Author Topic: Wenning on the plan  (Read 22257 times)

JohnC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • AUSTIN 3:16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wenning on the plan
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 11:24:58 AM »
im sure the dvd is already done and has been for awhile.

kuark

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 11:40:17 AM »
ok, i'm pretty sure ronson will be in it then.

they'll introduce him as am.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 11:43:11 AM »
Expand Quote
whats up with people hating on sheckler. its like someone sees another guy then hops on the ship and goes along with whatever. like sheckler sucks, then everyone agrees. then its like guy rules everyone agrees. granted guy is not even comparible to sheckler but still like he isnt a little kid wearing full pads skating comps anymore. have u seen his tws interview. bs smith 360 is rad as hell
[close]

maybe because...sheckler really does skate like crap and guy really does skate amazing...and everyone can see it. maybe that's the reason why everyone doesn't like sheckler and likes guy? you think? huh? woah, leap.

See i'm not 100% set on this one, Sheckler is just really young what is he now like 15-16, so his "style" is still going to be in limbo as he's got a lot of growing up to do, if you look at Guy in some of the Powell vids i'm sure if this was 15 years ago if not longer there would be just as much hate about Guy's style back then, but as he got older he develpoed into a pretty good thing, give Sheckler some time. . .

Also i not really a fan of Sheckler but i do think some of the stuff he's doing is pretty rad, if he's been "marketed" differently people would have a totally different opionin of him
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

fuckingvegan

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 12:03:34 PM »
In his recent interview Sheckler has some alright photos, it is just hard to take him serious. But it is not 100% his fault, I would be shocked if he is leave Almost though.

Mandown

• Rep: 2
  • That is the whitest black cop,huh?
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 12:09:36 PM »
If Danny and Colin really wanted wenning on plan b all they'd have to do is give him a call,end of story.As for sheckler... does he really need anymore money then he's already getting off of everything he does(contests,etc)?

I didn't know about this plan b promo video coming out next month,but i'll be looking out for that to see new pj footy.

"Oh, the devil will find work for idle hands to do"

the iron monkey

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2006, 12:10:10 PM »
i don't like sheckler but i don't really like watching any little kids skate (including guy).

if plan B really want to put a kid on it may as well be him.

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006, 12:12:12 PM »
Also i not really a fan of Sheckler but i do think some of the stuff he's doing is pretty rad, if he's been "marketed" differently people would have a totally different opionin of him

He skates for such shitty non-skate companies that it makes it hard to take him seriously.  I wonder if it's all his "manager's" fault or if he actually has a say in who he skates for?

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 12:13:15 PM »
i don't like sheckler but i don't really like watching any little kids skate (including guy).

if plan B really want to put a kid on it may as well be him.

Yeah i think that pretty much sums up what i was getting at

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 12:14:39 PM »
If Danny and Colin really wanted wenning on plan b all they'd have to do is give him a call,end of story.As for sheckler... does he really need anymore money then he's already getting off of everything he does(contests,etc)?

I didn't know about this plan b promo video coming out next month,but i'll be looking out for that to see new pj footy.

i don't know about that. seems like wenning has plenty of money already and probably has a sense of loyalty to habitat because thats where he blew up and hes on the same team as all his friends. its convenient too, living in jersey and all. seems like a perfect home for him to me.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 12:16:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He skates for such shitty non-skate companies that it makes it hard to take him seriously.  I wonder if it's all his "manager's" fault or if he actually has a say in who he skates for?

Well as for that case of his "managers" or maybe "mam'n'dad'agers" i'm sure they're just trying to hook up a little retirement/college fund of when they "think" he'll grow out of it. . .

I mean Danny Way sort of landed pertty much on his feet and never really made any bad choices with skating and sponsers

Mariano pretty much did that same

So basically i blame the parents (all to easy to do in this day and age)

RudySucks

• Rep: 27
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2006, 12:18:24 PM »
i love how you guys say 'plenty of money' or 'doesn't NEED any more money'. what fucking fairy tale world are you living in where people don't always want more. i can still pay rent and buy food, people on the streets NEED money more than i do, but damned if i wouldn't like to have a hell of a lot more.

