Author Topic: for all you indy lifers, why is that your choice?  (Read 10626 times)

SanchoDave

Re: for all you indy lifers, why is that your choice?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 08:00:03 AM »
should I buy the new stage 10's?

yeahisaidit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »
from the responses, there hasn't been much negativity towards indys. perhaps i just got a bad apple of a set, and im gonna give them another go. just picked up some stage 10s, and ill update if i have a better experience. 

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 07:43:42 AM »
I've tried a bunch of trucks - started with mack trucks (terrible), then indys, then grind king (didn't like these), then destructo (REALLY BAD).  Then I remember grabbing some ventures. I loved those. They were great, that was about 10 years ago. But for some reason, since then I've been riding indys. I don't really know why. Easy to get, reliable, grind good, I like that they are heavy too and last but not least, I can get them really loose.

I wanna try some ventures or thunders again, but I don't like taking risks with trucks. Since I'll use them for about 6 months.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 08:56:32 AM »
I've broken a countless amount of Ventures. Indys just feel the best to turn with and they're reliable.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 10:33:04 AM »
i dont think i have had an axle slip since 2001.
ONTARIO CANADA

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 05:59:54 PM »
I had one pair of Indys and they kept getting axle slip. It was only one truck, so I guess I had a lemon. I've pretty much always skated Thunders, but I would like to try the Stage 10s just to see how I like them.

Smashquatch

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 12:11:24 AM »
Skating without Independents doesn't feel like skateboarding.

odp

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 12:24:13 AM »
they're heavy and make it feel all that much better when you're grinding or catching/landing a flip trick. They smell a little different too when you're smashing a fast grind on crete coping

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Rep: 45
    • proskates.com avatar image
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 05:35:59 AM »
they're heavy and make it feel all that much better when you're grinding or catching/landing a flip trick. They smell a little different too when you're smashing a fast grind on crete coping
Haha thats the best ^

Skating without Independents doesn't feel like skateboarding.

I feel the same way

Gold Toof

• Rep: 2
  • Gold Tooth, nothing but the truth.
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »
Lows or Highs?

Gold Toof

• Rep: 2
  • Gold Tooth, nothing but the truth.
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 01:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Lows or Highs?
[close]

FUCK

the lows

be a man and get the regular ones

that's what I was thinking thanks for the help :D

sk8nappreciate

• Rep: -21
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »
I havent tried anything else but Indys in over 3 years. If the shoe fits wear it.

Never had a problem with them, never had to switch bushings.

The trick is do not tighten the bushings for like a day or so they tighten right up.
That's real life bro, no sticking lollipops up your ass and licking jesus's butthole man. People are getting raped,murdered and visiting the berrics daily. Deal with it.

Gnarbys

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 05:36:43 PM »
The History behind the brand is untouchable. They turn amazing. The axles are centered. They have a perect weight ratio for their sizes. They make sizes for everything in skateboarding 101-215. They keep all the Lifers on the team, so loyalty. You don't see any other truck company have such a following, for a reason.

PFIASB

• Rep: -55
  • Formerly Elmo!
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »
i bought a pair because people tell me their the best.
i like them the most, but the only other trucks i've had were tracker, tensors, and phantoms so thats not saying much......

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2009, 04:28:17 AM »
Tensors are SUCH GARBAGE!!! Krux are shit too!  What's that little hole for anyway?  It's too small to open a beer with while drunk, so what's the fucking point?!

Indy's never let me down.

hesaidwhat?

• Rep: -2
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »
My first pair of trucks were destructos. I weighted fucking 95 lbs and bent the hangers! the most i could ollie was a three stair.

fuck everything else Indy's all the way

crailtapper

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2009, 08:53:47 AM »
because i like them, fuck you for even questioning me.

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2009, 10:59:44 PM »
i recently skated some krux's on a setup mostly cuz of sbn. it was kind of 'unique' having some pretty light trucks, and they turned, uh, 'differently'.

but then one day i decided to skate down to my truck ( in a parking lot) with a board setup with indys, and it felt so right.

i'm now selling my krux's, obviously...

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »
ive honestly ridden a countless number of trucks from all companys, and none of them are like indy, the basic shape, the way they grind turn and everything, hardly ever get slip axel, just change those stocks bushings with some bones and you got the best trucks.
i always end up riding them until i cant take my kindpin bolt off  because its so worn and that takes a long time and there are never any other problems...

