Author Topic: Plantar Fascitis  (Read 554 times)

ShredLaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Plantar Fascitis
« on: January 08, 2019, 01:40:07 PM »
I have never hurt my feet besides heel bruise and twisted ankles if you count that as a foot injury HOWEVER....
Skating a manual pad doing nose manuals caused me the worst and longest lasting pain in my life. It literally wont go away... i dont skate for 3 weeks, feel great, get on the board and within 10 minutes my feet feel the same as a month ago. Ive been doing so many stretches along with putting my foot on ice and I cannot get rid of the lasting effects. Has anyone struggled with Plantar Fascitis and successfully gotten rid of it? If so Id love to hear some tips. Thanks guys

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Plantar Fascitis
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:52:28 PM »
no I never met jason lee s kid but i heard he's a real piece of work
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 02:13:07 PM by behavioralguide »

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 02:07:07 PM »
Athlete's foot? No, it's fuckin plantar warts.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 10:24:02 AM »
i had it bad & i bought brace for during the day  . also use a golf ball and roll it out .

ShredLaw

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 01:56:27 PM »
Athlete's foot? No, it's fuckin plantar warts.

Nah its different from Plantar Warts. The Plantar Fascia is the muscles all along the arch of your foot that help you curl your toes up. It makes it really hard just to even balance on my front foot while i push. Its common among athletes but i talked to everyone i skate with and no one has ever had it

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 03:15:46 PM »
Superfeet Green inserts. Also, don’t wear skate shoes when you’re not skating (high support/stability running shoes are what I recommend if the price is right), because if we’re being real, no skate shoe (without after market inserts) will help with plantar fasciitis.

Seduction

• Rep: 5
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 09:33:24 PM »
Check out dr.kylebrown on Instagram, his page has tons of exercises for plantar fasciitis and many other exercises for skateboarding

hangontoyourego

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 10:15:33 AM »
Superfeet Green inserts. Also, don’t wear skate shoes when you’re not skating (high support/stability running shoes are what I recommend if the price is right), because if we’re being real, no skate shoe (without after market inserts) will help with plantar fasciitis.
i found running shoes weren’t any better . they’re to soft for my liking . if you can my recommendation would be wearing good work boots with a hard insole .

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
Hate to sound like an ad here, but have you tried FP insoles? I picked up a pair to use for both skating and work.

I get horrible pain in my right ankle and foot. Nerve damage from a long lasting herniated disc that I waited 12 years to take care of. It sucked working on concrete floors for 8+ hours a day. Definitely made it a lot better.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 01:48:54 PM »
I was getting Cortisone injections and they were magical... the last one really kicked its ass. Plus, like said above, I started rolling my whole foot out with lacrosse and gold balls.

I have been paid free for 2 years after about 6 years with it.... golf ball it!

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 28
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 03:03:00 PM »
Put a water bottle in the freezer. Post-skating, roll the frozen bottle back and forth on your foot extending all the way back to the heel.

This dumb little trick has helped me tremendously.

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 08:30:06 AM »
As of yesterday, i also have plantar facitis. THe ortho confirmed it. I cant even walk straight without having this crazy pain (between mid foot and heel) so now i am rolling it on this ball.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 05:02:37 PM »
Been there.

Just over two years ago I had a long skate day and woke up the next morning with what felt like a heel bruise. I couldn't put any weight on that heel and was limping pretty bad.  6 weeks later it had not gotten significantly better so I got it checked out and indeed it was Plantar Fascitis. 

I did the rolling exercises. I did ice. I did stretches.  I wore braces whenever I did anything active.  It stuck around.   A year into it I tried a TENS unit and it got better in 3 weeks.

TENS units are available on Amazon for around $30.  Mine did not have lots of fancy settings and there are lots of articles out on the web for where to place the electrodes.

belt

• Rep: -16
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 10:26:07 AM »
I suffer from this as well, it comes and goes to this day.
-the frozen water bottle trick previously mentioned works well.
-no running shoes
-boot type shoes with the expensive Green insoles mentioned before really help but can be hard to get used to. I wear those to work. But you can’t wear those all the time.
-vans pros save my feet, I wear them casually and to skate. I have a couple different pairs. I keep the fresh insoles for skating and the really worked in ones for chillin. The worked in ones provide lots of arch support and are basically form fit but hurt heels while skating.
-I’ve also found non skating adidas campus feel good and have lots of support. But also just and authentic non pros are good for some reason. And those have no arch support, I have huge arches I can stand on a golf ball and it doesn’t hurt or impact my arch.
-stress could also Cause it
-also you might have Achilles’ tendon problem. Foam roller those calves, everthingbis connected so a pulled muscle in your foot (plantar) could be caused by another muscle being too tight an the foot gives in.
-I might buy a pair of busenitz because I remember those feeling really good as well.
- be “healthful” if you eat like shit and drink any alcohol, smoke any cigarettes, do ANY drugs you have no excuse and should expect any type of pain to last forever. I found weed actually makes it worst and makes me think about my feet which caused the stress.
-plantar is a nightmare and cost multi millionaire basketball players their career.
-don’t skate or run or walk for a few weeks I’d say just chill til it’s nice in June. I’d wait for it to feel better for 2 months before you skate again. Most of my plantar issue come from landing tricks and tweeting my body so hard to stay on the board. This happens most of the time on grinds and flip tricks for me.
-I also found that if I have sex with a girl in her early 20s the pain goes away for about a week.
Good luck you’ll be fine

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »
you just have to stretch it 3 times a day and it goes away.