Author Topic: heavy metal thread  (Read 275290 times)

rattlehead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
  • my hass is out
Re: heavy metal thread
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2009, 08:56:20 AM »
Technical like Metal Militia and Lucretia, not like prog or whatever. Straight forward powerchord thrash can get a bit tiring, atleast make something out of it, like the Piranha verse-riff.
Jews can't be pirates!

Doctor Newton

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2009, 09:56:33 AM »

CeeyMar

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
I was mowing my lawn to the sweet sweet sounds of Amon Amarth.

Thrash is the best in my opinion-
Municipal Waste
Exodus
Slayer
Mgeadeth
Metallica
Vindicator
Stone
Sodom
Anthrax

Fucking Kataklysm are awesome
GWAR
Metal Church
Opeth

I don't know how you guys feel about Protest The Hero but I enjoy them from time to time.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »
I was mowing my lawn to the sweet sweet sounds of Amon Amarth.

Thrash is the best in my opinion-
Municipal Waste
Exodus
Slayer
Mgeadeth
Metallica
Vindicator
Stone
Sodom
Anthrax

Fucking Kataklysm are awesome
GWAR
Metal Church
Opeth

I don't know how you guys feel about Protest The Hero but I enjoy them from time to time.

did you hear municipal wastes new song? there putting out a new album soon thats supposed to be serious instead of the funny party theme.

CeeyMar

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2009, 12:51:13 PM »
I don't think I have, damn that is going to fucking rock! I loved the whole party theme they had going on though. It always put me in the mood to go out and get fucked up.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »
I don't think I have, damn that is going to fucking rock! I loved the whole party theme they had going on though. It always put me in the mood to go out and get fucked up.

hell yea and i hate to reference myspace but thats where i heard the new tunes.

Hola

• Rep: 56
  • 2NE1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2009, 04:18:20 AM »
Maybe it's because I am older, but I like VERY little of the tech stuff.... Necrophagist, Obscura, all the young bands like The Faceless.  It's kinda like watching P-Rod skate-- very good, but souless

i know what you mean, but thanks for mentioning Necrophagist, for a while thats all i listened to but i forgot about them.

i didnt read this thread, but i love Pig Destroyer, naked trees is my favorite song and i found a video of happy feet with naked trees
<"http://www.youtube.com/v/tSU3rQ9OwhQ&hl=ja&fs=1&"

Dude Dudestofferson

• Rep: 73
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
jamming the fuck outta old Grief records the past few days.

they sound a lot like a less arty Melvins for those who dig the slow sludgy sounds...

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »
i'm kinda disappointed by th inclusion of so many metalcore/deathcore bands. the black dahlia murder, between the buried and me, whitechpel, suicide silence are not death metal.

hate!, have you listened to the berzerker or anaal nathrakh? i think i suggested them to you in a different thread.

i've been really into blut aus nord ately-crazy avant-garde/post-black metal from france and an avant-garde black metal band called mirrorthrone. it's all one guy and he has another one man band called weeping birth that's "brutal black metal." what's everyone's thoughts on this "slam death metal" that's popping up?

Dude Dudestofferson

• Rep: 73
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2009, 12:11:23 AM »
wigger slam is the worst shit fucking ever.

no, it's not that bad because it's actually sort of hilarious, but yeah....pretty awful. 

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2009, 09:32:29 AM »
Currently stoked on Immortal. Got some amazing stuff.
Jews can't be pirates!

Do You Feel Lucky?

• Rep: 8
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
Rigor Mortis
People like you should be promptly executed and buried in the woods.

bjsk87

• Rep: -10
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2009, 10:00:16 PM »
The Black Dahlia Murder are awesome as shit. Holding it down for the death metal scene. One of the best live shows i've been to.

Job for a cowboy and suicide silence are just plain gay however.

Their new DVD is a good watch(BDM).

Darkest Hour is rad too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:03:59 PM by bjsk87 »

Terrence Maddox

• Rep: 0
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2009, 03:27:53 AM »
Bands On My Itunes:

Anal Vomit - Black Metal from Peru
Anal Blast
Rotting Christ - Black Metal from Greece
Brujeria - Mexican Thrash/members of Napalm Death
Dying Fetus - I drank with the singer Jason at my apartment when I was 20, he was the original Oderus Urungus from Gwar before he left the band.
Cephalic Carnage
Cannibal Corpse - I saw them in 1996, with Brutal Truth loud as fuck.  George "Corpsegrinder" had on high top vans, I was pretty hammered and had to work the next day.  They have a 3 disc dvd set out called Centuries of Torment it is on demonoid, and they came out with a new cd a few months back.
Deicide
Black Sabbath - I have a bootleg cd, called Cannabis Confusion which is a live Black Sabbath Show from California in the early 1970's.  They do like a 35 minute version of Supernaut.

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2009, 06:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Currently stoked on Immortal. Got some amazing stuff.
[close]

Are you new to them?

