what is the best gaming console?

WII
4 (11.8%)
PS3
11 (32.4%)
XBOX360
19 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: game console  (Read 9367 times)

wuust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
game console
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:06:02 AM »
i wanna ask you guys which one is the best. i m doubting between all three. unfortunatly i have only funds for 1. a wii looks like a whole lot of fun, but just when you are with 2 people or more. and a ps3 will have ff13 which i'm looking forward to. and the 360 has skate1 and skate2.
please help me out here!

(and we all know sega mega drive's is the best, but i have it already)

Back to 0

• Rep: 23
    • outlawz avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: game console
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:10:19 AM »
Wii is good fun with friends, for hardcore gaming get something else...
still Rollin! www.outlawz.nl

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:18:37 AM »
PS3 has skate

get XBox if your into online gaming but get PS3 if you want a better gaming console (more power, blue ray dvd built in, blue tooth built in, wireless wifi built in, ect...)

oh and also get PS3 if you're hyped on the sickest game of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCylj25pq18&feature=related

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 06:28:44 AM »
don't get a wii. 360 is getting final fantasy 13, too and live is better than psn.  ps3 has some good games coming out this year (god of war 3 and uncharted 2) and of course blu ray. they're both good, but the xbox is cheaper and i personally prefer the controller.

Home Skillet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 07:17:50 AM »
Each console has their strengths and weakness'.  I couldn't make up my mind so I got all 3.  But the one that gets most playtime is the Wii, just because there are people over all the time and I play Mario Kart with my wife.  But for online gaming, 360's kills PS3, for now at least.  I basically got the PS3 to watch Final Flare, and I got it for a kickass deal.  The PS3 games look awesome if you have the right TV setup but I honestly have more fun with the 360 and Wii.  I hope they start making more games for the PS3 that have more fun factor. 

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:33:21 AM »
I'm saying 360 because I have one, but Online is better on 360 as well, and PS3 is more expensive.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 07:38:04 AM »
I hope they start making more games for the PS3 that have more fun factor. 

what xbox exclusives have more fun factor? i know one man's fun is another mans bore but just curious

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »
I wanted an Xbox and a Ps3 and I ended getting Ps3. I don't regret it at all.

Des Esseintes

• Rep: 21
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 07:57:31 AM »
360 and PS3 are more or less the same.

360 is cheaper and has better online. PS3 has blu-ray.

Wii is fun for a few weeks only.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 09:38:19 AM »
360 is shit.
PS3 is built tough.
And plus they have tons of games now that will def keep you occupied.
And free online!!!

But if you want a 360
- you got to pay to play online
- And they break easily.

Home Skillet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 10:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
I hope they start making more games for the PS3 that have more fun factor. 
[close]

what xbox exclusives have more fun factor? i know one man's fun is another mans bore but just curious
I was actually meaning that for the Wii.  I honestly have more fun on the Wii (maybe because of the multi player/fun with everyone), maybe I need to look into other PS3 games, I dunno.  But the only games I've played on the PS3, they're sick but I just lose interest within 20 min. 

sage

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »
Honestly I'd buy an xbox360 for the controller alone. The PS3 controller sucks dick, especially for FPS games. There's not a huge difference between the two anyways, and 360 is cheaper. Easy decision if you ask me.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 10:49:32 AM »
for those saying there isn't a huge difference between the two i think you might be missing something

XBox
- has 3 processors
- terrible quality
- hd dvd based games which have 1/2 the storage of blueray meaning PS3 can have bigger\better quality games

PS3
- has 7 processors, serveral are special purpose (4 i think) and it's an advanced architecture that's on the intel road map for 2012 so way ahead of the curve
- great quality
- blue ray based games which means twice the storage for games and bigger levels, better quality possible
- wireless wifi
- bluetooth

and the controller thing is just a preference. i can't stand xbox controls and it's always been a big factor in my ps preference and if i'm not mistaken they make compatible PS\XBox style controls for each system of the other systems style. so you can get any controller on any system if you really wanted to.

long story short though is that PS3 design is ahead of the curve and you will continue to see dramatic improvements in the quality of the games on that system for long after xbox is maxed out meaning xbox will have to come out with a newer console to compete before PS meaning that your xbox will be obsolete sooner. just another thing to think about. the games may be similar but from a hardware point of view, PS3 is way more of a beast of a machine.

sage

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 11:00:58 AM »
How much is Sony paying you?

