Author Topic: Wallenberg Contest News! No Malto, No Sheckler (sic)  (Read 14836 times)

McDuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wallenberg Contest News! No Malto, No Sheckler (sic)
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2009, 12:14:15 AM »
Personally I want to see what the kid could do either at Wallenberg or at LOVE. I'd love to see this board's reaction if he showed up Pappalardo and decided to switch kickflip it hahahaha.

apparently a kid switch flipped LOVE a few weeks back.... cant remember his name but yeah.... im sure the footage will surface soon.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2009, 12:19:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Personally I want to see what the kid could do either at Wallenberg or at LOVE. I'd love to see this board's reaction if he showed up Pappalardo and decided to switch kickflip it hahahaha.
[close]

apparently a kid switch flipped LOVE a few weeks back.... cant remember his name but yeah.... im sure the footage will surface soon.
oh that was me

frisco

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2009, 02:44:29 AM »
fs 360? bs360? man some of you guys have your hopes really damn high

ill be stoked to see anything down it

Tommes

• Rep: -30
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2009, 02:55:23 AM »

what? where? why? huh?

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2009, 03:08:29 AM »
fs 360? bs360? man some of you guys have your hopes really damn high

cole will bs 360 within 3 tries guaranteed

youngblood

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2009, 03:19:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
but back to the real topic...i'd like to see a fs shove or bigspin. even switch will do.
[close]

frontside shove would be awesome, i love seeing that trick down big shit
[close]

Front shove would be pretty sick, but who can you see doin it down wallenberg?

jimmy carlin

Tama Iti

• Rep: 0
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2009, 03:29:25 AM »
Swith frontside flip? ABD?
K.T.T.S.S

beeda weeda

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2009, 06:54:59 AM »
Brandon Turner- switch hardflip

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2009, 09:07:33 AM »
i got money on hermans regular hardflip. money.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
hermans got a proper hardflip. i'd love to see that shit go down.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2009, 10:59:57 AM »
* richie jackson and ragdoll battle for the firecracker
* leo, 50-50 up it(a rail will appear because the universe fears the vengeance leo will inflict as a result of lack of rail to 50-50 up)
* dylan rider will write some poetry on it, then fakie tre it, first try
* pappalardo, ollie, very stylish
* jerry hsu will take a picture of it
* templeton will paint it, nude of course
* j-lay tuck knee  + sw tre
* antwaun sw heel w/ blunt in hand
* furby switch heel in pajamas
* jereme raps about it
* tk raps about it, but also throws down a trick, noone knows what though cos they were blinded by his ice
* p-rod 10 tricks in 10 tries
* in the end, kevin long brings the la high banks to the spot and wins the contest with a back crail bigspin out to max fish brew pounder morrissey art fest

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2009, 11:33:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
but back to the real topic...i'd like to see a fs shove or bigspin. even switch will do.
[close]

frontside shove would be awesome, i love seeing that trick down big shit
[close]

Front shove would be pretty sick, but who can you see doin it down wallenberg?
[close]
jeremy reeves. he front popped that triple set in minnesota (?) in his wtf part so you know he can do them over lengthy stuff and he already pop shove meloned wallenberg. i could see it.

I remember hearing that Reeves already tried the front shove at wallenburg but came up short and broke some bones in his foot or something. Thrasher maybe? Id be psyched on a Brad Cromer switch flip if hes there, hes got them proper...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »
^Jeremy Reeves did it with a grab
Expand Quote
If Sheckler is so bad, why wouldn't you want to see him lose legitimately? Being stoked that he's "required" not to show up means that you're probably just stoked that he can't show up and crush all of your favorite shitty pros... and fyi I doubt Etnies could "require" him to do anything.

[close]

I'll tell ya what the board's reaction would be - it would be similar in tone to that of a jealous teenage girl. A lot of whining and delusion. Dudes getting absurdly picky about the legitimacy of his tricks, even though they'd be godly if anyone else threw 'em down. The PALS care that much about image. This is just one of their weird ways that they show it.
You come off as a jealous teenage girl. You got rejected by most for being so stupid and have started talking shit as if you hate them, but really, its you venting the frustration of being rejected. Look at all of your posts, you always reference what you think others think, and then say you are better.

I'm glad Sheckler won't be there, not because I care who wins or loses. I really don't care at all. What I want to see is skateboarders I like trying  gnarly shit on a crazy gap. I don't like Sheckler, and he has the potential of doing a trick that I wanted to see somebody else doing, and taking that experience away from me.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

CoolBeans

• Rep: -2
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2009, 11:52:41 AM »
I've never been to wallenberg, but it looks a hell of a lot bigger than love. love is huge but it seems ollieable for anyone who just went for it

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Sheckler is so bad, why wouldn't you want to see him lose legitimately? Being stoked that he's "required" not to show up means that you're probably just stoked that he can't show up and crush all of your favorite shitty pros... and fyi I doubt Etnies could "require" him to do anything.

