Author Topic: under-rated?  (Read 3088 times)

the iron monkey

under-rated?
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:01:59 PM »

donnie_murdo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: under-rated?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 12:25:58 PM »
I wonder happend to McNatt, he was fucking sick, i remember watching him skate at Radlands at a comp when he had a head full of acid, and seemed un-able to actually bail tricks he just landed everything, so good.

Fuck man Evol, thank God a wee image change and the D3 saved them
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 11:45:42 PM »
i remember him living in vancouver...he was here for a bit but no one saw him...he had a really small girlfriend....like a female version of him...

Mackattack

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 08:45:07 AM »
the flyout 540 was legit son!

Chris from Essex

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:41:36 AM »
For a relatively small guy, he was incredible: Giant rails, amazing technical stuff, gnarly gaps and weird obstacles....His 411 Profile was amazing, as well as his 101 sections and general magazine coverage..Remember his TWS interview? He certainly didn't hold back when asked his opinions on skateboarding...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:43:36 AM by Chris from Essex »

krapnek

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 10:44:47 AM »
For a relatively small guy, he was incredible: Giant rails, amazing technical stuff, gnarly gaps and weird obstacles....His 411VM Profile was amazing and his older 101 parts..Remember his TWS interview? That was funny...

i think that kind of did him in.  i loved his taking piss out of muska and berra, but i can understand why companies may not have wanted to back him.  kind of bitter and weird.

bumbaclaat

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 10:46:19 AM »
the rail with the kicker thing at the end was the best hahahah

Chris from Essex

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 11:47:08 AM »
Oh yeah, but you can't deny his ability, didn't he get in a fight/argument over footage of that "Helter Skelter" rail? I think McNatt got the footage out first, even though Muska was the first to grind it.

Expand Quote
For a relatively small guy, he was incredible: Giant rails, amazing technical stuff, gnarly gaps and weird obstacles....His 411VM Profile was amazing and his older 101 parts..Remember his TWS interview? That was funny...
[close]

i think that kind of did him in.  i loved his taking piss out of muska and berra, but i can understand why companies may not have wanted to back him.  kind of bitter and weird.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 11:56:49 AM »
Oh yeah, but you can't deny his ability, didn't he get in a fight/argument over footage of that "Helter Skelter" rail? I think McNatt got the footage out first, even though Muska was the first to grind it.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

From what i remember - McNatt got the footage out first, but this was mostly due to Muska being a dick about it/falling out with Toy Machine and Ed and Jamie/quitting the team and goign to Shorty's so that's Muskas own fault.

But in a some interview about it - maybe Big Brother, McNatt slated it to fuck and said it was the easiers grind he'd done - i guess that's why he nollie flipped out of it as his next move, ooohhhhhh was Chad sad and had to dry his eyes on that one
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Chris from Essex

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 12:04:06 PM »
Oh yeah, the big fight at the "Welcome to Hell" premiere, that explains it then. Funny really, but I do believe McNatt was doing those huge rails just to prove a point. Like I can grind the furthest, but so fucking what. Whatever, I respect the guy for skating amazingly and not being afraid of telling it from his point of view. I think Jamie Thomas wrote a letter in to TWS afterwards, and signed it a "crybaby kid" or something.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

From what i remember - McNatt got the footage out first, but this was mostly due to Muska being a dick about it/falling out with Toy Machine and Ed and Jamie/quitting the team and goign to Shorty's so that's Muskas own fault.

But in a some interview about it - maybe Big Brother, McNatt slated it to fuck and said it was the easiers grind he'd done - i guess that's why he nollie flipped out of it as his next move, ooohhhhhh was Chad sad and had to dry his eyes on that one

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »
he did a fucking frontflip over a pyramid. mcnatts 100% crazy sauce, but in a good way
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 03:04:13 PM »
I don't care if he can nollie flip out of a 50-50.  Mcnatt has rancid style.  He skates like the mongoloid kid down on the corner who can do more tricks than anybody else on the block, but everyone would rather pretend he doesn't exist.  Kook.

roulette

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 03:33:57 PM »
Cool

roulette

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 03:36:50 PM »
I don't care if he can nollie flip out of a 50-50.  Mcnatt has rancid style.  He skates like the mongoloid kid down on the corner who can do more tricks than anybody else on the block, but everyone would rather pretend he doesn't exist.  Kook.
what the fuck. what would ever make you say some gay ass whiteboy shit like that. maybe you were watching some other 10 year old part

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 12:58:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what the fuck. what would ever make you say some gay ass whiteboy shit like that. maybe you were watching some other 10 year old part

Nah it was McNatt alright.  Ever seen his part in Hot Batch?  Tyrone Olson can do big 50-50s too but it doesn't make it any easier on the eyes.

roulette

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »
no one will disagree that you cant compare t-bone to anyone

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 08:17:16 AM »
That's true.  T-bone was in a motion picture called a League of Their Own.  Mako Urabe auditioned but didn't make it.

Keolo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »
Whatever altleast he still has a board sponsor and probalby skate for fun but his shit was crazy snuff 101 his second part insane and then 411 issue 50 top tens thats 50-50 nollie flip out that crazy rail. Hes got skill.

steve urkel

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 12:45:52 PM »
that front board on that kink to kink was too good.