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 11:01:40 AM »
also, the ps3 is harder to develop for and most of the time gets buggier/inferior ports of multi-platform games.

istayhigh

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »
why y'all niggas doin this fanboy shit?

wuust, don't get the wii. its fun for awhile but you'll get over flailing your arms around like a faggot to play a game aha.
only good game on wii is super smash bros. brawl and the wiisports.

between xbox360 and ps3, it doesn't matter really. I would suggest just getting the system more of your friends have, that way you can play with them online, borrow their games so you dont have to buy as many. and if any problems occur it will be more likely they can help you.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 11:25:12 AM »
MAG looks really good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qEItK2tf2k

not enough people have mics on psn, though.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 11:37:48 AM »
The topic that never sleeps.

Stop saying wireless wifi, though.
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »
why y'all niggas doin this fanboy shit?

wuust, don't get the wii. its fun for awhile but you'll get over flailing your arms around like a faggot to play a game aha.
only good game on wii is super smash bros. brawl and the wiisports.

between xbox360 and ps3, it doesn't matter really. I would suggest just getting the system more of your friends have, that way you can play with them online, borrow their games so you dont have to buy as many. and if any problems occur it will be more likely they can help you.

This.

I've personally had a 360 since they came out and I've never had a problem, and the online is much better than PSN and it's easily affordable. I'd recommend one. That said though I have zero interest in either system's exclusives and pretty much only play sports games and call of duty.

Sleazy, you sound like a used car salesman trying to sell a sports car to the dude who just wants to go point a to b.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 12:51:58 PM »
my xbox 360 was awesome when i had it, no problems at all, dope online play for COD4 and skate. I sold it though, and now all i play is the OG Super Mario 64
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

frisco

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 01:08:21 PM »
What an age old debate, who really knows, its all personal preference, I can never convince the 360 guys that the PS3 is better and likewise with me

However, some benefits of the PS3 that were mentioned earlier

Free Online, yea, its cheap to get online anyways but it is free on the PS3

Blu Ray Player, assuming you already have a 1080p tv this is a huge bonus for you, blu rays are the fucking shit

I'd say dont get a wii, a lot of my friends who have got them have regretted it because of the controller scheme and lack of games, that will change with time though, it is the most fun system to play with people though

Personally, I dont mind the 360 controllers at all, they are easy to get accustom to so im throwing that debate right out the window

Its fact though that more 360s break down than PS3's, its not like people make it up, they have a higher fail rate every single one of my friends who own one has had the ring of death

So, its up to you

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
TurboGrafx 16

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »
thanks for the info! there's a sale this weekend so i'll check it out for sure. you are sending me more into the direction of a ps3, so we'll see.

frisco

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 01:25:32 PM »
thanks for the info! there's a sale this weekend so i'll check it out for sure. you are sending me more into the direction of a ps3, so we'll see.

like someone said though, get the one that more of your friends have, my friends choked he got an xbox when the majority of his freidns have ps3

If you do get the PS3, youll have a battalion of slap pals for COD, Skate and the like

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »

If you do get the PS3, youll have a battalion of slap pals for COD, Skate and the like

don't get it twisted

xbox live skate pals > ps3 skate pals

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 02:01:43 PM »
explain what makes xbox live better than ps online. did they buy the gooder internet tube? because i have seen no difference whatsoever when switching them back and forth. and the ps3 has next to no fail rate, and a processor that jams cock into xbox's micro soft brown spot.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 02:08:13 PM »
I've heard there's consistantly more lag on ps3 online

also heard xbox live has a lot more support and wider selection for downloadable content, patches, demos, arcade games etc..

I've never actually played ps3 online so my opinion is biased, but just from what I've read/heard.

I wont defend xbox'x hardware however, I'm on my 3rd one.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
also, the ps3 is harder to develop for and most of the time gets buggier/inferior ports of multi-platform games.

that is true but it's why PS3 will eventually stomp XBox from the perfomance side of things. mircosoft has great dev tools and all that but really it's the game enginees that matter and the reason that PS3 game enginees were difficult is because the architecture is brand new and the game geeks haven't figured out how to maximizes it's power yet. eventually they will, i'd assume that they already did with the last unreal engine but if not then they will and then it'll stop being a contest on the power front.

Sleazy, you sound like a used car salesman trying to sell a sports car to the dude who just wants to go point a to b.

well i did quite a bit of research before i brought my system and why not share

and i'm not pushing PS3 over xbox, it's really just preference but i did want to clear up the "pretty much the same" arguement because they definitely aren't.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »
by the time the games get better for the ps3, a newer xbox will be out that will likely be better still. even more likely is that sony will release a new console before the best games (technologically speaking) get released for the existing system a la 'god of war 2'.

i have to say, what really sealed the deal for me when i was buying a console was that sony removed the ps2 backwards compatibility.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »
i don't care which one you get but here are some games that are great for each platform
wii-zelda,mariokart, super smash brothers,
360-typical games that are only on 360, halo, cod
ps3-metal gear solid 3 and that little big world game looks pretty tight