Author Topic: heavy metal thread  (Read 275574 times)

scorpion1001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
Re: heavy metal thread
« Reply #1200 on: December 25, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »
Listen to Alcest. Listen to Krallice. Deafhaven sound like a screamo band with blast beats. I just can;t get into them. Thy pastures are greener.

lol hoping you're not referring to present day alcest since they've gone miles away from metal

Greg Road

« Reply #1201 on: December 25, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Listen to Alcest. Listen to Krallice. Deafhaven sound like a screamo band with blast beats. I just can;t get into them. Thy pastures are greener.
[close]

lol hoping you're not referring to present day alcest since they've gone miles away from metal

Yeah obviously - fairy metal. Literally. Some of it is ok

chirs

• Rep: 1
  • i have diarrhea every single day
« Reply #1202 on: December 28, 2014, 12:26:28 PM »
that deafheaven album peaked my interest too and i was loving it for a while till i looked deeper into "blackgazey" shit and theres way better stuff out there. this is one of my favorite albums at the moment

edit: i just realized i dont know how to embed a youtube vid on here... how do i do it?

Greg Road

« Reply #1203 on: December 29, 2014, 01:47:47 AM »
Lantlos is Neige from Alcest. They're pretty awesome.

edit: I just realized Lantlos put out a new album and Neige isn't on it. It sounds really damn good.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:26:40 PM by Greg Road »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1204 on: December 30, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
that deafheaven album peaked my interest too and i was loving it for a while till i looked deeper into "blackgazey" shit and theres way better stuff out there. this is one of my favorite albums at the moment

edit: i just realized i dont know how to embed a youtube vid on here... how do i do it?

(Just take the "s" from the "https"! ;) )

That Lantlos album is one of my favorites! So raw yet emotive... i get shivers everytime!
I really like the Deafheaven's Sunbather too. I dont think it is that borring but yeah there is better albuns of that kind!

This one by Castevet is a great example, fucking great album and highly underrated!

This one by Les Discrets is also an astonishing album. Same dudes as Lantlos and Alcest i think!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1205 on: January 03, 2015, 06:22:06 AM »
Listening to the ISOLATION process out of Sweden right now. Just sludge everywhere

Greg Road

« Reply #1206 on: January 16, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »
The new Leviathan track is unbelievable

I can't be bothered trying to figure out how to embed a soundcloud song so here's the link - http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/01/15/tongues-ears-toward-new-leviathan-song/

N.L.

« Reply #1207 on: January 16, 2015, 05:17:52 PM »
Black Monolith does way more for me than Deafheaven. Crusty Black Metal. Blackened Crust Call it what you will, its fucking crushing.

http://blackmonolith.bandcamp.com/album/passenger

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #1208 on: January 28, 2015, 03:49:03 PM »
jesus christ, the new napalm death record is so good it makes me angry

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #1209 on: January 30, 2015, 08:06:18 PM »
I'm not a stoner rock guy at all, but I really dig these guys.. some kind of biker/stoner/doom metal punk with "Werewolves on Wheels" samples all over the place.  

dillanharp

« Reply #1210 on: January 31, 2015, 11:23:43 AM »
^They're playing somewhere, with someone, soon haha. I don't know, I saw the flyer and thought "what a dumb fucking name," and brushed it off. If I see it again I'll let you know, pretty sure it was in the bay.

edit: They're opening for Electric Wizard at Slims coming up, but that thing sold out in an hour.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:26:16 AM by Nallid »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1211 on: January 31, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »
^They're playing somewhere, with someone, soon haha. I don't know, I saw the flyer and thought "what a dumb fucking name," and brushed it off. If I see it again I'll let you know, pretty sure it was in the bay.

edit: They're opening for Electric Wizard at Slims coming up, but that thing sold out in an hour.

Oh man... yeah I have a friend who tried to get tickets to see EW and couldn't get any.. said they tried like 45 minutes after they went on sale.

They (satan's satyrs) have a new LP out which I don't like at all, different vocal style.  Still would love to see them.. must be ear-rattling fuzz

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1212 on: February 01, 2015, 08:54:10 AM »
this album fucking rules

chirs

« Reply #1213 on: February 13, 2015, 01:47:31 PM »
best album ive heard in a while

the goat cheese of Mendes

« Reply #1214 on: February 25, 2015, 09:04:52 AM »
10 years waiting… All Hail the Acid King!

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #1215 on: March 07, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »
New Minsk. 

