was coming out. I remember sucking at the Thrasher one because I was used to Tony Hawk's easy gameplay.  I played Tony Hawk 1 and 2, hated 3, then pretty much stopped gaming (except for Counterstrike Source). I still haven't played any of the EA games, I hear it's a bitch to learn though.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 09:19:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What Thrasher game had Daewon as a character? I never did a lot f console gaming, but I remember a demo game or something that had him as a charcter and Thrasher all over. It was around the time the first Tony Hawk game was coming out. I remember sucking at the Thrasher one because I was used to Tony Hawk's easy gameplay.  I played Tony Hawk 1 and 2, hated 3, then pretty much stopped gaming (except for Counterstrike Source). I still haven't played any of the EA games, I hear it's a bitch to learn though.

Naw that wasn't thrasher, I remember that it was called something else and Daewon was the main dude, the game wasn't very good though, it was basically a poor man's tony hawk at the time

Thrasher skate and destroy on the other hand was the best fucking game ever. Remember kicking it to 'Just to get a rep' by Gangstarr and skating the brooklyn banks and venice beach. I wish they made more real life spots in EA skate, that's why the fantasy factory DLC was pretty good, I hope they do more.

I don't have my PS1 anymore, so I haven't played thrasher forever, kinda miss it. I wonder if theres a PS1 mod for PC? Is there such a thing?

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 09:23:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dude that was Grind Session or just Grind...but i think it was Grind Session

you could be pigpen, daewon, cardiel, willy santos, umm was ed templeton on there? pretty sure, and cara-beth burnside i think rounded out the characters

like dude said it was a poor mans tony hawk but still they had a legit character list and a cool intro vid which included cardiel's epic drop in and burnside

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 09:37:20 AM »
Yeah, that's right, it was Grind Session. It's been a few years.

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »
The best skateboarding game for Ps1, I still break it out every now and then. I loved doing frontside flip to crooks, since it looked like a dope fs flip nosegrind. I loved going fast, then Ollieing up the courthouse stairs and holding down a flip trick, so that youd hit the opposite wall and then you could do a realistic looking switch trick back down them. Grind Session was pretty dope too, but it was a bit frustrating at times. Thrasher's levels were all sick, even the hometown level had some sick ledges. The hills of sf were my favorite level in any skate boarding game until EA skate. Id just try to get lines over the brick walls, and it would be so hard that it was gratifying whenever you did it. That game represents everything right about skateboarding.
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 11:14:44 AM »
The best skateboarding game for Ps1, I still break it out every now and then. I loved doing frontside flip to crooks, since it looked like a dope fs flip nosegrind. I loved going fast, then Ollieing up the courthouse stairs and holding down a flip trick, so that youd hit the opposite wall and then you could do a realistic looking switch trick back down them. Grind Session was pretty dope too, but it was a bit frustrating at times. Thrasher's levels were all sick, even the hometown level had some sick ledges. The hills of sf were my favorite level in any skate boarding game until EA skate. Id just try to get lines over the brick walls, and it would be so hard that it was gratifying whenever you did it. That game represents everything right about skateboarding.

fuck yes

i remember finding that secret vert ramp on the hills and being all excited to have something new to skate for when i got to the bottom, i used to get that scab character who went really fast and just bomb the hills and hit that lil kicker above the huge drop

anyone remember all the specials?

axl had darkslide, jasmine - airwalk, cyrus - impossible, roach - double kickflip, was scab's frigid air????

what was the other(s)?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 11:25:45 AM »
They all had frigid airs. One dude did casper flips I think.
To get beesuitguy, you gotta select the dude with the bucket hat (its been some time, I forgot his name) and type your name as "beesuitguy"
And yeah, that game was the best.
I liked southbank, with the water gaps and such, I juust hated how if you went in the water you were done.

Oh, and the board break thing was kind of cool- try stupid shit and fall too much, and you fuck up your board, thats how it is!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Naw that wasn't thrasher, I remember that it was called something else and Daewon was the main dude, the game wasn't very good though, it was basically a poor man's tony hawk at the time

Thrasher skate and destroy on the other hand was the best fucking game ever. Remember kicking it to 'Just to get a rep' by Gangstarr and skating the brooklyn banks and venice beach. I wish they made more real life spots in EA skate, that's why the fantasy factory DLC was pretty good, I hope they do more.

I don't have my PS1 anymore, so I haven't played thrasher forever, kinda miss it. I wonder if theres a PS1 mod for PC? Is there such a thing?

it was the remix, it wasn't just to get a rep, the remix is called work by gang starr

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »
To get beesuitguy, you gotta select the dude with the bucket hat (its been some time, I forgot his name) and type your name as "beesuitguy"
I liked southbank, with the water gaps and such, I juust hated how if you went in the water you were done.