Gest

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2006, 12:23:17 PM »
i see nyjah getting on.

already on one lame company (silver) with bland marketing, nothing wrong with another, right?

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2006, 12:26:54 PM »
I'm calling bullshit on this one.

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2006, 12:30:54 PM »
i love how you guys say 'plenty of money' or 'doesn't NEED any more money'. what fucking fairy tale world are you living in where people don't always want more. i can still pay rent and buy food, people on the streets NEED money more than i do, but damned if i wouldn't like to have a hell of a lot more.

yea i said he had "plenty of money" not that he doesn't need any more. you're right...people could always go for more money...thats quite obvious. im just saying wenning probably values loyalty and sticking with the team that made him who he is over a bigger paycheck.

sleeeping

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »
i see nyjah getting on.

already on one lame company (silver) with bland marketing, nothing wrong with another, right?

Nyjah already rides for syndrome too, I have no doubts that crazy money is being thrown this kids way. Even as an am.

antihero

• Rep: -1
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2006, 01:03:36 PM »
Yeh but I think Nyjah's family will make sure he stays pretty mellow. I can't fault Sheckler or his parents he could loose his career at any moment to an injury so why not milk it while he can. I really hope Wenning stays on Habitat he fits on perfect and their video should be sick. 

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2006, 01:08:14 PM »
im just saying wenning probably values loyalty and sticking with the team that made him who he is over a bigger paycheck.

I'd like to think this was the case too.  But sometimes I'm pretty naive.

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2006, 01:13:15 PM »
his cousin comes into the bank i work at in wennings hometown of monmouth beach. i asked him and he said wennings staying put on habitat. dont take his cousins word for it though what does he know anyway?

when i first saw this topic i thought it was about wenning being on the 7 step plan to recovery haha.

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2006, 01:16:23 PM »
"Can I have some tens... you know, if you got 'em?" - Wenning's Cousin.

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2006, 01:35:08 PM »
hahahaha

the iron monkey

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2006, 01:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
im just saying wenning probably values loyalty and sticking with the team that made him who he is over a bigger paycheck.
[close]

I'd like to think this was the case too.  But sometimes I'm pretty naive.

i would think habitat have done at least as well out of wenning as has out of them.

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »
^^^^ And that's probably true as well.  I guess at that point each party tries to make concessions to the other.

kuark

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2006, 02:05:50 PM »

it's not next month, it's the next issue, which is out next week. let's just hope the dvd is done and will come with the magazine cuz last month, no bueno was suppose to come with it and it didn;t cuz it wasn;t finished.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2006, 02:43:15 PM »
The bueno promo, not no bueno dumbass...

TonyTurbo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2006, 02:56:02 PM »
None of you guys know shit. Pipe the fuck down and see whats happens. Bri will stuff a dildo in your milk bottle after he shits in a condom.....idiots

Lurkenstock

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2006, 03:01:44 PM »
This many posts deep and still not a shred of proof?
Smells like bullllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiit.

the iron monkey

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2006, 03:02:08 PM »
None of you guys know shit. Pipe the fuck down and see whats happens. Bri will stuff a dildo in your milk bottle after he shits in a condom.....idiots

defensive.

he's gone.

kuark

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2006, 03:54:14 PM »
The bueno promo, not no bueno dumbass...

I can't believe you actually spend time trying to find something wrong with my posts to insult me.

one little word and Duffy goes crazy.

it's funny how your life must be depressing.

i bet you get bullied at school and this is the only way you can "try" to get back and being "mean".

lue

• Rep: 0
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »
Hell Yeah! I hope it is true, Sheckler going to plan b.... it will make almost way tighter plus I herd it was a trade for Darell Stanton.... nollie back nose blunt.. WHAT!

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 05:22:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yea i said he had "plenty of money" not that he doesn't need any more. you're right...people could always go for more money...thats quite obvious. im just saying wenning probably values loyalty and sticking with the team that made him who he is over a bigger paycheck.
plus he's got a habitat tattoo