[close]

I'll tell ya what the board's reaction would be - it would be similar in tone to that of a jealous teenage girl. A lot of whining and delusion. Dudes getting absurdly picky about the legitimacy of his tricks, even though they'd be godly if anyone else threw 'em down. The PALS care that much about image. This is just one of their weird ways that they show it.
[close]
You come off as a jealous teenage girl. You got rejected by most for being so stupid and have started talking shit as if you hate them, but really, its you venting the frustration of being rejected. Look at all of your posts, you always reference what you think others think, and then say you are better.

I'm glad Sheckler won't be there, not because I care who wins or loses. I really don't care at all. What I want to see is skateboarders I like trying  gnarly shit on a crazy gap. I don't like Sheckler, and he has the potential of doing a trick that I wanted to see somebody else doing, and taking that experience away from me.

That's probably the worst, most unfounded (not to mention illogical) psychoanalysis I've ever seen.

I'd say "nice try", but it really wasn't. More like "desperately reaching at straws that aren't there" type shit. Sad.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »
honestly, not too bummed about sheckler showing. the only thing i could see him trying is a backside flip which is abd... the rest of his bag is all indoor park stuff, so nothing exciting about seeing him at wallenberg

Malto on the other hand had the possibility of switch flipping it... if nothing else i'd love to see someone carcass switch at wallenburg.
his hardflips aren't that bad either... but those seem like a trick that's not too easy to get distance on... but i guess we'll never know...

or will we?

pretty sure jayme fortune stuck a switch flip in some digital down the burg like 3 or 4 years ago..  i know i saw it but can't remember which video.  didn't land, but made it all the way and slipped out.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »
pop shove melon if I remember correctly, not fs shove

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2009, 05:55:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's probably the worst, most unfounded (not to mention illogical) psychoanalysis I've ever seen.

I'd say "nice try", but it really wasn't. More like "desperately reaching at straws that aren't there" type shit. Sad.
That's not psychoanalysis. You reek of rejected and bitter. You don't need a PhD to figure it out.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Epic

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »
* leo, 50-50 up it(a rail will appear because the universe fears the vengeance leo will inflict as a result of lack of rail to 50-50 up)
* jereme raps about it
* tk raps about it, but also throws down a trick, noone knows what though cos they were blinded by his ice
* in the end, kevin long brings the la high banks to the spot and wins the contest with a back crail bigspin out to max fish brew pounder morrissey art fest

HAHA omg that seriously made me laugh out loud.  Pretty much sums up skateboarding so far for 2009.  HAH HOLY SHIT.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2009, 08:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
honestly, not too bummed about sheckler showing. the only thing i could see him trying is a backside flip which is abd... the rest of his bag is all indoor park stuff, so nothing exciting about seeing him at wallenberg

Malto on the other hand had the possibility of switch flipping it... if nothing else i'd love to see someone carcass switch at wallenburg.
his hardflips aren't that bad either... but those seem like a trick that's not too easy to get distance on... but i guess we'll never know...

or will we?
[close]

pretty sure jayme fortune stuck a switch flip in some digital down the burg like 3 or 4 years ago..  i know i saw it but can't remember which video.  didn't land, but made it all the way and slipped out.
In the credits of sane. You dudes are definitely over estimating how big it is. Jayme does't even skate big shit and almost made it to the end, furby or mike mo would probably switch flip first try.

spare change

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »
* jereme raps about it
You win the demo.

rauce

• Rep: 0
  • big booty hoes
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think youre talking about ishod wair

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH Hell yea. You don't realize how hyped I am right now. He is that dude.

walrus

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yea mr. spoils

Tommes

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2009, 03:07:40 AM »
* antwaun sw heel w/ blunt in hand,or he'll do a line down it!, get it?  a LINE?
* jereme raps about it
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:41:14 AM by Tommes »
what? where? why? huh?

youngblood

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2009, 03:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

or will we?
[close]

[close]
In the credits of sane. You dudes are definitely over estimating how big it is. Jayme does't even skate big shit and almost made it to the end, furby or mike mo would probably switch flip first try.

if switch flip would come that easy to them they would of already done it plus a lot more. how come we've never seen either of them skate the burg... oh cause its long as fuck. maybe in a comp... even that's pushing it. if anyone's going for the switch flip i'd love to see cromer get it.

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2009, 03:34:38 AM »
if you're gonna bitch about how 'short' it is... take into account the roll in that Phelps is planning on setting up

shouldn't be like Reynold's semi-vert roll in, but still, that's mad speed

Tommes

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2009, 03:42:19 AM »
I think that's one of the main aspects:
You gotta do the trick at top speed!
what? where? why? huh?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2009, 03:59:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

or will we?
[close]

[close]
[close]

if switch flip would come that easy to them they would of already done it plus a lot more. how come we've never seen either of them skate the burg... oh cause its long as fuck. maybe in a comp... even that's pushing it. if anyone's going for the switch flip i'd love to see cromer get it.

No one skates it because you're not going to be super famous for doing something down it. Carlsbad makes you more famous than wallenburg.

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2009, 04:20:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

or will we?
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
No one skates it because you're not going to be super famous for doing something down it. Carlsbad makes you more famous than wallenburg.

No way. Everything has been done down Carlsbad and people skate it every day. I don't see anyone blowin up over what they did down Carlsbad. Maybe it would have made you famous in 1998 but not today