Oh, and the board break thing was kind of cool- try stupid shit and fall too much, and you fuck up your board, thats how it is!

axl was bucket hat dude, thanks for reminding me how to get bee suit guy, yeah a dude had casper flips, wasnt there a 6th character seems like i keep forgetting someone somehow

south banks was really cool, i used to love the hubba at venice beach and popping tricks over tables...i remember playing skate with my cousin on that game and i would do something over a gap and if he thought he couldnt do it he would just pop it on flat and it would count and i'd have to set a new trick and i'd get all mad about it ha

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

axl was bucket hat dude, thanks for reminding me how to get bee suit guy, yeah a dude had casper flips, wasnt there a 6th character seems like i keep forgetting someone somehow

south banks was really cool, i used to love the hubba at venice beach and popping tricks over tables...i remember playing skate with my cousin on that game and i would do something over a gap and if he thought he couldnt do it he would just pop it on flat and it would count and i'd have to set a new trick and i'd get all mad about it ha
axl was rad, if you balanced him right he would lock into grinds perfectly and just sit on them- not even EA skate has replicated that sort of lock in, which is something that happens. He wasn't so good at popping up things though.
yeah, the sand pits were rad, and I loved grinding the top ledge on the fountain, like a ledge over a watergap type thing. The roofs and the roof gaps in venice were amazing too. Grinding that wire top to bottom was cool, albeit a little unrealistic. Though I do like how they were the first game that made it so if you took a ridiculous drop you'd eat shit. It made the flatgap at the la river cooler.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 01:01:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

it was the remix, it wasn't just to get a rep, the remix is called work by gang starr

Ah my bad, same lyrics though no? It has been a while.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 01:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wait, isn't Work by gangstarr the song that Kenny Hughes skated to in third eye view?

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »
this song was great, definitely takes me back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cPm9Y6dI6U

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »

actually it was Roach I think. Jasmine had the airwalk and could do flatground 360s.
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

numeral's trippin, just to get a rep was the track in the embarcadero level. there's a track called work and a track called work II with big l.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSszWXkDHa8 - work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Uw-USh558 - work pt II

and yeah, roach was that bucket hat'd double flip dude.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

Goo Berry

• Rep: 0
  • all the fellas! all the ladies! everybody!
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »
they had this game at the comic book store.
one plus one is always two, i'm the gooo with a treat for you!

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
numeral's trippin, just to get a rep was the track in the embarcadero level. there's a track called work and a track called work II with big l.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSszWXkDHa8 - work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Uw-USh558 - work pt II

and yeah, roach was that bucket hat'd double flip dude.

yeh, i must be but not completely, my step in the arena cd just to get a rep has different mix values than the song on the game, after the game came out i was like damn this sounds better than the original, so i ended up getting a cd mix with this remix that sounded closer to the mix on the game for that song and it was labeled as work!.

EDIT: the difference was the step in the arena that i have didn't have the bass line on top like the one in the game.

EDIT2: i have both songs on my ipod taken straight from my cds, the version from step in the arena is 2:42 and fades out at the end
while the remix that was in the game is 3:07 and ends with the effects.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 05:16:15 PM by Numeral »

Sarmiento Subs

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
axl was rad, if you balanced him right he would lock into grinds perfectly and just sit on them- not even EA skate has replicated that sort of lock in, which is something that happens. He wasn't so good at popping up things though.
yeah, the sand pits were rad, and I loved grinding the top ledge on the fountain, like a ledge over a watergap type thing. The roofs and the roof gaps in venice were amazing too. Grinding that wire top to bottom was cool, albeit a little unrealistic. Though I do like how they were the first game that made it so if you took a ridiculous drop you'd eat shit. It made the flatgap at the la river cooler.

sorry i messed up roach was the dude with the bucket hat like everyone said, he was the dude with the amazing balance but poor pop and did double flips

you know when you beat the game and have to do a thrasher cover, i had my cover of a b/s noseblunt across that crazy wire youre talking about in venice, ha i have no clue why but i guess i just wished i was daewon (=

no one ever believed me on this til i would show them, but on the subway level if you wrecked like PERFECTLY straight into the top of one of the rails (like bumping into going slow then falling like an ass) it would fuck up the game, idk if it was just my copy or a true glitch, but with jasmine you could do flatground 900s and shit because what fucked up is it made it really ungodly slow when it came to you popping and landing, im not even joking i wish i had a way to record it and show you cause no one will ever (with good reason) believe that, but it just fucked it up for a bit