Author Topic: Passion of the Jew  (Read 11707 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Passion of the Jew
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 01:44:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it wasn't til about 300 years after jesus' death that there was any real distinction between jews and christians.
[close]

Where did you read that?
[close]

in a book written by a rabbi explaining judaism to christian folk, the split happened because christians didn't want to associate themselves with the jews who were not on top of the roman's list of favorites. oh, and the christians preferred sunday to the jew's saturday in terms of worship

That sounds pretty bogus since by that time Christianity had already spread through much of eastern Mediterranean as a distinct religion, albeit not the most popular one.
How bout the name of the book and the author?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 05:00:13 AM »
Watching all these going on in between Lebanon and Israel,

I've found Spielberg's Schindler's list pretty biased.

Though I've never known jews personally,

somehow I reckon United States, as financially operated

by some jewish people, is the ultimate evil axis on the planet

for now.

Late?

Evil? Greedy Imperialist Assholes is more like it. Evil would be if we were lining people up to go into concentration camps. Bullshit wars over politics, that's every nation who has had real power.

Another thing to keep in mind is how close the last election was. Were only 1/2 bad.

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 07:50:15 AM »
a slap thread about jews without jesse...slap is over

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 08:09:38 AM »
Shit, Whatnot, you're regular.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 08:12:05 AM »

I think Slap's been over for about the last month and a half, thank fuck my body's finally better so i don't have to spend anymore time going brian dead on the internet and can actually go skating
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

krapnek

• Rep: 1
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 08:48:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it wasn't til about 300 years after jesus' death that there was any real distinction between jews and christians.
[close]

Where did you read that?
[close]

in a book written by a rabbi explaining judaism to christian folk, the split happened because christians didn't want to associate themselves with the jews who were not on top of the roman's list of favorites. oh, and the christians preferred sunday to the jew's saturday in terms of worship
[close]

That sounds pretty bogus since by that time Christianity had already spread through much of eastern Mediterranean as a distinct religion, albeit not the most popular one.

yeah, that sounds like a partial explanation of the origins of antsemitism.  but, the religions were certainly distinct by then.  though not canonized as we know them now, the majority of the gospels available to converts made it clear that jesus rejected the traditional understanding of the mosaic code, and the the rabbis would not have accepted those teachings in the temples.  you know, that little bit about drinking blood, and eating flesh; not exactly kosher.

krapnek

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 09:03:52 AM »

for now.

Late?
how is the united states financially operated  by some jewish people?  do you mean there are jews in banking here, and that their influence in that industry is so strong that it directs american foreign policy?  or, do you mean there are jews within the american goverment who control the finances of the government and the entire country?  have you considered the possibility that the entire elite power structure of the world is in fact controled by reptoids?  that george w. bush, the queen of england, the rothchild's, and michael jackson are actually shapeshifting lizards who manipulate the appearance of reality such that the average man believes that the world is made up of states pursuing distinct interests and competing for any number of forms of power?  have you cosnidered that these reptoids are actually highly evolved jews?  think about it, it just makes sense.  where else do they get those noses?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 09:36:53 AM »

yeah, that sounds like a partial explanation of the origins of antsemitism.

One, if not the most important, source of anti-semitism was the fact that in Rome work and trade were considered unworthy of a regular Roman and usually reserved for slaves, clients (poor people who worked for wealthier Romans for a small payement in food and later money) or non-Romans (Syrians, Jews, etc.). This conception of work continued into the early middle ages and along with it contempt for Jews who traded and accumulated wealth, hence antisemitism.
So, if it weren't shameful and sad, it would be funny to see that the reasons (no matter how pointless and stupid to anyone with half a brain) for which Jews are hated exist only because of Europeans, not the Jews.

krapnek

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2006, 10:30:04 AM »
Expand Quote

yeah, that sounds like a partial explanation of the origins of antsemitism.
[close]

One, if not the most important, source of anti-semitism was the fact that in Rome work and trade were considered unworthy of a regular Roman and usually reserved for slaves, clients (poor people who worked for wealthier Romans for a small payement in food and later money) or non-Romans (Syrians, Jews, etc.). This conception of work continued into the early middle ages and along with it contempt for Jews who traded and accumulated wealth, hence antisemitism.
So, if it weren't shameful and sad, it would be funny to see that the reasons (no matter how pointless and stupid to anyone with half a brain) for which Jews are hated exist only because of Europeans, not the Jews.

that, coupled with the christian contempt for lending at interest, and that pesky albatross of being blamed with  the death of christ, made it tough going. 

what astounds me is how prominent anti-semitism is today:  from the conspiracy theories i made light of in my post responding to that idiot above, to the widely accepted axiom that israel is the source of all middle eastern conflict, or as mel gibson said, all wars.

it just never stops.   people are stupid.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »
what the fuck is a jew.....?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 10:33:43 AM »
Oh yeah, modern banking was invented/introduced to Europe by a certain christian order - *drum roll* - namely the Templars.

