Author Topic: heavy metal thread  (Read 183980 times)

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1114
Re: heavy metal thread
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 01:15:28 PM »
I really like Between the Buried and Me, but that's about as heavy as I get.

Oh Animosity is tight too. West Coast thrash beatzzz

I have had a difficult time getting behind the newer more prog direction that Between The Buried And Me went, Animosity, while not one of my favorite bands have a damn good time on stage

sparksandblood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 01:58:26 PM »
I really like Between the Buried and Me, but that's about as heavy as I get.

Oh Animosity is tight too. West Coast thrash beatzzz

I have had a difficult time getting behind the newer more prog direction that Between The Buried And Me went, Animosity, while not one of my favorite bands have a damn good time on stage
i like btbam alot, colors was a little proggy and different for me. alaska is their best/heaviest album and my favorite.
It was seriously like seeing Jesus on a skateboard.

Doctor Newton

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2009, 07:05:26 PM »
Stoked on the Amon Amarth love in this thread.

I'll add

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2009, 07:15:38 AM »
ah.....Death.  My favorite album is probably Leprosy, but Spiritual Healing is a close second

rattlehead

• Rep: 24
  • my hass is out
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »
You should check out this band, in my opinion they're one of the best bands ever from Norway.

Best part is from 2:07

Released a new album last month, even harder
Jews can't be pirates!

RollinonFour

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2009, 11:33:49 AM »
Stoked on the Amon Amarth love in this thread.

I'll add

Chuck is Beastly. I wish he were still alive. Spiritual healing is the first cd i learned to play from start to finish.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2009, 02:05:59 PM »

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2009, 05:01:50 AM »
Rattlehead--

Blood Tsunami.... ok.  The music is total Slayer worship, but the vocals don't really match up in my opinion.

When it comes to Norway, I like it when they stick to their best-- Black Metal.  Here is a current favorite Norwegian Black Metal bands:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:12:52 AM by HATE! »

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2009, 05:29:09 AM »
Well the guitarist/vocalists fav band is Slayer, so.. But I'd listen to BT any day over Slayer, a bit more melodic and they can actually play awsome leads. Diggin the death vocals too. Check out the song "Infernal Final Carnage".

I don't listen to that much black, but I liked that song a lot.
Jews can't be pirates!

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2009, 05:35:47 AM »
Ah dude, Slayer pretty much rules over any other band in terms of American thrash.  and while Europe has Kreator and Sodom.  The US has Slayer, the first 4 Metallica albums, and then a crop of new bands including Municipal Waste, Scarecrow, Toxic Holocaust, Rumplestiltskin Grinder...

As for Death Metal.... Bloodbath is a big favorite right now, here's their new video

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2009, 05:43:48 AM »
Megadeth is the best thing ever to come from the states. But I pretty much agree with you, just skip the 4th Met album and add the No Life Til Leather demo. Not a big fan of Toxic Holocaust, to much punk influence for me, I need it to be a bit more technical. I'm looking forward to the new Evile album, their first one blew my mind when it first came, but I got a bit tired of it. The new one if probably gonna be bit harder.
Jews can't be pirates!

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2009, 07:11:01 AM »
Maybe it's because I am older, but I like VERY little of the tech stuff.... Necrophagist, Obscura, all the young bands like The Faceless.  It's kinda like watching P-Rod skate-- very good, but souless

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2009, 08:56:20 AM »
Technical like Metal Militia and Lucretia, not like prog or whatever. Straight forward powerchord thrash can get a bit tiring, atleast make something out of it, like the Piranha verse-riff.
Jews can't be pirates!

Doctor Newton

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2009, 09:56:33 AM »

CeeyMar

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
I was mowing my lawn to the sweet sweet sounds of Amon Amarth.

Thrash is the best in my opinion-
Municipal Waste
Exodus
Slayer
Mgeadeth
Metallica
Vindicator
Stone
Sodom
Anthrax

Fucking Kataklysm are awesome
GWAR
Metal Church
Opeth

I don't know how you guys feel about Protest The Hero but I enjoy them from time to time.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »
I was mowing my lawn to the sweet sweet sounds of Amon Amarth.

Thrash is the best in my opinion-
Municipal Waste
Exodus
Slayer
Mgeadeth
Metallica
Vindicator
Stone
Sodom
Anthrax

Fucking Kataklysm are awesome
GWAR
Metal Church
Opeth

I don't know how you guys feel about Protest The Hero but I enjoy them from time to time.

did you hear municipal wastes new song? there putting out a new album soon thats supposed to be serious instead of the funny party theme.