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2009, 10:54:28 AM »
I've tried a bunch of trucks - started with mack trucks (terrible), then indys, then grind king (didn't like these), then destructo (REALLY BAD).  Then I remember grabbing some ventures. I loved those. They were great, that was about 10 years ago. But for some reason, since then I've been riding indys. I don't really know why. Easy to get, reliable, grind good, I like that they are heavy too and last but not least, I can get them really loose.

I wanna try some ventures or thunders again, but I don't like taking risks with trucks. Since I'll use them for about 6 months.

I gotta add something to this...

along with all the good functionality, I ride them cause they have a cool logo. I mean look at this, can't really be fucked with:

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 01:37:55 PM »
I never had indy's, mostly thunders. but why are they much better with bones bushings? Is it the way they turn with bones bushings or something? I always got thunders cheaper so that's why I never bought indy's. My next trucks will be indy's I guess.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
Indy 139 High - the truck

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2009, 11:18:42 PM »
I never had indy's, mostly thunders. but why are they much better with bones bushings? Is it the way they turn with bones bushings or something? I always got thunders cheaper so that's why I never bought indy's. My next trucks will be indy's I guess.

i got some stage 10 indy 139s and i wanted to keep the original bushings on. the first day i didnt want to tighten them at all because i didnt want to break the bushings, but they were way too loose for my comfort. im sure there are some purists here that would say just ride them like that and they'll eventually harden and be fine, but I had to tighten them. Low and behold, after tightening them very little (still looser than i like them), the bushings started to crack and peel. Although that may not affect the performance, imo that's just one extra thing that doesnt need to be on my mind when skating.

i switched to some medium (yellow) bones bushings, and to put it simply, they turn exactly how I would want stock indy bushings to turn, and right off the bat.

recently i noticed a photo of alex olson (boardslide in the skateboarder mag with chris pfanner on the cover) and rick howard (lakai rick commercial) with bones bushings on. i found it interesting that they are both on the indy team and feel the need to swap to non indy bushings. take that for what it's worth.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:55 AM »
after exclusively skating regular 139s, i set up a board with indy lows and i like them.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i got some stage 10 indy 139s and i wanted to keep the original bushings on. the first day i didnt want to tighten them at all because i didnt want to break the bushings, but they were way too loose for my comfort. im sure there are some purists here that would say just ride them like that and they'll eventually harden and be fine, but I had to tighten them. Low and behold, after tightening them very little (still looser than i like them), the bushings started to crack and peel. Although that may not affect the performance, imo that's just one extra thing that doesnt need to be on my mind when skating.

i switched to some medium (yellow) bones bushings, and to put it simply, they turn exactly how I would want stock indy bushings to turn, and right off the bat.

recently i noticed a photo of alex olson (boardslide in the skateboarder mag with chris pfanner on the cover) and rick howard (lakai rick commercial) with bones bushings on. i found it interesting that they are both on the indy team and feel the need to swap to non indy bushings. take that for what it's worth.

Allright.

My thunders are still quite good. I have them for 8 months now. But I'd like to get some indy's and if they sell bones bushings I might buy them as well just to try out.

Am I coolz 2 now?

WWD4D?

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2009, 12:25:57 AM »
My last two sets of Indys axle slipped.
 I've been skating Indys since forever and the only other time I've ever axle slipped a pair of Indys was maybe 4 or 5 years back on a set that was given to me already used anyways, so I was surprised when the set I was skating a couple months back slipped. I thought "eh, probably just a bad set", so I bought another set and wouldnt you know it they slipped too. I just got my replacement set a couple days ago. Maybe it was just two bad sets in a row? A coincidence purhaps? I really hope my replacement set does not slip.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »
One thing.
I already have some trouble getting on high obstacles. Aren't indy 139's heavier than thunder 147's?

eyesmcgyver

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »
i want to like indys, but the last 2 pairs ive had have bent, never thought it would happen but it did
i will always stay true to thunders, best truck imo

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2009, 05:52:16 AM »
One thing.
I already have some trouble getting on high obstacles. Aren't indy 139's heavier than thunder 147's?
haha the weight of the board is just in your head man. you wouldn't feel a difference if you tried thunders compared to indys

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2009, 07:58:15 AM »
Expand Quote
One thing.
[close]
haha the weight of the board is just in your head man. you wouldn't feel a difference if you tried thunders compared to indys

You feel the difference