They are awesome because their songs are really good, and they just look regular as fuck.
Nah, they look good enough. I liked the black metal style better before everybody dyed their hair black.
I'm not new to them, I've just recently started to listen to them, if you know what I mean.
Jews can't be pirates!

axl rose

• Rep: -17
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2009, 06:34:20 AM »
manowar

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote
i'm kinda disappointed by th inclusion of so many metalcore/deathcore bands. the black dahlia murder, between the buried and me, whitechpel, suicide silence are not death metal.

hate!, have you listened to the berzerker or anaal nathrakh? i think i suggested them to you in a different thread.

i've been really into blut aus nord ately-crazy avant-garde/post-black metal from france and an avant-garde black metal band called mirrorthrone. it's all one guy and he has another one man band called weeping birth that's "brutal black metal." what's everyone's thoughts on this "slam death metal" that's popping up?
[close]

Berzerker, I am on the fence about, part of it is just brutal for the sake of brutal, but it's just not..... agoraphobic nosebleed?  I put him in the same group as XXX Maniak, kinda fun to listen to but ultimately I don't give a shit.  Anaal Nathrakh on the other hand.... I used to always get them confused with Rotten Sound until I became a fan of both.  I like them a good deal.

If you are liking weird as fuck black metal, I cannot suggest these bands enough

portal
gnaw their tongues
deathspell omega

and the new funeral mist is the best black metal album i've heard this year (leviathan/acherontas split is pretty damn close)

i listened to "exit" by rotten sound and it was so sick! i just gotta hope metal haven (an all metal CD store in chicago) has that next time i go up there. i wanna get last days of humanity too. i've been getting nito the more rutal shit lately, so give me any suggestions if you got them. i recommend "servile insurrection" by severed savior. really good technical brutal death, but not super technical. i haven't heard portal or gnaw their tongues, but i gotta give deathspell omega another try. i fell like i should be able to really get into them (especially because i read bataille, who they're inspired by), wolves in the throne room, and axes of perdition.

i'm liking this black metal band profundi. just nice, modern black metal. and i see what you're saying about the berzerker, but their good for just fast, aggressive shit.

and i agree with wiggerslam, BUT cemetery rapist is pretty sweet. "you'll never catch me chris hansen" is just a hilarious concept.

Terrence Maddox

• Rep: 0
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2009, 04:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Bands On My Itunes:
Dying Fetus - I drank with the singer Jason at my apartment when I was 20, he was the original Oderus Urungus from Gwar before he left the band.
[close]

Jason Netherton was never in Gwar.  Dave Brockie is the only unchanging member of Gwar and he is Oderus.... not that it really matters

The guy that brought him over to my place knew Jason since they were kids, I have looked on the inside of the liner notes on Scumdogs Of The Universe, the photo is clearly him without a mask on.  He may not of been Oderus, but I knew he was kicked out of Gwar for being arrested on tour.  He was delivering pizzas for money when I met him, my friend Chris said he paid off his parents home with money he made in Gwar.  The Dying Fetus cd Purification Through Violence came out like a year later.

Just Green Enough

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ...but existing is basically all i do
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2009, 08:02:09 AM »
i don't care how metal you think they are, but BTBAM is the shit.
colors was more of an expressive, experimental look on metal, which i think is great because not enough people do that. even their older stuff, like "mordechai" is intense, and then mellows out and just shows you how epic they are.

also, through the eyes of the dead was fucking awesome to see live. got to smoke blunts with them in their van after their show at some little coffee house. their pig squeals are on point.
I am in fact, a homosexual like Brian Anderson

sparksandblood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2009, 08:08:20 AM »
i don't care how metal you think they are, but BTBAM is the shit.
colors was more of an expressive, experimental look on metal, which i think is great because not enough people do that. even their older stuff, like "mordechai" is intense, and then mellows out and just shows you how epic they are.

also, through the eyes of the dead was fucking awesome to see live. got to smoke blunts with them in their van after their show at some little coffee house. their pig squeals are on point.
which btbam album is your favorite?
It was seriously like seeing Jesus on a skateboard.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2009, 11:40:34 AM »
you guys listen to scary metal

i like this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7E2j-Ut6iE

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2009, 02:54:57 PM »
If you like NWOBHM or old school speed metal check out this band from sweden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC6_j_AkdXo
Jews can't be pirates!

Doctor Newton

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »
Death Angel <3
Jews can't be pirates!

sparksandblood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »
HATE! that was fucking awesome. i was gonna post up some At the Gates, no need to now
It was seriously like seeing Jesus on a skateboard.

Doctor Newton

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »
I love you HATE!.  That was awesome! ;D

Doctor Newton

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »
Thanks guys, those dudes are working on more stuff too.  Really talented dudes.  I have a friend who used to be in a band called American Nightmare where all they did was play bluegrass covers of Misfits songs.  Never released anything but they were pretty awesome.  In the one bootleg disc I have you can actually hear them getting more drunk through the recording.

That's really cool stuff.  I've listened to that bluegrass Blinded by Fear again a few times :P

Doctor Newton

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2009, 10:11:56 AM »
Awesome.  There's a guy who does metal songs on Piano who has done a lot of In Flames stuff.

Here's his youtube profile:  http://www.youtube.com/user/ercorea

rattlehead

• my hass is out
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »
manowar
I'm seeing them next week. Got backstage pass and shit.
Jews can't be pirates!

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2009, 02:01:51 AM »
If your into thrash metal you might like this band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=924bRfmiJ20