CeeyMar

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
I don't think I have, damn that is going to fucking rock! I loved the whole party theme they had going on though. It always put me in the mood to go out and get fucked up.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »
I don't think I have, damn that is going to fucking rock! I loved the whole party theme they had going on though. It always put me in the mood to go out and get fucked up.

hell yea and i hate to reference myspace but thats where i heard the new tunes.

Hola

• Rep: 56
  • 2NE1
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2009, 04:18:20 AM »
Maybe it's because I am older, but I like VERY little of the tech stuff.... Necrophagist, Obscura, all the young bands like The Faceless.  It's kinda like watching P-Rod skate-- very good, but souless

i know what you mean, but thanks for mentioning Necrophagist, for a while thats all i listened to but i forgot about them.

i didnt read this thread, but i love Pig Destroyer, naked trees is my favorite song and i found a video of happy feet with naked trees
<"http://www.youtube.com/v/tSU3rQ9OwhQ&hl=ja&fs=1&"

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2009, 06:29:56 AM »
Pig Destroyer is EASILY my all time favorite band.  Naked Trees is such a great song too, especially when followed up with Sheet Metal Girl.  Funny video too man.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2009, 10:52:15 AM »
New Goatwhore "Carving Out The Eyes Of God" is easily one of my favorite releases of the year.  Straight up metal influenced by Black Metal and Thrash with some slight Rock overtones.  It is awesome

Dude Dudestofferson

• Rep: 73
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
jamming the fuck outta old Grief records the past few days.

they sound a lot like a less arty Melvins for those who dig the slow sludgy sounds...

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2009, 05:18:17 PM »
jamming the fuck outta old Grief records the past few days.

they sound a lot like a less arty Melvins for those who dig the slow sludgy sounds...

INteresting correlation... I always thought Grief was more of a akin to 16 and Noothgrush, but I can see a less artsy Melvins in there too...

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »
i'm kinda disappointed by th inclusion of so many metalcore/deathcore bands. the black dahlia murder, between the buried and me, whitechpel, suicide silence are not death metal.

hate!, have you listened to the berzerker or anaal nathrakh? i think i suggested them to you in a different thread.

i've been really into blut aus nord ately-crazy avant-garde/post-black metal from france and an avant-garde black metal band called mirrorthrone. it's all one guy and he has another one man band called weeping birth that's "brutal black metal." what's everyone's thoughts on this "slam death metal" that's popping up?

Dude Dudestofferson

• Rep: 73
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2009, 12:11:23 AM »
wigger slam is the worst shit fucking ever.

no, it's not that bad because it's actually sort of hilarious, but yeah....pretty awful. 

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2009, 08:15:38 AM »
i'm kinda disappointed by th inclusion of so many metalcore/deathcore bands. the black dahlia murder, between the buried and me, whitechpel, suicide silence are not death metal.

hate!, have you listened to the berzerker or anaal nathrakh? i think i suggested them to you in a different thread.

i've been really into blut aus nord ately-crazy avant-garde/post-black metal from france and an avant-garde black metal band called mirrorthrone. it's all one guy and he has another one man band called weeping birth that's "brutal black metal." what's everyone's thoughts on this "slam death metal" that's popping up?

Berzerker, I am on the fence about, part of it is just brutal for the sake of brutal, but it's just not..... agoraphobic nosebleed?  I put him in the same group as XXX Maniak, kinda fun to listen to but ultimately I don't give a shit.  Anaal Nathrakh on the other hand.... I used to always get them confused with Rotten Sound until I became a fan of both.  I like them a good deal.

If youare liking weird as fuck black metal, I cannot suggest these bands enough

portal
gnaw their tongues
deathspell omega

and the new funeral mist is the best black metal album i've heard this year (leviathan/acherontas split is pretty damn close)

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2009, 09:32:29 AM »
Currently stoked on Immortal. Got some amazing stuff.
Jews can't be pirates!

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2009, 09:33:55 AM »
Currently stoked on Immortal. Got some amazing stuff.

Are you new to them?

They are awesome because their songs are really good, and they just look retarded as fuck.

Do You Feel Lucky?

• Rep: 8
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
Rigor Mortis
People like you should be promptly executed and buried in the woods.

bjsk87

• Rep: -10
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2009, 10:00:16 PM »
The Black Dahlia Murder are awesome as shit. Holding it down for the death metal scene. One of the best live shows i've been to.

Job for a cowboy and suicide silence are just plain gay however.

Their new DVD is a good watch(BDM).

Darkest Hour is rad too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:03:59 PM by bjsk87 »