JohnC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • AUSTIN 3:16
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 11:44:51 AM »
i agree with big sexy on one thing...what women want is a classic film.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 12:58:08 PM »

for now.

Late?
I think that you have proven yourself to be a totally ignorant bigot with that quote. So you've never even met a jewish person  yet you know about all of their conspiracies. Hmmmm. You don't know shit. I have explained the origin of the "jewish bankers run the world" myth before, and I don't feel like doing it again. Basically you are a redneck backwoods hick who doesn't know shit about shit. As for other sources of anti-semitism, its mostly just the church. Which brings up a point, how can people say that the jewish religion, which is entirely decentralized (there is no central governing body that says who or what makes one jewish, it is all based on the local rabbi) is some sort of conspiracy of people trying to run the world. What about the catholics? Anybody ever heard of the pope? The Vatican doesn't even hide its power-hungry ambitions, yet nobody has ever talked about their conspiracies to run the world, despite having a major history of trying to do just that. But somehow the jews are the power hungry assholes who run the world? The president of the united states subscribes to a catholic belief that dinosaurs and people lived side by side (aka creationism) despite logical, empirical evidence against it. Which brings up some major roots of anti-semitism. The Church. IN the passion episode of southpark theyu go over the origin of passion plays, the bible doesn't focus on the death of jesus, not one of the gospels does. Despite being a jew, I have read all of them (I had to know what all these right wing nuts were raving about.) Passion plays started in the middle ages to incense people against the jews. If you know about that time period, you also know that this was a period when the church was mostly just a power hungry empire basically. They fought the crusades, they owned land, they pissed enough people off that there were several churchs that reformed (protestant.) Not only was the church power hungry, they were also scared about people not listening to them, the only power they had over people was through religious feear. Granted, they had huge armies, but nobody would have been part of them if it weren't for their fear of god, it was that fear that gave the chruch power. Jews aren't scared of the second coming of Jesus. Not one bit. Jesus is a myth that christians believe in, and is not part of the jewish religion. So the Church wanted to come up with ways to keep them in order. They couldn't kill them off, as they needed them for money purposes, as money lending wasn't a sin in judiasm at the time, the way it isn't a sin in christianity now. So they came up with myths, such as the "Jews killed jesus" myth. The Romans did it. Jesus was a rebel and a revolutionary, causing a lot of shit. He wasn't one of a kind though, these messianic rebels were a dime a dozen back then, and they consistently met their death on the cross.  So yeah, the jewish bankers controlling America or the world? Just a myth created by the power-hungry church in order to make people fear a major group that they had no control over. You, whatnot, bought into it, and you are not only stupid for this, but irresponsible for spreading it.

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2006, 01:01:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Slap's been over for about the last month and a half

month and a half? nigga please.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2006, 01:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Slap's been over for about the last month and a half
[close]

month and a half? nigga please.

Ok i'll up that to turned into the new Transworld boards
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

E.l.G

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »
It's been over for a long, long time.

hair_this_raw

• Rep: 0
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where did you read that?
[close]

[close]

i take back the rabbi comment, that specific book was not written by a rabbi.  It's called "Israel and the Church" by James Doukhan, who is a Christian appealing to other Christians to return to and connect with their Jewish roots.  According to him "Historians have indeed established that the fourth century marks the beginning of the 'oldest hatred of human history'" when the church later'd the synagogue.

Blaise

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2006, 11:22:28 AM »
IN the passion episode of southpark theyu go over the origin of passion plays, the bible doesn't focus on the death of jesus, not one of the gospels does.

Southpark as a history source?  Ok.  Yeah, you could say in a sense the Gospels don't focus on the death of Jesus.  But regardless of why passion plays originated, they are still telling a story from within the Gospels (and it is not a minor part of the Gospels).  Even if some people have had anti-semitic reasons for doing passion plays, that doesn't make the story itself anti-semitic.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2006, 12:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote
IN the passion episode of southpark theyu go over the origin of passion plays, the bible doesn't focus on the death of jesus, not one of the gospels does.
[close]