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #1216 on: March 29, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »
Even though it has been out a couple of years I just discovered Agrimonia's "Rites of Separation" album on Southern Lord.  Blackened crust with an epic kind of feel and insane female vocals.  Really digging this.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1217 on: April 02, 2015, 04:56:26 AM »
Today i'm in some brutal Death vibe! Been listening some classics and more recent ones...

I always forget how Hate Eternal rips... 3:00 and on is fucking crushing!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #1218 on: April 03, 2015, 09:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh man... yeah I have a friend who tried to get tickets to see EW and couldn't get any.. said they tried like 45 minutes after they went on sale.

They (satan's satyrs) have a new LP out which I don't like at all, different vocal style.  Still would love to see them.. must be ear-rattling fuzz

A friend bought me a ticket to the show up here in Toronto months ago, when it promptly sold out. It's this Sunday and I'm not even really that jazzed on going. Maybe it's because I'm currently sick, maybe it's because I'm not even that into heavy music anymore and only listen to Emmylou Harris. I'll report back as to whether or not it was just some dudes standing in place stroking their guitars or if I was entertained. Might eat weed before going to make it interesting, though maybe at a sold out Lee's that's a bad idea.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #1219 on: May 07, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »
Soilwork is coming to Portland in October! FUCK YES!

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1220 on: May 13, 2015, 07:23:27 PM »
every few years I come back around to this band... it always reminds me that they are one of the greatest bands ever.  I saw them during the Dopesick era and it was by far the most intense live show I've ever seen.  Never really cared for any of their releases after that but I still hold them near and dear:

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1221 on: May 14, 2015, 01:46:47 AM »
every few years I come back around to this band... it always reminds me that they are one of the greatest bands ever.  I saw them during the Dopesick era and it was by far the most intense live show I've ever seen.  Never really cared for any of their releases after that but I still hold them near and dear:

EYEHATEGOD are sick. Sometimes, when Im in a mood, I can listen to their whole discography from start to finish, and sometimes I just wonder why the fuck am I listening to those psychos.

Bloody Matt

« Reply #1222 on: May 14, 2015, 05:22:55 AM »
Saw them in Berlin back in 2011, I think. I was pretty wasted but the show was amazing. There are youtubes somewhere of my tall ass bopping around at SO36.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1223 on: May 16, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »
Slayer - Seeds of Horror: The Jeff Hanneman Demos.

Just now hearing these for the first time, and HOLY SHIT it's amazing.  I've always loved hearing/downloading demos of old thrash/death bands, something about the basement tape sound just adds all kinds of craziness to the music.  Metal has a tendency to get too polished.  This shit is raw as fuck!

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/slayer-seeds-of-horor-the-jeff-hanneman-demos-1985.asp

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1224 on: May 16, 2015, 09:45:09 AM »

Just now hearing these for the first time, and HOLY SHIT it's amazing.  I've always loved hearing/downloading demos of old thrash/death bands, something about the basement tape sound just adds all kinds of craziness to the music.  Metal has a tendency to get too polished.  This shit is raw as fuck!

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/slayer-seeds-of-horor-the-jeff-hanneman-demos-1985.asp

Early Slayer demos are great. In general, I'm all about rawness when it comes to metal. Examples:

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1225 on: May 16, 2015, 02:51:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Early Slayer demos are great. In general, I'm all about rawness when it comes to metal. Examples:

Morbid Saint are the shit.  Outside of Slayer, one of my favorite American thrash bands because they had that German-teutonic sound, like Sodom and Kreator.

I like my thrash with tinges of black/death, and recorded on the cheapest boom box available.  I can just imagine a bunch of early 80's wastoids with dirt 'staches and spiked arm bands, full of beer and drawing pentagrams on their school binders:

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1226 on: May 16, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Morbid Saint are the shit.  Outside of Slayer, one of my favorite American thrash bands because they had that German-teutonic sound, like Sodom and Kreator.

I like my thrash with tinges of black/death, and recorded on the cheapest boom box available.  I can just imagine a bunch of early 80's wastoids with dirt 'staches and spiked arm bands, full of beer and drawing pentagrams on their school binders:

Great picks! I can't think of anyone that embodies that sound better than Necrovore.

chirs

« Reply #1227 on: May 17, 2015, 01:56:42 PM »

Bloody Matt

« Reply #1228 on: May 18, 2015, 10:29:19 AM »
Viva Italia or something

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1229 on: May 18, 2015, 01:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I got to see them play in October for the first time. It was awesome! Then I saw Sleep last month. It's been a bit of a bucket list type of year.

EYEHATEGOD are sick. Sometimes, when Im in a mood, I can listen to their whole discography from start to finish, and sometimes I just wonder why the fuck am I listening to those psychos.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.