Southpark as a history source?  Ok.  Yeah, you could say in a sense the Gospels don't focus on the death of Jesus.  But regardless of why passion plays originated, they are still telling a story from within the Gospels (and it is not a minor part of the Gospels).  Even if some people have had anti-semitic reasons for doing passion plays, that doesn't make the story itself anti-semitic.
You are an idiot. First of all, I don't use south park as a historical source, I'm just saying that they happened to word it well. Not in a sense, the gospels just don't, and they certainly don't put the responsibility on the jewish people the way passion plays did. In fact, if you read the bible, the people Jesus seems to blame most, even before it happens, is his own followers, who he correctly predicted would foresake him. Passion plays came out during a time when the church was power hungry and wanted to have power over even those who weren't scared of the hellfire they threatened. THEY WERE CREATED FOR ANTI-SEMETIC PURPOSES. The church couldn't control jews by scaring them with religion, so they made passion plays specifically for the purpose of riling people up against them. Its a fact. A lot of people, like Mel Gibson, like to pretend it/they aren't anti-semetic, but their just pretending. They may be telling a story from the Gospels, but they aren't doing it accurately.

krapnek

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2006, 12:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You are an idiot. First of all, I don't use south park as a historical source, I'm just saying that they happened to word it well. Not in a sense, the gospels just don't, and they certainly don't put the responsibility on the jewish people the way passion plays did. In fact, if you read the bible, the people Jesus seems to blame most, even before it happens, is his own followers, who he correctly predicted would foresake him. Passion plays came out during a time when the church was power hungry and wanted to have power over even those who weren't scared of the hellfire they threatened. THEY WERE CREATED FOR ANTI-SEMETIC PURPOSES. The church couldn't control jews by scaring them with religion, so they made passion plays specifically for the purpose of riling people up against them. Its a fact. A lot of people, like Mel Gibson, like to pretend it/they aren't anti-semetic, but their just pretending. They may be telling a story from the Gospels, but they aren't doing it accurately.

there is a little more nuance to this.  there is plenty of animus towards the jews to be found in the gospels, particularly in john where they are presented as direct conspirators in the crusifixion.  and, as it happens, that gospel has been privied by christians, catholic and protestant. 

big sexy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »
AHAH this topic went from mel gibsons drunken @$$ to some serious debate thats way over my head. lame

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2006, 01:14:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

there is a little more nuance to this.  there is plenty of animus towards the jews to be found in the gospels, particularly in john where they are presented as direct conspirators in the crusifixion.  and, as it happens, that gospel has been privied by christians, catholic and protestant. 
There certainly was animosity towards the jews in the gospels. Jesus rebelled against the temple. He spoke out against its corruption and its short comings, and directly faced up to them. In the gospels, it is presented as the temple, not really the jewish people, that "conspires" against Jesus. But then again, the animosity against the jews is not really focused on the death of Jesus, but as the corrupt religious leaders who had lost their way. There is animosity towards all of humanity pretty much for his death.  But passion plays do things like whitewash the role of Pilot, and also omits the fact that the real message is that all of humanity, ESPECIALLY his closest followers, forsaked him, and allowed him to die. But that is the point of the passion play, to de-emphasize the other aspects of his death and simply blame the jews.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2006, 04:15:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think South Park does some of the best social commentary out there. There are not liberal not conservative, they call it like it is. Anyone see the war episode with the peace loving pussy and war hungry country fans?

hair_this_raw

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2006, 04:51:50 AM »
true, but i feel that they are the victim of what they mocked San Franciscans for doing: loving the smell of their own farts. 

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2006, 02:41:13 AM »
How do they come across as smug? You mean in their work or in their interviews?

hair_this_raw

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2006, 04:52:52 AM »
just in like it comes across that they feel that everyone are dumb bitches but them.  i still laugh when they mock people, but i like it better when the simpsons make fun of people just because they mock themselves while they are at it too. 

Ban NASCAR

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2006, 11:10:27 AM »
term Jewish people because it implies that Jew is a race?

http://askaninja.com/news/2006/05/06/ask-a-ninja-special-delivery-3-0

the passion has nothin to do with anti-semitism, blaming the jews for killing jesus is completely different than jesus being crucified. Jesus was a jew.

Truth.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:12:34 AM by Ban NASCAR »

fuckingvegan

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2006, 11:19:49 AM »
Expand Quote
term Jewish people because it implies that Jew is a race?
[close]

http://askaninja.com/news/2006/05/06/ask-a-ninja-special-delivery-3-0

Expand Quote
the passion has nothin to do with anti-semitism, blaming the jews for killing jesus is completely different than jesus being crucified. Jesus was a jew.
[close]

Truth.

The passion plays where made up by a well know anti semite nun in Germany.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2006, 02:24:40 PM »
vegan, I think that no matter how much evidence you have that passion plays are anti-semetic, people still will ignore the obvious. Intresting to know though.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2006, 02:32:04 PM »
vegan, I think that no matter how much evidence you have that passion plays are anti-semetic, people still will ignore the obvious. Intresting to know though.

true